kimemerson

Fathom: The movie. 1967

I just watched a fairly (ok, very) lame movie from 1967 called Fathom. It starred Raquel Welch as a skydiver helping a jewel thief, or trying to catch the jewel thief, or was she working for the thief...Anyway, there are a lot of real jumps with rounds and it looks like it could be California for most of the skydiving bits. Credits were sparse and the only name I could find was for Ken Voss for "parachute sequences" and for Donna Garrett as a stunt double for Raquel. Anyone know any more about it?

Here, from the scrapbook collection of J. Scrimscher, is a picture of his late father honoring the movie.B|

Ken Vos was one of the jumpers involved in the mid-air canopy collision pictured in Masters of the Sky. If you do a search here for his name, you'll see more details about that incident.

HW

Hi Howard,
Ken Vos, what a trip!! Yup the "mid air!!, with Ken was Tako Bill "Willie" Manbo and they went thru Roger Rutherfords' canopy!! All three lived! Willie said in a flash he tried to turn and track and canopy and lines sliced his fore arm and wrist. Nice scars!! Those were the daze!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

...And she is only 13 days older than me. [:/]

You're really dating yourself, Jerry. Here's how she looked in One Million B.C. Did you wear a fur bikini back then, too ? ;)

Hi Kevin,

You're really dating yourself, Jerry.

And I wish that I could change it. >:(

Here's how she looked in One Million B.C. Did you wear a fur bikini back then, too ?

I can guarantee you that if I was there and she had that on, I would not be wearing anything. ;)

JerryBaumchen