skypuppy

round crw

I believe Skydive Jack was featured on the cover of Skydiving Magazine way back when in a triplane formation built using T-10's.

Anyone got a scan of that pic? I'm guessing somewhere in the 1980-1983 period.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

We did that cheapo tri-plane on 6/15/80 at the old SOD Farm, east of Tampa.

We used student rigs, 28' 7TU cheapos with full gutter gear. The three of us in the triplane were Ferd Boger (RIP), me and Mike Lewis. Al Ramsey took the air to air photo. We even did a 4 stack with two 28's on top and two Strato Stars below. Shortly after this photo a few of us bought some 28's and modified them. We gutted the lines that ran through the canopy, installed three ring risers, diapers and hand deploy pilot chutes. They would fit in our existing Strato Star/Cloud sized rigs. Much safer. Those were crazy days!

I would love to get a scan if anybody has one.

Do you know when it was published? I should have the magazine. Doesn't mean I can find it.:S

I don't remember exactly what month the photo was published Terry. But it was on the front page of Skydiving. I'm pretty sure it was within 6 months of us doing it in June 1980. Hope you can find it and scan it! Thanks for looking!!

In case you’re planning on trying this, I can tell you from experience, it is relatively easy. Once a round is open, it’s fairly stable and messing it up would be tough. The hard part is getting two rounds at the same altitude within close proximity. However, I can also tell you if you break off low, there's this thing called "oscillation"...............
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."