howardwhite

Inn at Orange jumps

The Inn at Orange was the end-of-day watering hole at Orange, MA from the days of the '62 World Meet until the '70s. I've posted on Facebook a short video based on movies from about 1968 by my friend Vince Marchese.
The first sequence is people on unmodified flat circulars.
You don't need to be on Facebook to see it (though you would be welcome to join the Jumptown page there.)
Just go here.

HW

The Inn at Orange was the end-of-day watering hole at Orange, MA from the days of the '62 World Meet until the '70s. I've posted on Facebook a short video based on movies from about 1968 by my friend Vince Marchese.
The first sequence is people on unmodified flat circulars.
You don't need to be on Facebook to see it (though you would be welcome to join the Jumptown page there.)
Just go here.

HW

You now what would make a nice video too, would be to edit that sequence with modern day swoop accuracy landings, kind of switch back-n-forth. Landings back then and now are about the same.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

i STILL REMEMBER JUMPING INTO THE INN IN MAY 1969. WHEN BOARDING THE C-172 AT ORANGE I ASKED WHERE THE SPOT WAS. D-69, MR. POND, REPLIED-THE 3RD ROW OF WHITE CAPS OUT IN THE LAKE! GREAT SPOT AS I LANDED ONLY 20 FEET FROM THE DISK. NO BAD FOR A 7-TU. MAN THOSE TREES WERE TALL AND THE LANDING AREA SMALL.

Morning Howard--Nope, it was a C-172. Several of us had gone to Orange, from Taunton, for the weekend. Jumped Jerry Baird's PC from the Norsman into the Bowl. But it was a 172 for the Inn. Nate signed the jump in my logbook. Blue skies.

Jumped a cheapo into a huge party at the Inn, 1965. Hit the trees and missed out on the first keg, clearing my canopy from the trees. My mug was still on the shelf there when they closed years later, always wondered where it ended up. I still have the 'INN' patch, however on my Pioneer jumpsuit, circa 1965,
as well as a decal from '62 WSPC at Orange. I understand they will have a 50th Reunion of the '62 World meet in 2 years in Orange.

I understand they will have a 50th Reunion of the '62 World meet in 2 years in Orange.

I know nothing about that. Present plans call for the Pioneers of Sport Parachuting reunion to be in Orange in 2011....but even that's not certain.

HW

Everyone gonna jump rounds?????:)

I understand they will have a 50th Reunion of the '62 World meet in 2 years in Orange.

I know nothing about that. Present plans call for the Pioneers of Sport Parachuting reunion to be in Orange in 2011....but even that's not certain.

HW

That's not such a bad idea...a few round loads at least for ol' times sake! The first time I landed in that big old sand bowl I thought I was in heaven! Is it still there?

HW

That's not such a bad idea...a few round loads at least for ol' times sake! The first time I landed in that big old sand bowl I thought I was in heaven! Is it still there?

It was still there a few years ago when I jumped there during the SpeedSkydiving World Cup Event.

Heck I think they even moved to the new clubhouse for Jumptown down even closer to it a couple years ago;)

Jumptown

andrewhilton

Some more footage of jumping into the Inn at Orange here -

http://player.vimeo.com/video/75064453

The Inn is from 15 minutes in ; but the prior 15 minutes of footage of the 1962 World Meet is worth a look too

On a related note, there is a cool picture of the astronauts giving the "live long and prosper sign" in honor or Leonard Nimoy, over Massachusetts, and Im sure in a good close up of the pic you can see Orange Municipal Airport.