FreefallSnoopy

Jumping with sprained ankle

Reminds me of the old joke about the guy who wakes up after surgery, to see the surgeon sitting beside him.

"Ah, glad you've woken up.....I've got good news and bad news, what do you want first?!

"I'll take the bad news first, doc, what is it"?,

"Well, unfortunately we made a mistake in theatre, and amputated your good leg, sorry about that"....

"So, whats the good news then Doc?".

"Oh, your other leg is going to get better"......
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Agree. Let it get better 1st... if you can. If you can't wait [team, competition, dumb] Jump.. .. Wrap it; wear a good ankle brace; wear lace-up boots; land soft ;-) -- feet together.
Sprains were normal in early '60's accuracy. ... down wind landings, hook turns, night accuracy = Ouch!
THINK... a bad sprain takes 12+ months to "heal"
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Ha, so I've got to update my previous post-- ssssooooo..... again, there is always another day to skydive. I'm perfect proof. 3 weeks ago I sprained my knee pretty bad. I've had to pull off 2 freefly camps and miss a snowboarding trip since then. My knee still wasn't quite right. Finally got the MRI on Thurs, and I've got a complete tear of my LCL.

Glad I waited and didn't go right back jumping and stuff. Trust me, it's better to take your time and be better safe than sorry after you mess yourself up :)

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

So I was gonna jump today, but decided against it because I have a mildly sprained ankle from Wednesday (and because its not quite warm enough).

Anyone have any experience jumping with a similar injury? I would assume that a PLF would be about the only safe way to do it, favoring the non-injured leg...

i have been jumping with a type 3 sprain for a week. its healing and landings are a little sketchy, but i slide in putting most of the pressure on my good foot and its fine. i even landed out in a plowed field and didn't injure it. i AM wearing a brace though. if your will power is anything like mine.... you will jump. anti inflammatory and a brace will do the trick