riggerrob

Did our Jim Hooper write 100 Feet Over Hell?

riggerrob

Only slightly more pricey than a Canadian jump ticket.
If Black Vortex is anything Hoop's previous books, this book will tickle your testicles as much as a jump ticket.

And for bargain hunters, Amazon Kindle has a special offer on A Hundred Feet Over Hell through July 11. "#1 Best-seller in military aviation history"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18/180-2919460-5406800?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=100%20feet%20over%20hell&sprefix=100+Feet+over+hell%2Cdigital-text%2C172&rh=i%3Adigital-text%2Ck%3A100%20feet%20over%20hell

Hoop

Jim_Hooper

***Only slightly more pricey than a Canadian jump ticket.
If Black Vortex is anything Hoop's previous books, this book will tickle your testicles as much as a jump ticket.

And for bargain hunters, Amazon Kindle has a special offer on A Hundred Feet Over Hell through July 11. "#1 Best-seller in military aviation history"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18/180-2919460-5406800?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=100%20feet%20over%20hell&sprefix=100+Feet+over+hell%2Cdigital-text%2C172&rh=i%3Adigital-text%2Ck%3A100%20feet%20over%20hell

Hoop
One Jump Wonder

Krip

******Only slightly more pricey than a Canadian jump ticket.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18/180-2919460-5406800?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-
keywords=100%20feet%20over%20hell&sprefix=100+Feet+over+hell%2Cdigital-text%2C172&rh=i%3Adigital-text%2Ck%3A100%20feet%20over%20hell

I wanted ro express my appreciation to Mr Hooper for turning us on to the bargain E book 100 Ft over hell. A excellent nail biter aviation thriller. :)
Who says the greatest generation was in WW 2. Hoops brother and his mates
flying their FAC missions get my respect big time for a job well done under
Challenging circumstances.

Hoop
One Jump Wonder

the book was a great read. I spoke with my Uncle last week. He is retired USMC. He led a recon team in Vietnam. He says the "Bird dogs" saved his ass several times.

truly heroes
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Spooky52

Next time you talk to your uncle, ask him if his group was ever saved by Puff, the Magic Dragon, aka "Spooky". If he says "yes" tell him I said, "You're welcome". :-)

will do spooky. He talked highly of the Bird dogs. I am curious to see if he was involved in any of the ops Jim recounts in his book.

Spooky52

Next time you talk to your uncle, ask him if his group was ever saved by Puff, the Magic Dragon, aka "Spooky". If he says "yes" tell him I said, "You're welcome". :-)

My Uncle says the bird dogs were a recon teams first line of defense when they got into trouble. He told me Spooky sounds familiar and wanted to know if you ever worked west of Danang and Chu Lai?
He says times have sure changed he is wearing a USMC ball cap made in Vietnam ;)

No, I mostly worked in III Corps in the area of Bien Hoa and Saigon and whatever little crap villages were out there. Spooky was the tactical call sign for our aircraft. We were a C-47 with GUNS. :-) I know the feeling about times changing. A few years back my girlfriend bought a new dining set and it was made in Vietnam. I told her it was funny, 40 years ago I was over there trying to kill the little bastards, now we're buying furniture from them.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!