howardwhite

ZHills sign

If you read the website you'd have the answer to the additional toppings question.
Where in England? I have a limit on distance. I'm in New York. NEW york. Not York. I see according to Google Earth it's roughly 3,200 miles from NY to Corwall. If you're in Devon you might be too far.

However, regarding the sign, I think I saw it today. I know I saw one. Was there only one? If so, then that's what I've been looking at. I think I've been looking at it for years in fact.

Kim--

Dorset. That's one county farther - county, not country. You couldn't stretch the free delivery distance just a little, could you? No? Damn.

Yes, I do believe the sign you mention is the one in question. May you gaze upon it in good health for many years to come. The Ranch, you say?

Crusty - Sir Robert has not been see by anyone I know in close to twenty years. Disappeared right off the face of the earth.

Hoop

Dorset? Hmmm... Well, I do happen to have an ex-wife in Dartmouth. Maybe I can work out something. Do you visit here on occasion? It would at least help with heat retention of the cooked pizza.

Did I say the Ranch? Me? That damn profile page is a cyber paper trail, I see. Well, i'll come clean. It is indeed, as we speak, atop the lockers in the hangar. There must be a story behind this sign, how it got here. I'd like to know the tale from the thief's perspective. We're having our 30 year anniversary celebration this next weekend. I'll ask he whom I suspect when I see hm.

hoop.... track down Bob Harman to run a little 'stealth' mission

That's a name I have not heard in a long time.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

Sorry I wasn't there. I'd have liked to introduce myself.

Don't tell anyone but I was thinking of stealing it myself and mailing it to Jim.

I'll defer to Jim of course, but maybe, just maybe the new Skydiving museum at Deland would be interested in it?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wasn't that just temporary for the Kittenger Boogie??

I might have not understood what exactly the deal was in Deland though. I thought the museum was supposed to be up in VA by USPA headquarters too.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Don't tell anyone but I was thinking of stealing it myself and mailing it to Jim.

Thanks for the thought, Kim. But will the Marinara topping still be warm when it gets here?

Actually, I think the suggestion by normiss that it would be best displayed in the new Bird House Bar is right on. Having the one from the '81 WPC would be even more appropriate - especially since Bird was on the winning 8-way team. What do you say, denniscoursey?

Hoop

Jim, I'm a purist and a perfectionist when it comes to my pizza. Read my blog too and you might get a sense of that. Therefore, having the Marinara simply warm is not an option. If I can work out the logistics of building a wood-fired brick oven or transporting my bus with oven to England I'd love to bake you a few right in your driveway/backyard/street... And I thank you for staying on topic in this thread. Pizza is paramount!

Re: The Sign. With everything being right in the Universe, would the sign be in the Bird House? Is that its rightful home? Would Jerry care?

Jim, I'm a purist and a perfectionist when it comes to my pizza.,.Pizza is paramount!

Re: The Sign. With everything being right in the Universe, would the sign be in the Bird House? Is that its rightful home? Would Jerry care?

Parachuting and pizza - two worthy pursuits to be passionate about.

I think the sign would be a fine addition to the Bird House, another memory-inducing display from those halcyon days. I can see a little plaque underneath noting the return to its birthplace by Hearth2Hearth - and a take out menu.

Hoop

> At the first Z-Hills 10-Way Turkey meet in 1969
> our spotting of the DC-3 was done from the ground
> by the judges, and they put us ALL so far out

It was those stupid telemeters.

You had to have the plane coming towards you
regardless of the winds.

And you had to get the jumpers out pretty early
because if they went over the top while in freefall
the telemeters would hit the stop before they got
vertical and you couldn't just swing them around
because you'd never find the jumpers in time.

I felt really bad about putting you guys out in the
swamp so many times.

I hated being a judge. I only tried it about 3 times,
once at Z'hills, and the first 4 and 10 way nationals,
and each time uncovered all kinds of problems in spite
of our best efforts to anticipate and plan.

I guess I'm incompatible with the competition
vibe because I only competed once, at the first
10 man meet, and that was pretty painful, too.

But I really am sorry that I put you guys out
in the swamp so many times.

Skr

Hello Skratch,

I thought that might get your attention.

We all knew and understood the problems you had on the ground. You told us what was up after the first jump and we knew what to expect from there-on. Hell, you know how much competitors like to snivel. That issue actually helped take “a little” of the pressure off of us by keeping us focused on the formations. It also made for some great jump stories down the line. For sure it didn’t stop ANY of us from partying every night after the jumping was over.
If you remember, during the Z-Hills meet Max backed right into the ONLY, I mean THE ONLY tree right in the middle of a very large field. We had to get a chain saw to cut the tree down and get his rig for him. The wind came up right as the tree started to fall and his main inflated pulling the tree back onto his rig before it hit the ground. It was like a clip out of a Keystone cops movie.

After Z-Hills Max and I made a few more trips across the country on his corporate dime to check-out new Drop-Zones and get them into our log books. During our travels the Z-Hills stories were a real hit.

Don’t take the ribbing so hard Skratch. You knows we loves ya.

Regards,
SCR-216