T10PCM1

Ever Static Line A Para-Commander?

I made two static line jumps with a MK I Para-Commander at the Tar Heel Sport Parachute Center,
Trinity, NC. July 4, 1971 and July 11, 1971.

The late William H. "Bill" Womble II who was killed on a tandum jump in 1986 in CT was my JM. R. H. Capps was the other JM.

These were my 7th & 8th jumps. The 6th jump with a
T-10 had been a tree landing way past the target.

The first jump on the PC I almost touched the disc in
the sawdust pile!

Guess we done things a bit different back then.

We use to static line an old guy (70+) back in the late 1970's with a Mk.1 P.C.

I bet he made a couple hundred S/L--PC jumps over the years....:)
He had some arthritis concerns and didn't trust himself to pull but still wanted 'The Ride'! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I dropped hundreds of students on static lined PCs while working as a JM at Toogoolawha Queensland in the 80s.
Had to jump one as a pretend student during the Jump masters course as well.
After hundreds of jumps on squares I had forgotten how long those lines were;)

Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

My fourth jump. I had already bought it for $200.00. I put a hundred more after that. My first "stable" freefall on it was from about 8k. I backed up a couple of miles to the peas. No chit. (my log is online... look it up)
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

As Para-Hawks from 1972 at Salem Mi then on to Marine City until 1979 or 1980 all students trained on them. It really pissed off Harold Lange at Tecumseh because all he had was stolen Army T-10s. Most of his jumpmasters didnt have them.We started attaching to the sleeves with the velcro PC assist. Later we went to D-Bags. We got everyones old 1964,s with the blue nose and red and white. It was easy to see which way they were facing even if they didnt.

Made my first jump on a mark 1 I had bought In 77. My instructor was a close friend that lived just across the street. He trained me for 2 weeks I even packed for the jump. Man did it ever hit the fan when the DZ owner who was also the pilot look out the door after my friend jumpmastered me then followed me out, and saw 2 PC's.

really pissed off Harold Lange at Tecumseh because all he had was stolen Army T-10s.

On man, there is a name I haven't heard for years. My jumping started in Southern MI and Northern IN. We knew lots of stories about old Harold, even though we never met him.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I still do it about 10 times a year with the WWII Airborne Demonstration team. I’ll put out a stick of jumpers in the C-47 jumping -1B’s or -1C’s, clear the tail and then follow them out. I either have the PC in the sleeve S folded in a military container set up with a SL pilot chute assist or in the original container with the SL installed using 3 strands of the inner cords from 550 tied off at each cone and the SL pilot chute assist . This way I get to jump a PC and not a -1. It helps make the DZ sometimes since I’m tail end Charlie getting out of the bird. It’s also fun to fly buy all the guys in military canopies in my “high performance” parachute! HAHA!

ATW,
Cael

or in the original container with the SL installed using 3 strands of the inner cords from 550 tied off at each cone and the SL pilot chute assist .

I remember packing student static line rigs, back in the early 70's this way. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT??? we used one of the inner strands (of 550 cord) per cone. The end of the static line was tied to the pilot chute with another strand. Never had a problem.

I also jumped with the National Guard in the early 70's. Things were pretty loose to say the least back then. Sometimes I'd wear my frenchies and do a standup under a T-10 (instead of a PLF). Of course, this was a big "no, no". Nothing big ever came of it though. Most ranking sargents and officers had a ton of respect for anyone who was also a skydiver. I'd never try a stunt like that in the regular army though.....

This way I get to jump a PC and not a -1. It helps make the DZ sometimes since I’m tail end Charlie getting out of the bird. It’s also fun to fly buy all the guys in military canopies in my “high performance” parachute! HAHA!

Don't be surprised if the next time you jump with them; you've got a T-10 ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Bigun,
I heard it through the grapevine from some guys I’ll call Captain Morgan and Yardbird that your are conspiring to make my T-10 jump a reality. I’ll have you know that I already have more T-10 jumps than I ever wanted.:P Nice try though. As a consolation prize I’ll relate this story and photo.
I have accidently jumped a -1Bravo that was marked as t a-1Charlie. I’m sure glad it was winter time with cold dense air and not July in Oklahoma when I did that. Attached is a pic of one of my boot prints from the landing. Remember that stinging sensation in your feet from a landing like that? I’ll bet you do!

ATW,
Cael

I started on static=lined Sierras, but when I moved to Coldwater we were using pc and similar type of parachutes. Normally there, if I jumped a round I would use a freefall rig, but a couple of years ago I borrowed one of the rigs and put it together just to check it out again. The s/l was attached to the pilot chute with velcro (pilot chute assist). I've put a bit of weight on in the intervening years, and rolled the landing out, but it wasn't too bad.

This is a Niagara Parachutes Cobra in a pioneer sport pack with a 23' tri-con in a front=mounted reserve borrowed from Bill chuteless Cole.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

My first rig was a niagara parachutes set I bought from my father after me broke both his ankles going down wind into the pit at Port Severn.
The next year we moved to Coldwater, I think it was 75.
When I bought my next set a gear from Eddie at Niagara I sold my 3pin container and the Cobra main in it to Frank Arko to use as student gear.
You probably jumped it!!
White front, red sides and multi coloured back.
I don't have any pictures of it. My brother managed to lose all my photos of Coldwater. I had quite a good collection up to 1980 when I took off for Aussie.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI