base935

Who jumped a heli, landed on the CNtower, chopped the main, and flicked a reserve?

I've been looking and looking, but can't find any details. I downloaded a video years back from skydivingmovies.com, in which a jumper, perhaps in the 80's, jumped out of a helicopter, with smoke, and landed on a SpaceNeedle/CN Tower style structure, perhaps in Canada. Then, cutaway, hopped off and deployed his reserve. Landed in a park with people walking their dogs. Simply smirking. Got to find the clip, it was the most incredible video I've seen. And potentially buy that jumper a beer.

Thanks guys,
Gravity Research Institute

Before that, John Charter(not sure of spelling). Jumped from a chopper, landed on the top of the Verazzano Narrows bridge tower chopped his main and used his reserve. I had jumped the world trade center 9/13/80. And on12/7/80 climbed inside the tower of the bridge and jumped from the top, landed on Staten Island. Later at LSPC he asked all about the top of the tower so he could do his jump. Don't know when but he died on a base jump a few years later. It's someplace on Nicks Base fatality list.

Pardon an ole jump pilot for barging in. But, that was a reserve he used off the tower?

Wayne packed a Pegasus canopy with the slider-removed in the reserve tray of his Trimpig container (an old Parachutes Australia rig circa 1977).

I have posted many media articles from that day as well as from the aftermath of the jump in the BASE "articles" section of the Australian Skydiving forums: link here but you must be registered to view.

g.
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

Before that, John Charter(not sure of spelling). Jumped from a chopper, landed on the top of the Verazzano Narrows bridge tower chopped his main and used his reserve. I had jumped the world trade center 9/13/80. And on12/7/80 climbed inside the tower of the bridge and jumped from the top, landed on Staten Island. Later at LSPC he asked all about the top of the tower so he could do his jump. Don't know when but he died on a base jump a few years later.

That was John Carta, I believe. Actually, he was killed as a passenger in an airplane doing aerobatics at an airshow somewhere in cali.... His death was mentioned in Skydiving Magazine.

If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone