47 47
quade

DB Cooper

11 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

I have a couple questions...

Pardon me if I have this wrong, but about Tina - Until the recent RS interview, and the movie thing(?), she was somewhat media shy, right? I know she appeared on at least one TV special, but after the event, she didn't like being associated with it? Didn't she at one point abscond herself to a nunnery? If that's right, does someone know exactly when that was, month and year?

Olemiss, in the beginning of that stream thing you did recently with Nicky, you said you had a list of like 400(?) possible suspects? Where do those come from? FBI files, conjecture from yourself and others, some combination? Is there a way I could see that list?

I want to say that she joined the convent sometime in the very early 80's, because I believe she worked for NWA for another 9 or 10 years after the hijacking. I think a lot of the Cooper witnesses and participants were somewhat media shy because of what happened in the late 70's with the Coffelt stuff. Flo, Tina, Rat, and others were talking pretty freely to this movie producer from Hollywood who was trying to make some production based on Coffelt's story. There's a 302 where the FBI admonishes all of them and basically says "we can't stop you from talking to whomever you wish, but you need to understand that if you provide anyone with any information that could hurt the investigation in any way, you can be prosecuted." So I think that shut them up for quite a while. 

Tina was always a very religious and empathetic person. I don't think her going to the convent had anything whatsoever to do with Cooper. 

My list of suspects is just compiled of names in the FBI Files and names that others have put forward. I'll PM it to you. 

• Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 12:43 PM, olemisscub said:

I want to say that she joined the convent sometime in the very early 80's, because I believe she worked for NWA for another 9 or 10 years after the hijacking. I think a lot of the Cooper witnesses and participants were somewhat media shy because of what happened in the late 70's with the Coffelt stuff. Flo, Tina, Rat, and others were talking pretty freely to this movie producer from Hollywood who was trying to make some production based on Coffelt's story. There's a 302 where the FBI admonishes all of them and basically says "we can't stop you from talking to whomever you wish, but you need to understand that if you provide anyone with any information that could hurt the investigation in any way, you can be prosecuted." So I think that shut them up for quite a while. 

Tina was always a very religious and empathetic person. I don't think her going to the convent had anything whatsoever to do with Cooper. 

My list of suspects is just compiled of names in the FBI Files and names that others have put forward. I'll PM it to you. 

agree ...  well stated.

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 5:43 PM, olemisscub said:

Olemisscub, any insight on what the average ransom ask was for the copy cats?

I have always though Coops was low given Cini's starting point. Possibly Coops asked based on what he knew Cini was able to receive. Anyone have any reference for what other take me to Cuba type extortionist asked for on the whole?      

Cini asked for 1.5 million got 50K

Coops asked for and received 200k

McCoy asked for and received 500,000

7 hours ago, Cola said:

Olemisscub, any insight on what the average ransom ask was for the copy cats?

I have always though Coops was low given Cini's starting point. Possibly Coops asked based on what he knew Cini was able to receive. Anyone have any reference for what other take me to Cuba type extortionist asked for on the whole?      

Cini asked for 1.5 million got 50K

Coops asked for and received 200k

McCoy asked for and received 500,000

Unless they were asking for some preposterous amount, the hijackers usually got what they asked for.

LaPoint asked for a measly 50k and got it

Hahneman wanted 303k and got it

McNally asked for 502k and got it

Heady asked for 200k and got it 

Francis Goodell asked for 450k and got it

Holder and Kerkow asked for 500k and got it

The only one who I'm aware of who was short changed (who wasn't asking for millions) was Melvin Fisher He was the copycat who had the money tied to him with stairs lowered but lost his nerve and didn't jump. He asked for 550k and got 200k

• Like 1