SEREJumper

1967 Para-Commander

those PC pictures are great, thanks for the memories...... great colors !! there was one pattern that we called the pizza pattern, in Oklahoma, early 70's. i have to say, PC's were decently reliable, never killed you upon opening, you could hook turn the hell out of them and stand up in 20 mph winds in Oklahoma..... some pretty good times back then. Dave

dont laugh too hard at me,, I havent jumped since the 70's. Strato Star and pop top navy conical, that was great gear, safe !! I came up with my dream rig for now a days,, strato star type container with a PD Pulse 253 main, capewells, steel ripcord, pop top reserve with diapered lopo reserve, and add on there a good AAD......... to me that would be good safe gear !! no joke !!!

Okay, y'all....a question for you PC experts. I currently own an all-black MK I PC dated 1970...no colors at all - solid black. Does this pattern have a name? I'd post a picture if I knew how - I can never get the size down small enough.

Never did get an answer to this solid all-black MK I PC. Anyone know the pattern name?

Okay, y'all....a question for you PC experts. I currently own an all-black MK I PC dated 1970...no colors at all - solid black. Does this pattern have a name? I'd post a picture if I knew how - I can never get the size down small enough.

Never did get an answer to this solid all-black MK I PC. Anyone know the pattern name?

The Reaper! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Except for the yellow jumpsuit, that could be mine. I bought a black and gold PC while I was in Vietnam. Couldn't wait to get home to try it out. It was waiting for me when I got here. Loved that canopy. I believe I sold it to Lorenzo Lizarraga in El Centro when I got out of the Air Force and headed back to Virginia (needed money more than a parachute).
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

I inspected a PC that I bought a while back and found some interesting stuff. I was told by the seller that it was modified to a Comp PC. It has been modified and re labled as a MK3. USPS, United States Parachute Service, Floyd B Washburn Master Rigger, seal BF2 did the work.
Lines are 21' so it has not been short lined. There are LARGE cutouts in Gore 24 were the data panel was and on gore 3 and 21. I will post a pic when I have a chance to kite it. It has a lot of burn holes from sloppy packing but is otherwise in very good shape.
so what exactly is a MK3?

*** i'm also looking for a sleeve for a Papillion. It needs to get back in the air. appreciate help on finding one.

Thanks,
Cael

Hi lucky,

so what exactly is a MK3?

In a few words, there was no Mk 3. A lot of people called the Comp PC a Mk 3.

There was a Mk I, a Mk II ( poor performance and short lived canopy ) and the Comp PC. After that came a number of versions such as the RW PC, the Russian PC, etc.

Jerry Baumchen