CFPasi

Larry Arcadi - jumpers from 70's

Larry was my role model when I first started jumping, even though he was younger. Haven't seen him in years but he's the reason I still own a Racer.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

larry arcadi??? that greasy lil wap.... me n arcadi hunt or fish together almost every weekend. he still got the same happy lil wap ass smile. we talk bout perry stevens dz all da tyme. put up with his dum ass for 30 yrs now.... ya gotta luv him...hasnt changed a bit

Perry is still going strong and on Facebook. He'll be at the Old Friends Reunion this fall, which is also on Facebook.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Thanks, John. I sent Perry and Larry Facebook messages. I also sent, in a round-about way, one to Corinne Manverse (Chapman). Where and when is the Old Friends Reunion? I hadn't heard of that.

Jim
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

2012 Old Friends Reunion (Facebook Page)
Sept 28-30, most showing up on Saturday the 29th
Martha Hamel is in charge of registration.

madjohn

Went to the Old Friends Reunion and saw a bunch of really great people. Of course, Arcadi was a late/no show. I had to leave at 5:30 on Saturday to get back home (415 mile one way drive) so if he showed later I missed him. Did see Perry, however. He looks pretty good. Naturally he has CRS (Can't Remember Stuff) like we all do. Saw Corrine Manverse (now Chapman) and she still looks good. I had been thinking about Merle McCoy, as he was the one who shot the roll of me in freefall (I shot a roll of him as trade) and who was the first one I saw? Good ole Merle. I want to thank John for turning me on to the event. After 33 years it was good to re-connect with some of them and to meet others. I even saw George Morar's daughter, Lori. Last time I saw her she was about 12 and had a nice little business at Yolo taking pics of students and selling them. Thanks again, John. You made my year.

Sorry, Jim

Larry showed up right after you left I guess.

A great time, almost made Cardinal Puff, and got some old T-shirts from Merle that I had lost/wore out years ago.

madjohn

RATS! Well I had to leave when I did. As it was I got home right at midnight and had to get up the next morning, eat breakfast, wash the car and drive to Las Vegas. Maybe I'll get to see you guys again in two years. I think I got to meet you while I was there, but I met so many people it's hard to keep track, especially at my advanced age. :-) Thanks, John.