21 21
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

No-pull was Carr's belief based on the "hard to pull" nonsense from Cossey and assumptions about the rejected chute instructions, Eric dropped Sheridan and is now quoting Carr's "hard to pull" narrative from an inside source (probably Carr).. that implies Eric will be a no pull guy,, though he hasn't stated it yet that is where it looks like he is going. 

Eric plants elements for his narratives in advance... it looks like he is planting a new narrative for a suspect from the NE after dropping Sheridan as a suspect. Prepping the ground with potential "no pull" evidence is how Eric rolls.. 

Ask him where he is on a no pull...

I think maybe EU finally read my WordPress article on the reasons Sheridan could not have been Cooper. I notice sometimes that comments over at the Cooper Forum regarding points in the case start matching articles I already published long ago regarding those points. No big deal though. I just noticed it was all. 

Hard to believe anything Cossey says sometimes. No...the FBI did NOT return any chutes to him. Dummy chute is missing from the aircraft. Cooper jumped with the NB6. The popped reserve that actually worked is still in the hands of the FBI. The remaining chute was donated by Norman Hayden to the WA State History Museum, where it resides today. All chutes present and accounted for....sir. 

BELOW:  This is why I think Cooper tied paracord around his waist.
Second picture. The chute donated by Hayden. 
Bottom picture. Self-explanatory. B)

WhyCooperCutCords.jpg

cooperchutetacoma.jpg

BruceAndDave.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

The case for Sheridan as Cooper was ridiculously weak and desperate.. Sheridan was a nonsmoker and Ulis had claimed he faked it to throw off investigators, convenient right.

The FBI files show that Cooper had cigarette stains on his right hand aka long term smoker.

Ulis claimed the smoking thing caused him to accept Sheridan was not Cooper... perhaps an excuse.

I really wished he kept going with Sheridan, now everybody will get another bogus narrative run through the media patched together by Ulis..

I predict a narrative based on a missing person from the NE who worked in a titanium machining environment who got road salt on his tie... That means Cooper was a no pull near TBAR on the Western Flight Path and best of all, it can't be proven wrong. Ulis spins the wheel in the Vortex another time.

The case for Sheridan as Cooper was ridiculously weak and desperate.. Sheridan was a nonsmoker and Ulis had claimed he faked it to throw off investigators, convenient right.

The FBI files show that Cooper had cigarette stains on his right hand aka long term smoker.

Ulis claimed the smoking thing caused him to accept Sheridan was not Cooper... perhaps an excuse.

I really wished he kept going with Sheridan, now everybody will get another bogus narrative run through the media patched together by Ulis..

I predict a narrative based on a missing person from the NE who worked in a titanium machining environment who got road salt on his tie... That means Cooper was a no pull near TBAR on the Western Flight Path and best of all, it can't be proven wrong. Ulis spins the wheel in the Vortex another time.

I have no idea what is going on. Over at Mountain News, Bruce is now addressing Georger by name. Over at the site for the Cooper Con 2021, Eric still says he's updating the site this summer but it's already almost August. A report came to me today saying he isn't selling too many tickets to the Kiggins event in November. Not a big surprise. My email box is filling up with people who sympathize, or contacted me LAST convention saying they weren't going because I am not on the speaker list. I apologize to them and try to be nice, but I definitely NOT interested. I don't hang with people who snipe at others from behind a rock, sorry. I am in the middle of packing up and moving to boot. You should see my office. Walls are bare and everything except the main computer and the desk I work from is in totes. Bruce is full of it when he claims he can't control his own website. I have WordPress too, my friend. You guys couldn't hold a professional event with real attendance if the book of instructions landed on your heads. I won't be available this weekend because I am making a trip to check out my new place and it is some distance from here. 

I don't mind commenting on the case here at DZ, but I wouldn't go near you guys with a ten foot pole. No way, no how, nada, negatory, and not happening. B) This is what happens when you ignore basic facts, snipe at people anonymously, practice exclusion, and think no one will notice. In the end, you get exactly what you deserve. 

(edited)

I have figured out a scenario that best fits the evidence… it was staring right at us the whole time.

THIS IS HUGE.. IF TRUE. Bigger than Eric's ego..

This is a not a claim of fact so Georger shouldn't get his panties in a knot.

The Conclusion first.. 

Cooper didn’t jump with Cossey’s ex-personal NB6 Sage Green container/Sage Green nylon chute.

Cooper jumped with one of Hayden’s chutes.…

It was,,

PARACHUTE IDENTIFICATION

MAKE: Pioneer Parachute Co.

TYPE: 28' Ripstop Conical (Hayden quoted as 28', chute inspector 24’, one is a typo/error)

SERIAL NO: 60-9707

DATE OF MFR: July, 1960

INSPECTED BY: May 21, 1971 by E J Cossey on  riggers license number 159638

PACKING CARD: listed Brown Engineering Company, Post Office Box 1436, Patterson, California, 95363.

Chute was described by Hayden as 28 FT white chute with an Olive Drab container and Tan cotton harness.

The receipts…

Hayden sent in two back chutes he claimed were identical,, (both cards = Pioneers)

Cossey and Hayden never met but we know Cossey packed both of Hayden’s back chutes on May 21, 1971. Cossey claimed he never heard of Hayden. Cossey also failed to give the FBI any records for the chutes.. The FBI stated that Hayden described the chute Cooper took as 28 FT white Olive Drab container and Tan cotton harness. On Nov 26 Cossey is informed that a Pioneer was left on the plane whereupon he described the chute Cooper took as an NB6 Sage Green container and Sage Green nylon harness, his ex-personal chute. If Cossey never heard of Hayden, how can he be certain that was the chute Hayden got 6 months earlier. Cossey assumed that was the chute Hayden got, there is no evidence to support Cossey’s claim. We need to consider the sole source and the potential that Cossey’s chute assumption was wrong. Perhaps somebody else got chutes packed around May and Cossey mixed them up. If he had never heard of Hayden how does he know which chutes went to Hayden.

Cosseyinterview1126.jpeg.401b27077aa9c93ec33dd1b64b714f12.jpeg

Let’s proceed with the assumption that Cossey got the chute wrong.

Hayden described the two back chutes he sent in as,,

Number One: Civilian Luxury type, tan soft Cotton Material outside, 26 ft white canopy inside. Has a military chute inside of it. One or two burp sack in folds. Has foam pad cushion, and a frayed mark down the rib on the back, from rubbing on metal.

(CHUTE NUMBER ONE MATCHES THE ONE RETURNED TO HAYDEN)

Number two: Military back pack chute, standard military olive drab green on outside. 28 foot white canopy on inside, two burp sacks in back. Foam pad cushion. (elsewhere also states tan cotton harness)

(CHUTE NUMBER TWO DOES NOT MATCH COSSEY'S, THE ONE COOPER TOOK)

The description of burp sacks in both lends credibility to Hayden’s description.

chutesnov25.jpeg.f11ec3d7b51dcc65a887377c4ab28552.jpeg

chuteolivedrab1126.jpeg.0727d8fb500c004e7deb55420532f5a6.jpeg

The chute left on the plane was examined and a card in the pocket indicated it was a Pioneer (24’) ripstop conical, SN 60-9707, manufactured July 1960 packed by E J Cossey May 21, 1971, rigger number 159638.

The only discrepancy is the 28’ from Hayden vs 24’ from the person reading the packing card, probably a typo/error.

chuteinpestion2a.jpg.88ea6a702d66ed9957aacd515769ed22.jpg

chute609707.jpeg.e724a40a87c8ca383233f72494112d3d.jpeg

The chute Hayden got back (left on the plane) was a different chute but similar,

The card confirms it to be...

PARACHUTE IDENTIFICATION

TYPE: 26' Ripstop Conical 

SERIAL NO: 226

DATE OF MFR: Sept, 1957

PACKING CARD: listed Brown Engineering Company, Post Office Box 1436, Patterson, California, 95363.

dbc-parachutes-hayden-card-pararchute-identification-4.thumb.jpg.bd6ea9881e82bbe7827cb7a496dd8804.jpg

dbc-parachutes-hayden-rigging-card-cossey-signature-3.thumb.jpg.1e6dbbd7ae42254382ecda3d73551525.jpg

What happened??

Here is an explanation,, the card found in the pocket of the chute left in the plane and returned to Hayden was from the other chute and placed there, probably by Cooper. Speculating, Cooper has both back chutes in front of him, he pulls out both cards, picks the 60-9707 chute and stuffs that card in the chute he left behind. You end up with the packing card from the chute Cooper took in the chute he left behind, The chute inspector found the card for 60-9707 in the wrong chute.

Hayden got the chute back with the correct card so it must have also travelled with the chute and been replaced back later. Is the FBI aware of this? or just an error?

The bottom line is the chute that Cooper jumped with may have been identified right in front of us the entire time. The ramifications are huge as Cossey would have been rejecting found chutes based on false criteria. The Cooper chute may have already been found and falsely rejected. One that stands out as important is the one found in the south Fork Lewis River within a mile of Heisson, a few miles E of the FP and about the 8:12 timeframe,, the sweet spot. That chute was rejected and never followed up on.

This may be the identification for the actual chute Cooper used..

PARACHUTE IDENTIFICATION

TYPE: 28' Ripstop Conical (Hayden quoted as 28', chute inspector 24’, one is a typo/error)

Chute was described by Hayden as 28 FT white chute with an Olive Drab container and Tan cotton harness.

Edited by FLYJACK

9 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Interesting. I went through the NamUs database, didn't see any new matches, not from New England anyway.

(edited)

I don't know about these scenarios trying to place someone from the other side of the USA over to Portland for the hijacking. Seemed like Cooper may have been familiar with the Seattle-Tacoma area. 

You know we could cut to the chase on a lot of these things if Tina Mucklow and the other stews simply got together with the press...TOGETHER is the key word here....and present them with pictures of all the main suspects. Pick one, or eliminate them all. At this point, I would roll the dice. Flo Schaffner told Geoff Gray that except for the hair, KC was the closest she had ever seen to Cooper. He said her hands started shaking while she went over the photographs. Just saying. 

No big deal but I will be out of town and unavailable from Friday morning through Monday afternoon. I have to make a trip to my new place and do a few things there. Hope you guys solve the case by the time I return. :thumbup: Just on a side note, I've wondered occasionally if Mucklow recognized KC later, and just decided to keep that quiet because she knew he was an NWA employee. I mean, after his death, when he became a suspect. (After October 2007) I thought maybe she figured there would be no point in embarrassing the airline. Just a theory. I have no evidence to back up that thought, of course. But I did wonder about it, especially after Schaffner came so close to ID'ing KC for the hijacking. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I see it is kind of a big mess over at Bruce Smith's Mountain News column. I think it is important that those people arguing and fighting back and forth get a handle on all that somehow. So, if I could tell you all something I would say THIS: (I know all of you read Dropzone.)

'Geez. Will you guys quit trying to trash Bruce's otherwise nice column on the Cooper case? Give it a break for crying out loud. I already announced last week I was basically OUT of the Cooper case anyway. I'm moving out of the Puget Sound area at the end of August. I already deleted my DB Cooper Facebook page, as well as my Quora space called 'Everything D.B. Cooper' that had 2,000 followers getting all the updates by email. I have frozen my WordPress DB Cooper column. No more new articles will be posted there. I even deleted everything having to do with Cooper from our main AB of Seattle site. After 12 years, it is OVER. AB of Seattle is now associated with SUFON, the Seattle UFO Network, where I joined on as an Event Organizer, and I am happy with doing that. And although I will not be involved, I truly do wish you guys the best of luck with your Cooper Con 2021 in November...'

I am actually starting to feel sorry for Bruce. This is why when I WAS doing Cooper stuff in places other than Dropzone, I started screening the comments. You almost have to. I think you guys should stop using Bruce's column as a bickering board and an attack platform. Get your own website and then have at it all you want. WordPress columns are free. It is not fair to do that to Bruce. I never said I hated the guy, or didn't like him. I said I didn't understand him. Except for posts at Dropzone, I really am OUT of the whole thing. And I will answer the usual occasional emails that come in from people I never heard of. That is to be expected, and it is sort of an obligation, because of the Blast book. But otherwise I am out. 

Late Edit: Flyjack says in part: 

'I have figured out a scenario that best fits the evidence… it was staring right at us the whole time.

The Conclusion first.. 

Cooper didn’t jump with Cossey’s ex-personal NB6 Sage Green container/Sage Green nylon chute.

Cooper jumped with one of Hayden’s chutes.…'

Flyjack: Norman Hayden did NOT buy his chutes from either Cossey or from Sky Sports. He bought them from a supplier of used chutes down near Boeing Field. It is no longer there, but that's where he bought them. The store where he bought them were the folks who arranged for the repacks, because it was required before they could be used. Hayden paid these repack fees directly to the store. They sent them up to Sky Sports for the repacks, and THEN Hayden picked them up at the store after they were returned to the store. This is from Hayden's two-part, two-day phone interview I did with him. He said he purchased them in 1968, or maybe a bit earlier, but right around that time. (After I saw your post, I checked my interview notes.) 

The chute you described is the same one sitting in the WA State History Museum today. Cooper jumped with the NB6. Both of them belonged to Hayden. Both of them are backpack bailout rigs. Hayden had no need of a belly pack, and he never bought one. 

As Val Kilmer said in Red Planet:

"Hey guys, I don't think it's about the math. I think it's about...the picture..."

Scanned1986truck.jpg.fb75264cba07d418a923d14c8d4cdcfb.jpg

No wait....not THAT picture. My bad. The picture below. 

cooperchutetacoma.jpg.3ba6898f87dc8c4e84bebeeb23790923.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
4 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Late Edit: Flyjack says in part: 

Flyjack: Norman Hayden did NOT buy his chutes from either Cossey or from Sky Sports. He bought them from a supplier of used chutes down near Boeing Field. It is no longer there, but that's where he bought them. The store where he bought them were the folks who arranged for the repacks, because it was required before they could be used. Hayden paid these repack fees directly to the store. They sent them up to Sky Sports for the repacks, and THEN Hayden picked them up at the store after they were returned to the store. This is from Hayden's two-part, two-day phone interview I did with him. He said he purchased them in 1968, or maybe a bit earlier, but right around that time. (After I saw your post, I checked my interview notes.) 

The chute you described is the same one sitting in the WA State History Museum today. Cooper jumped with the NB6. Both of them belonged to Hayden. Both of them are backpack bailout rigs. Hayden had no need of a belly pack, and he never bought one. 

As Val Kilmer said in Red Planet:

Your interview with Hayden is important.

When you read the Detlor to Hayden did you read the descriptions at the bottom. Did he confirm?

The Olive Drab/Tan harness.

The early chute descriptions for the chute Cooper took doesn't match Cossey's NB6 description.

My theory is the first and more accurate description came from Hayden. Later on the 26th Cossey described it as an NB6 Sage Green/Sage Green nylon.. completely different.

Did Hayden ever confirm Cossey's description of an NB6.

So far, the only source for the NB6 Sage Green/Sage Green is Cossey, that may be wrong.

Cossey may have misremembered the Hayden chute,, that would mean that Cossey's NB6 description is wrong and all the chutes he rejected are back in play...

Hayden also claimed the chutes were the same.. that does not support Cossey's NB6 claim.

Further, the second Pioneer packing card found would have to belong to the chute Cooper used.

I am particularly interested in the chute found in 1980 in the Lewis R near Heisson that was rejected and never looked at.

It was found about 4 miles E of the flightpath at the 8:13 time.

I got a feeling that was Cooper's chute.

Bonus points, the chute was found about a mile from the Heisson store and just 200ft from the rail tracks.

Edited by FLYJACK

5 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Not that it matters, but if that is true, then Dan the man didn't choose the wrong chute after all....

Yes, if this is what happened lots of things suddenly make sense including the FBI not being able to ID any found chute... relying on Cossey alone for the chute ID potentially undermined the case.

That second Pioneer packing card found in the chute left behind had to be Hayden's other chute that Cooper used... there is no other reasonable explanation.

It doesn't help with suspects but all the found chutes need to be re-evaluated. Hard to do after such a long time.

10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Norman Hayden did NOT buy his chutes from either Cossey or from Sky Sports. He bought them from a supplier of used chutes down near Boeing Field.

There's a pretty limited market for parachutes. If that store used Cossey for repacks, it's possible that they also got used gear from him, possibly the ones Hayden bought. Not saying that's what happened, but it's not far-fetched.

That second Pioneer packing card found

There were two chutes found left on the plane, the unused backpack and the 'real' reserve that he cut lines from. Each should have a packing card. Was there a third card found? I know there are some different numbers in the reports, but I don't think I heard of a third card?

(edited)
On 7/27/2021 at 8:34 AM, FLYJACK said:

I have figured out a scenario that best fits the evidence… it was staring right at us the whole time.

The Conclusion first.. 

Cooper jumped with one of Hayden’s chutes.…

It was,,

PARACHUTE IDENTIFICATION

The receipts…

Hayden sent in two back chutes he claimed were identical,, (both cards = Pioneers)

Cossey and Hayden never met but we know Cossey packed both of Hayden’s back chutes on May 21, 1971. Cossey claimed he never heard of Hayden. Cossey also failed to give the FBI any records for the chutes.. The FBI stated that Hayden described the chute Cooper took as 28 FT white Olive Drab container and Tan cotton harness. On Nov 26 Cossey is informed that a Pioneer was left on the plane whereupon he described the chute Cooper took as an NB6 Sage Green container and Sage Green nylon harness, his ex-personal chute. If Cossey never heard of Hayden, how can he be certain that was the chute Hayden got 6 months earlier. Cossey assumed that was the chute Hayden got, there is no evidence to support Cossey’s claim. We need to consider the sole source and the potential that Cossey’s chute assumption was wrong. Perhaps somebody else got chutes packed around May and Cossey mixed them up. If he had never heard of Hayden how does he know which chutes went to Hayden.

Cosseyinterview1126.jpeg.401b27077aa9c93ec33dd1b64b714f12.jpeg

Let’s proceed with the assumption that Cossey got the chute wrong.

Hayden described the two back chutes he sent in as,,

Number One: Civilian Luxury type, tan soft Cotton Material outside, 26 ft white canopy inside. Has a military chute inside of it. One or two burp sack in folds. Has foam pad cushion, and a frayed mark down the rib on the back, from rubbing on metal.

(CHUTE NUMBER ONE MATCHES THE ONE RETURNED TO HAYDEN)

Number two: Military back pack chute, standard military olive drab green on outside. 28 foot white canopy on inside, two burp sacks in back. Foam pad cushion. (elsewhere also states tan cotton harness)

(CHUTE NUMBER TWO DOES NOT MATCH COSSEY'S, THE ONE COOPER TOOK)

The description of burp sacks in both lends credibility to Hayden’s description.

chutesnov25.jpeg.f11ec3d7b51dcc65a887377c4ab28552.jpeg

chuteolivedrab1126.jpeg.0727d8fb500c004e7deb55420532f5a6.jpeg

The chute left on the plane was examined and a card in the pocket indicated it was a Pioneer (24’) ripstop conical, SN 60-9707, manufactured July 1960 packed by E J Cossey May 21, 1971, rigger number 159638.

The only discrepancy is the 28’ from Hayden vs 24’ from the person reading the packing card, probably a typo/error.

chuteinpestion2a.jpg.88ea6a702d66ed9957aacd515769ed22.jpg

chute609707.jpeg.e724a40a87c8ca383233f72494112d3d.jpeg

The chute Hayden got back (left on the plane) was a different chute but similar,

The card confirms it to be...

PARACHUTE IDENTIFICATION

TYPE: 26' Ripstop Conical 

SERIAL NO: 226

DATE OF MFR: Sept, 1957

dbc-parachutes-hayden-card-pararchute-identification-4.thumb.jpg.bd6ea9881e82bbe7827cb7a496dd8804.jpg

dbc-parachutes-hayden-rigging-card-cossey-signature-3.thumb.jpg.1e6dbbd7ae42254382ecda3d73551525.jpg

What happened??

Here is an explanation,, the card found in the pocket of the chute left in the plane and returned to Hayden was from the other chute and placed there, probably by Cooper. Speculating, Cooper has both back chutes in front of him, he pulls out both cards, picks the 60-9707 chute and stuffs that card in the chute he left behind. You end up with the packing card from the chute Cooper took in the chute he left behind, The chute inspector found the card for 60-9707 in the wrong chute.

Hayden got the chute back with the correct card so it must have also travelled with the chute and been replaced back later. Is the FBI aware of this? or just an error?

The bottom line is the chute that Cooper jumped with may have been identified right in front of us the entire time. The ramifications are huge as Cossey would have been rejecting found chutes based on false criteria. The Cooper chute may have already been found and falsely rejected. One that stands out as important is the one found in the south Fork Lewis River within a mile of Heisson, a few miles E of the FP and about the 8:12 timeframe,, the sweet spot. That chute was rejected and never followed up on.

This may be the identification for the actual chute Cooper used..

PARACHUTE IDENTIFICATION

I explained the packing cards before.. there are three cards.

1 found in the opened front reserve.

The opened front chute left on the plane is not part of this. It's card was 24 ft rip stop, SN DA 58-53912 yr Oct 1959 packed by Cossey Sept 16, 1971.

1 found in the back chute left on the plane.

Pioneer SN 60-9707, July 1960 packed by Cossey May 21, 1971

1 in the back chute returned to Hayden.

Pioneer SN 226, Sept 1957 packed by Cossey May 21, 1971

We are ONLY dealing with the two back chutes. Two cards and two chutes. One left behind and one missing.

The card found in the back chute left on the plane did not match the chute and card returned to Hayden.. both noted above..

Both back chute packing cards were packed the same date May 21,1971. they must both represent Hayden's two chutes. The one Hayden got back now at the museum matched one of the cards,,, the other card MUST be from Hayden's other chute, the one Cooper used.

It was staring right at us the entire time. 

My theory is that Cooper removed the cards and placed the one from the chute he took into the one he left behind.

This is huge, they were looking for the wrong chute. This case is wide open now.

Edited by FLYJACK

Well, I have to bail from DZ for a while on business but before I go I have five points of advice for Cooperland and anyone planning to attend the convention in November. 

• Don't bother advertising the convention over at the Cooper Forum with links to tickets. All people are seeing, unless they are a registered member of that forum, is THIS: "You are not allowed to view pictures or links. Register or login." You aren't reaching the public that way and are wasting your time. Everyone there who IS registered probably knows about the convention anyway. 

• Bruce Smith should go back to his article where he promotes the convention, and delete every single negative comment he can. You are putting off people, big-time. You will NOT generate interest in the convention or sell tickets allowing that. And start screening the comments. If you end up getting sixty or eighty people to show up, instead of packing the damn venue like you should, that will be part of the reason you don't. 

• Stop thinking that either Dropzone or a slight shove from behind by Adventure Books of Seattle isn't a good idea. You need to build up interest over the next few months, and show some common sense and solidarity. Not wait for some local press article to appear in the Portland area a week or two beforehand and just HOPE people will turn out as a result. 95% of the people who will read such an article either won't know who the hell Cooper is anyway without Google...or they won't be willing to drop twenty-plus dollars and take a chance on a ticket to find out. You need to start building an attendance base NOW, months in advance. EU hasn't said anything yet, but it is possible that he might actually cancel if he can't show interest (ticket purchases) far in advance of the actual event. It took us six months of hard work to get the people we did at the Skywatch Party, and we were advertising that event ten times more than you guys are right now with the convention. Frankly, Covid is the gift that just keeps on giving, and it has affected lower-level events to a great degree. 

• You STILL do NOT have a headliner for the event. You need someone with name recognition, someone who will pull in the attendees. Someone should work on that. People like Bruce, Tom Kaye, or even Darren Schafer don't count...because they are only known in a very small circle of people. You need someone who may not be all that associated with Cooper, but who is someone known to many in the general public. There are two ways to bring in people to an event. You can offer food. Or you can offer a headliner. 

• Get your act together and stop shooting barbs and hatred back and forth against each other. Look at the bigger picture. It is still possible AB of Seattle would actively support this convention, but only if you cease on the useless attacks and get your act together. The 50th anniversary will probably be your last chance to bring heavy public interest back to the case. As it is, my personal opinion is that interest in the case is waning. This is one reason we bailed from the Vortex and did what we did. We think it is on a downhill slide right now. However, since we do stand to gain to a certain degree if you are successful, we are open to the idea of support. And just so you'll know, I am getting occasional messages from people asking whether either THEY should go...or whether I will be showing up. For the moment, I am stalling almost all of them to see if you guys can get it together. This could be the last convention, even if it happens at all. EU is ponying up a lot of money for this one, and sponsors are involved. Get serious. 

I will be back in the Seattle area Monday or Tuesday. Until then try to think about some of these things I said...and stop assuming other people are stupid. I may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. B)

(edited)

Returned to Seattle today, albeit only for a few days and then I move from here for good. Saw my post above staring at me and decided I had nothing further to add to it for now. 

I did see over at the DB Cooper Forum that Eric Ulis is promoting some search or other down at Tina Bar, but his link to everything about that at the Cooper Forum just shows "You are not allowed to view pictures or links. Register or login." 

Yeah. That's a REAL good way to get the message out. He also wants people to join his private Facebook page to see the results of his search. If I had done that with our Quora space on Cooper when it was going, we would NOT have gotten over 2,000 followers receiving all the updates by email. 

The more you try to privatize Cooper...the less people pay attention to you. This is the 21st century, and internet users have a short attention span, and even less patience. You toss up roadblocks, they just go elsewhere and think you a fool. B) You guys better get your act together or face empty seats in November. It's hard enough to get an audience as it is, without making your chances worse. When you start shutting out the public, the public returns the favor. Especially if you are asking more than twenty bucks a seat and expecting people to show up over two straight days. You heard it here first, and that comes from experience. 

Whether you personally 'like' me or not is irrelevant. I will always give it to you straight, whether you do or don't. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Half of California thought they knew Cooper. 

Sounds like Flo Schaffner was being hit upon for a while regarding Cooper, and that this consisted of attempts to pin the hijacking on Jack Coffelt. My books are all in my new place, which is far from Seattle, but I think I recall that she was from Fayetteville, AK. I know she was from Arkansas anyway. 

The FBI held a meeting in April 1976 regarding whether to pursue a John Doe warrant. 

There are so many redactions in the files released that most of them are useless, or close to useless. 

I will again be unavailable for a few days starting this Friday. Last moving trip to the new place. Long drive. Will be very busy, and frankly....except for the occasional post to Dropzone, or answering email inquiries about the case...I am pretty much out of the Cooper business now. Ditched all pages and references to the case at the main AB of Seattle website. Replaced with a special page on SUFON that is still under construction. (Seattle UFO network, where my fiancee and I are now Event Organizers.) I'd post a picture of she and I together for you...but I don't trust anyone in Cooperland anymore. It's part of the reason I bailed on the whole thing. Some (not all) of you do not work well with others. ¬¬

One thing I discovered recently. It is better to work with people who are somewhat weird occasionally, believe the strangest stuff, but who are very nice...rather than to try working with the mean and hateful, or who believe they can do no wrong. Even when they do.

Those folks are absolutely hopeless. Sometimes you guys (not YOU Flyjack) remind me of the Magoo cartoon bit. Mainly because of the way you occasionally backstab and go after each other. You know it is pathetic and desperate, right? B)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
10 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

Either that's one of the longest engagements on record, or making it official was part of the deal for the house. Ha!

Either way, congrats! ...?

Gayla and I split a while ago. She wanted to go to CA and although I was planning to do that at first, I decided I didn't want to live in SoCal after all. So we did an amiable split, as they say. Don't you guys ever go to the AB of Seattle Staff Page? B) I always thought you guys watched my every move like a hawk. That one sort of slipped through the cracks on you. ^_^ Don't be too hard on me and Susan. We've been on the Social Security train for a while now. Work is for the birds. And even the birds want to quit. The B and G Housecleaning page at AB is gone as well. I am now officially retired from full time work, although I plan to do a little private senior care work here and there. I have a Food Handler's Card and a CNA ticket. Also, Adventure Books will be issuing some new titles next year, none of them Cooper-related. My new office and new home are in Yakima, if you are wondering.  You can find us at the Hops Festival this Saturday in Moxee. 

(NOTE: This post was edited. Susan and I agreed there was no need to post up all that stuff on a Cooper thread.)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

20 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Don't you guys ever go to the AB of Seattle Staff Page? B) I always thought you guys watched my every move like a hawk.

I don't know about the others, but I don't watch anyone like a hawk. (Well, except my AFF students, and that is somewhat literal.) So I guess I did miss your split. I just figured you were moving to that house you posted pictures of a while ago. As for Cooper stuff, I just peruse here and the forum.

Watched the new Expedition Unknown,,, Tom Kaye was good and the guys at the beginning discussing suspects was good, should have had Hahneman in the suspects but nobody (but me) really has enough info on him.

The Walter Reca stuff was nonsense.

The Eric Ulis stuff was ridiculous. 

Maybe the briefcase parts find was staged.. Josh has been known to do things like that..

But, Ulis claim is wrong.. it is 100% false that the Columbia River reached the money spot only in ’72 and ’74…

The money spot was about the 5 to 7 foot level which was easily reached without the River at flood stage. The ’72 and ’74 flood levels were about 21 feet..

So, in June '72 the money spot was 12-15 feet underwater..  when Ulis claims Cooper was digging it up.

The briefcase find is a joke, the money spot has lost maybe 10 feet of material depth to erosion.. the money spot plus 10 ft deep of material is long gone.

I assume it was a plant for dramatic effect.