lucky508

using two pilot chutes?

If you mean where did I find it, I don't know. Sometimes I store info in pictures after I scan them, but in this case I didn't. I would guess it's from an old Sky Diver. If you mean where was it taken, again I don't know, but looking at the background in my original scan, I'd guess southern California, probably Elsinore.

HW

A-3... definitely wimpy

When I was too cheap to invest in a real hand-deployed pilot chute, I experimented with old spring pilot chutes with the spring taken out. The A-3 was, in fact, wimpy, and after a couple of hesitations followed by a pilot chute in tow, I gave up on recycling them.

So next I tried making a square one :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hi,
When I was a kid I spent all my weekends on a DZ , back then (1970s) one of the guys who used 2 pilot chutes had a nasty malfunction.One of the pilot chute bridles caught around his neck! The force of the 2 pilot chutes pulling against each other meant he could not free himself from what became a horse-shoe mal. He pulled his reserve and it went up into the mess.He lived but broke a lot of bones and spent many months in the hospital.he came back jumping after a few years and continued for many more .After this incident twin pilot chutes were banned in Ireland and most jumpers got a "hotdog" or equivalent.

I always used dual MA-1's with my PC and never had a problem in 1200 PC jumps.. Always a positive opening. I started used the dual setup after not enjoying a couple of pilot chute hesitations.

Did use my reserve twice, once due to my bad pack job, once due to the top pin bending as I scrapped the top of the C-180 door on exit.

Bill

scroad, curious,, how many cutaways on 2000 pc jumps ? :)

Had 2 that I blame on the PC and 2 more that I blame on me ( one I thru together, the other was a capewell that came off on DC3 exit).
I looked after posting this reply and felt there may be a misunderstanding. When I used the term "PC" I meant Para-Commander not Pilot Chute.
D-2626, SCR1999, SCS641, NSCR2350, GW6909

Blue Skies!!!!!!

scroad, curious,, how many cutaways on 2000 pc jumps ? :)

Had 2 that I blame on the PC and 2 more that I blame on me ( one I thru together, the other was a capewell that came off on DC3 exit).
I looked after posting this reply and felt there may be a misunderstanding. When I used the term "PC" I meant Para-Commander not Pilot Chute.

While you're clearing things up, how is that you have 1900 jumps (profile) and 2000 PC jumps?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I didn't log jumps for about 5 years (1972-1977) and so I used my 1900 logged jump as my official number but in reality I have somewhere between 2500-3000.

I suspected something along those lines :)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519