ParaShoot

Vintage Weekend Teuge The Netherlands October 3 & 4.

Following the great success of the previous years we again organize a Vintage weekend at Dutch National Skydiving Center Teuge (The Netherlands) the weekend of October 3 and 4.

This weekend we’ll jump round and triangular canopies ranging from the historical military rounds to the latest sport rounds; Paracommander (all versions), Papillon, Olympic, Russian UT-15, Sierra, Starlite, Thunderbow, Paradactyl, Delta Wing II, etc., etc.,... Most canopies are already assembled and packed into modern sport rigs with 3-ring release and square reserve, ready to jump. Some are still in their original configuration with chest reserves.

Parallel to the regular jumping we’ll try to break our round and triangular CF (crw) record, a 4-way stack, by building a 6-way stack and we’ll also try to build a 4-way diamond.

DZ Teuge is about 1¼ hour by train from Amsterdam airport.

If you’re interested send me an e-mail at [email protected]

We’re getting closer to the event. In the meantime we’ve many registered jumpers & visitors and the list is growing rapidly. Most will join the CF jumps as well.

1 Henny Wiggers NLD
2 Edu Mertz NLD
3 Alexey Gerasimenko RUS
4 Michael Shevchuk RUS
5 Gerben Frankvoort NLD
6 Ronald Overdijk NLD
7 Andrew Hilton UK
8 Jasper Nales NLD
9 Nol Camfferman NLD
10 John Verduin NLD
11 Rob Jongkees NLD
12 Jasper Nales NLD
13 Basten Oudmaijer NLD
14 Günther Kiefer GER
15 Eric Schimmel NLD
16 Johan Wiltink NLD
17 Peter Derksen NLD
18 Ben Janssen NLD
19 Ludwig Schmude GER

Because of the CF record attempts I’ve packed most canopies into regular accuracy rigs with 3-ring release system. Our goal is a 4-way diamond and a stack bigger than 4.

The attached pictures show most canopies we’ve so far. There will be several more (like DeltaWing II) but we don’t have pictures yet. I’m still looking for canopies that are not on the list like 28’ Jumbo, RW PC, Double keel Paradactyl, Piglet, CrossBow, Parasled, PTCH, RL-8, etc.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate like last year. It’ll be great fun.

Hi Nicholas, No this event has been re-scheduled to beginning next season due to several reasons. One is my broken upper arm.

It was a good decision because the weather was far from ok for jumping rounds that weekend.

Grtzz,

Henny

** Know what you say but don't say all you know. **

For what it's worth: I remember a skyfull of PCs and other round canopies looked cooler and more colorful then a skyfull of squares ever will. A DC-3 load putting 40 in the air at once was brilliant. With the great names of Invader, Challenger, Gazelle, Churchwindow (both Black and California), Red Baron, Blue Max, 007, etc, even the color patterns had cool names. Now, "stock color" or "demo color" just doesn't make it even if there are 100+ in the sky.
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

Hi Henny

Please keep us updated with the date for the next vintage event in Teuge, being from Bavaria I could plan to attend if I know it early enough.

thanks
Uwe
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci