howardwhite

ZHills sign

Stolen - I think - during the 1981 Easter Boogie. A hundred bucks to have it made, another hundred for a year's rent on the location - pffft - gone. Left me in a moderately murderous mood.

Hoop
SCR242 SCS90 NSCR26

Wow! The internet really is an amazing thing! :)

Stolen - I think - during the 1981 Easter Boogie. A hundred bucks to have it made, another hundred for a year's rent on the location - pffft - gone. Left me in a moderately murderous mood.

Hoop
SCR242 SCS90 NSCR26

I remember when seeing the ole rainbow at a DZ meant something a bit different than it does today! :D

Pic is from 1980 when I took my girlfriend to Fla. for spring-break, she thought we were going to the beach! >:(;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Pic is from 1980 when I took my girlfriend to Fla. for spring-break, she thought we were going to the beach! >:(;)

You should have made sure to jump a Beech while you were there, then you could've claimed that you didn't lie to her. "Hey, I told you we were going to see a Beech!"

That was a great boogie. And no, I didn't take the sign, either. But I do remember spotting a load out of the DC3 about a mile and a half away (all those groves look alike or something like that :))

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You never could spot! LOL

I got better in between :P
I was just having a bad day
The sun got in my eyes
The pilot didn't listen to my correction
It was a different airplane from usual
I was spotting for the squares
(let's see -- what else is there :ph34r:)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You never could spot! LOL

I got better in between :P
I was just having a bad day
The sun got in my eyes
The pilot didn't listen to my correction
It was a different airplane from usual
I was spotting for the squares
(let's see -- what else is there :ph34r:)

Wendy P.

You seem well practiced with those responses Wendy! ;)

You forgot-
The wind changed.
The buttons didn't work.
My contact lenses came out.

She didn't take my sign in retaliation, did she?

Hoop

No...but when she finally dumped me 10 years later, the spring break trip WAS still a sore point. :S

I think it was #119 of the 17,862 reasons she had for throwin' me under the bus! :ph34r:

After 15 short years of unmarried bliss, she decided she's had enough... sain' she would NEVER go out with a Skydiver again! :ph34r:

Come to think of it, bitch prolly took yer sign! ;)

I doubt you remember, but in the late 70's I use to come down with a group from Annawan, Ill. called 'Trackers Inc.'

...we had a character by the name of John Wayne that on several occasions, gave you so much crap about nobody in the south being able to spot... I think you went lookin' for a baseball bat. :D:D

Hoop may remember the day I spotted a 20 way out on the edge of the far runway.
I was avoiding clouds and I NEVER went around, we had a truck to pick everyone up, no big deal.
1/2 way to the ground I remember the truck keys, the only damned truck keys, are in my pocket.

When I got back to the old loft, I just jumped in the truck went into town and bought 2 cases of beer, came back and put them on the back 'patio'.

Went into the office and Hoop's first words were 'you better get some beer', I just said I already did...

And if Wendy had been up with Bill Buchman flying, she'd have been fine, spotting with him was, wait,wait, wait, that's far enough, 'CUT' ... just never needed corrections..

I painted some signs for the new building (after the fire), wonder whatever happened to them? Had funny little skydiver characters on them, and some writing I think. Never took any picture of them, oddly enough, and can´t quite remember. But they were quite big and sat on the wall of the manifest building.
Lena (Sweden)!

I doubt you remember, but in the late 70's I use to come down with a group from Annawan, Ill. called 'Trackers Inc.'

'Trackers Inc' rings a bell. I also seem to remember being told John Wayne said the same things back home. Did any of you take a baseball bat to him at Annawan?

Hoop

I spotted Mr Douglas in Deland hundreds of times. The ultimate ego stroke was the parting of the bodies (as in the parting of the seas) when you looked forward to reach the eyes of the right seater. Never had to say a word. It was all eye contact and hand signs.

jon

'Trackers Inc' rings a bell. I also seem to remember being told John Wayne said the same things back home. Did any of you take a baseball bat to him at Annawan?

Hoop

No...we never went any higher than 2500', hell even I can spot from there!:ph34r:

At the first Z-Hills 10-Way Turkey meet in 1969 our spotting of the DC-3 was done from the ground by the judges, and they put us ALL so far out nobody knew which way to track on break-up.
Well, my Dad always said the best way to get to know a new place is go bet lost in it. OK Dad, but after two or three times being put off of the DZ and into the outback it starts to get old.

All-in-all that was one great weekend and 10-Way meet.

Regards,
Dennis Henley
SCR216