SansSuit

Skydive Madison (Wis.) ca. 1997

Howdy-

I made a couple jumps at Skydive Madison in Edgerton, Wisconsin back in 1997. I still have the T-Shirt. The dropzone was only around for a season or two. I would LOVE to have a picture of that particular C207 that was there. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I was relatively new back then so I didn't pay attention to details like who was the DZO or who owned the aircraft, etc.

Thanks!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Was it a rough looking old 207 with orange and white paint, and bearing N number N92807?

I do not know the answer to that. I barely remember the place. I remember it having to be jump started with jumper cables though.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

LOL Hmmmm, that part sounds familiar!

The reason I ask is the Colorado DZ where I was flying in the mid to late 90's, sold a 207 in spring of 1997 to a guy starting a new DZ in Wis.

Although it was technically airworthy, it was a real dog.

I happened to be flying cross country in the same DZ's 206 late August 2000, and stopped in Fort Smith Arkansas for fuel and food.

As soon as I park, I look across the ramp, and there it is!

The pilot and mechanic are walking away from it with their heads held low.

I walk up to them and the pilot (and new owner) says "You look like you know something"
I said "I know I have a few hundred hours in that piece of shit!" LOL

The expression on his face told me that wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear.

When I returned from the Waffle House, they had just finished charging the battery and replaced the alternator.

I sat across the ramp as the new owner tried in vain to get the finicky beast to start.

After nearly draining the battery again, he jumped out in disgust and started back for the A&P shop.

I walked toward him, and was within about 35 feet when he looked at me, extended his index finger boldly and said..."Don't you say a fuckin' word!"

I did manage a little snicker before saying "I can start it...want me to?"

He never even slowed down, just made a 180 and hooked his arm in mine.

He said as we walked..."If you get it started, just jump out and I'll get it from there."

I could tell he was WAAYYYY stressed by now, so I kept it light.

He sat in the student position as I powered up the fuel pump and let it run until fuel pissed out on the ground.

I pulled the mixture to cut off, pushed the throttle wide open and hit the starter. It went through about 6 blades, hit on a few cylinders, and as I enriched the mixture, began to run smoothly.

I looked down at him, expecting to see a smile, and instead he looks at me like I'm The Devil or something. LOL

So I jumped out of the seat, he lets the bird roll a few feet before taking the seat and taxiing off with a wave.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"