22 22
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Well...he SAID he had some movie director guy coming to record everything. If he had shown up, someone who was there would have said something by now. 

Do you guys who went to this event realize how foolish it was to not record the thing? On a side note, several people who attended (I have no idea how they got my name) are emailing me and asking to buy copies of...all..things...Ha Ha Ha by DB Cooper. 

Folks, I have two copies remaining out of the six I bought from Dona Elliot back in 2012, and they are not going anywhere. I offered some of them up a few months back and they were gone within a week. The last two I am not selling. I already did a search everywhere I could think of, and I do NOT know how to find copies. There just aren't any more available. I think the last lot was sold by a lady through Amazon. She lived up north of Seattle. That was maybe a year, year and a half ago. They went pretty quick. If you find one out there later, snatch it up no matter the cost if you have to have it. 

Anyway....I have no more copies I am willing to get rid of. 

Since the treasure has been found, the Forrest Fenn'ers have shifted to the HAHAHA book thinking it was written by Fenn and that Fenn may be Cooper.. they have found some similarities in the book to Fenn's writing.

They are scouring the planet for the HAHAHA book.. and pushing up the price.

I actually worked on the Fenn treasure and my spot was on the Madison R close the where it is believed Fenn hid the treasure.. I am very familiar with both Fenn's Chase and Cooper and there is no way Fenn was Cooper. It is lunacy. The evidence doesn't support it, he doesn't match the description, he does not fit the profile. Fenn may have done some shady deals but a hijacking/skyjacking is another level altogether. Most hijackers were actually mentally ill, a few others very desperate.. Some were killed, all were identified except Cooper. A hijacker harms people and risks their life and long prison time..

The Fenn people need another adventure to fill the void from Fenn's treasure being found,, their limited knowledge on Cooper has enabled a groupthink confirmation bias toward Fenn. 

For new people to the Cooper case it is Rorschach, you see what you want.. and you can make almost anyone fit... there is a ton of misinformation out there.

Let Fenn rest in peace, he was not Cooper, you are disrespecting him.

Edited by FLYJACK

Fenn didn't write Ha Ha Ha. I know the people who illustrated and edited the book and they had nothing to do with him. 

Point of order: Cooper isn't the only person to have gotten away with a hijacking. The FBI still has a warrant out for the lady below, who was from Coos Bay, Oregon. They will never find her. 

KerkowPoster.jpg

I spoke to a gal named Judy, I think that was her name, and she told told me who auhored HaHaHa!. It was a real estate developer in the PNW, and acquaintance of hers who was interested in the case. He's since passed and she wanted my help selling the remaining books she had. Things got a little wacky after that including her stating the $200,000 was still hidden for people to find, and she wanted me to buy all the books from her then I would re-organize the search hidden in the book. It seemed really sketchy so I didn't want to be involved and it ended there.

This was early 2020 I believe. You'll have to take my word for it right now, because I had her contact info and the authors name in my Cooper Vortex notebook I was dragging around. Some junkie stole all my stuff in Portland after CooperCon so I'm not sure if I have that info anymore. Shocking that happened in Portland, right?

2 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

I spoke to a gal named Judy, I think that was her name, and she told told me who auhored HaHaHa!. It was a real estate developer in the PNW, and acquaintance of hers who was interested in the case. He's since passed and she wanted my help selling the remaining books she had. Things got a little wacky after that including her stating the $200,000 was still hidden for people to find, and she wanted me to buy all the books from her then I would re-organize the search hidden in the book. It seemed really sketchy so I didn't want to be involved and it ended there.

This was early 2020 I believe. You'll have to take my word for it right now, because I had her contact info and the authors name in my Cooper Vortex notebook I was dragging around. Some junkie stole all my stuff in Portland after CooperCon so I'm not sure if I have that info anymore. Shocking that happened in Portland, right?

You knew the author of Ha Ha Ha and didn't tell me?

Edited by Andrade1812

2 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Wrong Judy, and it wasn't a real estate developer. One of the people involved with this book is a Facebook friend. There never WAS a $200,000 treasure anyway. It was based on sales of the book, and the one thing the author forgot is that if you have no marketing plan, and you use the name of a wanted criminal...

Makes it hard to do book appearances and book signings. A few copies sold here and there. MOST of the copies went out over a number of years through Dona Elliot. She was selling the book between 1984-2012. She would charge six bucks a copy, and was getting them for four. When I bought my eight copies total in 2012 she didn't have very many remaining. 

I have two really good condition copies remaining, both wrapped well and sealed in ziplocs. If I were to sell the one extra I have...five hundred bucks and not a cent less. I am pretty sure I will have two copies for...well....EVER. ^_^

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 11/23/2021 at 1:34 PM, georger said:

That is interesting - and new. Who they communicate their info to ?

There is no documentation to support Ammerman's statement about A-7s from Oakland.  Instead, the hijacked airliner was trailed by a C-130 from some point north of the location where the switch from Seattle ATC to Oakland ATC was made in northern California until it landed in Reno. 

40 minutes ago, Coopericane said:

...And that's it, guys. Close to exactly 50 years ago, Cooper jumped out of that plane (I guess it depends on what jump time you agree with - but I tried to round it to the middle of the 8:10 - 8:15 PM estimate).

Flyjack and I agree with this assessment, and yes...probably 12-13 or whenever that pressure bump happened and when Rataczak radioed, "I think (the hijacker) has taken leave of us..." (paraphrased, but close) I also believe the store break in near the RR tracks was probably done by Cooper. (Cigarettes and beef jerky were taken, and the trains went by there too fast for it to be just a hobo.) 

I have a request in to someone who knows, asking if they are willing to tell me the name of the author of the Ha Ha Ha book. I suggested that after 38 years....etc. 

I was only kidding about the $500 on the book. Truth is I am keeping both copies. I don't really need the money and it is part of my collection of books on different hijackings. One of my favorites is THIS ONE by the late Anthony Bryant. I notice they keep jacking up the prices on the hijack-type books though. I see at Amazon it is no longer six bucks, but nearly 40 dollars. 

The picture below shows a large collection (I have most of them and some others not shown) that were owned by Bryan Woodruff at the Ariel Store. And one of the two books Geoff Gray and I co-signed when we met in Seattle. The other one is Blast. 

SkyjackInterior.jpg.dc91dd4fe78073e9c79d62005cc96c51.jpg

BooksOnCooper.jpg.7d508def5fdbfcf9ce4bd8fb988587bd.jpg

Lots of Cooper books out there. This is maybe half of them I think. I do not have the 'Living Well' book with the black cover, or the two to the far left in the middle row. Others I think I do. I have decided to bring all my Cooper memorabilia for the July event next year, including the books. 

The short version of how I think Cooper made his getaway is pretty simple. I think he came down in the area the FBI thinks he did. I believe that the Amboy Chute, the one discovered in 2008 without its harness or container attached was probably buried by Cooper. (Just insert the word 'probably' or 'maybe' into some of this stuff.)

Then...he used the backpack container for the chute to transfer the money from the briefcase so he wouldn't look like a guy carrying a bank bag full of money...

I also think he jumped further south than he wanted to, because it took him longer to prepare to jump, wrap the money bag, etc and that he wanted to jump more like south of Olympia. (See map below and just imagine Cooper could have been anyone from the Puget Sound area, not necessarily KC)

JumpMap1.jpg.ae651d08fa798a93160335b488e63bf8.jpg

After he transferred the money to the backpack and rid himself of the chute, (ditched the briefcase and paper bag before he jumped, so it would land further north and if found...possibly throw off the ground search.)

Then...he headed south across the Heisson bridge and caught the tracks toward Portland. Day or night it is easy in that area to figure out direction. Mountains on one side, that is EAST. There you go. 

When he sees the store and because it is Thanksgiving in the very early morning, maybe around midnight, he knocks at the door. (In those days sometimes the owners actually LIVED in back of the store.)

No one answers. Few if any neighbors back then. He forces the door, takes the smokes, the jerky, and the gloves which were all reported stolen. FBI in their infinite wisdom, investigates the break in but doesn't ask WHAT BRAND of cigarettes were stolen. (Duh)

Makes his way south along the tracks. Reaches the Vancouver area, probably in the early morning. Just looks like a guy with a backpack and no one is looking for him in town anyway. Makes a phone call from a pay phone, which were everywhere back in 1971. 

It's just a theory. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

25 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

The markings on the Amboy chute don't match..

You have seen the NB8 chute, the one Cooper jumped with...open and on the ground for examination? Only Cossey knows that. When I interviewed the owner, Norman Hayden, he said he bought that chute about three years before the hijacking, and it was already old THEN when he did. He also said he didn't care because he had not the slightest intention ever of using it. He said he would go down with his sport plane no matter what and trust his flying skills, rather than a chute. 

The only reason he bought those chutes was to comply with the new FAA rules on sport flying. But he was totally against wearing or using one. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Wrong Judy, and it wasn't a real estate developer. One of the people involved with this book is a Facebook friend. There never WAS a $200,000 treasure anyway. It was based on sales of the book, and the one thing the author forgot is that if you have no marketing plan, and you use the name of a wanted criminal...

Makes it hard to do book appearances and book signings. A few copies sold here and there. MOST of the copies went out over a number of years through Dona Elliot. She was selling the book between 1984-2012. She would charge six bucks a copy, and was getting them for four. When I bought my eight copies total in 2012 she didn't have very many remaining. 

I have two really good condition copies remaining, both wrapped well and sealed in ziplocs. If I were to sell the one extra I have...five hundred bucks and not a cent less. I am pretty sure I will have two copies for...well....EVER. ^_^

I bought a copy of the Ha-Ha-Ha book from Dona at Ariel, I am looking at it right now.  Never took it all that seriously. I talked with you Robert about the book.  I recall you encouraged  me to buy a copy, and I did.  Has anyone actually read it? MeyerLouie

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Flyjack and I agree with this assessment, and yes...probably 12-13 or whenever that pressure bump happened and when Rataczak radioed, "I think (the hijacker) has taken leave of us..." (paraphrased, but close) I also believe the store break in near the RR tracks was probably done by Cooper. (Cigarettes and beef jerky were taken, and the trains went by there too fast for it to be just a hobo.) 

I have a request in to someone who knows, asking if they are willing to tell me the name of the author of the Ha Ha Ha book. I suggested that after 38 years....etc. 

I was only kidding about the $500 on the book. Truth is I am keeping both copies. I don't really need the money and it is part of my collection of books on different hijackings. One of my favorites is THIS ONE by the late Anthony Bryant. I notice they keep jacking up the prices on the hijack-type books though. I see at Amazon it is no longer six bucks, but nearly 40 dollars. 

The picture below shows a large collection (I have most of them and some others not shown) that were owned by Bryan Woodruff at the Ariel Store. And one of the two books Geoff Gray and I co-signed when we met in Seattle. The other one is Blast. 

SkyjackInterior.jpg.dc91dd4fe78073e9c79d62005cc96c51.jpg

BooksOnCooper.jpg.7d508def5fdbfcf9ce4bd8fb988587bd.jpg

Lots of Cooper books out there. This is maybe half of them I think. I do not have the 'Living Well' book with the black cover, or the two to the far left in the middle row. Others I think I do. I have decided to bring all my Cooper memorabilia for the July event next year, including the books. 

The short version of how I think Cooper made his getaway is pretty simple. I think he came down in the area the FBI thinks he did. I believe that the Amboy Chute, the one discovered in 2008 without its harness or container attached was probably buried by Cooper. (Just insert the word 'probably' or 'maybe' into some of this stuff.)

Then...he used the backpack container for the chute to transfer the money from the briefcase so he wouldn't look like a guy carrying a bank bag full of money...

I also think he jumped further south than he wanted to, because it took him longer to prepare to jump, wrap the money bag, etc and that he wanted to jump more like south of Olympia. (See map below and just imagine Cooper could have been anyone from the Puget Sound area, not necessarily KC)

JumpMap1.jpg.ae651d08fa798a93160335b488e63bf8.jpg

After he transferred the money to the backpack and rid himself of the chute, (ditched the briefcase and paper bag before he jumped, so it would land further north and if found...possibly throw off the ground search.)

Then...he headed south across the Heisson bridge and caught the tracks toward Portland. Day or night it is easy in that area to figure out direction. Mountains on one side, that is EAST. There you go. 

When he sees the store and because it is Thanksgiving in the very early morning, maybe around midnight, he knocks at the door. (In those days sometimes the owners actually LIVED in back of the store.)

No one answers. Few if any neighbors back then. He forces the door, takes the smokes, the jerky, and the gloves which were all reported stolen. FBI in their infinite wisdom, investigates the break in but doesn't ask WHAT BRAND of cigarettes were stolen. (Duh)

Makes his way south along the tracks. Reaches the Vancouver area, probably in the early morning. Just looks like a guy with a backpack and no one is looking for him in town anyway. Makes a phone call from a pay phone, which were everywhere back in 1971. 

It's just a theory. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The book on the lower right, written by the former FBI agent...it's been so long since I've been around, I forgot his name and the name of the book. You won't believe this, in the1980s I actually wrote to the guy and requested a copy of the book.  He sent me back an autographed copy, and I lost it!  I moved so many times in my college years, I think it got chucked, regrettably.  I would like to get another copy of the book.  Meyer

You mean D.B. Cooper - Dead or Alive by Richard Tosaw. (Former FBI agent) Yeah, you can get it Amazon still, but like all the hijacking books from back then, they keep raising the prices on the remaining copies. It's close to forty bucks now. 

I would like to wish everyone in Cooperland a Happy Thanksgiving, a nice Christmas and an even better New Year. The last two years have sucked SO bad (*laughs*) it just seems like there is nowhere else to go but UP. I sure hope so. 

All of you reading this now...try to remember that not only has the Big Anniversary come and gone, and they keep raising the prices on books that continue to become more scarce after 50 years...that I encourage you to support ANY and ALL efforts to keep Cooper alive in the public minds. 

Bigfoot and UFO's are dominating the public eye lately and Cooper is being kicked to the curb a lot. And this will continue to get worse. The recent convention was probably the high point of the whole thing. Whether you like me or not personally is not really the point. What IS the point is that there are only two remaining events having to do with Cooper now, while the other Northwest legends move into first place and Cooper gets forgotten. Just Google on festivals regarding UFO's and Bigfoot here in the Northwest alone...and you will be amazed. Not just one or two events a year. There are DOZENS of them, and usually well-attended. 

One day you will look around and no one except a small select group of people will even care about Cooper anymore. And that would be a shame. If you didn't like some of my reporting on different things in Cooperland, try to remember that the reason I did (and do) those things is to keep you guys from shooting yourselves in the foot. 

I really have no axe to grind here. I see comments saying, "He's just trying to sell his book..." This is not true, and is pointless. We are a wholesale trade publisher through Lightning Source/Ingram and internet posts by me or anyone have zip to do with how many books we sell. It just does not work that way. Into The Blast isn't even our best-selling book anymore. That goes to Pilot Down, Presumed Dead by the late, great, Marjorie Phleger. Although Blast broke sales records this year for us, Pilot Down still moved into first place anyway. It's a classic. 

The reason I held the former 'Cooper Campouts' (small groups, usually less than 25 people showed up) and the Cooper/UFO Skywatch Party last July (and coming back NEXT July) is because it was fun as hell and is better than sitting around the damn house. Not because I am trying to promote AB of Seattle or sell more books. Frankly, guys...my family doesn't worry where their next meal is coming from and the reason I edit other authors' books and am still in the AB business is because (again) it is better than sitting around on my semi-retired butt. It has never been about 'the money'. As I told some of you long ago, I turned down $5,000 bucks from History Channel (Decoded show) and another $1,000 from Adrenaline Hunter, the Bethy Rossos show that was on Comcast Sports Net for a couple of seasons. (Picture below: Filming at KC's old place.) 

adrenaline00.jpg.3b039ca9ee50b85ef1e00b4204b8e74b.jpg

However, I did accept a few hundred bucks for licensing rights on some pictures this year for that Fox News special or whatever they did on Cooper. I never actually watched it, though. I think it was a streaming thing and I don't pay more to watch TV than my regular cable/internet bill. Bastards are always trying to squeeze every last penny from you. ¬¬ In the picture above, you have to admit the boots are a nice touch. I think she does chef work now. But she jumped from a Cessna with 22 pounds of extra weight for that episode, and she had never jumped prior to that. No tandem, either. Gutsy lady. 

Now we are going to plan one hell of a party for this coming July, and we already have just over fifty people who have used the contact form or got hold of me through Facebook wanting to go. Only six of these folks (so far) are Cooper fans and we're not even 100% sure of the final location yet, except we decided we will do it north of Mt Rainier again, and off the 410 Highway. Greg and I are still researching Google Maps in 3-D and Susan and I will be taking a scouting trip up there as soon as the snow breaks. But it will be close to the last spot. I know that much. Probably a mile or so beyond the spot in the picture below, which is where we did it last year. It was a great spot, but no Rainier view there. A little bit further on there IS a great view of what people here call 'The Mountain'. 

CooperCampsiteCloseUp.jpg.e2b31244da950c7a00202759ddddbed3.jpg

BELOW: Site being considered for the NEXT party in 2022.

PossibleSite2.jpg.c79acc2bfd832042d382a1694dd8dd33.jpg

BELOW: Another site in the same area also being considered.

NewSite2.jpg.e05d034932d361460bb338211d282c98.jpg

And I can't tell you how many more times we will do this. If there is the same amount of support in Cooperland for this event as there was last July, then I will have to separate this event completely from DB Cooper the next year. We are also considering doing these things MORE than once a year. Susan and I are semi-retired now and when that happens you start looking for things to do. 

What is 'being retired' REALLY like? Here is one thing:  The only thing that separates weekdays from weekends for you is that you figure out the TV is BETTER on weekdays...and that football is mostly on Sunday. (*laughs*) This is the REAL reason I love organizing fun events. Because they are fun and it's better than sitting around the damn house. I'm generally a pretty active guy and sitting does not suit me much. I can even remember the last day I did a full-time job. It was on August 12th of this year. And sometimes I miss that. 

Have a great Thanksgiving and try not to be TOO hard on each other. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

You have seen the NB8 chute, the one Cooper jumped with...open and on the ground for examination? Only Cossey knows that. When I interviewed the owner, Norman Hayden, he said he bought that chute about three years before the hijacking, and it was already old THEN when he did. He also said he didn't care because he had not the slightest intention ever of using it. He said he would go down with his sport plane no matter what and trust his flying skills, rather than a chute. 

The only reason he bought those chutes was to comply with the new FAA rules on sport flying. But he was totally against wearing or using one. 

How do you know Cossey correctly identified the missing chute as his modified NB6/8...  

Cossey initially misidentified the missing chute and then lied for years with shifting stories to cover it up. Cossey never provided his records and there is nothing to corroborate Cossey's claim.

You admitted Cossey was a liar.. and believed Hayden. Well, Hayden claimed his two chutes were identical.

But, the clincher is that there were two back chute packing cards found in the plane, both packed by Cossey May 21,1971. Both Pioneer's, SN 226 card and chute was returned to Hayden but a card 1960 SN 60-9707 found on the plane was missing its chute.. 

Cooper must have used that missing chute, a Pioneer 1960 Steinthal SN 60-9707,, that does not match the 1946 Amboy chute.

Cooper did not use Cossey's customized NB6/8. I believe he thought they were going to take his back chute from Issaquah but they didn't need it after securing Hayden's chutes and only grabbed the two chest chutes. He initially made an error based on an assumption, then he never corrected it and covered it up with shifting lies.

I already explained all this here in this forum with the evidence, but you have an irritating ability to just ignore things that don't fit your preset narratives.

Time for you to delete all your Amboy chute stories.

I'm not deleting a thing. 

'You admitted Cossey was a liar.. and believed Hayden. Well, Hayden claimed his two chutes were identical...'

Yes? Where exactly did he say that? I interviewed the guy for hours over two days. He never told me any such thing. He agreed that the report on the chutes by FBI agent John Detlor was CORRECT...and then posted that report in a frame in his office in Kent, WA. Here is the report again. Take a good look at it. Hayden has NEVER said both chutes were identical. 

Ever tried actually interviewing people in all your research? Just wondering... 

HaydenCosseyFBIExcerpt3.thumb.jpg.e923ebc9e7e7e93d1da39d5c176a74a0.jpg

Two back chutes. Provided by Hayden. One good reserve, one phony reserve. Picked up by the WA State Patrol from Linn Emerick at Sky Sports. 

One GOOD reserve found on the jet. Popped for its paracord. One phony reserve...missing and presumed tossed out the back. 

One BACK chute from Hayden, recovered on the jet, later returned to him, now sitting in the WA State History Museum. There is the picture below. The final BACK chute...used by Cooper. 

This is not rocket science, Flyjack. It isn't even TOY rocket science. Cossey was sitting at home when the State Patrol came by Sky Sports for the two reserves. He had nothing to do with who got what. The four chutes have been well documented. The extra packing card I couldn't say, but maybe someone stuck the wrong card into somewhere. But no one has ever confirmed that FIVE parachutes were actually given to Cooper. All the evidence says FOUR. And all of them are present or accounted for. 

cooperchutetacoma.jpg.38aec741bf3636a942aa45a9a64eae23.jpg

You know, Flyjack...maybe you should plan a trip to WA state next summer and try to convince me there were actually five chutes given to Cooper. What the heck...there was a Fifth Beatle, right? Or you could submit a DVD with your case on it. I promise everyone will see it on the big screen. I'm doing a compilation of the very best UFO sightings, video and stills. You can do Cooper. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

18 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I'm not deleting a thing. 

Yes? Where exactly did he say that? I interviewed the guy for hours over two days. He never told me any such thing. He agreed that the report on the chutes by FBI agent John Detlor was CORRECT...and then posted that report in a frame in his office in Kent, WA. Here is the report again. Take a good look at it. Hayden has NEVER said both chutes were identical. 

Ever tried actually interviewing people in all your research? Just wondering... 

HaydenCosseyFBIExcerpt3.thumb.jpg.e923ebc9e7e7e93d1da39d5c176a74a0.jpg

Two back chutes. Provided by Hayden. One good reserve, one phony reserve. Picked up by the WA State Patrol from Linn Emerick at Sky Sports. 

One GOOD reserve found on the jet. Popped for its paracord. One phony reserve...missing and presumed tossed out the back. 

One BACK chute from Hayden, recovered on the jet, later returned to him, now sitting in the WA State History Museum. There is the picture below. The final BACK chute...used by Cooper. 

This is not rocket science, Flyjack. It isn't even TOY rocket science. Cossey was sitting at home when the State Patrol came by Sky Sports for the two reserves. He had nothing to do with who got what. The four chutes have been well documented. The extra packing card I couldn't say, but maybe someone stuck the wrong card into somewhere. But no one has ever confirmed that FIVE parachutes were actually given to Cooper. All the evidence says FOUR. And all of them are present or accounted for. 

cooperchutetacoma.jpg.38aec741bf3636a942aa45a9a64eae23.jpg

Blevins, you are completely clueless, I am not going to explain this to you.

You are making patronizing and belittling claims above that are not in dispute because you do not comprehend the issue. You have no idea what is going on.

This is why you irritate people.

I have covered all this here before. I am not going to unwind your confusion for you.

The Amboy chute was not Cooper's.. Cossey was wrong initially and later lied about Cooper using his custom NC6/8. A card,, a Pioneer with a 1960 Steinthal SN 60-9707 packed by Cossey on May 21,1971 was found on the plane without its chute... Cooper must have used that chute, not Cossey's NB6/8.

I am not belittling you. But all the official reports, all the testimony, say that only FOUR chutes were delivered to SeaTac and only FOUR chutes given to Cooper. 

Whether the Amboy chute was actually from Cooper, I cannot say for sure. But I find it suspicious that the FBI would dismiss it with the media as not being from Cooper...and then tell people for years afterward who still inquired about it...that it was 'evidence in an ongoing case'. 

You have a packing card. There could have been more than one stuffed into one of the chutes given to Cooper. By mistake. Perhaps.

But that doesn't mean MORE than four were actually delivered. 

32 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I am not belittling you. But all the official reports, all the testimony, say that only FOUR chutes were delivered to SeaTac and only FOUR chutes given to Cooper. 

Whether the Amboy chute was actually from Cooper, I cannot say for sure. But I find it suspicious that the FBI would dismiss it with the media as not being from Cooper...and then tell people for years afterward who still inquired about it...that it was 'evidence in an ongoing case'. 

You have a packing card. There could have been more than one stuffed into one of the chutes given to Cooper. By mistake. Perhaps.

But that doesn't mean MORE than four were actually delivered. 

I am not claiming more than four chutes were delivered here.. Do you understand that you keep making arguments that are not relevant here and demonstrate that you actually do not grasp this.

Two back chute packing cards were found on the plane one was missing its chute, both Pioneers packed by Cossey May 21.1971..  those were both of Hayden's chutes sent to the plane.

Cossey was a serial liar, there is no corroboration to his claim that the missing chute was his custom NB6/8.. Cossey initially erred assuming his NB6/8 was grabbed from Issaquah, it was not. He soon learned of his error and lied to cover it up..

So, yes, you need to delete your Amboy chute claims.

Edited by FLYJACK

Wrong packing card somewhere or not...I choose to believe Norman Hayden when he said the FBI report on the chutes was perfectly accurate. The chutes he purchased were not the same. He knew which ones, which types, he bought. 

Tom Kaye's team has a standing offer to be allowed to examine the Amboy chute. They were refused, even though they were allowed to examine the other evidence. 

"It (Amboy chute) is the right size, the right color, and found in the right place..." (Seattle FBI to media)

A few days later: "We have determined the parachute was not Cooper's by a preponderance of the evidence..."

When asked WHAT evidence...no answer ever given. They also claimed experts were contacted about it. But when I pressed them on this point, they admitted to me that these experts were only contacted by telephone. The only person ever allowed to see the Amboy chute outside of the FBI was...EARL COSSEY. And he told media this: "I knew it wasn't Cooper's in less than ten seconds..."

However...on that same day, he also told a Seattle Times reporter that the chute WAS Cooper's. When a senior editor at the Times called Cossey for verification, Cossey told them he was kidding. 

The FBI's comments until mid-2016 when they closed the case, about the chute, if you inquired:  "It (Amboy chute) is evidence in an ongoing case..."

Really? 

Why don't you create a video and send it on to me for next July. I promise we will show it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

10 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Wrong packing card somewhere or not...I choose to believe Norman Hayden when he said the FBI report on the chutes was perfectly accurate. The chutes he purchased were not the same. He knew which ones, which types, he bought. 

Tom Kaye's team has a standing offer to be allowed to examine the Amboy chute. They were refused, even though they were allowed to examine the other evidence. 

"It (Amboy chute) is the right size, the right color, and found in the right place..." (Seattle FBI to media)

A few days later: "We have determined the parachute was not Cooper's by a preponderance of the evidence..."

When asked WHAT evidence...no answer ever given. 

Their comments until mid-2016 when they closed the case, about the chute, if you inquired:  "It (Amboy chute) is evidence in an ongoing case..."

Really? 

Why don't you create a video and send it on to me for next July. I promise we will show it. 

Blevins, you are wrong Hayden said the chutes were identical and he disputed the FBI descriptions.. even the FBI descriptions are inconsistent.

Now, you dismiss the packing cards.. which corroborate Hayden's claims and you believe Cossey, a serial liar.

Those two Pioneer packing cards are Hayden's two chutes.. you can't have it both ways, both of Hayden's Pioneer back chute cards found in the plane and Cooper using Cossey's custom NB6/8.

You are incapable of seeing what is right in front of you because you have to maintain a narrative. As the evidence emerges the conclusion changes,, you hold a conclusion and dismiss the evidence. You have your logic backasswards.

Edited by FLYJACK

Fly. Given what you know, do you think Cooper made a calculated decision on which chute to use? Were they different enough from eachother?

Can I mute someone on here using iphone or do I need to be on a desktop? Robert you continue to clog up this site. I wish people would just report your posts as spam. You have some good posts once in a while, but I just can’t sift through the chaff. 

10 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Fly. Given what you know, do you think Cooper made a calculated decision on which chute to use? Were they different enough from eachother?

Can I mute someone on here using iphone or do I need to be on a desktop? Robert you continue to clog up this site. I wish people would just report your posts as spam. You have some good posts once in a while, but I just can’t sift through the chaff. 

There are reports that Cooper inspected the chutes,, Tosaw said he pulled the cards, that isn't confirmed in FBI files but likely since the two cards were found.

The chutes were both Pioneers, one a 1957 returned to Hayden and one a 1960,, the 1960 is missing so it may be that he just chose the newer one. 

Edited by FLYJACK