Jim_Hooper

Hooper vs bad taste

I know Jim Hooper.

I jumped with Jim Hooper.

Jim Hooper is a friend of mine.

I was a guest at his first wedding.
After their divorce I hit on his ex, (never scored).

Jim Hooper is a 5 time published (non fiction) author.

Your no Jim Hooper.>:(

I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

We must get this thread back on subject and start bashing the DB Cooper nonsense posters. So many experts, so little knowledge or experience.

The radio program Car Talk made an interesting supposition the other day. If 2 people discuss a subject about which BOTH know VERY LITTLE, is it possible for their total knowledge to be less than either of them? I think that other thread about He Who Must Not Be Named is proof that it is.

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

And another thing.

Jim Hooper's first wife was Jan Cooper---yes her name was COOPER.

Don't know if the FBI ever interrogated her about a rainy night the day before thanksgiving 1971.

You guys haven't changed a bit...

Hoop going off on a tirade.
Mr. Clark finding ways to get himself in trouble.
The RW vs S&A guys.
...DB Cooper aside, how could this place get any better?
:D:D:)
Stick around, Hoop. Active or not. This forum is for the old farts...yes, you ARE one.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Why did so many show such bad taste by trying to torment Jim Hooper at Z-Hills about one of his rules. And there were so few rules, I think about 10.
They would point to his list of rules by the manifest in front of him and say something like "I don't care what your rules are, if I'm low I'm pulling".

Now for a DZ with lots of rules go to Connecticut Parachutists Inc. in Ellington Connecticut.
You'll hear them chant, "we got alot of rules, that's rule 63 and if you don't like it talk to Jim Mow-rey."

You'll hear them chant, "we got alot of rules, that's rule 63 and if you don't like it talk to Jim Mow-rey."

Steve - you shouldn't be beastly to Mowrey; he's actually one of the good guys.

And now (cue roll of drums) - I've been saving the following for true connoisseurs of the sublime. 'Twas sent to me by a DBC aficionado who offered the following explanation on why I find one of his favorite subjects so excruciatingly inane. I offer only the best parts, but omit the sender to spare blushes (there is a spell-check here, isn't there?):

IT'S A USA THINK YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND ... I don't want to be an ass, but some people do find it interesting, it's part of american folklore, so that is why you don't understand the facination. It would be like you starting a thread on the queen of England, I would say who cares, but that is somthing that interests you and i would just choose not to read it. I have seen people lose their posting privlages for less...

I live in hopeful anticipation of that last cautionary note coming true. So far my demands to someone called Sangiro that my account be deleted have proved fruitless.

I was also hoping - praying - that the latest Bigfoot discovery - AHA! - would prove to be DBC. Alas, just a bit of moldy plastic closely akin to the more strident believers. I'll have to break the news to the Queen. She's going to be so disappointed.

Hoop

Why did so many show such bad taste by trying to torment Jim Hooper at Z-Hills about one of his rules. And there were so few rules, I think about 10.
They would point to his list of rules by the manifest in front of him and say something like "I don't care what your rules are, if I'm low I'm pulling".

Now for a DZ with lots of rules go to Connecticut Parachutists Inc. in Ellington Connecticut.

That is funny, I never heard that chant before at CPI. :ph34r:

Have all the old timers been going easy on us? :P;)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Have all the old timers been going easy on us? :P;)

Jesus Christ yes. How many of you youngsters have had to get Cardinal Puff?

You gotta have 100 jumps before jumping a "high performance" canopy (PC!).

No smoking pot before your first night jump. Sheesh!

Static line progression set in stone, talking about rules. 3 of this then 3 of that on and on...

jon

Doug, you'll be able to try again at Billy's party in a couple of weeks. John Jefferies will be down again. You'll be part of the entertainment...it can be fun watching others get drunk and throw up.:ph34r:

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

Jesus Christ yes. How many of you youngsters have had to get Cardinal Puff?

I was a youngster when I earned it. August 24, 1967 - two months and one day before my 21st birthday. It was at the legendary Wolverine Tavern in Zephyrhills, Florida. I became known as "Pope Patrick the Minor". See attached graphic.
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!