nitrochute

the Flying Elvis's

I used to keep in touch with George Head of Las Vegas. He was one of them. Haven't talked to him in a while. He's retired from jumping. I'm looking for any links...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

One of them was killed a few years back. He did a low turn, into a parking lot, while doing a demo in Montana. He was taken to Seattle where he died a few days later....This was a truly sad story. The news papers jumped on this story. One headline said, "Elvis Breaks his Pelvis". Later the poor guy died.....

One of them was killed a few years back. He did a low turn, into a parking lot, while doing a demo in Montana. He was taken to Seattle where he died a few days later....This was a truly sad story. The news papers jumped on this story. One headline said, "Elvis Breaks his Pelvis". Later the poor guy died.....

CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=2064042n

:(

Here's their web page, with a cheesy Flash intro! :D

http://www.flyingelvi.com/

That IS NOT the Flying Elvises. That group is the Flying Elvi.

The Flying Elvises were spun off the Into The Fire demo team in Las Vegas. We were asked to do the movie because we had a great relationship with the Las Vegas Strip Hotels.
After the movie we jumped for a bit as the Flying Elvises until the owner of the Flying Elvi sued us for trademark infringement and we lost because he had paid and been approved by the Elvis estate.

There isnt anyone jumping on the Flying Elvi that was in the movie , to my knowledge.
I was.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Here's their web page, with a cheesy Flash intro! :D

http://www.flyingelvi.com/

That IS NOT the Flying Elvises. That group is the Flying Elvi.

The Flying Elvises were spun off the Into The Fire demo team in Las Vegas. We were asked to do the movie because we had a great relationship with the Las Vegas Strip Hotels.
After the movie we jumped for a bit as the Flying Elvises until the owner of the Flying Elvi sued us for trademark infringement and we lost because he had paid and been approved by the Elvis estate.

There isnt anyone jumping on the Flying Elvi that was in the movie , to my knowledge.
I was.

Oh, thanks for the correction. I had wondered why George Head wasn't listed in there, and I couldn't find anything else.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

aside from the lighted jumpsuits,how did they light you guys up in freefall?did they use a Kreig light?

They had banks on the ground of huge spotlights. You can imagine how hard it was to explain to the stagehands not to direct the lights in our faces when we were setting up to land.

bozo

how much of a distraction were the lights in freefall? and what other jumpers were in the movie?

No distraction at all in freefall. We went out relatively low in a stick of 16 jumpers. No RW

What other jumpers were in it ? Go rent it and read the credits i'm in there with all the others , besides I still get a 1/4 of a penny royalties. hahaha

bozo

What other jumpers were in it ? Go rent it and read the credits i'm in there with all the others , besides I still get a 1/4 of a penny royalties. hahaha

What's that come out to per month? About 23 cents? :D

What's that come out to per month? About 23 cents? :D
'

Considering we made that movie in 90-91 and its still being rented. I just got my W2 from Screen Actors Guild and it shows I made $11.76 cents last year from rentals. Quite a comedown from the 2k I used to get every quarter right after the films release.

bozo

Whos lights didnt work ? You can see a gap and the jumper's shape go by. Then the next guy. I heard the jumpsuits were around $10 G's . Jack Gregory lives in Michigan now and told me about some of the jumps. He also sang some of the words. I cant hear any more after pouring acid in my ears.

Whos lights didnt work ? You can see a gap and the jumper's shape go by. Then the next guy. I heard the jumpsuits were around $10 G's . Jack Gregory lives in Michigan now and told me about some of the jumps. He also sang some of the words. I cant hear any more after pouring acid in my ears.

the guy whos lites kept going out was Pat Hemenway.
They had trouble with his lites the whole filming.

How does Jack Gregory know about the jumps , he wasnt there nor did he participate. He must have gotten second hand info.

bozo

the guy whos lites kept going out was Pat Hemenway.
They had trouble with his lites the whole filming.

How does Jack Gregory know about the jumps , he wasnt there nor did he participate. He must have gotten second hand info.

Larry is mixing things up a little. I used to jump with Paul McGowan’s “E Team” in the early to mid 1990’s. Paul was licensed from Elvis Presley Enterprises. It was a completely different group and had nothing to do with the movie Honeymoon in Vegas. In fact Paul, who has been doing demos on the air show circuit for decades, only started doing Elvis jumps after people kept asking him for that type of show. It was the movie that started it all.

So to clear this up, I had nothing to do with the jumps for the movie. And I don't understand what Larry means about singing some of the words.
Jack Gregory

Larry is mixing things up a little. I used to jump with Paul McGowan’s “E Team” in the early to mid 1990’s. Paul was licensed from Elvis Presley Enterprises. It was a completely different group and had nothing to do with the movie Honeymoon in Vegas. In fact Paul, who has been doing demos on the air show circuit for decades, only started doing Elvis jumps after people kept asking him for that type of show. It was the movie that started it all.

So to clear this up, I had nothing to do with the jumps for the movie. And I don't understand what Larry means about singing some of the words.
Jack Gregory

Thanks for clearing that up Jack.
I know Paul and his E team. My buddy George and I groundcrewed a couple of his demos here in Vegas after we had quit being Elvis. Paul puts on quite a show with all the pyro , I was impressed.
Im guessing we did at least 75 or 80 demos coast to coast after the movie. I would have to look in my logbook , which I aint gonna do.
It was a ball until we got sued and that really sucked. Cost us 80 grand.

bozo

Thanks for clearing that up Jack.
I know Paul and his E team. My buddy George and I groundcrewed a couple of his demos here in Vegas after we had quit being Elvis. Paul puts on quite a show with all the pyro , I was impressed.
Im guessing we did at least 75 or 80 demos coast to coast after the movie. I would have to look in my logbook , which I aint gonna do.
It was a ball until we got sued and that really sucked. Cost us 80 grand.

Paul ran a class act. We did almost all the demos at night and the pyro was kick ass! They were some of the most fun and most challenging demos I have ever done. The spectators loved it and it was fun after the jump to walk around as Elvis and interact with the people.

Sorry to hear you got sued. I guess all good things must come to an end.

hey bozo. you should come to fitzgerald ga. in march and jump with me and say" fuck you" to billy.:P

I would love to Keith....but......four back surgeries last year...and having bigtime neurological problems with my hands, caused by the back injury, I had to hang it up. I guess you cant have fun for all your life, everything ends. :o(

bozo