22 22
quade

DB Cooper

Recommended Posts

To me, those are separate issues.

As per Blevins' account of Hayden's rigs - Everything Hayden said in Blevins' interview could be true and accurate, same with the FBI report he uses to back that up. All of it could be accurate as per Hayden's rigs. (And Cossey may or may not have owned those rigs at some point.)

Completely separate, is whether or not Cossey also supplied other rigs, and how that may have happened.

They are not mutually exclusive. Each could have supplied rigs, unbeknownst to the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

To me, those are separate issues.

As per Blevins' account of Hayden's rigs - Everything Hayden said in Blevins' interview could be true and accurate, same with the FBI report he uses to back that up. All of it could be accurate as per Hayden's rigs. (And Cossey may or may not have owned those rigs at some point.)

Completely separate, is whether or not Cossey also supplied other rigs, and how that may have happened.

They are not mutually exclusive. Each could have supplied rigs, unbeknownst to the other.

They are separate issues in theory but when you add in the other evidence it becomes clearer.

I found that the chute Hayden got returned was sent from Reno, that confirms SN 226 was left on the plane..

Tosaw reported that Cooper checked the packing cards.. that isn't confirmed in the FBI files but they do claim SN 60-9707 packing card was found in the remaining chute.. SN 226.

The FBI confirmed that both of Hayden's chutes were packed by Cossey May 21, 1971 matching the dates for SN 226 and 60-9707. Those two cards most certainly represent both of Hayden's chutes. 

So, we have two packing cards, same date matching Hayden's two chutes found on the plane. SN 226 was returned to Hayden, the other missing.

It isn't direct evidence but close.

 

But, the real problem is we have assumed that Cossey owned the chutes prior to Hayden, he has never claimed that and there is no evidence for it. Cossey claimed he directly supplied his chutes. 

The belief that Cossey owned the chutes prior to Hayden is a made up assumption based on nothing. 

Essentially, the ownership Cossey claimed was him supplying the back chutes and with the two packing cards from the plane matching Hayden's chutes Cossey's claim is false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

To me, those are separate issues.

As per Blevins' account of Hayden's rigs - Everything Hayden said in Blevins' interview could be true and accurate, same with the FBI report he uses to back that up. All of it could be accurate as per Hayden's rigs. (And Cossey may or may not have owned those rigs at some point.)

Completely separate, is whether or not Cossey also supplied other rigs, and how that may have happened.

They are not mutually exclusive. Each could have supplied rigs, unbeknownst to the other.

The parachutes were obtained in a hurry, basically by people scrambling around and trying to find them. Someone thought of trying Sky Sports, so two officers from the Washington State Patrol went there. They only spoke to Linn Emerick. Cossey was not there. He was at home in Woodinville. If he HAD been there...Emerick would not have handed out a phony chute by mistake. Cossey would have noticed that. 

Someone thought to contact Norman Hayden. Hayden agreed to send his two chutes up to SeaTac in a cab, which he did. He told NWA it would be a RENTAL, NWA later sent him a check but just the one and not enough to cover the cost of two parachutes. This is why Hayden later had a lawyer send a request to the FBI to return the chute Cooper did not jump with. So they returned it. Now it's in a museum. 

That is the whole story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The parachutes were obtained in a hurry, basically by people scrambling around and trying to find them. Someone thought of trying Sky Sports, so two officers from the Washington State Patrol went there. They only spoke to Linn Emerick. Cossey was not there. He was at home in Woodinville. If he HAD been there...Emerick would not have handed out a phony chute by mistake. Cossey would have noticed that. 

Someone thought to contact Norman Hayden. Hayden agreed to send his two chutes up to SeaTac in a cab, which he did. He told NWA it would be a RENTAL, NWA later sent him a check but just the one and not enough to cover the cost of two parachutes. This is why Hayden later had a lawyer send a request to the FBI to return the chute Cooper did not jump with. So they returned it. Now it's in a museum. 

That is the whole story. 

Robert,

You don't have a grasp of this issue so your logic is wrong.

You have consistently used Hayden's story to disprove Cossey.

Hayden can be 100% accurate and Cossey can be 100% accurate. 

Both could have sent in chutes, only two were used and both assumed their chutes were on the plane.

However, Cossey's story fails not because of Hayden's story but because of the other evidence.

 

So, ironically your summary above is accurate (except that Emerick should have also ID'd the dummy) but the logic you used to get there is faulty.

 

and it is not the whole story...

For 50 years, investigators used the Cossey supplied Cooper back chute description. If that description was wrong the chute may have been found. That could tell us where Cooper landed and if he pulled and potentially survived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2021 at 7:02 AM, FLYJACK said:

I get tired of misrepresentations and straw-man nonsense. Georger does this all the time.

I never claimed to know when Cossey made the chute or how many dummy chutes existed between Sheridan's time at Issaquah and Norjak.

When you process all the information it is extremely unlikely the dummy chute Sheridan is referring to is the same one that Cossey made that went to Cooper. If you want to believe something else go ahead.

I think all I said was that your timeline was inaccurate.

I think your timeline makes sense now.

All the other stuff you've written, sure, I understand you're trying to describe your thinking. Thanks.

I think you don't need to tell people to "go ahead".  People "go ahead" without permission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snowmman said:

I think all I said was that your timeline was inaccurate.

I think your timeline makes sense now.

All the other stuff you've written, sure, I understand you're trying to describe your thinking. Thanks.

I think you don't need to tell people to "go ahead".  People "go ahead" without permission.

I can say whatever I want and you can think whatever you want, that doesn't need to be said, SNOW.

It is comments like yours that remind me why I don't share most of my research.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

I can say whatever I want and you can think whatever you want, that doesn't need to be said, SNOW.

It is comments like yours that remind me why I don't share most of my research.

 

I don't care what you share or don't share. Do whatever.

Why are you posting so much if you don't want to share or converse?

You seem angry about something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
3 hours ago, snowmman said:

I don't care what you share or don't share. Do whatever.

Why are you posting so much if you don't want to share or converse?

You seem angry about something.

He's pissed off because when he starts pushing Fred Hahneman as the hijacker, and I point out a few problems with that...he refuses to provide a single witness or proof of anything that possibly links Hahneman to the Cooper crime. 

My biggest problem with Hahneman is that he pulled off a similar hijacking just a few months after Cooper did, and that he (Hahneman) was caught and sent to Federal prison for ten years...and somehow no one was able to link him to the Cooper crime. Like that thought (Hahneman might be Cooper as well) never occurred to the FBI? When I brought that up, and the fact they had old Fred in the slammer for ten full years...Flyjack hints that Hahneman was being protected by someone higher up...but never bothers to offer a bit of evidence showing that this was the case. 

Excuse me for living, but the Feds had Hahneman on ice for TEN YEARS. If they even had a suspicion he and Cooper were the same guy, it would not have been difficult for the FBI to prove it. They could have paraded in the witnesses to the prison. FBI agents would have been visiting him at least twice a month for that ten years he was in custody. Everyone from the ticket agent, to the passengers, to the stews. Someone would have recognized him because it was only a few months between Cooper's little stunt and Hahneman's hijack to Honduras. Hahneman was nationwide news and his picture was plastered on every paper in America. His fingerprints were in the NCIC database as well. He is what you call a 'known quantity'. 

Yet so far...there are no real references to him in any of the FBI files on Cooper. My take on that is that the FBI must have figured out early on in the game that Hahneman was not Cooper. I told Flyjack:  "Maybe they know something (about Hahneman) that YOU don't know..." 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

He's pissed off because when he starts pushing Fred Hahneman as the hijacker, and I point out a few problems with that...he refuses to provide a single witness or proof of anything that possibly links Hahneman to the Cooper crime. 

My biggest problem with Hahneman is that he pulled off a similar hijacking just a few months after Cooper did, and that he (Hahneman) was caught and sent to Federal prison for ten years...and somehow no one was able to link him to the Cooper crime. Like that thought (Hahneman might be Cooper as well) never occurred to the FBI? When I brought that up, and the fact they had old Fred in the slammer for ten full years...Flyjack hints that Hahneman was being protected by someone higher up...but never bothers to offer a bit of evidence showing that this was the case. 

Excuse me for living, but the Feds had Hahneman on ice for TEN YEARS. If they even had a suspicion he and Cooper were the same guy, it would not have been difficult for the FBI to prove it. They could have paraded in the witnesses to the prison. FBI agents would have been visiting him at least twice a month for that ten years he was in custody. Everyone from the ticket agent, to the passengers, to the stews. Someone would have recognized him because it was only a few months between Cooper's little stunt and Hahneman's hijack to Honduras. Hahneman was nationwide news and his picture was plastered on every paper in America. His fingerprints were in the NCIC database as well. He is what you call a 'known quantity'. 

Yet so far...there are no real references to him in any of the FBI files on Cooper. My take on that is that the FBI must have figured out early on in the game that Hahneman was not Cooper. I told Flyjack:  "Maybe they know something (about Hahneman) that YOU don't know..." 

Clueless Blevins.

I haven't been pushing Hahneman, what I do is correct misinformation. You keep bringing him up because you know KC isn't Cooper and you are threatened.. You make crazy assumptions and have no facts.

I have a very good reason not to go into details, besides you aren't worthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Clueless Blevins.

I haven't been pushing Hahneman, what I do is correct misinformation. You keep bringing him up because you know KC isn't Cooper and you are threatened.. You make crazy assumptions and have no facts.

I have a very good reason not to go into details, besides you aren't worthy.

I don't live for your worthiness or lack of it. Don't flatter yourself. 

And I do NOT 'know' that KC is not the hijacker. There is certainly a fair amount of evidence and witness testimony indicating that perhaps he was. The only people who are dead-set against that possibility are...(wait for it now)....OTHER armchair Cooper investigators. That reaction is normal. If anyone, and I mean ANY one were to ID Cooper for real, most of the discussions would stop and some people would have nothing left to fill their time at Cooper-related websites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I don't live for your worthiness or lack of it. Don't flatter yourself. 

And I do NOT 'know' that KC is not the hijacker. There is certainly a fair amount of evidence and witness testimony indicating that perhaps he was. The only people who are dead-set against that possibility are...(wait for it now)....OTHER armchair Cooper investigators. That reaction is normal. If anyone, and I mean ANY one were to ID Cooper for real, most of the discussions would stop and some people would have nothing left to fill their time at Cooper-related websites. 

Just a fact, you aren't worthy. You just aren't a high level thinker and you are disrespectful.

Regardless, I can't give details and have a very good reason. I have told some people privately.

Clearly, if you concluded Hahneman could not be Cooper based on your lack of knowledge and gross assumptions then why do you keep pestering me about details. 

Both you and Georger have the same problem, you both judge a suspect based on the advocate, not the facts. It isn't my responsibility to educate you on the facts, I am not selling anything.

Your attacks on me are irrelevant as to Hahneman being Cooper or not.

Your argument is I won't give you the evidence I have so Hahneman isn't Cooper.. this is literally void of logic and insane.

I actually prefer people reject Hahneman. 

Yes, you know KC isn't Cooper, he doesn't match the description at all.. he did resemble Sketch A but that was revised to the more accurate Sketch B. The case for KC is nonsense. You can patch together a similar case for thousands of people.. you did a lot of work patching together one for KC.

In 2004 Lyle told the FBI he had no evidence. HINT, there is none.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
Quote

 

Yes, you know KC isn't Cooper, he doesn't match the description at all.. he did resemble Sketch A but that was revised to the more accurate Sketch B. The case for KC is nonsense. You can patch together a similar case for thousands of people.. you did a lot of work patching together one for KC.

In 2004 Lyle told the FBI he had no evidence. HINT, there is none...

 

Lyle didn't talk to the FBI in 2004. Not as far as I know. But you are right when you say Lyle didn't provide any evidence. That was done by myself, Skipp Porteous, Geoff Gray to an extent, and by the investigation. Lyle only suspected his brother might be Cooper, but he didn't know for sure.

The case for KC is a lot stronger than you think. Witnesses make pretty good evidence sometimes. Especially when they give the same stories and haven't seen each other for many years. The public report ran on for more than fifty pages, and I have a tall boy dresser pretty well full of files and pictures relating to the investigation. You keep telling me I 'know' KC isn't Cooper. Boy have you got me pegged wrong. Of COURSE I think he's Cooper. I also believe that not only did Bernie Geestman instigate the whole thing, but assisted in the crime. And then he tried lying to everyone later. 

One sketch, another sketch. Does it really matter that much? It was obvious the witnesses differed on many points anyway in their descriptions of Cooper. The sketches are not photographs. 

CooperChristiansenpicbestCC.thumb.jpg.ed87c775efeeab60d95b90b2a1dd9084.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
18 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Lyle didn't talk to the FBI in 2004. Not as far as I know. The case for KC is a lot stronger than you think. Witnesses make pretty good evidence sometimes. Especially when they give the same stories and haven't seen each other for many years. The public report ran on for more than fifty pages, and I have a tall boy dresser pretty well full of files and pictures relating to the investigation. You keep telling me I 'know' KC isn't Cooper. Boy have you got me pegged wrong. Of COURSE I think he's Cooper. I also believe that not only did Bernie Geestman instigate the whole thing, but assisted in the crime. And then he tried lying to everyone later. 

One sketch, another sketch. Does it really matter that much? It was obvious the witnesses differed on many points anyway in their descriptions of Cooper. The sketches are not photographs. 

You see, he did in 2004 and you don't even know it.

I'd post it for you but you are too disrespectful.

The worst evidence, the lowest grade is personal opinions,,, that is the KC case. No evidence.

Sketches aren't photographs but KC isn't swarthy/olive complexion, latin in features and characteristics..  that is the basic requirement for any Cooper suspect. 

The FBI revised sketch A because some witnesses thought it was poor and they wanted to add the olive complexion and more age..

The FBI stated that sketch B is the most accurate.

You simply reject the facts to maintain your narrative. You are not a serious person.

 

Edited by FLYJACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blevins,

The ultimate irony is that KC was investigated in 2004,, you reject Hahneman because he was looked at but don't apply the same standard to KC..  hypocrisy and irrational.

I don't believe being investigated rejects a suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

I have an image in my mind. An old man calls a press conference. He walks up to the lectern with an old parachute, a stack of twenties, and other definitive proof that he is in fact D B Cooper. But nobody hears a word he says, because the entire audience is engaged in an old west saloon style brawl, with fists and chairs flying everywhere.

 

 

Edited by dudeman17
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
12 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Blevins,

The ultimate irony is that KC was investigated in 2004,, you reject Hahneman because he was looked at but don't apply the same standard to KC..  hypocrisy and irrational.

I don't believe being investigated rejects a suspect.

KC was NEVER investigated by the FBI, unless they did some checking on him later after they received all our submitted files and pictures, as well as our lengthy report. The only time KC was ever 'investigated' was when Larry Carr heard about KC back in late 2007 and read the Geoff Gray article in New York Magazine. Based on that alone...and nothing else...Carr rejected KC as possibly being Cooper. But at the time this happened, no one was checking out Bernie or Margie Geestman, or talked to anyone who might actually know some information linking KC to the crime. People like Helen Jones, or Bernie's niece Denise R, or Geestman's sister, the lady who got that $5,000 in cash from KC through her brother Bernie. Nobody knew anything about these people or even how they related to the crime until Skipp Porteous and I started checking them out. And that didn't happen until late 2009-early 2010 I believe. 

Yes...I heard something about Lyle calling up the FBI before he got around to contacting Skipp Porteous, but as I tell people sometimes, Lyle didn't know one way or another if his brother was really Cooper...because he didn't know any of the people KC knew...people who were holding on to facts related to KC and Geestman's possible guilt. Lyle just 'thought' his brother might be Cooper based on a TV show. It wasn't until Skipp and I started doing our thing, and running down these people for interviews that we found out the 'real deal' on KC and Geestman. 

I will tell you and everyone else this:  I find it very coincidental that we sent the Seattle FBI everything we had on these guys the last week of July in 2015...and they announce the case is being closed the following June. Maybe it means nothing. Maybe it meant everything. Two months after they officially closed in 2016, senior FBI agent John Jarvis tells three friends that the real reason the case was closed was because they knew Cooper was dead, and he answered affirmatively when Troy Bentz asked him if he meant Kenny Christiansen. I don't know what people expect from me. Jarvis was working in Behavioral Profiling out of Quantico at the time and had solved some high-profile cases. Was with the FBI for 15 years at that point. I would call that pretty damning evidence. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

KC was NEVER investigated by the FBI, unless they did some checking on him later after they received all our submitted files and pictures, as well as our lengthy report. The only time KC was ever 'investigated' was when Larry Carr heard about KC back in late 2007 and read the Geoff Gray article in New York Magazine. Based on that alone...and nothing else...Carr rejected KC as possibly being Cooper. But at the time this happened, no one was checking out Bernie or Margie Geestman, or talked to anyone who might actually know some information linking KC to the crime. People like Helen Jones, or Bernie's niece Denise R, or Geestman's sister, the lady who got that $5,000 in cash from KC through her brother Bernie. Nobody knew anything about these people or even how they related to the crime until Skipp Porteous and I started checking them out. And that didn't happen until late 2009-early 2010 I believe. 

Yes...I heard something about Lyle calling up the FBI before he got around to contacting Skipp Porteous, but as I tell people sometimes, Lyle didn't know one way or another if his brother was really Cooper...because he didn't know any of the people KC knew...people who were holding on to facts related to KC and Geestman's possible guilt. Lyle just 'thought' his brother might be Cooper based on a TV show. It wasn't until Skipp and I started doing our thing, and running down these people for interviews that we found out the 'real deal' on KC and Geestman. 

I will tell you and everyone else this:  I find it very coincidental that we sent the Seattle FBI everything we had on these guys the last week of July in 2015...and they announce the case is being closed the following June. Maybe it means nothing. Maybe it meant everything. Two months after they officially closed in 2016, senior FBI agent John Jarvis tells three friends that the real reason the case was closed was because they knew Cooper was dead, and he answered affirmatively when Troy Bentz asked him if he meant Kenny Christiansen. I don't know what people expect from me. Jarvis was working in Behavioral Profiling out of Quantico at the time and had solved some high-profile cases. Was with the FBI for 15 years at that point. I would call that pretty damning evidence. 

KC was investigated in 2004.

Now, are you going to take back your nonsense and apologize or double down on wrong.

You can't have it both ways Blevins. Your assumptive argument against Hahneman also applies to KC.

kcinv.jpeg.e1d8deb91b6b282a9420b46e6065c299.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

So far, I have identified 80 TBAR bills from many sources.. including the top bills from 11 of the 12 Ingram stacks. (remember they kept 4 bills and handed them over later so the top ones may not be the actual top ones)

B09090997B 1963 A TBAR
C13871652A 1963 A TBAR
D27112759A 1969 TBAR
E41933578A 1969 TBAR
E61102414A 1963 A TBAR
E65330757A 1963 A TBAR
F07553334A 1969 TBAR
G00061029B 1969 TBAR
G03072381B 1969 TBAR Kept by Ingrams later turned in
G21056376B 1963 A TBAR
G45632911B 1963 A TBAR
G54783796B 1963 A TBAR
I03006119A 1969 TBAR
I03389775A 1963 A TBAR
I06638737A 1969 TBAR
J09534759A 1969 TBAR
J12657135A 1969 TBAR
J16396253A 1969 TBAR
J20209868A 1963 A TBAR
K03654750A 1969 TBAR
L01781113A 1969 TBAR
L01842041A 1969 TBAR
L02882111B 1963 A TBAR
L03160387B 1963 A TBAR
L03166965B 1963 A TBAR
L04461895* 1963 A TBAR
L06832736A 1969 TBAR
L10919321A 1969 TBAR Kept by Ingrams later turned in
L12650395A 1969 TBAR
L12907861A 1969 TBAR
L19629118B 1963 A TBAR
L20210452A 1969 TBAR
L20211452B 1963 A TBAR
L20301456A 1969 TBAR
L29575638A 1969 TBAR
L29859540B 1963 A TBAR
L30008289A 1969 TBAR
L32700814A 1969 TBAR
L32987392A 1969 TBAR Kept by Ingrams later turned in
L34047759A 1969 TBAR
L34212082A 1969 TBAR
L34403254A 1969 TBAR
L34458940A 1969 TBAR
L34589413A 1969 TBAR
L34628654A 1969 TBAR
L34641262A 1969 TBAR
L36246726A 1969 TBAR
L36692532A 1963 A TBAR
L38138140A 1969 TBAR
L38513685A 1969 TBAR
L43214579A 1969 TBAR
L47621840A 1969 TBAR
L48603996A 1969 TBAR
L48628301A 1969 TBAR
L49839325B 1963 A TBAR
L51079019B 1963 A TBAR
L51236377B 1963 A TBAR
L51303841A 1969 TBAR
L55066857A 1969 TBAR Kept by Ingrams later turned in
L57110577A 1969 TBAR
L66606663B 1963 A TBAR
L68886415B 1963 A TBAR
L69210458B 1963 A TBAR
L72525838B 1963 A TBAR
L72738527B 1963 A TBAR
L73000558B 1963 A TBAR
L75500928B 1963 A TBAR
L86567062A 1969 TBAR

 
 
 
11 OF THE 12 STACKS TOP BILL

H27412938A 1963 A TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
I02442844A 1969 TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
I02591811A 1969 TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L09781412A 1969 TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L20452751A 1969 TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L20848242A 1969 TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L30706882B 1963 A TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L35399523B 1963 A TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L53307222A 1969 TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L55376548B 1963 A TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
L55479078B 1963 A TBAR TOP BILL OF 12
 
 
FRAGMENT FOUND ON TOP 

E06379503* 1963 A TBAR TOP BILL OF 12 FRAGMENT
 
 
 
 
.
Edited by FLYJACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

New episode out now! Couple of shoutouts to my pal Flyjack. Hopefully I did an okay job paraphrasing your parachute research bro. Come on the show Flyjack! 
 

Yes, accurate...

Putting all the info together, this may not be exact but close.

 

Cossey is contacted at home about getting 2 back and 2 front chutes.

He tells them to grab the two fronts and two of his backs from Issaquah.

Linn Emrich is contacted to obtain the chutes at Issaquah.

Hayden is contacted and sends his two back chutes in by cab. 

Linn Emrich grabs a good front reserve and practice front reserve which he claimed was an error. Back chutes are no longer required from Issaquah.

The police drive the two front chutes in to Seattle Airport.

The back chutes are described as a tan luxury and an olive drab with tan cloth harness.

The two fronts and Hayden’s two back chutes go to the plane.

Cossey is contacted and told that a tan Pioneer back chute was left behind. Cossey claims his other chute was a NB6/8 nylon sage green container and nylon sage green harness 28 FT.

The packing card for a Pioneer SN 60-9707 is found in the chute left on the plane. Either Cooper put it there or somebody in Reno did.

The chute SN 226 is noted in FBI files as being forwarded from Reno. That confirms it was the one left on the plane.

Chute SN 226 was eventually returned to Hayden and subsequently repacked.

Cossey packed SN 226 and SN 69-9707 May 21, 1971. Hayden purchased the chutes from a surplus store and they had the chutes repacked by Cossey. 

BOTH OF HAYDEN'S BACK CHUTES PACKED MAY 21, 1971 BY COSSEY PER FBI. SN 226 and SN 60-9707 both packed May 21, 1971. Chute SN 226 was returned to Hayden,, chute SN 60-9707 is missing.

The FBI asked Cossey several times for his records.

Cossey claimed he gave the FBI all he had. He didn't.

Cossey later claimed his back chutes were sent from his home and that he owned the back chutes and he never heard of Hayden. They weren't.

Cossey claimed his back chute left on the plane was returned to him. It wasn't.

Cossey described his back chute left on the plane as a B-4 sport freefall chute. It wasn’t.

 

 

What happened,, Cossey thought the two back chutes were his from Issaquah and gave the FBI the description of the chute he assumed Cooper used based on a tan Pioneer being left in the plane. Cossey's back chutes were not sent from Issaquah. Cossey must have figured this out but never admitted it, instead he changed his story to support his error. When it became more public that Emrich only supplied the two fronts Cossey changed his story to the chutes being sent from his home.

There is no evidence other than Cossey’s assumption that the chute Cooper used was his NB6/8 nylon sage green container/nylon sage green harness 28 FT.

All the chutes found were rejected based on Cossey’s description. The Cooper chute may have been found already and rejected due to Cossey’s description.

 

The FBI relied on Cossey’s assumption, they must have figured this out eventually.

The packing card found on the plane missing a chute is likely the one Cooper used..

MAKE: Pioneer Parachute Co.
TYPE: 24' Ripstop Conical 
SERIAL NO: 60-9707
DATE OF MFR: July, 1960
INSPECTED BY: May 21, 1971 by E J Cossey on riggers license number 159638
PACKING CARD: listed Brown Engineering Company, Post Office Box 1436, Patterson, California, 95363.
 
Chute was described early as Olive Drab container and Tan cotton harness.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
13 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

KC was investigated in 2004.

Now, are you going to take back your nonsense and apologize or double down on wrong.

You can't have it both ways Blevins. Your assumptive argument against Hahneman also applies to KC.

kcinv.jpeg.e1d8deb91b6b282a9420b46e6065c299.jpeg

I see all that stuff, but it doesn't amount to much. What was done was probably as a result of Lyle calling the FBI. But it wouldn't have gone very far. 

NWA purged employee files of anyone no longer working for the airline every five years. (Source: Bruce Kitt, curator, NWA History Museum.) In 2004, Kenny had not been with the airline for about a dozen years. The company handling any retirement pension payments for NWA might have some information, but possibly not there either, since Kenny had been dead and not receiving payments for ten years when the FBI got the word on him. 

Military Records: Pretty much the only two things existing on KC after the July 1973 records fire in St Louis was his DD214 and his enlistment record. Everything else went up in smoke like those millions of other records. We know this because we tried to get them and was told that was all they had. 

The person in Tacoma, WA referred to is Robin Powell, and he was never contacted by the FBI. He and his former wife lived with KC the last couple of years he was alive. Powell is semi-homeless and still lives in Tacoma. He has an extensive record, mostly for domestic violence issues (he beat up his own mother once) and drugs/alcohol. 

However...since you have established KC did make the suspect list at some point, this only makes me believe that when they received our 54-page report and the DVD with the video, and the CD with the image files on our investigation into KC and Geestman and a few others...that they might have taken it more seriously than just KC's brother calling them up, and pointing to his brother as a suspect. They were getting calls and letters suggesting possible suspects all the time. Few were taken far, or very seriously. 

Prior to the submission of our final report and all those documents/images, whatever...they knew all this stuff was coming when it was ready...and they specifically asked for us to get it to them when it WAS ready. In other words, they wanted to see what we had. So we did. And you can believe me when I tell you we had a lot more for them than just Lyle Christiansen calling them up because he saw a TV show on Cooper. B)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I see all that stuff, but it doesn't amount to much. What was done was probably as a result of Lyle calling the FBI. But it wouldn't have gone very far. 

NWA purged employee files of anyone no longer working for the airline every five years. (Source: Bruce Kitt, curator, NWA History Museum.) In 2004, Kenny had not been with the airline for about a dozen years. The company handling any retirement pension payments for NWA might have some information, but possibly not there either, since Kenny had been dead and not receiving payments for ten years when the FBI got the word on him. 

Military Records: Pretty much the only two things existing on KC after the July 1973 records fire in St Louis was his DD214 and his enlistment record. Everything else went up in smoke like those millions of other records. We know this because we tried to get them and was told that was all they had. 

The person in Tacoma, WA referred to is Robin Powell, and he was never contacted by the FBI. He and his former wife lived with KC the last couple of years he was alive. Powell is semi-homeless and still lives in Tacoma. He has an extensive record, mostly for domestic violence issues (he beat up his own mother once) and drugs/alcohol. 

However...since you have established KC did make the suspect list at some point, this only makes me believe that when they received our 54-page report and the DVD with the video, and the CD with the image files on our investigation into KC and Geestman and a few others...that they might have taken it more seriously than just KC's brother calling them up, and pointing to his brother as a suspect. They were getting calls and letters suggesting possible suspects all the time. Few were taken far, or very seriously. 

Prior to the submission of our final report and all those documents/images, whatever...they knew all this stuff was coming when it was ready...and they specifically asked for us to get it to them when it WAS ready. In other words, they wanted to see what we had. So we did. And you can believe me when I tell you we had a lot more for them than just Lyle Christiansen calling them up because he saw a TV show on Cooper. B)

So, the FBI did investigate KC in 2004 and KC was never discovered to be Cooper...

You claimed Hahneman wasn't Cooper because the FBI would have figured it out.

If you believe KC is Cooper and he was investigated then you can't reject Hahneman OR you must reject both.

 

Checkmate Blevins, you can't have it both ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

So, the FBI did investigate KC in 2004 and KC was never discovered to be Cooper...

You claimed Hahneman wasn't Cooper because the FBI would have figured it out.

If you believe KC is Cooper and he was investigated then you can't reject Hahneman OR you must reject both.

Checkmate Blevins, you can't have it both ways. 

I wouldn't call what the Seattle FBI pursued on KC in 2004 an investigation. None of the people who were interviewed about him either by Geoff Gray or myself were ever contacted by the FBI. I imagine they blew off Kenny right away as Cooper because they couldn't believe it was an inside job, and didn't know the people Kenny knew. It took 18 months of traveling around the Great Northwest and hunting people down for interviews, with Porteous running the background checks for me...to get to the truth of the matter. Can I say without any doubt that Kenny was Cooper? Not really. But despite all the quacking and bitching from other Cooper investigators, we still presented the best evidence against any suspect to date. And we did that by making everything completely transparent and public. The entire report, everything we had...with a few extra things to the Seattle FBI that we did NOT reveal publicly. I figure we just leave it at that and let people decide for themselves. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I wouldn't call what the Seattle FBI pursued on KC in 2004 an investigation. None of the people who were interviewed about him either by Geoff Gray or myself were ever contacted by the FBI. I imagine they blew off Kenny right away as Cooper because they couldn't believe it was an inside job, and didn't know the people Kenny knew. It took 18 months of traveling around the Great Northwest and hunting people down for interviews, with Porteous running the background checks for me...to get to the truth of the matter. Can I say without any doubt that Kenny was Cooper? Not really. But despite all the quacking and bitching from other Cooper investigators, we still presented the best evidence against any suspect to date. And we did that by making everything completely transparent and public. The entire report, everything we had...with a few extra things to the Seattle FBI that we did NOT reveal publicly. I figure we just leave it at that and let people decide for themselves. B)

Checkmate Blevins..

The FBI did investigate KC and because the FBI files are incomplete you don't know how much they did.

There is far more on the FBI investigating KC than on Hahneman..

You can't have it both ways,, admit it, by your logic either both KC and Hahneman can't be Cooper or they both can be..   you can't pick and choose. 

You are cornered, the only way out is to admit your error. Step up or forever lose all credibility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

22 22