indyz

What kind of rig is this?

Check out the picture. I can't find any reference to this construction technique in Poynter's, and nobody I've showed the picture to has seen anything like it. There was heat-shrink over the hand tacking that I cut off.

What remains of the warning label is illegible. It was made in the late 70s or early 80s and has a two-pin reserve container that only takes rounds (only two risers). The reserve in the rig was a Navy 26' conical, the main was a Nimbus. Looking through Poynter's it seems most similar to an E-Z Flyer, but I can't be sure. Any ideas?

Please post some pictures of the rig itself, sorta hard to guess from that alone.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

That was a common construction before we discovered we could crimp battery terminals to the cable housings. I'd put it at mid 70's; by late 70's everyone had gone to the battery terminals most are still using today.

Mark

To echo Mark's comment, I've also seen construction on the release housing like that in older TSO'd rigs when I used to spend a lot of time hanging out in the loft.

Before reading Mark's post, which brought back the memory, I thought the sewing looked too sturdy to be a fly by night job.

Post a shot of the whole rig if you can.

Hi jimmy,

that sure looks NON TSO-ed

Your 3-ring system has no FAA certification. :S

JerryBaumchen

while the stitching on the housing actually looks preety GOOD, i was mostly just kiddin'..;)

as for the 3 rings...:|[:/]

I give greater credibility to Bill Booth, :| than i do the the FAA...:S and so, if bill says "they will work"...
that's good enough for Me...;):)

jt