Beatnik

Need help/info on these containers

I have been searching everywhere and asking almost everyone for any information or a picture of these containers. A friend gave them to me a year ago, they were the container portion of the pararescue systems he used in the the 50's. Unfortunately, I can't really make out much of them. I know they were a static line system but I can't really figure out how they were attached to the harness. The backpads (which have a piece of plywood in them) only have a small slot which I am assuming was for the belly band.

Any information or help anyone can provide is appreciated.

Hi Jim,
What you have there is probably a S/L pack for some kinda' airdrop package or bundle. When I worked for Scurvyirvin we went thru 3 moves, from Gardena CA to SantaAnaCA to RedSprings(Temp) and Hope Mills NC!! You shoulda been there when we dumped al the old test gear in the dumpster by the Container full!! Took a bunch of old test canopies to Elsinore and gave them to Slammer and they made party tents of em!! Threw away lots of old D-bags and stuff like you have. Too much fun!! Ask Howard White, maybe he knows!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I would have loved to be there. I have heard of a couple of places tossing everything they have in a dumpster and some not that long ago. I hate hearing about things like that.

These containers were originally used on the pararescue support staff now known as SAR Techs. Originally these things had a unmodified twill canopy in them.

Howard was included in some of the early investigation of these containers when I was talking with Dan Poynter and Irvin for information. At this point I would settle for a picture. I have run into one other person that remembers them, he just started jumping in the 50's then and some people where using them for their rigs. The big things I know, it is the small things that most people over look that I need.