22 22
quade

DB Cooper

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

No Snow,

Your dismissal is hereby rejected.

Dan Cooper: cigarette stains on right hand.

and Georger agreed... you guys need to up your game if you want to solve this.

OK, this is hilarious Georger tried to mock me for posting the facts but he reads the wrong description... the top one is Eugene Cooper, the bottom one is Dan Cooper.. 

I am being ridiculed from a position of shear ignorance.. can't make this stuff up.. HAHAHA...  I can't take it....  this is hilarious.

Learn to read FLYJACK,,  HAHAHA.. stop it man you are killing me.

Snow is still lost,, what a train wreck.

cigstain.jpeg.95d0b74acb89da4c773a91d1687e9fc3.jpeg

fine. you can believe whatever you want.

I stated what I believe.

I'm pissed you're not focused on me more.

This thread is about me, damn it.

And when is the fuel truck going to be done?

If I'm trolling and you're responding: why?

Don't feed the troll. If I'm so obviously wrong, why do you respond? You have a weak spot that's easily poked.

With a stick.

4 minutes ago, snowmman said:

So Flyjack.

Who's description of cooper was "laboring type man"

Was it a stewardess as the 1988 fbi report says or no?

inquiring minds, etc.

That isn't necessarily attributed to the stewardess in the doc.

The Cooper game is 3d chess, you are playing tiddlywinks.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, snowmman said:

fine. you can believe whatever you want.

I stated what I believe.

I'm pissed you're not focused on me more.

This thread is about me, damn it.

And when is the fuel truck going to be done?

If I'm trolling and you're responding: why?

Don't feed the troll. If I'm so obviously wrong, why do you respond? You have a weak spot that's easily poked.

With a stick.

You are trolling Blevins.

I was just trying to be helpful and post the facts for the wider Cooper community, if you guys copy it and choose to reject it that is up to you. Don't blame me for your confusion.

But, you have to laugh at Georger's misfire, classic Georger. Mr misinformation.

and Snow, if you notice Georger never has anything himself other than criticisms or praise, he rides on others work for attention,,, heads up.

Edited by FLYJACK

8 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

You are trolling Blevins.

I was just trying to be helpful and post the facts for the wider Cooper community, if you guys copy it and choose to reject it that is up to you. Don't blame me for your confusion.

But, you have to laugh at Georger's misfire, classic Georger. Mr misinformation.

and Snow, if you notice Georger never has anything himself other than criticisms or praise, he rides on others work for attention,,, heads up.

okay.

Yes I will admit I have a soft spot for georger built up over the years, and he gets a free pass from me.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, snowmman said:

okay.

Yes I will admit I have a soft spot for georger built up over the years, and he gets a free pass from me.

That soft spot is from him kissing your ass.

The cigg stains may have been a hold back that got out inadvertently.

Edited by FLYJACK

Chaucer, Chaucer, Chaucer, MiniG...

So wrong. So sad.

Chaucer talked to his expert and announced that the Lewis R was laughed at so it must be eliminated..

The Lewis River has the East Fork which runs South of the Lewis and had an historic flood in 1972. the East Fork passes very close to Heisson. Right in the FBI Cooper LZ..

The mouth of the Lewis was frequently clamshell dredged and material barged upstream.

Chaucer claims to be the voice of reason and logic,,, he asked his "expert" the wrong question and ran with the wrong answer, eliminating a potential TBAR explanation.

Ask your so called expert about the East Fork Lewis in 1972,, then apologize.

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Oops, how did everyone miss this clue for 50 years, seems to be very important.

Cooper.. 1 inch high black hair...  that doesn't fit most suspects... (and adds an inch of height as well)

1inchhighhair.jpeg.c4c16f8c0688b391469d283f9e354ce2.jpeg

That 1 inch applies to his height.  Cooper was 6 feet and 1 inch (or 73 inches) tall.  His hair color was black.

I just got word that Chaucer is back on the DB Cooper Facebook group. He left the group before because he didn’t like it and posted some childish goodbye. He’s been kissing snowmman’s ass over at the DB Cooper Forum too. 

Chaucer what is your angle? Are you still trying to get people to listen to you?

If anyone has the post he made on Facebook quitting that group, please post it or send it to me. 

(edited)
On 9/15/2021 at 8:17 AM, Para-DZ said:

I just got word that Chaucer is back on the DB Cooper Facebook group. He left the group before because he didn’t like it and posted some childish goodbye. He’s been kissing snowmman’s ass over at the DB Cooper Forum too. 

Chaucer what is your angle? Are you still trying to get people to listen to you?

If anyone has the post he made on Facebook quitting that group, please post it or send it to me. 

I will send it to you. Or not. What the hell...I've quit Dropzone a dozen times. What's your point?

Fortunately, I have extricated myself from the Cooper Vortex and now have other goals. They mostly include stargazing, camping in the high country, and generally having fun. My only real Cooper-oriented obligation is to bring important issues to the fore if I find it necessary, and to answer the unending questions about Cooper that come in to my email from people I mostly don't know. 

Because I have been involved since late 2008, it is a duty I cherish. But my attitude about others involved in the Cooper case, my feelings about some of them are well known. (*smiles*)

whywait.jpg

Vote here, Yes/No. Did you actually listen to the R.E.M. song? If not, there is something wrong in your soul.

Fix it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Too tough on you? This proves simply that I own this thread, not Snowmman, which IS actually spelled with ONE M, no matter what he claims. (*laughs*) 

I may be a lot of things, but someone who stole Sheridan Petersen's book and published it for 25 bucks a pop in paperback at Amazon and cheated his family out of the royalties due them isn't one of them.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

20 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Too tough on you? This proves simply that I own this thread, not Snowmman, which IS actually spelled with ONE M, no matter what he claims. (*laughs*) 

I may be a lot of things, but someone who stole Sheridan Petersen's book and published it for 25 bucks a pop in paperback at Amazon and cheated his family out of the royalties due them isn't one of them.

Gotta have something you're willing to plead to, when the FBI comes at you for murder etc.

(edited)
On 9/22/2021 at 11:49 PM, snowmman said:

Gotta have something you're willing to plead to, when the FBI comes at you for murder etc.

Whatever, buckwheat. And then I see you talking trash about Sheridan over at the Cooper Forum as well. People have put you up to me as some Holy Man in the Internet Search Game. And I actually had some respect for you at one time. That's long gone. As the co-founder of a small (but HONEST) US trade publisher in wholesale...your blatant ripping off of Sheridan's book and then foolishly publishing it at a ridiculous retail price...thereby cheating his family out of any future royalties (beyond the five or six sales a year you will probably get via Amazon) makes me have absolutely no respect for you at all. 

I know at one time you thought you were doing Sheridan a favor by putting his book in print and letting him enjoy that, see that. But after he died you should have cooperated, stood aside, and let the pros take over. He should be in worldwide distribution through Ingram and his family receiving modest royalties for life. Instead, you stole his book, laughed at my efforts to make you see reason, and CHEATED HIS FAMILY. 

I don't want you to forget what he looked like. I will post a couple of pictures below, and a link to his biography, which is more impressive to me than yours.

SheridanPetersonMug shot,CHINA, 1992

sheridan-peterson-parachutist

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Hey, did the rest of you get a chance to see my new 2009 Nissan Xterra? If I ever decide to go hunting down D.B. Cooper witnesses again, I will be ready. Has the Fosgate stereo with the woofer that blows off the doors and runs like a champ. That 4.0 liter six banger really wants to cut loose. Low mileage rig, too. You have to control it a bit at the gas pedal. I already did some mods and switched to LED on the forward lights. B)

2009Xtterra1.jpg.aad48e2756b42d593babe83e89833e07.jpg

2009Xterra2.jpg.5a9c12dccaee67ae01b87067f30e31c3.jpg

Xterra3.jpg.7ed817efeb32739f17871b4cb63d9ef6.jpg

We're just a couple of crazy kids. 

Fine.jpg.c4985a8fc600d3cb81ad99626769019f.jpg

WAIT. Not THEM. We are below. My bad. 

RobAndSusan.jpg.f509d798702b64ad6c9fad78685a3038.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Nice truck Robert. 4 Liter engine. Nice to have the towing power but is it a gas hog? Many aftermarket LED “upgrade” headlight bulbs that are installed in place of incandescent actually perform worse. It depends on the type of headlight reflector and lens. I went full circle from incandescent to HID to LED and now I am back to the original incandescent bulbs. Live and learn. The Candlepower Forum is full of real experts, optical engineers and such.  

You wrote “Fortunately, I have extricated myself from the Cooper Vortex and now have other goals.”  Nobody extricates themselves from the Vortex. The recent UFO feint didn’t fool me. 

I’m one of the few people who haven’t dissed you online, ever.  I do, however, think your accusations against Snow for “ripping off” Sheridan Peterson are undeserved. I knew Sheridan and know Snowmman. To imply that there was a material financial gain misappropriated by Snow is just absurd. Sheridan’s book is hardly a best seller to put it mildly. I doubt if it has sold even 25 copies. Snow put a HUGE amount of work into editing and improving Sheridan’s book. He was alternately praised and ripped by Sheridan regarding this selfless work. Sheridan did the same to me. One moment he was singing my praises but these good times were inevitably followed by disrespectful and inaccurate accusations. He published posts accusing me of being FBI and CIA. He also accused me privately of hacking his computers and his cell phone, a complaint he made about many others. Truth is he was a novice and gullible user who screwed things up himself and consistently mistook the results of his own missteps for malicious third party hacks. I did occasional pro bono work for him mainly to prevent evictions. He had a real knack for pissing off landlords and fellow residents. Eric Ullis also helped keep Sheridan housed. Sheridan was mercurial to say the least. Still, I really liked Sheridan. He was a troubled soul who just could never find peace or maintain long term friendships. If he found peace he’d wreck it, every single time. 

Sheridan’s book is far more readable after Snow’s editing. He didn’t change anything Sheridan said in the first edition. He just did what any good editor does. He cleaned up clumsy structure and syntax. Working with Sheridan must have been trying. You experienced some of that. I’m a very patient person and I found it hard to help him.  

Was SP DBC? I honestly don’t know. If someone could credibly tag Sheridan as a smoker I’d be less inclined to exclude him. Nobody has done that to the best of my knowledge. 

Edited by 377

(edited)

377 says in part:

"I’m one of the few people who haven’t dissed you online, ever.  I do, however, think your accusations against Snow for “ripping off” Sheridan Peterson are undeserved. I knew Sheridan and know Snowmman. To imply that there was a material financial gain misappropriated by Snow is just absurd. Sheridan’s book is hardly a best seller to put it mildly. I doubt if it has sold even 25 copies. Snow put a HUGE amount of work into editing and improving Sheridan’s book. He was alternately praised and ripped by Sheridan regarding this selfless work. Sheridan did the same to me. One moment he was singing my praises but these good times were inevitably followed by disrespectful and inaccurate accusations. He published posts accusing me of being FBI and CIA. He also accused me privately of hacking his computers and his cell phone, a complaint he made about many others. Truth is he was a novice and gullible user who screwed things up himself and consistently mistook the results of his own missteps for malicious third party hacks. I did occasional pro bono work for him mainly to prevent evictions. He had a real knack for pissing off landlords and fellow residents. Eric Ullis also helped keep Sheridan housed. Sheridan was mercurial to say the least. Still, I really liked Sheridan. He was a troubled soul who just could never find peace or maintain long term friendships. If he found peace he’d wreck it, every single time. 

Sheridan’s book is far more readable after Snow’s editing. He didn’t change anything Sheridan said in the first edition. He just did what any good editor does. He cleaned up clumsy structure and syntax. Working with Sheridan must have been trying. You experienced some of that. I’m a very patient person and I found it hard to help him.  

Was SP DBC? I honestly don’t know. If someone could credibly tag Sheridan as a smoker I’d be less inclined to exclude him. Nobody has done that to the best of my knowledge..."

Many of those things you say about Sheridan are true. But Snow was well aware AB of Seattle was trying to work a deal with Sheridan at the same time Snow was working with him. OUR version of the book, (and I have editing skills too)...was a release for Kindle at around five bucks, one in paperback at around 13.99 retail, and with worldwide wholesale-availability distribution through Ingram/Lightning Source. Jobbers could get it for about eight dollars a copy, so thousands of them list it for sale because there is a profit in it for them. At retail-only, and especially at 25 bucks, few will list it. All of this, including the ISBN cost and upload costs, were offered to Sheridan for free. I NEVER implied that Snow was making money from Sheridan's book. How could he? No one will buy it using his ridiculous publishing model, which I advised him against doing. 

Look at the case of our Cooper book, Into The Blast as an example. It's not much of a book, not really. Not even 150 pages. And yet more than ten years after its release we are still getting orders by the case from different book jobbers around the world. (A 'case' is determined by the size of the book itself and in Blast's case that is 52 copies in a case order.) Amazon for us is frankly peanuts. That's not where your book sells if you are distributing in wholesale through the biggest provider of paper books on Planet Earth...INGRAM, and their printer/distributor/shipper with outlets on every continent except Antarctica, Lightning Source. 

My main beef with Snow is that because he continues to allow Sheridan's book available only at a ridiculous 25 bucks a pop in retail...that Sheridan's family is being cheated out of royalties, and that Sheridan's book should be selling better than it is. But no one is going to buy a paperback at $25 a pop plus shipping...not very many people anyway. He is not doing Sheridan or his family any favors here. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Robert, I’ll concede that you know much more than any of us about publishing and distribution but ponder this for a moment: Sheridan’s book has very limited appeal. Even if it were sold for  $5 I doubt that it would sell more than a few dozen copies. It’s interesting to me because it gives insight into a person I knew. On its own merits as a novel it hasn’t and won’t sell well. Price isn’t the reason. Content is. I hope Snowmman makes a cheap version available (Kindle?) to test my prediction. Sheridan made efforts to get Oliver Stone interested in the book. That went nowhere. I found the book interesting and gave it a positive review but I’m well aware that my interest is unique and not based on literary merit. What’s your personal opinion of the book? I suppose with MAJOR revisions it had a possibility of success, but Sheridan would never ever allow it. Not a chance. As it stands, none of the editions will get much attention from readers outside of the Vortex. If, however, it were proven that SP was DBC it would likely sell like crazy just based on the fact that it was written by Cooper. You are reasonably convinced (but not 100% certain) that Kenny C. was Cooper so perhaps it’s hard for you to envision such a turn of events. 

I’m jumping again after taking a break for Covid safety. Vaccination rates are now very high in my area which gives me some protection. Skydivers still get more than their share of STDs. Jumpers obviously aren’t the best group for rationally managing health risks, especially if it requires reducing a thrill. Fortunately they seem to embrace Covid vaccination.

Edited by 377

(edited)
19 hours ago, 377 said:

Robert, I’ll concede that you know much more than any of us about publishing and distribution but ponder this for a moment: Sheridan’s book has very limited appeal. Even if it were sold for  $5 I doubt that it would sell more than a few dozen copies. It’s interesting to me because it gives insight into a person I knew. On its own merits as a novel it hasn’t and won’t sell well. Price isn’t the reason. Content is. I hope Snowmman makes a cheap version available (Kindle?) to test my prediction. Sheridan made efforts to get Oliver Stone interested in the book. That went nowhere. I found the book interesting and gave it a positive review but I’m well aware that my interest is unique and not based on literary merit. What’s your personal opinion of the book? I suppose with MAJOR revisions it had a possibility of success, but Sheridan would never ever allow it. Not a chance. As it stands, none of the editions will get much attention from readers outside of the Vortex. If, however, it were proven that SP was DBC it would likely sell like crazy just based on the fact that it was written by Cooper. You are reasonably convinced (but not 100% certain) that Kenny C. was Cooper so perhaps it’s hard for you to envision such a turn of events. 

I’m jumping again after taking a break for Covid safety. Vaccination rates are now very high in my area which gives me some protection. Skydivers still get more than their share of STDs. Jumpers obviously aren’t the best group for rationally managing health risks, especially if it requires reducing a thrill. Fortunately they seem to embrace Covid vaccination.

I get a booster shot next Thursday. Look...the reason we release in wholesale worldwide via Ingram/LSI (Lightning Source) is because ANY book will sell SOME copies at the wholesale rate. Steady as rain. These books are available at 50-55% off the retail cover price to tens of thousands of book jobbers, other wholesalers, wholesale jobbers at Amazon, bookstores, and normal retailers. So you always get some sales each year. Sheridan's family could expect to make a few hundred bucks a year in sales, even on a book that isn't too good. Our plan was to have a family member set up a PayPal account, since LSI/Ingram will pay to those accounts now. Then we direct LSI to send all monthly payments for Sheridan's book to that PayPal account, like they do for AB of Seattle. All we have to do after that is pay the $12 a year to keep the book in the worldwide LSI print database. Should we decide to go out of business, then his family would have to pay the 12 dollars a year to keep collecting on sales. But we have no intentions of quitting, and either my daughter Phoebe, or my daughter Sara will take over if I no longer want to do the book stuff. 

I have not seen the book yet, no. But I am sure I could edit it better than Snow did and make it more interesting. Many happy customers. And frankly...I would do a cover re-design on it. The book will never sell with a cover like the one it has now. Out of the 60 or so books I have edited for other authors in the last 16-17 years, only ONE author was unhappy with the results. I don't rewrite an author's work. I just make them look better on paper. And I am not bad on cover design, either. 

coronasoftcover.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
8 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Robert - simple question: Why did you not propose all of this to Sheridan himself when you were in contact with him?

I did propose all of this to him. But at the same time, Sheridan was pissed off one minute and confused the next about Snow and his editing of the book. Like 377 said, Sheridan was always a bit mercurial about everything. One second he seems okay about Snow's work, the next he is wanting to report him to the FBI. (I pointed out to Sheridan that copyright violation was a civil matter mostly, but I sent him a copy of his copyright record anyway, the one from the Library of Congress.)

So...I finally gave up and let Snow do his thing, although I advised him not to assign an ISBN to the book, since that leaves a permanent worldwide record of it. If this was to be a vanity publication, done mostly to provide a copy to Sheridan and for a few folks to show around at some Cooper Con...then so be it. This is done all the time. 

When I saw the book appear at Amazon at a whopping $25 a copy in paperback, plus shipping, I knew Sheridan was getting cheated. And when he died, then his family was being cheated. Sheridan spent years writing and fussing over that book and whether it became a world-beater or not, he deserved better. First...'they' (Cooperland) accuse him falsely of being Cooper. They wrap it up by stealing his book and publishing in a way that guarantees almost no one will ever see it. 

So...HELL YES I GOT FRICKIN' ANGRY about that. Oh, yes I did. I'm the head of a reasonably successful US trade publishing company operating in wholesale. I respect copyright and think all violators should burn in hell. Okay...maybe purgatory anyway. 

The one and only way to make this right, to DO right by Sheridan and his family is for Snow to provide me with a copy of the book in Word format, not PDF, and put me in contact with at least one of Sheridan's closer family members so I can set up royalties with them. 

And then...he should remove his version of the book from Amazon. Three months down the road, I will have everything set up for Sheridan's book to be released for the Amazon Kindle, and in trade paperback at wholesale...with all royalties going directly to that family member. There is no other way. Anyone who doesn't think this is the right thing to do by Sheridan has no moral center.  

EDIT: Below is one of the many emails we (AB of Seattle) exchanged with Sheridan during the time Snow was doing his thing with the book. CLICK on the picture to view it full size. Use your back arrow to return to this post. If you close the picture, you will also close the post. 

SheridanMail1.1.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Kind of off-topic but AB of Seattle has decided to host another UFO Skywatch Party next July. But this time we're doing it at the second-highest place you can drive to in WA state. Darland Mountain out of Yakima. (Google map it and take a good 3D look around to see why we picked this spot. I have been up there a couple of times, so it is no big deal to me. As some of you know, my main squeeze Susan and I are Event Organizers for SUFON. (Seattle UFO Network, an offshoot of MUFON, the national group.) Cooper folk are more than welcome to attend if they wish. I made a proposal post about this with pictures at SUFON, and on my Facebook page.

But...since my Facebook page is set to friends only, and has restrictions on tagging etc anyway...I thought I'd better toss out our idea to Cooper fans. 

It's going to be another big party, like the one we did last July 9-11, which....despite some negative comments from Cooperland...turned out a great success. Everyone had the time of their lives, but not all SUFON members attended, and we only had a couple of Cooper folk there. 

But....word got out that we tossed one hell of an event even though we got less than fifty people, and now enthusiasm for a repeat performance is greater than ever. I can understand why some Cooper folks might want to drop twenty bucks a seat to sit at the Kiggins Theater and listen to hustler Eric Ulis make his pitches and talk about how he took people on a Cessna ride around the historical spots. Me, I would rather hit the bricks in those places on the ground, but that's just me. 

MY idea of Cooper fans getting together is much simpler. You show up. You have fun. We do the movies, the loud music, the night vision cameras, the folks who believe they've been abducted, the people who have seen UFO's or at least believe in them. They tell stories. They drink beer. They do other legal stuff allowed in the Evergreen State. Sometimes they get BBQ. The Cooper guys lay out their theories and mix themselves another drink while talking to you. 

You see, folks...that is MY idea of a gathering, or having real fun with the case.

And that is the difference between me and others in Cooperland. Honey badger just don't give a damn, as the saying goes. 

Our next event will almost certainly be next July, after Independence Day. If you would like to join the Planning Committee, or want to know more, I am not hard to find.