22 22
quade

DB Cooper

21 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

How does 'anyone with half a brain' know it isn't Marla? Do you have inside information on this? Bruce Smith KNOWS MARLA PERSONALLY. He has interactions and discussion with and ABOUT her for years on the internet. Why would Bruce allow someone to post AS Marla...if this person were NOT Marla? Get real. 

It is not my wish to derail Cooper Con. But on the other hand, if scheduled speakers to that event are going to support on their own websites lies about others involved in the Cooper case...then the event (without any kind of sensible self-policing) deserves what it gets. 

I will be back in town on Thursday afternoon. I recommend people involved in the convention get their shit together and stop blaming me for their own behavior. Otherwise, I am well within my rights to report such behavior to the media types covering it, as well as the people sponsoring it. Stop whining and start acting sensibly. You shouldn't be talking to me. You should be talking to Eric Ulis and Bruce Smith. Quickly. 

I am no longer actively investigating the Cooper case. I don't do interviews anymore about it. I am not attending the convention. The people involved in that convention should stop worrying about me and worry about how many seats they can fill. AB of Seattle offered to promote that convention and that was rejected. I am okay with that, but I am NOT okay with the same people scheduled to speak at that convention coming after me with lies and personal attacks. And I think both the media and the public (who are being asked to shell out a whopping twenty bucks a ticket) should be made aware of things. 

If necessary. So far, it isn't necessary. But when I come back home on Thursday, it may be. I won't put up with this crap a second time. Just like I didn't put up with it when prior to the other convention these same people were calling KC a child rapist. Get it together folks. 

Just so you'll know, the UFO people and the Bigfoot folks, or the abductee folks have vastly differing opinions. But it is only the DB Cooper people who take internet garbage to the ultimate degree. Which is part of the reason I extricated myself from certain things Cooper, and closed a couple of websites. Instead of coming after me, you guys should be getting your act together and figuring out how to fill those 320 or so seats at Cooper Con. As usual, you are once again shooting yourselves in the foot and blaming others for your behavior. 

I don't think it is the real Marla..  

Did the trolls stop after the last time you got an event canceled, NO, they increased and your reputation took a big hit..

This is a losing move anyway it plays out. 

If you are willing to potentially ruin an event for people who have nothing to do with that troll.. then only you will be held responsible for your actions.

Your vengeance is misguided and it will backfire.

• Like 2

Anyone else listen to the last Cooper Vortex episode? It's a long one, I haven't completely finished it myself. The guy interviewed talks about a cabin break-in and boat theft in (or near?) the drop zone but the details are sketchy/vague. I wonder if it'd be possible to verify or follow up on these stories, doesn't sound promising to me from what he said but you never know.

2 hours ago, Coopericane said:

Anyone else listen to the last Cooper Vortex episode? It's a long one, I haven't completely finished it myself. The guy interviewed talks about a cabin break-in and boat theft in (or near?) the drop zone but the details are sketchy/vague. I wonder if it'd be possible to verify or follow up on these stories, doesn't sound promising to me from what he said but you never know.

I listened to it.. 

The problem with Duane Weber has been Jo Weber.  

She is a serial fabricator. Take her stories out and there is no evidence.

Jo contacted me shortly after I joined DZ (like she did most) to convince me Duane was Cooper.. when I didn't accept it, she started lying about me to discredit me. Jo was very manipulative.

Tim found a record of a deposit box of Duane's and is convinced it held the money.. and is stuck in finding out what was in it, so he is asking for assistance..

His bayesian analysis was interesting but logically flawed, I can do the same and get a 1 of 1 for Hahneman.

I don't see any real evidence for Duane as Cooper..

Sometimes, I wonder if Jo was fed info by FBI/CIA as a misinformation strategy... to push Duane as a false Cooper.

(edited)
1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

I listened to it.. 

The problem with Duane Weber has been Jo Weber.  

She is a serial fabricator. Take her stories out and there is no evidence.

Jo contacted me shortly after I joined DZ (like she did most) to convince me Duane was Cooper.. when I didn't accept it, she started lying about me to discredit me. Jo was very manipulative.

Tim found a record of a deposit box of Duane's and is convinced it held the money.. and is stuck in finding out what was in it, so he is asking for assistance..

His bayesian analysis was interesting but logically flawed, I can do the same and get a 1 of 1 for Hahneman.

I don't see any real evidence for Duane as Cooper..

Sometimes, I wonder if Jo was fed info by FBI/CIA as a misinformation strategy... to push Duane as a false Cooper.

Where's Tim's (PLF) bayesian analysis ?  Where and when did he do that? Can people see it? 

A bayesian analysis of what !?

*Bayesian inference is a method of statistical inference in which Bayes' theorem is used to update the probability for a hypothesis as more evidence or information becomes available. Bayesian inference is an important technique in statistics, and especially in mathematical statistics. Wikipedia

Edited by georger

(edited)

Lets take a concrete example of a Bayesian analysis, socalled. Evaluations/predictions in a Bayesian analysis are based on a statistical chain of events in time. Deviation from the chain requires a decision or some prior event or data with a large statistical bias, such that at some point in time there is a high statistical probability of a change. The FBI flight path is just such a case. See photo attached. According to different people 305 was faced with a decision at the Toldeo intersection. Go left (east) or continue (south - the west path).   How does Tim's Bayesian analysis make that decision, based on what? How does it predict where the plane will go, based on what? Moreover, if 305 had vanished off of radar just after passing Toledo, where would Tim's Bayesian analysis predict we would find the plane? This should be enlightening ? 

If Tim's analysis is a Bayesian analysis of the flight path then Tim must have predictive data which decides which direction 305 will go AT the Toledo intersection ?  But I am in the dark about what precisely Tim is claiming to have done, that requires a Bayesian Analysis, if that is what Tim has actually done ?

choice Toledo to Canby.JPG

Edited by georger

(edited)

Reply to Tim Collins re podcast: how did Jo learn about the Heisson store robbery, and other details/people, in the Cooper case.  The answer is simple. It was Jo's contact who was an attorney in either Portland or Vancouver, I forget which. If Collins will go back and read my posts at DZ back when he was there supporting the Duane theory, I finally asked Jo directly about her contact in Portland?, the attorney she talked to weekly .... and all Hell broke lose. I had just revealed publicly one of Jo's major sources she used in her attempts to build a DB Cooper case for Duane. I forget the woman's name but will go back and see if I can find it. I can't believe Collins is still at this in support of Jo and Duane Weber.   

Jo had a number of sources she cultivated and used regularly, often daily for years, in her attempt to cultivate a case for Duane and herself. Remember the 'angel' that popped out of nowhere when Jo had been abandoned by a producer who gave up on Jo - that 'angel' who appeared magically out of nowhere to rescue Jo and give her a ride, was also one of Jo's regular contacts in Washington ... Jo just called the woman and the woman came to Jo's rescue. But in Jo's story it was divine intervention - just as Duane Weber was also DB Cooper. Who else! ? Its hilarious how gullible people can be... and how Jo relied on that to get what she wanted. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and nothing more!

Edited by georger

10 hours ago, georger said:

Lets take a concrete example of a Bayesian analysis, socalled. Evaluations/predictions in a Bayesian analysis are based on a statistical chain of events in time. Deviation from the chain requires a decision or some prior event or data with a large statistical bias, such that at some point in time there is a high statistical probability of a change. The FBI flight path is just such a case. See photo attached. According to different people 305 was faced with a decision at the Toldeo intersection. Go left (east) or continue (south - the west path).   How does Tim's Bayesian analysis make that decision, based on what? How does it predict where the plane will go, based on what? Moreover, if 305 had vanished off of radar just after passing Toledo, where would Tim's Bayesian analysis predict we would find the plane? This should be enlightening ? 

If Tim's analysis is a Bayesian analysis of the flight path then Tim must have predictive data which decides which direction 305 will go AT the Toledo intersection ?  But I am in the dark about what precisely Tim is claiming to have done, that requires a Bayesian Analysis, if that is what Tim has actually done ?

choice Toledo to Canby.JPG

It is in the podcast, 

It focusses on Cooper's characteristics vs Duane.

The analysis is interesting but flawed, IMO.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:24 AM, FLYJACK said:

I don't think it is the real Marla..  

Did the trolls stop after the last time you got an event canceled, NO, they increased and your reputation took a big hit..

This is a losing move anyway it plays out. 

If you are willing to potentially ruin an event for people who have nothing to do with that troll.. then only you will be held responsible for your actions.

Your vengeance is misguided and it will backfire.

I am not 'potentially ruining an event for people'. If this happens, they will accomplish that on their own. If people haven't learned a thing about me by now, they should learn THIS:  I don't take shit lying down. I call people out. I keep people informed. I seek what is fair. I do not give a shit about a 'reputation' in Cooperland. Are you kidding me? Do you think I want to be associated directly with people like Bruce Smith and Eric Ulis? One guy who supports hatred on his own website, (Bruce) and the other a hustler? (Eric) I have a poor rep in Cooperland already, and have for years...mainly because I DON'T put up with other Cooper folks' silly and juvenile attacks. I call them out. I do what needs to be done. I could not care less whether they like me or not, or leave me on their Christmas card list. This is not a popularity contest, folks. If it were, I would have skipped publishing at least a dozen illustrated articles at WordPress on the lies I have seen occasionally by other Cooper folk, and the backstabbing and hatred that goes on within that world. People come to me when they want the truth. 

They come to you when they want to have their backs scratched or told how cool and acceptable they are. This is anathema to my basic beliefs and personality. I am not a cheerleader and I don't suck up to people just to gain some kind of phony-ass 'acceptance'.

I leave that to the phonies and their supporters. 

I came back a couple of days early due to the weather. Big rainstorms moving in here soon and today was a dry day. So it was time to pack up and go home. I am deliberately avoiding looking at Bruce Smith's website until Thursday morning. If the same shit is there, I will do as I said I would. It may be pointless, but it is something I have to do. Don't want to do it, but I will. 

My best advice is for you guys to get hold of Bruce and Eric...quickly...and take care of business before I do. 

(edited)

Webs dot com finally fixed their problems and I was able to once again edit our main website. I also see they have taken down their 'your website is expired' junk. I updated billing to PayPal and once again they are automatically collecting their eight bucks a month for hosting. So everything is back to normal. 

I created a page for the July 2022 UFO Skywatch and DB Cooper Party. Susan and I decided we can still host ONE event per year. I have been up to the summit of Darland Mountain twice before, the location we chose for this event. It's probably the best drive-to viewing spot in the entire state of Washington, sitting at 6,900 feet. Anyone from Cooperland is automatically invited, although you must register first to attend. This is done mostly for your safety, and for us to know how much to budget. We are not allowed to register more than 75 people, otherwise we must obtain a special group camping permit, and we figure 75 is more than enough people anyway. 

Apps are already coming in. If you think you might be interested, don't wait too long. Like last time, we will have to cut it off at some point, and it doesn't take long for the UFO people to decide whether to go or not. Our last event near Mt. Rainier was reasonably successful, but we've already received inquiries (via Facebook mostly, not the AB website) numbering more than the total number of people who attended the Rainier event. This one is even more ambitious. I doubt we will have any trouble getting max attendance. 

All the info available for now is HERE.  This event will be listed later at the national site, MUFON. And at Facebook and the appropriate Meetup Group pages. As usual, there is absolutely NO charge to attend, but you must get on the list to go. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I don't remember the mention of Cooper smoking with the left hand.. 

Some people switch when they use their dominant hand.

Himmeslbach did note cigarette stains..

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/11/22/Folk-hero-to-some-sleazy-rotten-crook-to-others/7021533019600/

"Himmelsbach thinks other clues to Cooper being an ex-convict were the 'atrocious foul language' he used in talking to a stewardess and the way he smoked his cigarettes. Cooper was a heavy smoker and was indifferent to the fact that the smoke curled through his fingers and left nicotine stains, a trait Himmelsbach said is common among prison inmates."

but the FBI files say cigarette stains were on Cooper's right hand.

cigstainright.jpeg.a0d816f27e1f26ac33539deba120ba19.jpeg

15 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Dan has been saying the same thing for well over a decade.. He solved the case and is about to tell everything. He did a good job of flipping the interview to interrogating Darren then supporting Darren's views... a psychological ninja trick, appearing to be more knowledgable by agreeing with Darren. He is wrong on the airstair bump being the lowering action. The test proved that was not the case and the stairs lowered much earlier. That rookie error makes me think Dan's case knowledge is sketchy.

Disappointed Darren didn't ask his signature question,  "Was the bomb real.."  no, yes, maybe... I don't know man..

He also speculated,, jumpers would do this... or not this.. not true. Some did jump into the black. Cooper may not have jumped where he initially planned.

The thing I agree on is the bar of proof. Only forensics can put a suspect on the plane, DNA is partial and mixed and fingerprints are unconfirmed to be Cooper. This is what I have been stuck on.

It may be the best we can do is a circumstantial argument and that won't be good enough for many people.

If Dan's suspect is one of the common ones already scrutinized then he isn't Cooper.

Dan is really trying to sell it..  some Cooper people are great sellers like Ulis, but a solution doesn't need a salesman.

But we'll see. It will be interesting but I expect it will fall apart on examination.

'The thing I agree on is the bar of proof. Only forensics can put a suspect on the plane, DNA is partial and mixed and fingerprints are unconfirmed to be Cooper. This is what I have been stuck on.

It may be the best we can do is a circumstantial argument and that won't be good enough for many people.

If Dan's suspect is one of the common ones already scrutinized then he isn't Cooper.

Dan is really trying to sell it..  some Cooper people are great sellers like Ulis, but a solution doesn't need a salesman.

But we'll see. It will be interesting but I expect it will fall apart on examination...'

And sometimes things really ARE as simple as they appear. I agree that ever since a hustler like Ulis declared himself King of All Things Cooper, that Cooperland and any public activities related to it (lol except for the stuff AB does outdoors) has become one hell of a bore. 

I think 2021 has been a watershed year for Cooper and after the 50th anniversary comes and goes, that fewer people will care about him anymore. After some discussion with Susan and a few of the SUFON members, it's been decided to just ignore Bruce Smith and the crap he supports that is currently being spouted on his website. Truth is, he just isn't worth the trouble. Another truth is that when the same people who are breaking their butts and traveling long distances and renting cars and hotel rooms to attend Cooper Con get saddled with someone like Bruce...it just makes all of you look bad for not bringing him into line. 

I already have a boatload of emails from Cooper fans since about June asking if I will be at Cooper Con. Or if there WILL be a Cooper Con. (Most are not aware of Ulis and his Cooper Con site.) I tell these folks 'not a chance in hell'. Only I am nicer about it in my actual responses. I wish you guys luck, but without any self-policing going on in Cooperland among the participants, I would say Bruce is more of an embarrassment than a person who can draw a crowd. Eric Ulis is calling for a sellout. My prediction is probably between 60-80 people will actually show up. Other than the speakers. That has been the history of that event, more or less. Non-inclusiveness and the spreading of hatred and lies have a tendency to put off the public, especially when you ask them to shell out the bucks for you on one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year. It is a tough road sometimes. 

I'll take a guess here,,

Dan's suspect may be McCoy.. Dan was hinting at a disguise but Darren didn't bite.. Dan also mentioned the fuel trucks, McCoy gave very specific instructions for the fuel trucks. They don't really match Cooper's instructions.

McCoy was not Cooper.

More evidence Cooper did not land in the Columbia R.

Crew said they believed Cooper jumped after last contact at 8:05 based on sudden oscillation.

The call (timestamp) was 5 or 10 min later or 8:10 -8:15 that is The Lewis R to Battleground Vortac turn..

They also stated that the call is timestamped and they had not reached Portland yet but were in the suburbs (time of call). If the pilots are accurate, no way Cooper lands in the Columbia R.

cooperjump.jpeg.4214210c7ca4559af608ed5207ae8150.jpeg

(edited)

The Gryder video was mildly interesting. I prefer a more straight-to-the-point video when it comes to the Cooper case. (*inserts evil laugh HERE*) The opening scene is my high school girlfriend Georgia on the left, compared to still-free-and-UNcaught hijacker Cathy Kerkow. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 10/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, FLYJACK said:

I'll take a guess here,,

Dan's suspect may be McCoy.. Dan was hinting at a disguise but Darren didn't bite.. Dan also mentioned the fuel trucks, McCoy gave very specific instructions for the fuel trucks. They don't really match Cooper's instructions.

McCoy was not Cooper.

I've thought for years that McCoy was Dan's suspect. The "simulated gun" that Dan mentioned is what caused me to think McCoy as he used a gun made from dental paste in his prison escape.

If I remember correctly, the two women in the video were bank employees and were basically there because the money in the video was from the bank. It's been a minute, but I believe that was what was said.

(edited)

Hmm...I think Dan might be keeping track of posts at Dropzone/DB Cooper. The day after his video appears at Dropzone, it suddenly disappears from YouTube. 

As far as the money in the video actually being a real display of $200,000, this is unlikely. Banks are not in the habit of allowing their officers to just walk out the door with that kind of cash for a video. Could be possible, but I doubt it. Not without armed guards, signed releases, and the like. They won't even do something like that for a major movie company or a known cable or over-the-air TV network. They will insist on heavy security. Why would they do it for a guy like Dan?

Let's face it. The gun is a pellet gun. A phony. The money probably was too. I didn't watch the entire video and it was gone anyway when I tried to do it later. The women in the video might just be a couple of ordinary gals Dan asked to help him with his little production. If they were for real, they would have participated more than they did, and perhaps said the name of the bank who provided the money. 

Don't be gullible. The next thing you know, you will be signing up to attend one of our UFO/Cooper parties and starting to believe KC might actually have been the hijacker. You wouldn't want that to happen to you. (*laughs*) Or you might start believing in UFO's and alien abduction stories as well. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

No one is being gullible Robert. I told you who the women in the video are. They were employees of the bank. There may or may not have been armed guards outside of the camera shot, who knows? My guess is that Dan probably knew someone at that bank and made arrangements to have the video shot. I don't think it's that big of a deal. As far as the gun goes, of course it's a pellet gun. I don't think they would let him bring a real gun into the bank. He even said as much when he called it a "simulated gun".

I'll give Dan the same respect that I give anyone that has a suspect or theory. I'll listen with an open mind and make my own decision on whether I believe it or not. Dan seems to me like a pretty smart guy so I'm not going to pass judgement on what he has before I hear it. Hopefully he has something good. 

He did delete it,,  

I agree with Parrot.. it sounds like McCoy.

The interview with Darren is full of clues. Dan is clever, he probed Darren's mind with questions before committing to a narrative. Dan brought up Cooper having a disguise (like McCoy) but Darren shut it down so he didn't pursue it. The other clue was the positioning of the fuel trucks, McCoy gave specific instructions for the fuel trucks. The only suspect that we know did that,,, or do we...

McCoy was not Cooper but it is always interesting to hear the argument.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that Larry Carr volunteered to be the Cooper case agent, and was expecting to walk in, look at the evidence and prove McCoy was Cooper.

Not only did Carr not do that, he changed his mind to the point where he believes Cooper wasn't any of the known suspects and that Cooper must have died in the jump.

If you read the files, you realize just how much effort was put into investigating McCoy with a null result. McCoy was home at 10am on Thanksgiving day and was probably in Salt Lake city the day of the hijacking. None of the witnesses thought it was McCoy and he didn't fit the description or the FBI profile. The particles on the tie completely eliminate him.

• Like 1