patworks

Today is the 48th Anniversary of my 1st jump!

Today is the 48th Anniversary of my 1st jump! Birthday boy: Just 48 yeaars agoo I made my first skydive. In Houston Texas at the Houston Sport Parachute Club from a Cessna 185 :-) :)
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Congrats Pat!

Still have my original copy of "Art of FFRW". Thank you for putting into words what we were all trying to understand.

i'll second that.....
:)
also still own AND often read...
United We Fall...B|;)
my issue is copyright 1978....

Your influence , Mister Works, and EXCELLENT grasp for explaining things.... have been the benefit of many MANY ,,, a skydiver past and present....

YOU sir,,, created in me, the entire concept of "the Brotherhood ( and sisterhood) of Skydiving,,,,something of which , we can all be a part...

My hat is OFF to you and i send congratulations to you for this milestone...

The "RWunderground",,, has been flying free now for more that 3 decades....and with great results, in terms of safety, communication, and the growth of the sport.

happy holidays
peace

jimmy

Congratulations, Pat.
I was just a few years behind you in Houston and at Texas A&M. I, too, still have my Art of FFRW, and a few copies of the old RWu newsletter. I just couldn't get enough. Those were days of great revelation and discovery. Thank you for your great teaching skills. They helped bring me into a family that is just as strong today as back then.

Kevin K.
SCR-3022

Today is the 48th Anniversary of my 1st jump! Birthday boy: Just 48 yeaars agoo I made my first skydive. In Houston Texas at the Houston Sport Parachute Club from a Cessna 185 :-) :)

Wow! Happy anniversary Pat! I can still remember the days of Hinkley and Z-Hills. Had no idea you started in Texas though... Just got back from London where I visited with Hoop after 29 years.

If you ever make it down to Deland for one of Carl's big way camps, post something out here and I'll try to come up (I'm in the West Palm Beach area).

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Way Cool Pat! Time flies when you're having fun dude, and between all of us we have had some big fun for sure...lots of great memories, mammaries and more.....
It is truly amazing how the sport has evolved through the years bringing friendship, camaraderie, a love of a kick ass sport and a network of incredible people larger than the universe.
Hope you have a great celebration, one of these days we have to organize some sort of reunion of all us golden oldies.....before we all need handicapped facilities...lol....
Hugs all around
Tuna

Congratulations Dude!! :-) :-)

I sometimes see articles and threads asking how
skydiving changed your life and I think: "Jeez, how
would I know? I was so young when I started that
I didn't have a life yet."

I probably would have ended up as a math professor
inflicting theorems on hapless students, and probably
would have shot myself half way through from sheer
frustration and meaninglessness.

So maybe I'm still alive and running around loose
because I found something worth doing.

Hope all is well with you guys.

We're up here between Seattle and Vancouver now.

Still jumping a little bit, but only when it's not too cold
or windy.

Skr

Congrats Pat!

The Art of FFRW is still on my shelf. I pull it out every couple of years and reread it.

When I bought your book in '83, my skills improved dramatically. The most important part was my thought processes about how and why I skydive.

Thanks!!

I do remember my 1st 4-stack. As I recall we had a nice and exciting wrap, Ricter landed in my arms and I tossed him away quick like. Kept his sandal 'tho.

That was my one and only wrap. Scared the shit out of me.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals