jonstark

more old pix

are his lines connected to the hips??? or is he sitting on his risers or something?

He is sitting on his slider. :P
Yep one of our local jumpers does that periodically with his Accuracy canopy. B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

How does one climb up in order to sit on their slider?

Grab risers and "skin the cat" (flip upside down bringing your feet under the slider), hook your legs over the slider from behind, reach up and grab all the lines possible just above the slider and pull yourself up. Should only be tried by the gymnastically insane, and be aware of possible mishaps like accidental cutaway...

I used to do an inverted Iron Cross under my PC flipping my legs up into the suspension lines and hooking my boots before letting go with my arms and spreading them wide. Steve Snyder told me he took a picture of me doing it at Indiantown once but I never saw the photo.

Once during a demo at Lakeland, FL, I got the boot-mounted smoke bracket caught in the lines and barely managed to untangle it before landing.

Could have proven embarrassing and painful....
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Andy had some pretty exciting times in Afghanistan in the early 80s with his cameraman brother Ken, back in the days when the mujahedin were the 'good guys.' Ten years later, Ken and I were teamed up for a few weeks covering the war. But you wouldn't get me jumping off a building. No, not this boy.

Hoop

Andy had some pretty exciting times in Afghanistan in the early 80s with his cameraman brother Ken, back in the days when the mujahedin were the 'good guys.' Ten years later, Ken and I were teamed up for a few weeks covering the war. But you wouldn't get me jumping off a building. No, not this boy.

Hoop

I thought Andy's brother's name was Pete. Maybe that was another brother. They both told some hairy stories of training the Afghans. One of their biggest problems was getting them not to pop their heads up after shooting RPGs at the Russians. Wrong thing to do when you have just kicked up a cloud of dust. I met him and may have made a jump with him. As I recall he was one of the Queen's Marines or at the very least Special Forces. It was said he could rip your head off and he was no bigger than Andy. Good to have around at the Blue Diamond.

jon

Jon - I recognize Boehm and Pink Floyd - which be you?

Hoop

I have my hand on the light pole and Andy Guest is in the bright blue shirt with his pants up real high. Farthest right was the getaway driver and Nigel Slee was behind the camera.

Woh thoughs pants are pulled up high! Im Andy Guest's youngest son by the way, ive just started jumping and its really funny to see all these old pictures of my dad *goes off to laugh at his dad*

Woh thoughs pants are pulled up high! Im Andy Guest's youngest son by the way, ive just started jumping and its really funny to see all these old pictures of my dad *goes off to laugh at his dad*

Be kind there youngun... Your dad spanked a couple of young and fit hardmen all the way up those stairs. We may have dressed funny but he was made of spring steel and gumption. Probably not far from the same today either!!! When will you see him next?

jon