ZigZagMarquis

Apple Valley Skydive

Anybody out there still remember Apple Valley Skydive, CA?

I found this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-_VWmZM7k ... video on one of my old VHS tapes of an 18-Way we did there on the opening day 01 Sept 1996. The DC-3 was Jan's. Somehow Rose sweet talked him into bringing it out for the opening day when what ever other airplane it was they were supposed to have show up fell through. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0NJR5TUi4

Here's another one from the ol' days at AVS.

As promissed, mjosparky is in this one... ummm... the guy in Orange, for those of you who don't know Sparky.

Also, Joe Crotwell was on this jump too, the guy in white that really gets the formation spinning at the bottom. Blue Skies Joe.

I lived in Hesperia throughout high school and looked up skydiving in the phonebook... first place I called to schedule a jump was Apple Valley but it had been closed down for years! [:/]

Wish it was still open... would've been convenient as hell.

Ended up doing first jump in Mt. Pleasant MI (long story)

Hope to return to California soon and find a job working at a dropzone out there.

**Now accepting donations to open a dropzone in the high desert. B|

All,
I've been spending time while off for Christmas / New Year's scanning in A LOT of old Cal City East / West and Apple Valley Skydive photos. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with them all. I'd like to post them somewhere or do a web-site or blog to share them so folks can see them and maybe reconnect, but in the mean time, here's a few from Apple Valley Skydive... Enjoy

Being on Facebook myself now I find myself scrolling my mouse over your photos so the names pop up, LOL!

If you open a Facebook account you could post them all full size is an easy to navigate album. And there's a gazillion skydivers on Facebook you'll connect with. And you don't have to make your personal info public if you don't want to.

Take a look at my photo albums and see if it might work for you . . .

http://www.facebook.com/#!/NickDG1?sk=photos

NickD :)

I'm thinking about Facebook, but am not sure yet. I've heard too many horror stories about folks getting their personal information stolen on Facebook... of course, the way to not have that happen is to not post it in the first place. ;)

Also, I've got a lot of photos of folks around the DZ... nothing Rated R, some PG13, at worst... but I'm still afraid some folks will get bent if I post them, so I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

Anyway, its back to work for me on Monday, so I'll probably just get too busy at work and forget about it until next year's holiday vacation. [:/]

Judy and I brought a couple of -relatively newbie- jumpers from Brown Field out to APV about that time and their experience was profound. A dozen years later, they still talk about the exceptance, joy, fun, and good laughs that Apple Valley offered up....unconditionally.

Too many to mention; but Joe, Rose, Mike, Rich, Tim, Paco, Jim, and Pat come to mind. Blue skies to all....you did good work.

rm