airtwardo

Nice stand-up....for 1941!

Sometimes, when we jumped with the National Guard, I'd wear my frenchies and stand up my T-10. Most officers would look the other way. They knew I was a skydiver, and there was some respect that came with that. I knew better than to try a stunt like that with the regular army....

Sometimes, when we jumped with the National Guard, I'd wear my frenchies and stand up my T-10. Most officers would look the other way. They knew I was a skydiver, and there was some respect that came with that. I knew better than to try a stunt like that with the regular army....

I don't think I ever stood up a T-10, I do remember on an early SL jump landing easy enough to, but was so shocked I stood there for a heartbeat THEN fell over. :ph34r:

With a bit of practice I was hooking the Pap in and standing IT up at will...downwind accuracy attempts were another story.

I opened the Pap up and packed it last year for the heck of it...thought about jumping it for a minute, until I sobered up. :ph34r:

I'm 6'4" & 225#...that's 10 pounds lighter than the last time I jumped it 25 years ago. Lost some weight, gained some brains! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm 6'4" & 225#...that's 10 pounds lighter than the last time I jumped it 25 years ago. Lost some weight, gained some brains! ;)

I was always a light weight, until recently. Forty years ago I was a strapping young Lad of about 135 lbs....Standing up a rag wasn't too hard with Frenchies.

Today I'm a portly old feller, who has lost some of his marbles. I have trouble remembering more than one point. Sometimes it's hard just remembering where my slot is.

In the old days things were simple....You just looked for something round, and then you tried to get in.

I'm still thinking about getting my old PC out of moth balls.....

The last time I jumped old gear, I told everyone if I didn't make it they could have my gear. The thing is, nobody wanted it....:S

I'm still thinking about getting my old PC out of moth balls.....

The last time I jumped old gear, I told everyone if I didn't make it they could have my gear. The thing is, nobody wanted it....:S

:D:D:D

~I get that with my NEW gear..."What are all extra the snaps, straps and buckels for?"

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I jumped a Phantom 28 as a main about 5 years ago at about 225lb naked. Walked away but then our pea gravel pit was pretty deep.B|

I have a RW PC I want to jump. Along with some other stuff including my comp PC but I need to be a whole lot skinner. Too much metal in my ankle.

I do believe I stood up a 35' T-10 several times during training but I was 170 back then.:S

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

mock not the pioneers !!

in the 70's Carl Beck used to land on his Ass at Z-hills (he had a big old Cloud and his knees were shot)

Carl's 6th jump was Normandy
His 8th jump was Arnhem (where he got his face half blown off, why the beard)....

as far as I was concerned, he could land any damn way he wanted ...

miss you Carl... RIP

I though anything other than a PLF was prohibited.

I was kinda wondering about that too...maybe for the news reel they let somebody stick one?

WAG it's a jump master/instructer doing a hollywood jump. Fot the PAO

The volunteers will love those landings. No rolling in: dirt, mud, getting drug, and most important no one is shooting at them.

Hell of a way to get to workB|
One Jump Wonder

I don't think I ever stood up a T-10, p. :ph34r:

I started SL at 6'1" on T-10s...28 jumps later I was 5'11".

Then I jumped a PC...man! that was heaven!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

mock not the pioneers !!

Agreed! Hold them in awe.

In the early '70s, a guy shows up on my DZ and wants to jump. He said he had a few static line jumps and a single free-fall at another DZ. I looked at his log book. Turns out, I knew his instructor personally and all the comments looked good. I told him to put on his gear and we'd check out a few things.

When he came to me with his jumpsuit on, I saw that he had military wings sewn on it. When I looked more closely, I realized the wings had four stars. Four combat jumps!

I asked where he could possibly have gotten four combat jumps. He said he made three in Europe and one in North Africa. He said only a few guys had that many. He had jumped into Sicily as well as into Normandy on D-Day with the 82nd Airborne.

Talk about being in awe! Here was a guy with four combat jumps...and I thought it was a big deal for having served with the 82nd Airborne during--but not in--Viet Nam. I was humbled by meeting him.

He didn't like to talk about the fighting but he was more than happy to talk about what it was like to jump into combat four times...and live through it..as well as all the places he got drunk and into bar fights. WW II combat jumpers are a *very* different breed.

He became one of my best friends and I ended up teaching two of his sons to jump.

He died about 20 years ago of a heart attack.

Rest in peace, Walt Santman!
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Unless you pulled on the front risers by mistake to flare. B|

I saw the esteemed Winsor Naugler demonstrate that at Quincy a few years ago. I think he was awarded some plaster for his trouble...B|

Kevin K.