riggerrob

French-made AMR 720 canopy?

AMR 720, circa 1983?

Can any old French riggers help identify this canopy?

I am guessing that it has aobut 720 square feet of fabric.

It is round and started life as some shade of green, but is gradually fading to mustard yellow.

It is round and has 30-ish gores.

The fabric is taffetta(?), definitely not rip-stop weave, weighs about 1 ounce per square yard. There is no silicone coating, so porosity would be Lo-Po at best.

When new, it was some variation on green, but is fading to mustard yellow
Block constructed with about 30 gores.

The anti-inversion netting is small hole and extends below the skirt about 8 inches.

An inflation-speeding lip is immediately above the skirt and about 8 inches wide.

There are four - meshed - inflation windows intending 3/4 the length of the gores. They look like drive windows, but are distributed evenly around the canopy. These windows remind me of some static-line canopies that I helped GQ Defense test in 1994.

The label is fading, but appears to be written in French. It says: "AMR 720 ..." and the serial number is from 1983 or 1984.

This canopy reminds me of the TAP 30, static-line canopy developed by the French Army during the late 1980s.

Any suggestions?