jlen

Where can I get my A - license in Mexico?

Hi everybody!

I'm new here and i want to learn to skydive. I'd like to get my full A-license and would like to combine it with a trip to mexico.

Does anyone here know of anywhere I can do this? I'm afraid i dont speak spanish though... Yet!

Please help!

You can stop in Houston on the way down, and do it at Skydive Spaceland. There's a good program there, where as long as weather cooperates they can have you jumping about as much as your body can handle.

There's a tunnel about 4 hours away now, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No problem. I know this guy in Tijuana. You want an A-license, no problem. You need a visa, no problem. You want a medical degree, no problem. He'll print you up whatever you need. They don't call him "Pedro the Printer" because he's cute.

On second thought, he may have problems with the high security, anti-counterfeit properties of the current USPA license document. ;)

Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

With so many people trying to get out of Mehico, why would you want to go there???

As far as I understand, Mexico is on the US State Departments list of places Americans should not visit??? Considering the insane amount of gang violence, the inability of the government to police itself, the poor quality of medical care available, and the fact that your at risk of being robbed and or kidnapped, or found dead if your familia dosent have the ransome money, and all of this never makes the us news???
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

With so many people trying to get out of Mehico, why would you want to go there???

As far as I understand, Mexico is on the US State Departments list of places Americans should not visit??? Considering the insane amount of gang violence, the inability of the government to police itself, the poor quality of medical care available, and the fact that your at risk of being robbed and or kidnapped, or found dead if your familia dosent have the ransome money, and all of this never makes the us news???

Not all of Mexico is unsafe. No one was murdered at the Cabo boogie last month, although I did murder a couple of brain cells.

The Skydive Mex guys are getting a nice DZ rolling in Puerto Vallarta, maybe give them a call.

LOL!
Yep, the most dangerous thing that happened to me at the Skydive Mex boogie in Puerto Vallarta in Feb, was the unlimited margaritas and other assorted beverages that were included in the price!

Depends on what part of Mexico. But even in the better parts, just like any other 3rd-World country (which it is), if I got hurt I wouldn't want my medical treatment there.

You do realise you just described most of your own counties bigger cities:D:D:D

Mexico is a great place to visit, the fact your Gov't disuades it people from visiting could be seen as a +ve ;)

I haven't yet jumped in MX but ill be there next year and see what I can find out:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

LOL!
Yep, the most dangerous thing that happened to me at the Skydive Mex boogie in Puerto Vallarta in Feb, was the unlimited margaritas and other assorted beverages that were included in the price!

***Depends on what part of Mexico. But even in the better parts, just like any other 3rd-World country (which it is), if I got hurt I wouldn't want my medical treatment there.

Spoken like someone who has no real understanding or experience of medical treatment outside the US.
The place that I fear needing medical treatment (even with travel insurance) is definately the US.

Have you ever had medical treatment in a 3rd world country?

Not all of Mexico is unsafe. No one was murdered at the Cabo boogie last month, although I did murder a couple of brain cells.

The Skydive Mex guys are getting a nice DZ rolling in Puerto Vallarta, maybe give them a call.

I hear Cancun is to die for. ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/six-strangled-one-decapitated-mexican-resort-cancun-010430975.html

Since it's bash ChrisD day?

I'll point out the difference between devoting your time learning skydiving and drinking margs in mehecio,...

Do you want to learn skydiving or do you want to take a trip to Mexico? Because as I wrote in this posters other posts,..."The best skydiving instruction in the world in in the USA and near a wind tunnel!"

Make up your mind between learning to skydive and takeing a trip.

This to me begs the question of priorities and your commitment to learning. It is my opinion that you should not combine the two and this question is an indication of your, anyone's attitude twords learning.

Just my childlike opinion,...
[:/]

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."