Jumperintheair

PI DC-3 Question

A few years ago there was a full page ad in parachutist, for Mirage containers I think. Any how it had a pic of someone holding a rig on the horizontal stabilizer of a DC-3. On the tail you could clearly see the faded PI (parachutes Incorporated) logo on the tail. Looked like that airplane had been sitting for a long time. Anyone know the details on the ship...current location, condition, etc.
Just curious

Howard's ability to consistently produce photos of the most obscure skydiving events, people and especially aircraft is simply amazing.

Here's one I'll bet you won't find: Perry Steven's Aeronca Sedan, used at Livermore CA Cal Club DZ in the 60s. It was my first jump airplane. It was called The Rat. I have seen real rats that looked more airworthy.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Was there supposed to be a picture attached?

(The wonder of my collection is not so much that I have pictures, but that I can occasionally even find them. In this case, the picture was on an external hard drive at home and I was in a motel in northern New Hampshire. Networks are fun.B|)

Absolutely beautiful day of jumping today out of Skydive New England's TwOtter in the shadow of Mount Washington.

HW

I once saw this plane begin a takeoff at Orange, then abort rapidly.
The pilot, a retired Eastern Airlines pilot with something like 39,000 hours, had forgotten to remove the rudder lock.

I don't remember it being used for static lines in Orange; I certainly never put any out of it.

HW

625 was often known as "Dirt Dive Doris." We used it for jam ups a lot. I think I was in it once when we didn't have to get out low due to a blown engine.

915 was sitting there for many years, sans engines, after the 1980 flood. Maybe that's the faded one.

Blue Skies!

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."