SEREJumper

Name that harness/container #5...

Ok, here's one for you. I'm sure this was a "small" rig for it's time. I'll give you some details that the pictures may not show well to help you out.

- Rough dimensions of the container packed 10W x 18L x 5D.
- R-2 capwells
- Ripcord marked "L/F" (side note: what maker mark is that?)> It is also thicker and looks more like it was solid cast, not bent and welded.
- Looks like a factory soft loop/ grommet mod, I didn't see any evidence of there being any previous cones.
- Has interior velcro flap

Have at it already!

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/Gearpics/Minirig/
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

L/F = Jump Shack South (Lite-Flite)

Super Swooper was under arm RC, not over the shoulder. And I don't know that Sherman ever used type VII instead of type XIII.

Too many look alikes for me to know what it is. But the interior velcro flap looks familiar.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Thanks for the info on L/F. I have no reason to believe that the ripcord isn't original to the harness. I guess Jump Shack made some ripcords for other manufactures. It's not a super swooper or jump shack product.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Do you have any reason to believe the RC IS original. Remember, main RC's were pulled every jump and if you had a maifunction usually thrown away. Not unusual to just drop one, but usually required beer.;) Having a spare RC was common as was needing a new one. Jump Shack was one place that would make up what ever pin spacing you needed.

Do you KNOW what it is or are you trying to find out?

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Good info on the ripcord. The original owner never had a cut away with the rig and doesn't remember ever having to buy a new one. It was some time ago, so he could be mistaken.

I know who the manufacturer is, but can't make out the specific model. Looking in Poynters though I'm pretty sure I have it narrowed down.

I'll post the answer tonight though.

Ok, The rig was made by Para-Innovators and I believe it is a "Piglet I Conventional Parachute assembly". Page 211 in Poynters. No pictures, but that is the only "conventional" aka not tandem rig mentioned.