howardwhite

Bridge CRW

who???

just some guessing here... but Maybe garrett Dolan,,, dean richardson... tex mcKinney???
and /or some other guys from looong ago..
They built the first biplane diamond i think.....not sure of the team name ,,
dead reckoning????? maybe...
the pic looks like a demo quadra plane... BUT out of an aircraft... Near the bridge, but not OFF the bridge.....
Verrazanno Narrows??? NYC?????
as for the When???? early 80's or else Late 70's

.... but I could be wrong!!!:|

jmy

looks a lot like GWB. (That's George Washington Bridge, and not the current White House occupant).

Yes I'd agree. I've driven over that bridge a few times. Can't be absolutely positive though.

There were two guys who did a CRW stack and one rotation OFF the New River Gorge bridge in WV. They were from South Carolina, and I've done CRW with them. Can't quite remember their names right now as it's been at least 10 years since I saw them. They were hard core!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I belive that the first bridge CRW was done in 1983.
"The first BASE CRW jump was done on Bridge Day in October at the New River George Bridge in WV."
www.skydivehame.com/cf

I just remembered the name of one of the CRW participants in the jump I referenced - Burke Fitzpatrick. I believe he did it in the 90's, but not the first one to do it as your reference shows.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I saw Terry O'Malley and his son in 2005 at the HERD summer get together at a farm in Pennsylvania, he hadn't jumped for a while. I jumped with Bill Kowalski in 2002 and 2003 in West Point Virginia and Gardiner New York.

I miss the Jumpstreet gang, they were good at what they did, always friendly and coached anyone that wanted to learn canopy RW---for free.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

..... always friendly and coached anyone that wanted to learn canopy RW---for free.

Teaching for free.....That's so '80's! ;)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

It seems strange that you think those guys put together a 4 stack in about 10 feet. It looks like they are flying past the bridge.

I didn't think that. I thought they jumped out of an airplane and flew their stack past the bridge. Perhaps my title suggested otherwise.

HW