cabernet

Jeannie McCombs

Hi,
I remember you from Pope Valley!
Jumped with Jeannie...great lady and fun!

I still live in Napa Valley not farm from Pope.

You had the best description by far and away of our beloved Jeannie...

Amazing to see your post even though 2 years old.

Greg Melanson

My wife died on road to Pope Valley in 1980...she had 60+ jumps...you just never know how it is going to end...RIP is best you can hope for.

greg

When I was stationed at Mare Island Navy base I spent weekends jumping at Yolo County airport. I met and got to know Jeanne and the rest of the Star Dusters. I had seen Jeanne's name many times in USPA magazine and was pretty much starstruck. I was an east coast jumper and showed up at Yolo with the first Wonderhog 3 ring release system they had seen. Jeanne took it away from me and studdied it for about a half an hour. I was saddened to learn that she is no longer on this side of the grass with us. I always thought she was a kook in the most complimentary terms.
Warriors don't fight because they hate what's in front of them. It's because they love what's behind them.

In the 70's Jeannie drove the hell out of a Shelby Mustang, light metallic green. I had the chance to jump on a couple of loads out of Yolo on Ed Wilkes Beech 18. I thing they had the "Love" team going at that time. This was just after Calistoga was shut down and everyone went to Yolo.

Jeannie McCombs was a Terrific Lady...I also knew her in the 70's. Was her boyfriend at that time Bill Smith. I also remember a fellow, I believe his name was Jerry Myers. The three were like glue. When the three would arrive at Yolo in Jeannie's Selby Mustang Convertible...the game was on and that evening you know Ed Wilkes, Beech 18 owner/pilot would have a party at his place in Dixon. Good people...Good memories.
  • Like 1