SKYWHUFFO

D1

Hi Mr Twardo

If #357 is "Jack" Bergman that was the treasurer of USPA During the Norm Heaton days. If Jon L Bergman is not Jack me bad:$

Jack passed away a "while" back. Jack used to print a summary of USPA's balance sheet every yr in parachutist. He also work as a estimator for the company that constructed the arch in St Louis.

I find the list of the first 400 D's interesting due to the cluster's by location. NC;), and other parameters, weather etc.

R.

One Jump Wonder

D242 Gary Dupuis is alive and somewhat well. You have him listed as dying of cancer and that is not correct. He is currently at his home in Deland nursing a broken femur. Otherwise he is in good health.

My mistake, I was thinking of Gary Doris.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

My dad is Joe Cooper D-333. He passed away Jan 30th, 2012 while on a ministry trip to India, where he is buried. He was 76. He loved working in India where in 2003 he was attacked by a mob of militant Hindus who hacked his hand with a machete, beat him with bamboo poles, and threw a homemade bomb on him, killing the attacker but not hurting my dad. He always said that skydiving was the most thrilling thing he knew -- until he came to the Lord.

Lew Sanborn is D1. I made a couple of jumps with him in 1980 or so and he's a great guy. It was at a meet in Deland and they were going to bring a Twin Otter over from Daytona Beach. At that time a Twin Otter jump was something. They made us a deal, we could pay the night before and leave in a van early the next morning and ride back in it. We got discounted tickets for that. I remember getting in and noticing a pilot an co-pilot wearing neat uniforms, wood trim on the lights and nice carpet on the floors and thinking "this isn't' going to last long."
We got two loads out of it before they left. Having skydivers in general, and especially floaters, hanging off their nice shiny executive aircraft just didn't go over well.