dqpacker

Baldwin's Beaver

Oh, and where did the canvas/velcro door go. I hope they didn't loose it, that bird gets cold in Wisconsin after November...

you had velcro how progressive. the one at bardstown ky. had a zipper. DOOR! ziiiippp..;););)
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

The Army operated Beavers and Otters (single engine radial engine variety) at least into the 1970s. Got a chance to jump an Army Otter at a meet at West Point around 1974.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

Help me undertand the tail number change, please.
Change of ownership, design,...?

If you look carefully at the original pic, that plane had another number which is faintly visible on the vertical stabilizer. If anyone knows how to get a hold of Hayden or Millsy, they had a pretty good history of this bird as I remember
I think the “US Air Force” paint may have been put there for Air shows. Remember, these were the guys know as the “Freedom Fliers” who use to do, among other things, the Oshkosh Air show. The Freedom Fliers were originally put together by Randy Iverson and Jim Hankock. Hayden made several jumps with us before he bought the drop zone from Iverson.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Will they use a floatplane for skydiving?

We jumped from this beaver a few times up at Blind River days on the north shore of Lake Huron. It later crashed on a fly-in fishing trip.

pictured are my wife Brenda, on about her 50th jump, Jim 'Farmer' Smith and Claude 'Froggy' Lalonde. Claude did some jumping scenes for the movie 'If you could see what I hear' with Natalie Cole.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Will they use a floatplane for skydiving?

Back in '65 or '66 ( or maybe even '67 or '68 with my memory the way it is :S ) the cover of PARACHUTIST had a group of the Seattle Skydivers coming off of floats.

I just happened to be there that day and watched Jack Ady ( '64 Nat'l Champ ) have a very bad, long snively opening on his PC. :P

JerryBaumchen