22 22
quade

DB Cooper

9 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

. I do know some things about your background (most of the people who are well-known and have been heavily involved in the Cooper case here at Dropzone and at the Cooper Forum...I have run them on US Search at one time or another.)

That's creepy as hell. 

• Like 2

(edited)
4 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

That's creepy as hell. 

It's not creepy. Skipp Porteous and I were running backgrounds on everybody and anybody we thought were significant to the discussion of the case, or who we thought might possibly be involved in the crime itself. When he was alive, Skipp had a permanent monthly subscription (unlimited use) with Intelius and US Search. He was a private eye, you know. It's standard practice. He gave me access to that subscription for a long time. When he retired from the private eye thing, I used those services on my own pay-as-you-go. 

And besides...at one time some of you were using anonymous usernames and identities to attack me personally, or Skipp, or Greg the Techie Guy, or Gayla. Or you were working against us, even when we were trying to organize events positive to everyone involved in Cooperland. One of you made a death threat to the Auburn Ave Theater on the morning I was to appear there. (Some of) you played dirty tricks. (Some of) you were sending poison pen emails out to people we knew.

We're not stupid here you know. No big deal. I no longer try to organize Cooper-only events and you now have Eric Ulis for those things. 

However...I decided I wanted to know the nature of the creeps who engaged in that behavior. Most of you turned out to be fairly ordinary people, although I did find out that Bruce Smith has stretched the truth a bit (to put it politely) on a number of things, although nothing criminal or too weird. He just likes to invent his past life as a bit more than it really is. My past life is public record. I was a real hell raiser when I was younger. You don't know the half of it. (*laughs*) 

I wouldn't worry. Anyone's background and information can be discovered as long as you have a name, thirty bucks or so, and a debit or credit card. Even mine. Sometimes you don't even need a name if the person has an email address they use on the internet here and there. There is no real 'privacy' anymore. Your personal information is freely available these days, with the sensible exception of things like your SS number, which should not be in the hands of guys like US Search, Intelius, People Finder, etc...and are NOT there. And your medical history, which rightfully is not there either. Places you've lived, criminal records if any, court appearances and judgments, your relatives, your jobs, email addresses you have used publicly, your schooling, and your main social media hangouts are easy to discover. My three main social hangouts aren't even Dropzone. I mostly hang at Facebook, Infamous Nissan, and Quora dot com. 

Here is what is creepy:  When you ask me a question about Sheridan Peterson and his book...and then return two weeks after I gave you the answer and say zip about it. Your answer is just below the post I linked above. The post is your question about the book. Maybe you forgot you asked the question. Maybe you were busy. Maybe you were at McDonald's for the fries. B)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I have the DVD of his presentation, it is about 1.5 hours long..

He said.. the exact quote.

"about 28 miles North of Portland he (Cooper) jumped out of the airplane"

We both know if Cooper jumped over the Columbia based on the "pressure bump" timing Rataczak would have known.

The pressure bump could not have occurred over/near the Columbia based on Rataczak's statement.

northwest-airlines-b-cooper-hijacking_1_7283199d3cf317b36cc07b56d15e9c76.jpg.33f822b592b2337c1d5522f7d8053a20.jpg

Again, Rataczak did not have x-ray eyes to see through those cloud layers that were beneath the airliner and did not know what terrain they were over.

If Rataczak means 28 miles north of the Portland International Airport when Cooper jumped, then the so-called FBI flight path lists the airliner as being at that point at 8:07 PM.  So his statement does NOT even agree with the FBI flight path.

Edited by Robert99

(edited)
2 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Again, Rataczak did not have x-ray eyes to see through those cloud layers that were beneath the airliner and did not know what terrain they were over.

If Rataczak means 28 miles north of the Portland International Airport when Cooper jumped, then the so-called FBI flight path lists the airliner as being at that point at 8:07 PM.  So his statement does NOT even agree with the FBI flight path.

We cannot be sure if the pressure bump was caused when Cooper dropped the airstairs, or when he actually jumped and the resulting bounce from the stairs being relieved of his weight caused it. I doubt Cooper dropped the stairs and then just ran to the end and jumped. Three jet engines screaming above his head, the danger of descending those stairs while in flight, trying to decide whether to go down the stairs forward (VERY dangerous) or just back down the stairs. (A little more practical) It was probably a few minutes between the time he activated the release, and when he actually took his leap of faith. 

The main point is that due to the number of tracking sources that were locked onto that aircraft, as well as testimony from flight crew, it is known that Cooper did not wait until they reached the Columbia River to jump, nor was the flight miles west of where the FBI and the Brain Boys led by NWA's Paul Soderlind said it was. If you want to name one single person who very likely had the most input on that flight path map at the FBI's website, you can be sure it was Paul Soderlind, Director of Flight Ops. One of the smartest guys who ever sat behind the controls of an aircraft, prop or jet. They didn't put him into the Minnesota Aviation Hall of Fame for nothing, and some of the concepts he invented regarding passenger jet flight are still in use today. Soderlind was actively involved in the whole thing from the time the hijacking was announced by the pilots, and you can be sure he knew where Flight 305 was every second after it took off from SeaTac Airport that night. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

7 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Nice try, it was an estimate he said "about". I measured it 28 miles from Portland is about 8:10.  Rataczak also praised the FBI calculation of the quadrangle for the drop zone..

It is over, you gave it a shot and challenging things is a good thing and part of the process but part of the process is accepting when you are wrong.

There is no question or doubt about it. Rataczak supported the FBI LZ,, and since the crew saw the lights of Portland they knew where Portland was so they would have known if the "pressure bump" was over the Columbia. This is simple stuff. 

I have given you the evidence, if you want to ignore it that is up to you but it diminishes your credibility, some Cooper sleuths don't care about credibility.

(edited)
7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

We cannot be sure if the pressure bump was caused when Cooper dropped the airstairs, or when he actually jumped and the resulting bounce from the stairs being relieved of his weight caused it. I doubt Cooper dropped the stairs and then just ran to the end and jumped.

Yes, we can,,,

From Ratazcak's presentation..  Ratazcak was told that the stairs dropping would cause the nose to pitch 3 degrees,,, he was hand flying the plane at the time and confirmed that this actually happened when the stairs dropped. If the "pressure bump" occurred when the stairs dropped and the nose pitched he would have known it. So, the "pressure bump" was later and based on crew statements, comms and the sled test it is a virtual certainty that the so called "pressure bump" was caused by Cooper leaving the plane.

The only question is where exactly was the plane along the flightpath at about 8:10-8:13...

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
9 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Here is what is creepy:  When you ask me a question about Sheridan Peterson and his book...and then return two weeks after I gave you the answer and say zip about it. 

Actually, there is nothing creepy about that. I asked a question, you answered it and that was it. No need for further questions or dialogue.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

(edited)
On 10/6/2021 at 7:25 AM, FLYJACK said:

I was reviewing this video and there was a strange statement that jumped out..

This guy had the Sheriff's notes.. he read the top line on one page "ordered pilot to fly over I5"

We have always been told Cooper never gave path instructions.. the path did generally follow I5, it drifted East N of Portland but followed more closely S of Portland..

Either this was an error or it is true and was held back by the FBI.

It does make sense in that Cooper could potentially know where he was if he could see I5.

He may have ordered the pilot over I5 with the expectation that he could determine his location. Whether he did or not is another question.

from 2:45..

4:08  "ordered pilot to fly over I5"

Hard to read but the top line says... ordered pilot to fly over next line I5.

i5.jpeg.81aa27098ffbe43c87408756a6d76f84.jpeg

I got some pushback on this,,

Here is what it appears,,,  if Cooper ordered the pilot to fly over I5, due to conditions the pilots may not have been able to see the I5 lights all the way. North of Portland the path drifts miles East of I5 but South of Portland they were closer to I5. So, they may have been trying to follow I5 but couldn't see it the entire time..

The takeaway is that Cooper (if true) wanted to and expected to use I5 to determine his position, this is a basic aviator technique for night navigation..  Ultimately, Cooper may not have been able to see the I5 lights, we don't know.

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

I got some pushback on this,,

Here is what it appears,,,  if Cooper ordered the pilot to fly over I5, due to conditions the pilots may not have been able to see the I5 lights all the way. North of Portland the path drifts miles East of I5 but South of Portland they were closer to I5. So, they may have been trying to follow I5 but couldn't see it the entire time..

The takeaway is that Cooper (if true) wanted to and expected to use I5 to determine his position, this is a basic aviator technique for night navigation..  Ultimately, Cooper may not have been able to see the I5 lights, we don't know.

The above is nonsense.

Flyjack, the airliner was using VORTACs for radio navigation and not I-5.  And based on the weather the airliner was experiencing, it is highly unlikely that they could even see I-5 or any other ground objects in the first place.

(edited)

The above is nonsense.

Flyjack, the airliner was using VORTACs for radio navigation and not I-5.  And based on the weather the airliner was experiencing, it is highly unlikely that they could even see I-5 or any other ground objects in the first place.

This is why you are irrelevant.

Just from your statement it is clear you have no comprehension of these issues.

You fail to understand that when the crew noted they could see the lights of Portland that it means they knew where Portland was.

You fail to understand that if Cooper ordered the pilots to fly over I5 that doesn't mean they did or were able to at all times.

and you run to Shutter's site and make completely false statements.. to gain support. Why do you people always find it necessary to make false statements, are you that insecure.

You people are nuts. 

FACT: the Sheriff's notes say the pilots were ordered to fly over I5. I never claimed they were visually following I5, YOU ARE LYING.  We don't know if they were or could.

FACT: Rataczak said Cooper jumped ABOUT 28 miles North of Portland that is ABOUT 8:10. Ratazcak has said elsewhere that Cooper jumped at 8:10. 

rat810.jpeg

ABOUT 28 miles North of Portland is not even close to the Columbia River...  Rataczak was flying the plane by hand, he would know the difference.

Herding cats would be easier..

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
4 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

This is why you are irrelevant.

Just from your statement it is clear you have no comprehension of these issues.

You fail to understand that when the crew noted they could see the lights of Portland that it means they knew where Portland was.

You fail to understand that if Cooper ordered the pilots to fly over I5 that doesn't mean they did or were able to at all times.

and you run to Shutter's site and make completely false statements.. to gain support. Why do you people always find it necessary to make false statements, are you that insecure.

You people are nuts. 

FACT: the Sheriff's notes say the pilots were ordered to fly over I5. I never claimed they were visually following I5, YOU ARE LYING.  We don't know if they were or could.

FACT: Rataczak said Cooper jumped ABOUT 28 miles North of Portland that is ABOUT 8:10. Ratazcak has said elsewhere that Cooper jumped at 8:10. 

rat810.jpeg

ABOUT 28 miles North of Portland is not even close to the Columbia River...  Rataczak was flying the plane by hand, he would know the difference.

Herding cats would be easier..

Moreover - as TK believes, there is no way money can appear on a sandbar near Vancouver without some intervening story: Cooper survived and walked south, Cooper died but his money was discovered ... the plane did not fly over Tena Bar, the money did not fall at or near Tena Bar, . . .  that gap may never be filled. Given the facts currently understood, Cooper did not jump over or land in the Columbia River. (nothing supports a Columbia landing. Tosaw tried but could not get that theory to work!)

Edited by georger

7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Yes, we can,,,

From Ratazcak's presentation..  Ratazcak was told that the stairs dropping would cause the nose to pitch 3 degrees,,, he was hand flying the plane at the time and confirmed that this actually happened when the stairs dropped. If the "pressure bump" occurred when the stairs dropped and the nose pitched he would have known it. So, the "pressure bump" was later and based on crew statements, comms and the sled test it is a virtual certainty that the so called "pressure bump" was caused by Cooper leaving the plane.

I have to agree with that. The crew noted when the stair door was opened, and they noted the pressure bump, and they were separate events. Any movement by Cooper down or up the stairs would be a gradual change in the leverage of his weight on them. The one event that would cause a sudden change, and the 'bump', would be his jumping. And that was re-created in the tests.

• Like 1

(edited)
13 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Actually, there is nothing creepy about that. I asked a question, you answered it and that was it. No need for further questions or dialogue.

So stop asking me questions then. You only stop by Dropzone for one reason, and we both know the reason. I don't even KNOW you. Nor would I care to. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

So stop asking me questions then. You only stop by Dropzone for one reason, and we both know the reason. I don't even KNOW you. Nor would I care to. 

Blevins, are you saying that your private dick hasn't checked out ParrotheadVol?  Are you trying to give PV an inferiority complex?  Why doesn't he deserve to be vetted like everyone else?

(edited)

Blevins, are you saying that your private dick hasn't checked out ParrotheadVol?  Are you trying to give PV an inferiority complex?  Why doesn't he deserve to be vetted like everyone else?

Skipp Porteous has passed away and I don't like your cheap name for him. He was one of the best. Rock stars and famous actors hired him sometimes to do backgrounds, or to sweep their hotel rooms for bugs. 

I will answer your question though. I thought Parrothead wasn't significant enough in Cooperland to justify dropping another thirty bucks at US Search. No, I never ran him there. 

EDIT: 

I know the guy who has possession of the Cowlitz County Sheriff's notebook. The notebook itself is a record of what FBI agent Thomas Manning told the Sheriff on the night of the hijacking. I took some stills from that video as well. The guy who owns the notebook lives in the Longview, WA area and has said if I came to Longview, he would sell it to me. But all I really wanted was access to the notebook long enough to take high-res photos of all the pages. I may get around to this someday. He is on my friends' list at Facebook. His sister as well. They were regulars at the Ariel parties. 

Next July, Susan and I (in cooperation with SUFON (Seattle UFO Network) are tossing one big-ass party near the summit of Darland Mountain. Last time we did this Skywatch Party it was one heck of a lot of fun and all of you missed it, although two Cooper folks were in attendance. If anyone in Cooperland is interested, it will almost certainly be held the weekend AFTER Independence Day, aka Friday through Sunday, July 8/9/10, 2022. You can expect an 'eclectic' crowd for sure. Word got around the UFO groups after we did last summer's event and we have people jumping on board for this one in greater numbers. Some of these people have to be seen to be believed. It was three days of sheer fun last time for sure. Anyone and everyone in Cooperland is invited, but be warned...it is a long way to Darland Mountain from the main road and you have to go to Yakima first to get there. Of course when you get there you can see the entire Cascade chain from Mt Hood in Oregon all the way up to Mt Baker in northern WA. Mt Adams, St Helens, and Rainier are also visible. Probably the best view you can drive to in the entire state...the camping spots are unofficial and at 6,900 feet elevation. Some pictures below. The lake is just below the summit. 

Darland1.jpg.7122565de6faaf083237f043f0c4a1d6.jpg

Darland2.jpg.c9fe70df74b81cee6c0f323d9c6b0ea5.jpg

Darland3.jpg.cd3c5c3dc6f031daf5cadaa6798ef98f.jpg

Darland4.jpg.7b3c10a44513da11f8ebcb30237f9144.jpg

Darland5.jpg.75341a11e176f66abe6ada0052a34a1a.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

11 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Lol, there may be some people out there that are capable of giving me an inferiority complex. Hell, there may even be some on this forum. However, Robert Blevins is not one of those people.

1 hour ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Lol, there may be some people out there that are capable of giving me an inferiority complex. Hell, there may even be some on this forum. However, Robert Blevins is not one of those people.

Okay, smart guy. My problem with you has nothing to do with personalities. You have a built-in dislike for me, right from the start. The only reason you stop by Dropzone isn't to discuss the case, or even to have some fun doing it as I sometimes do. You come here occasionally to hack on me about this or that. Frankly, I think it's simply jealousy. Despite you and (some) of your friends' best efforts, I continue to hold successful events regarding Cooper, or at least partially Cooper these days....the book by Skipp and I continues to sell even better than it did when we first released it in 2011, and for all the years you and (some) of your friends have come after me on the internet - using both real identities and the occasional phony one - you haven't managed to slow us down or have the slightest effect on our success. Not a smidgen, not one bit. 

The truth is I have been successfully dealing with this junk for years now and I am quite used to it. Must be frustrating for you guys I would think. You toss everything but the kitchen sink at me...and all that happens is we gather more fans than ever, and sell books in numbers great enough to have a real effect on our daily life. 

For example, I ordered three items this week to make camping and other events easier...and it was done with royalties I earned from LSI back in June. They pay three months back, in case there are any returns. ^_^ When books are going out by the caseload on orders to LSI (Lightning Source/Ingram), life can be good. If anything, you and (some) of your friends' negativity has had exactly the opposite effect you intended. It actually drives normal people to us, wondering what we are really all about. That is no big secret. We're an open book and I think book buyers appreciate that. They appreciate that a lot more than people who snipe at others from behind the rock of anonymity. You guys are so 2010...

I only used a small portion of the royalties from that month to buy the items below. Admittedly, it was one of our best months in years, although the hits just keep on coming as they say. This is also why I promote the idea that if you want real success with a book, even a book with a limited market, you should stay off the retail-only junk via Amazon and go worldwide wholesale trade rate with Ingram/LSI. You guys simply do not listen, and once in a while I have heard some whining from one Cooper author or another on why their book doesn't sell that much. Easy answer. Bookstores, book jobbers, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers will not consider a book they can't get at the wholesale trade rate, which is 50-55% off the price printed on the cover. There is no money in it for them. It's a 'help me, help you' sort of thing like the Jerry Maguire movie. 

If you guys ever learned how to cooperate in Cooperland like the UFO people do, and set aside your differences (like the UFO people do)...you would become downright dangerous. 

omg-cat-awesome-shocked-stunned.jpg.8df796a4d69a9a2ae71e66d4432ad5c0.jpg

Firebowl.jpg

EurmaxCanopy.jpg

Core9.jpg

Robert, go back and look at my first several posts on this forum and it will be clear that I did not have a dislike for you from the start. It took me a while to figure you out. But, I won't even say that I dislike you now. That being said, I do think that you are a liar, I think that you are a troublemaker that isn't happy unless he's stirring up some shit. I think that you think that you are better than everyone else and you enjoy talking down to people. I think you could greatly benefit from some psychological help. If that doesn't work then perhaps you should find yourself a good church or maybe go buy yourself a hooker or something. But do something, you clearly need some help.

• Like 1

(edited)
8 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Robert, go back and look at my first several posts on this forum and it will be clear that I did not have a dislike for you from the start. It took me a while to figure you out. But, I won't even say that I dislike you now. That being said, I do think that you are a liar, I think that you are a troublemaker that isn't happy unless he's stirring up some shit. I think that you think that you are better than everyone else and you enjoy talking down to people. I think you could greatly benefit from some psychological help. If that doesn't work then perhaps you should find yourself a good church or maybe go buy yourself a hooker or something. But do something, you clearly need some help.

You don't even KNOW me. So your assumptions about me are based on almost nothing. I don't lie to people regarding our investigation into Christiansen and Geestman...if I did that I wouldn't have named true names and contact information of witnesses in our 54-page illustrated report to the Seattle FBI. They probably would have frowned on that, don't you think? Perhaps they send agents out to check at least portions of the report. If they discovered everything was a lie, they would have ended up at my door, possibly with a warrant for my arrest. But everything has been an open book. Especially when we gave names of other witnesses and the identity of one of their own, a senior agent out of Quantico named John Jarvis. 

Your comment was upvoted by Georger, who until recently was not allowed to post at Dropzone because he was banned for personal attacks on other users. I'm glad he is back, although I still remember him trying to call me at home around midnight on the day he was banned. Which would be around 2 AM where he lives. Water under the bridge. 

I don't 'stir up shit'. It is you and *some* of your friends who do that. I merely respond to all that, which I find juvenile and ridiculous. At least when I speak out against someone or something, I do not try to hide my responsibility for those posts. Some of the people who do this in Cooperland were identified by Greg the Techie Guy making absolutely filthy comments about me, Gayla Prociv, Skipp Porteous, and Greg on forums or Cooper-related articles in places other than Dropzone and the Cooper Forum. Places like the Texas lady's (Regina Winkles, an accountant for a meat packing company) WordPress article on Kenny Christiansen, for example. Over 300 of these comments appeared before WordPress deleted her account. She did not deserve this, and tried to make you guys stop but she couldn't delete the comments fast enough. However....some of the people making these comments...your buddies at the Cooper Forum mostly...forgot that when you comment to WordPress it also leaves a record of your IP address and other information, even if you use a phony email address and phony identity to make the comment. And Regina Winkles was kind enough to provide that information to me...and that's how Greg discovered their true identities. But in the end, you and some of your friends, in your pathetic attacks on me and the people I know, sacrificed that woman's hard work at WordPress. She was permanently banned and all her articles were deleted. Nice going. 

You and your friends are so unbelievably jealous of our success regarding Cooper that you have actually hurt discussion about the case itself, and tried to sabotage events we either held (Ariel Store party, final one in 2016) or did not hold because of the relentless attacks. YOU folks are the ones who need help, not me. YOU are the ones who spend your time causing trouble. You are driving the public away from the case, and after the 50th anniversary comes and goes, all you will have left is a small group of the same old faces you've seen or heard from for years. You are not getting the public to participate, and interest in the case is waning. True public participation in the Cooper case comes down to a few select people, mostly a hard core group who believe they can do no wrong...even when they do. You have absolutely no self control, and no self-policing within that so-called Cooper Experts group regarding anything you do or say on the internet. Because of this, the public mainly ignores you and your credibility is shit. Sheridan Peterson's book is stolen and ruined for any real publication, thereby cheating his family out of royalties...and none of you speak up about it.

So I did it for you.

We proposed a Cooper gathering with free admission, live music, free buffet, a famous young actor willing to appear, the cast of Decoded, and payment for ALL scheduled speakers...and unbelievably some of your friends started in with the trashy, lying emails to the sponsors. Then you found out I was only helping to organize it, and was going to be in San Diego that weekend anyway. Maybe I should have mentioned that at the start. Even the guy offering the free venue (owner of Mississippi Studios in Portland) was appalled and withdrew the venue. We even had a check in four figures ready to pay speakers like Bruce Smith, Tom Kaye, Cooper book authors, and others. That was the LAST time I ever committed money to anything public solely for Cooper fans and researchers. You don't deserve our help and that is the truth. You support each other in a sort of back-slapping club thing, but have no moral center. 

My eyes were opened when I started dealing with the UFO/Bigfoot/Abduction folks. I found out that this jealousy and hatred inside Cooperland is unique to Cooperland, and the same behavior is not shared by other groups who investigate controversial subjects. The UFO folks have greatly differing beliefs and theories. Far more apart on things than anything Cooper. Yet they still work together well, have fun, and hold more successful events than Cooperland has ever accomplished in their wildest dreams. When we held the Skywatch Party last July, some of the attendees told me "You should move away from all that. (Cooperland) They project negative energy..." I found that a bit funny but it did make sense. As far as Cooper events, you still have Eric Ulis running those things for Cooperland, albeit at a cost, but you better get behind him because frankly, he is all you have left. Geoff Gray, a guy who your friends have lied about more times than I can count, told me once that he would never get involved in the discussion because he knew what you folks were all about. And your friends (with your support) lied about him as well, crediting him with saying things about me that were not true. And your friends did this without offering the slightest shred of proof. When I asked Geoff about these things, he assured me he said none of them. And he wanted no part of the discussions in Cooperland anyway.  

This proves Geoff Gray is smarter than me, I guess. And that it is not me who should be looking for help. You guys simply need to be honest with yourselves and develop a sense of right and wrong among yourselves. Otherwise you will have no credibility and minimum interest from the public. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Snow is wrong,, Shutter is 100% correct..

The sled test proved that the "pressure bump" was caused by Cooper exiting the aircraft. The movie stunt is irrelevant, the conditions were not the same.

Here, before the sled test they had determined from recordings that the bump was either Cooper exiting or going down the stairs. The test showed no significant pressure change when they descended the stairs.

recorderbump.jpeg.be806dd2c647b5a4142909c4d9ad44a3.jpeg

Further,

We are missing a big piece that the FBI had used in their analysis.. the cockpit recording when Rataczak said he just took leave of us...

For people to still claim that the FBI got it wrong or were confused with no evidence to support that claim and with less information than the FBI had at the time is just ridiculous.

The FBI had various communications records, cockpit voice recordings, FDR and fresh crew memories...

voicerecorder.jpeg.4af53cfb3b531c018ce3a8f37b8437c9.jpeg

367270606_airdrop20test202.thumb.jpg.208dd6541c822b75bf6e10fa9e0e8d42.jpg.b99fa54740df66b828aadd82c4c9ba5f.jpg

littlepresschangewalkstairs.jpg.69d4b3343129eaac943f9b6cd1ddb9e9.jpg.3fa3bafe4f648e10554f0ac7af65890d.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 3

(edited)

Sounds like 811 PM to me...

Flyjack says in part:

'For people to still claim that the FBI got it wrong or were confused with no evidence to support that claim and with less information than the FBI had at the time is just ridiculous.

The FBI had various communications records, cockpit voice recordings, FDR and fresh crew memories...'

EXACTLY. I could not have put it better myself. There are a few things we do agree on, and that is one of the biggies. Once I discovered that Paul Soderlind of NWA (and his team) were heavily involved in figuring out where 305 was after it left Seattle, as well as the jump point for Cooper, I began to trust the results of the flight path map one hell of a lot more.

Soderlind may not have been a genius, but he probably could have held a decent conversation with Einstein. B) He was definitely no slouch. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Remember there was also that "little bob" at approximately 8:09 found on the FDR..

There is no doubt that the "pressure bump" felt by the crew was caused by Cooper leaving the airplane. 

Since the times for all the different comms were not synchronized and were rounded up or down at source, the debate is where exactly the plane was at about 8:10-8:13..

Rataczak flying the plane by hand would have known if he was over the Columbia, they knew where Portland was. In his presentation he agreed with Soderlind's analysis.

In that presentation he said that they were flying unpressurized and the rate of climb/descent pressure gauge is used to measure cabin pressure when pressured to regulate and make it comfortable.. Since they were unpressurized, when the gauge goes to the extreme 10,000 ft there is a physical bump felt. Ratazcak said he got on the horn and said that, he took leave of us mark it.. << that communication is not available to us. Soderlind used this to create the early LZ.. further data supported this LZ with some very minor tweaks. Rataczak called Soderlind a genius.

I believe based on crew statements that the oscillations were the movement of the needle on the gauge, not felt, the so called "pressure bump" was the extreme movement on the needle (oscillation) which was felt as a bump..

According to the crew there were minor movements (oscillations) for some time, they increased rapidly and were reported by the crew ending in an extreme needle fluctuation and bump felt by the crew..  this happens in seconds, not minutes.

When the crew reported those oscillations in the cabin they were seeing a rapid increase on the gauge, the bump was the final extreme oscillation. 

From the crew's perspective the difference between the oscillations and pressure bump was magnitude. It was not a distinct event that occurred 7-8 minutes later. It was a rapid increase in needle fluctuation with a final extreme fluctuation and a physically felt "bump".

The sled test confirmed that the gauge reacted the same as during Norjak.

I don't see any evidence that puts Cooper jumping over the Columbia, only contradictory. The zone is from the Lewis R/Merwin to Battleground.

Edited by FLYJACK

20 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Once I discovered that Paul Soderlind of NWA (and his team) were heavily involved in figuring out where 305 was after it left Seattle, as well as the jump point for Cooper, I began to trust the results of the flight path map one hell of a lot more.

Soderlind may not have been a genius, but he probably could have held a decent conversation with Einstein. B) He was definitely no slouch. 

Just a question out of simple curiosity:

Clearly you are impressed with Soderlind, and most likely rightfully so. But the way you worded that begs the question, were you aware of Soderlind before you studied 305 and the Cooper case, or was your study of the case how you became aware of him. If you were previously aware of him, how so, what brought him to your attention?

3 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

Just a question out of simple curiosity:

Clearly you are impressed with Soderlind, and most likely rightfully so. But the way you worded that begs the question, were you aware of Soderlind before you studied 305 and the Cooper case, or was your study of the case how you became aware of him. If you were previously aware of him, how so, what brought him to your attention?

He was just part of the research prior to the book. That eighteen months or so I was running around the Northwest. Never actually met him of course.