howardwhite

Bandana

The bandana was in the collection of CPI founding member Dick Barber, which I delivered to the Skydiving Museum collection at Para-Gear Monday. The lady from Para-Gear who was helping catalog the donations looked at it, set it aside, and said she didn't think the museum would be displaying it. So I brought it home, and will wear it next time I'm at CPI.;)

HW

Dont remember the event or date, but in the late 80s/earlly 90s...there was an event where a "BUNCH" of smaller cessnas built one of the largest formation loads. Someplace in the Northwest.

At the time, I was kind of amazed. Maybe still am.

I was gonna guess that but you guys started talking about CPI which I have no history of and threw me off.

There were a few boogies up in WA with lots of Cessnas. I remember 15 at one such boogie. Was Dave Strickland the organizer? Dave somebody...

55 Ways. 15 cessnas. Snohomish, Wash.
Dave Rucket org.

Heard about this from some of the participants. They said it was a very fun time with lots of interesting visuals...seeing all those Cessnas trying to line up in formation with each other. I'd love to see pictures of the formation if someone has them.

Didn't they try and get a similar event going in FL a few years back? Not enough interest to bring it all together, though? Damn those turbine snobs! ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yeah, Dav3 Ruckert did several all Cessna boogies at Snohomish. We did build some nice 55 way wedges. The most memorable part was that the pilots did a fantanstic job of flying a tight formation. Everyone was nervous the first couple loads about the formations, but it got to be old hat; never any close calls that I remember. And the other thing was that everyone had an easy short flat swoop to the base. It just took patience to let the thing build, nothing really tough about it.

I bought a 'Fuck big airplanes' tank top for my 34DDD girlfriend. Unfortunately, the jumpers and general public never got to see it.

Ruckert's one of those guys you don't forget.
Ted
D6691 SCR 3975 SCS 2242 NSCR 698
On the road to wrack and ruin…………
but making damn good time.