racerman

Harness/container

I have a 69 Church Window PC that I'd like to jump. Problem is I need a harness/container to put it in. Does anyone have one the'yd be willing to sell or know where I can get one?

Hi Raceguy,
Now let's see?? 'Ya been jumping 30 yrs?? 'Ya got a rig? Probably a "Racer" hmmmmm?? If'n ya got the PC in a sleeve, get a D-bag or pod for it for starters. Whatever type of cutaway links ya have on yer racer?? 3-ring, shot 1/2's?? get a set of extra risers and hook up the PC to em'. next, hook it up to yer rig and extend the shit out of the closing loop, (Unless it's a really old SST or sumptin) and go nuts. Should work jez fine!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Here's a straight answer for ya; Call Bob Mathews at National Parachute Testing Center 352-489-4898 He's got a lot of stuff that will work with either the older capewells or 3 ring risers. Just tell him what you got and he will set you up.

Enjoy the ride. I would love to do it too but would only jump a jumbo PC or something large.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Can't you put it on 3 ring risers and pack it into a (old) tandem rig?

We have a few older canopies in rigs like that, with some controversy regarding the AAD setting (sport vs tandem) and the tandem reserve itself of course, but other than that, seems like a great idea to me: it provides the oppertunity for newer jumpers like me too to jump these old canopies :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Why not scrounge up an older B12 or other sport-type rig from back in the day and use that? If you want to jump a vintage canopy - do it the correct way - in vintage gear. It's simpler than futzing around trying to modify everything to work together!