howardwhite

Thunder Chicken

Hi Howard,
Cool beans and there was an old 450 h.p. Stinson Gull Wing Reliant jump ship in the San Diego area back in the early 70's called the,"Bodacious Thunder Chicken!!" Jumped it many times, last at Otay when it was "McDonaldland!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Airborne....! Howard White.....!

This... is ...LRP41.... over.....!
(that is my Vietnam Airborne Ranger combat callsign)

I am a twice combat wounded Vietnam Veteran, who has never stopped parachuting. These days I am skydiving as the Purple Heart Parachutist on the renouned Liberty Jump Team and supporting the Military Order of the Purple Heart and the Wounded Warrior Project.

I just finished the opening of the Thunder Birds Airshow in San Angelo Texas. I have performed with the Thunderbirds 3 times before...

as "Thunder Chicken." :-)

Today, I fly Americas largest FLAG PARACHUTE...
My next jump is onto the Merville Battery in Normandy ,France on the 64th Anniversary of the D-Day Airborne Invasion.

Attached is a few of my old pictures as Thunder Chicken... The Demo-Money maker...

I have a recent Dayton Beach Newspaper article about me and speaks of my days as Thunder Chicken, reverently.

Enjoy...!

This is ... LoNg RaNgE PaTrOL 41... over... and.... OuT...!

NO...!

They were based out of Texas. The whole damn Pizza Inn Franchise company went "Belly Up" after I got sponsored... that's Thunder Chicken's luck..

Then somebody stole my brand new Pizza Inn Ramair Parachute system at the Niles Apple Festival. Got my Holiday Inn parachute too.

I called the Michigan Police.... to report the theft from my equipment truck... and they found my brand new 9 mm S&W pistol behind my seat there and confiscated it... too.

Not a good day for the worlds only skydiving professional clown. No fun entertaining the populus, at all.

Well, I stole the pictures from SmugMug and then remembered that someone had posted a reference to you and the Thunder Chicken here last year.
So here are a few more (I have taken the liberty of cleaning them up a bit in Photoshop.) Cool pictures. Tell all.

HW

I would like to also know about the size of the flag that you are jumping. I know several are out there in the 2000-4000 SQ ft range, I also know of a 7800 sq ft flag, is your larger then that?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I remember you in 1974ish jumping a round into a baseball diamond in Fountain City Indiana. with power wires all around it and Still landing almost on 2nd base. I went home and jumped off the roof with a blanket after that. My mother is still mad about that, but that's another story. I can say watching your jump and the Nationals in Richmond is what got me addicted to this sport! Thank you for being a great ambassador for this sport.