eric.fradet

looking for a Paraplane

hello,
The French Skydiving Museum in Strasburg is looking for a Paraplane, I am not familiar with this canopy but we are speaking about the one with 2 pilot chutes, circa 73-74...anyone who still has one whatever is the shape, and is ready to make a little money on it while giving a long and new life for this canopy to be shown to everyone , please contact me : [email protected]

I have one but I am not selling. I think having a static display of a parachute is a horrible idea when I can give a dynamic display of it. I think that is a much better way to display it.

The era of the parachute is from 69-71. Then a Para-Plane Cloud came after that.

I have a baby plane with less than 100 jumps on it, rings and ropes on the top skin 2 ma 1 s at the end. It belonged to D1142 and I am holding it for the museum

My understanding is the baby-plane belongs to the Para-plane family ! then it is fantastic, I am rushing to send you a PM right now, thanks...

I have a Paraplane Cloud also, one of the very few I know of in Europe at present. It has the full ropes and rings system on the top skin and is very very bulky. Its in great condition but I would make a few tweaks before putting it in the sky.

Picture of Baby Plane attached showing the long lines

Mine I put two Strong Grabbers on it. It is yellow with black end cells. There are some photos of it in one the threads when I did my first jump on it. I want to get some better photos of it. The top rings and ropes didn't work too bad on it. Unlike the rings and ropes on the top skin of the Para-Sled. That just doesn't feel good at all.

Beatnik wrote:

I think having a static display of a parachute is a horrible idea when I can give a dynamic display of it. I think that is a much better way to display it.

Only Beatnik is crazy enough to take old old old gear, rehab it (he is a rigger) and then JUMP it.

I love watching his videos. I'd NEVER jump the gear now. Been there and done that in the 60s and 70s. Very content with my Triathlon 190 and PD 193 reserve thank you very much.

I donated some old gear to Beatnik for his active collection. I think it's a great use of old gear and encourage others to do the same. Far better to see it restored and flying than to go from your garage to someone elses for a few bucks. Beatnik and his buddies do a lot of photos and videos so even if you werent there you get to see the old stuff in flight).

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.