howardwhite

Who's this?

...well-known skydiver....

HW

A fool by any other name... I hope whoever it was got paid a lot of money.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I know no one will believe this, but I thought of Bob Sinclair yesterday when I saw this.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I ran across my log book the other day and noticed you had put me out on my 4th 5th and 8th jumps. That was a while ago hey?

A lot of breeze through the windsock since then. Around the same time as you signed off my PADI qualification.

I didn't think Mr White was was going to miss something as easy as a PT-22, so I just had to get in there ahead of him.

Hoop

"...shown here doing a plane-to-plane transfer (while wearing a concealed parachute) for a TV commercial."

What the heck would they have been selling with that kind of commercial?
"Real men need a real deodorant to keep them cool and relaxed while under intense pressure... Buy Right Guard!"

How is Bob doing? Is he still able to jump?....

i had the pleasure, to meet Bob Sinclair in jan. of 08...

He was jumping,,,had a 240+ square foot, ram air, with a frankenstein logo on it.

saw him again this past jan...and i'm sure i saw a couple of his landings..
seems to me that his rig is a piggyback, but with a cable and pins, old style main ripcord,,and
spring loaded pilot chute(s) for his main...IIRC..
:|
:)jmy

I jumped with him on the same load several years back at Lost Prairie.

We made some jumps at Coolage (again several years bac. We had the honor of meeting Bob Sinclair at our bon-fire. He took us on a tour of his bus.

I read one story where he jumped off the wings of a biplane. The bi-plane looped around and cut the lines of his chute by accident. So he was forced to use his reserve.

Another story was of how he jumped into the Rose Bowl game without permission.

Then there was the story of when he had a malfunction in Alaska. He cut away and noone saw his reserve open. He was that low. He openned just over the river outside of Palmer, and landed in the water.

Recently I heard his sister died and his own health wasn't too good. I hope he is still kicking.

Bob Sinclair is one of my heroes in life!.....

My Dad and I were just talking how we have not gotten a letter from Bob in a while. He is a long time family friend. He put me out on my first jump in 1985. Last I heard he was up in Pennsylvania with his sister. If anyone has seen him lately please post up.

Blue skies,

Timber