22 22
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

No NickyB, I am not banned from Shutter's forum..

Georger steals my material here and posts it there with falsehoods, lies and distortions added..

That forces me to correct the record..  otherwise Georger doesn't exist, his 15 minutes were up many years ago. He is toxic and irrelevant. If he wasn't stealing my stuff for half his posts he'd have nothing to add.

As for the "pressure bump"..  I examined the FBI analysis and evidence and could not dispute it. So, my conclusion is that it is correct.

Nobody has come with any argument to challenge the FBI assessment, NOBODY.

All you guys have tossed out are baseless opinions.

You all claim the FBI got it wrong but nobody can show how or why... The western flightpath redux..

There has been no problem with others reposting stuff I have posted,, it is only Georger who consistently adds in lies, falsehoods and distortions... it is dishonest and misleading for Shutter's forum and the case in general.

Georger blames me for his banning from DZ years ago,, I wasn't here then my father suddenly died I and took years off the Cooper case. I had no part in any banning, never saw it, wasn't aware and still don't know why. It is just another lie from the most toxic person in the Cooper world.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Q18:  Is there anything else you consider significant to the question of where the hijacker jumped?
A:  It was very dark, with virtually no ground reference except when we got in the Portland area.  We bounced around the clouds, with occasional breaks. The 727’s  slipstream initially overcame the aft stairs hydraulic system.  The stairs weren’t opening like Cooper needed. Cooper called me on the interphone while Tina was riding up front with us. Cooper had let Tina come to the front.  He yelled,  "slow it down!."  I stated back to Cooper, "OK."  And we did;  we slowed the plane. The oscillations continued, as I remember, but were smoother and we hadn’t heard anything from Cooper.  Bill called back to him (8:05) and he finally answered.  He said everything was “OK”. More time passed. And then suddenly came that “bump”. After the final "bump" which we felt with our ears, we all discussed it for awhile, waiting for another bump.  It never repeated, so we assumed that was his exit.  But we discussed this among ourselves before notifying NWA.  The truth is, we just didn't know for sure.  I just don't recall how much time lapsed between feeling the final "bump" and reporting it to NWA via radio.  That’s where the uncertainty has come from.  
But later we all thought that final bump was his exit.  

Oscillations were noticed before 8:05 (last comm with Cooper) and CONTINUED after 8:05....

A:  That’s a good question because We all agreed that the gauges were detecting a disruption of airflow, most likely caused by Cooper testing out the aft stairs.   But we all felt one physically distinguishable "bump" with our ears which came abruptly after we had been monitoring the gauges. We all felt it almost in unison, surprised, "there he goes!"  It was the largest bump by far, an abrupt pressure change. We all thought he had exited the aircraft at that point, because the gauges never detected any further major airflow disruptions after that ‘thud’. The re-test duplicated the oscillations and the pressure bump exactly. 

A physically distinguishable bump came abruptly after they had been motoring the gauges (since 8:05)..

Anderson also said they never detected any further major airflow disruptions after the thud,, not NONE.

There were minor oscillations monitored before and after 8:05, the physical "bump" was "the largest by far"...

A:  Q5.   Not really and it wasn’t exactly as you describe.  These were minor oscillations. We detected on the gauges only.  We just presumed pretty quickly that it was Cooper fiddling with the aft stairs but we weren’t one hundred percent sure because we were already flying dirty, with throttles up and fighting icing and weather.  A lot going on and it wasn’t totally smooth even before the oscillations started. What we noticed was the pattern of the oscillations was continuing and there was a very minor disruption of the slipstream. Scott said at first he wasn’t feeling anything for sure, then a little later he thought  there was more drag and the nose was deviating a little. When the final bump happened and the oscillations stopped that sealed it. But even then we weren’t sure and we waited before calling anybody. 

The context is the minor oscillations felt well before 8:11.... not at 8:11

At 8:11 the crew reported oscillations and fluctuations in the cabin... Anderson makes it clear there were minor oscillations well before 8:05 and after,, why report them at 8:11,,  because they had increased in frequency and magnitude just like the sled test. At 8:11 it was felt in the cabin....

and NO, the story hasn't changed.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

The 727-100 stair operation is different from the 200...

To lower the stairs the handle on the 100 is moved from the up detent pushed outward and a button on the top is pressed simultaneously. The 200 has no button.

There are two lights in the cockpit, a green means locked down and an amber means the handle is moved from the up detent and unlocked. The green light never came on.

The crew reported an airstair light on at 7:42, that indicated Cooper moved the handle from the up detent. It does not mean the stairs are opened, only that the handle is moved. Tina claimed she saw the red (amber) airstair light flash sometime later before Cooper's 8:05 comms. The Boeing test indicated the airstairs were successfully opened and retracted at speeds up to to 300 knots. NORJAK was well below that so it wasn't the speed.

Conclusion,,, Cooper did not have trouble with the stairs due to the speed of the aircraft. It is likely he initially failed to continuously press the button on the top of the handle while moving it outward. At 7:42 Cooper moved the handle from the up detent and the airstair light was activated in the cockpit. Later, he called to have the plane slowdown. The airstair light flashed again in the cockpit sometime prior to 8:05, that can only happen if Cooper moved the handle back to the up detent position then forward again. Remember, the light is activated by the handle not stairs open... green light is fully extended and locked down, the stairs were never fully extended and locked down. This time he must have figured out to simultaneously press the button and move the handle to open the airstairs.

Also, Anderson stated the oscillations were smoother after 8:05 and they slowed down the plane.. Cooper was likely standing on the stairs between 8:05 and 8:10/11. The sled test showed very little change on the gauges with a man standing on the stairs.

littlepresschangewalkstairs.jpg.69d4b3343129eaac943f9b6cd1ddb9e9.jpg.77f7c9093a1e29e713f36960ace9c97f.jpg

boeingtestpressure.jpeg.385996e827902a029edc313016ff1463.jpeg.ea4d1db3e45b62fe5365a5629f41c092.jpeg

lightflashedtwicecoop.jpeg.b8b2041a0995aa60f2c7fcf8fbccfe53.jpeg

tinaredlight.jpeg.bd889d3ba71868279a426561585991cb.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Looks like you bums didn't get a whole lot done while I was off chasing aliens the last few days. I thought you would have had the case solved by now. B)

It's too bad Bruce Smith didn't answer his invitation to host the event. He would have loved these people. I had so much fun I just said the heck with talking about DB Cooper and instead related the one and only time I ever saw genuine, Family Band UFO. 

I discovered three important things about the UFO people. First, they can get WAY out there. Second, they are just the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet, much friendlier (even when they disagree, as they often do) than almost anyone in Cooperland, and they don't believe the government report released in June is worth the PDF paper it's written on. 

As a result of everything that happened since last Wednesday, I am shifting the focus of Adventure Books of Seattle over to Bigfoot, abductions, aliens and UFO's...and putting DB Cooper in the back seat. I keep seeing one insult after another pointed at me over at Bruce Smith's Hate Fest Magazine, with the occasional 'If you are good, Robert....maybe Eric will invite you to the Convention in November..."

Which by the way, I find really weird. You guys have a novel RSVP policy, that's for sure. And don't bother with any invites. I wouldn't be caught dead at the Kiggins this year. Or any other year for that matter. I know a hustle when I see it. I know hate when I see it. I know exclusion and baloney when I see it as well. 

And I want NO part of it. I am taking AB of Seattle back to what we were doing BEFORE Cooper came along, and changing our focus back to sci-fi, and some of the things that actually go along with sci fi better than Cooper does. You win. We're out. I'm sure Into The Blast will continue to sell just as it always has for the last ten years. Yes, that will go on. But no longer will we focus on internet efforts on stuff JUST surrounding Cooper. We're leaving that behind and moving elsewhere. 

UPDATE: I have deleted the DB Cooper page at Facebook. So if anyone wants to create their own under that name...it is open for you. Other Cooper changes coming soon. Basically, I am bailing from the Vortex, at least on the internet. Some elements at AB of Seattle will be removed as well. After 12 years, it is time to hang up at least a portion of my online visibility regarding the case. In fact, I have decided to remove ALL references to Cooper at the AB website in the next two days, close down the Cooper WordPress and delete all the articles, and ditch the site at Quora dot com known as Everything DB Cooper. I'm leaving up the Cooper videos at YouTube because I think they're harmless. But everything else goes. 

I noticed the jealousy was hot and rampant by the Peanut Gallery regarding our UFO Skywatch Party, which was an absolute blast by the way. And meanwhile, one idiot after another on the Mountain News bandwagon said they were going to stop by to view the festivities, or maybe send a drone to publish pictures here at DZ about the event...which was all the usual baloney of course. 

LOL they probably took a look at the map and decided that it wasn't worth the trouble, after all. Nothing free ever comes easy, and it wasn't easy to reach the party site. Trust me on this. I towed a trailer there that between the trailer itself and the gear under the tarp, weighed over 1,500 pounds...and I have a four-banger in my truck. 

As far as attendance, we got about 25 people crazy enough to drive down dusty dirt roads Far From the Madding Crowd and join us, and had quite a few curiosity seekers who were just out four-wheeling. As soon as the stars came out we just lined up the chairs near the dropoff and watched the skies. Some with extremely sophisticated gear. People went around the horn talking their theories, their sightings...even their abductions. Some of them were way out there....WAY out. Many of the terms and concepts I was not familiar with and had to ask. But I listened to everyone carefully, and the way they tell these stories with such belief and sincerity, it is hard NOT to believe them. And they really are the nicest folks. 

I found out much I didn't know before. Such as there are two schools of thought on Bigfoot. One says he's a real, undiscovered, ape-like creature. Another school believes he is more of a mystical being. I also found out that these groups studying these things are much more numerous and much better-attended, and meet much more often for conventions, than anything in the world of Cooper. They are not one or two groups of people bitching and backbiting back and forth and lying about others. They are a small civilization. These guys gather everywhere at the drop of a hat. All ages, all types. B) I guess you could say I got educated. Cooper, I discovered, is boring and full of hatred. These guys are the real deal and reject 'negative energy' as they call it.

The only question everyone had at the end of the weekend was when was I planning to do this again. 

I told them, "Anytime you want, but next time we have to do it by committee." Which means: Will need some help with the organizing and planning and the hauling of the gear. I am not going to post any pictures or videos of this event except privately. Frankly, because I no longer trust Cooperland, not that I ever did in the first place. If you were waiting for that, I'm breaking my promise. I won't provide certain elements in Cooperland the chance to go after them as well. When I talked to them about the problems in Cooperland, they advised me to get away from the negative stuff and move on.

And that is happening in a big way sooner than you think. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I guess Marla Cooper likes me. Or maybe not. B)

Her recent post to Mountain News, with my responses below her points: (Why I bother I haven't a clue)

Now that Blevins has confirmed that he sabotaged the 2018 CooperCon, Eric Ulis will be on the lookout.

Robert says: I think Cooper Con 2018 actually happened. People like you with their false accusations and lies, hidden behind the cowardice of anonymity, caused Eric to have to move the venue to another location. Comments like yours about other suspects and people involved in the Cooper case totally shocked the staff of the Portland Yacht Club, and they decided not to be a part of it. I hear attendance was modest, but decent anyway. As far as the 2021 post-pandemic convention, I wish you all well. I will not be attending. Nor will I stand in the way of it. Eric isn't stupid. He knows perfectly well what happened in 2018 and probably wishes some of you would lay off the personal attacks, because he also knows sometimes people respond to that in two ways. Either they decide not to attend, or the people sponsoring his efforts get pissed off at people like you for making the whole thing look cheap. 

Blevins is not just a MF’er, as Bruce has accurately stated, Blevins is a menace to the investigation. A total disrupter. At the DZ, the only place Blevins is allowed to post, everyone ignores him.

Robert says: Roughly a thousand people a day view this thread. Perhaps a few of them put me on their ignore list. I could not care less. 

Blevins is banned everywhere. Even Bryan Woodruff banned him from ever returning to Ariel.

Robert says: Actually, I am not banned 'everywhere,' and after Bryan did what he did after Adventure Books of Seattle staff were nice enough to put up over two thousand dollars trying to help him (while the rest of you in Cooperland bitched, whined, and attacked us simply for doing it) I would never have stopped in Ariel again. The end result of what happened to the store and how it will never be a Cooper haven again speaks for itself. You guys couldn't cooperate on something positive regarding Cooper in the real world if the book of instructions dropped into your laps. 

Skipp Porteous refused to EVER meet Blevins in person. 

Robert says: An outright lie. He wanted me to come and stay at his house in Morro Bay, California and we were good friends up to the day he died. You will definitely end up in (at least) Purgatory for spreading lies like that. And I already published some of his emails about all this at Dropzone. You simply ignored them because they got in the way of your lies. I actually feel sorry for you, that you have nothing better to do on the internet that continue to post trash at Mountain News, which is going to end up hurting Eric's upcoming convention. 

Geoff Gray stayed far away from Blevins.

Robert says:  We communicate rarely, and mostly by email. Since he lives in Mexico (last time I heard) you could say he's pretty far away from everyone. I'm a member of his True Ink website, but I don't post there much.

FBI agents built a firewall, so as never to get near this serial liar.

Robert says: The FBI actually went to that trouble because of me? That seems doubtful, and they do answer the emails, and sometimes even call me. What you claim is unlikely, i.e. a Federal organization actually doing that. If they think you are harassing them, they just pay you a personal call and it isn't pretty. That claim by you I actually found funny.

His book is trash.

Robert says: That is not a fact, but your personal review of the book. Everyone has an opinion. People keep buying it, so I will settle for that.

His campouts bring NOBODY.

Robert says: Come to one of them and find out. You said you were sending in a drone. We never saw one. Some funny lights, a few shooting stars I think. 

He is 100% jealous of Bruce.

Robert says: Bruce and I do not associate with each other. And I don't associate personally with most of the people in Cooperland. I'm not jealous of Bruce. I haven't figured him out is all.

We will take photos of his campout and publish at DZ to show the truth that no one cares to be around this idiot.

Robert says: Will they be drone pictures? I wouldn't mind some overhead shots.

Even Gayla avoids the campout.

Robert says: Someone had to watch the cat, answer the emails, and pick up the home phone. And she's not much for the UFO scene anyway. Like I say...you guys are the funniest bunch ever sometimes. But it's kind of sad you have nothing else to occupy your time except vitriol. People like you are going to end up making Eric believe (eventually) he is wasting his time and money with you. And people like you are the reason I decided to bail from Cooperland, at least for the most part. I don't mind answering questions about KC or the case by email occasionally, or even posting to Dropzone. But as far as personal appearances at Cooper events sponsored by other than AB of Seattle, or dealing with you on a personal basis...forget it. Many of you have made it plain that hatred is your main agenda, that you butter your morning toast with not jam but jealousy, and that you flavor your coffee with a sprinkle of lies.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Recent post I made to SUFON. (Seattle UFO Network). Thought you should see it. 

"I cannot tell you how much fun we had at the recent Skywatch Party, and how I discovered how NICE everyone I met that weekend was. A party celebrating the 50th anniversary year of the unsolved DB Cooper hijacking was the original plan. But because of the negativity and vitriol associated with the people who investigate that case, (you wouldn't believe how MUCH hatred) I ditched that idea in favor of SUFON. I have not regretted it, and I thank everyone who attended the Skywatch. If we do any more of these events, the two things I learned are:  We need a small committee to help organize it, rather than just me alone, and we should do it in a place a little easier to reach by car or truck. Still...I would do it again. Associating with SUFON and the people in it has been the best thing I ever did. And will continue to do..."

EDIT: A lot of people must watch this thread, maybe more than I realized. A few email requests came in asking me to reconsider deleting the WordPress Cooper entries. So...I have come up with a compromise. 

I will leave the site in place, but no new articles will ever be posted. (Unless someone actually solves the case 100% for real or something.) 

As far as the Everything DB Cooper site at Quora dot com, someone reminded me we get paid for that one via Quora. Not much of course, but I would simply be cutting that off if I delete. And no one from Cooperland posts there anyway, and comments are screened. Plus, only designated Contributors can post content. So okay. It will stay. 

But all Cooper content at Adventure Books of Seattle will be deleted in favor of other content. That will be done by this evening. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Over at Shutter's DB Cooper Forum, Robert99 asks:

'Is RMB cashing in his chips over at DZ?'

Ever heard of email? It's not like my email address isn't public. If you want to know something, try going to the source sometime instead of doing third-party junk and just hoping I will see your question. It's [email protected] 

To answer your question, cashing in chips more refers to kicking the bucket. And no...I sort of had plans to stick around for a while. Hope you don't mind. B) Like I told that guy at the group home for the psychologically challenged...when I walked into his room and he was holding a knife to his own throat...

It's better to stick around as long as possible I told him. If for no other reason, just to find out what happens next. I eventually talked him out of the knife. (Then I called the MHP's aka Mental Health Professionals, and had him sent for a thirty-day eval to Western State Hospital in Steilacoom. ^_^ ) He definitely needed what they call a med adjustment. 

To answer your original question, I merely decided to move Adventure Books of Seattle away from DB Cooper and on to other things. I have frozen my WordPress Cooper site at 57 articles and calling it a decade. I deleted my DB Cooper page at Facebook. One of you should jump in there and take over, since the name is available. I am no longer actively investigating KC for the hijacking. I will no longer propose any public events using AB's money that have anything to do with Cooper, such as the Cooper Campouts. Those are over. 

I know you guys hate the book on KC, but all the negative posts don't do a thing to affect sales of the book. We are a WHOLESALE trade publisher. And 99.9% of our sales come through the Ingram database, not Amazon. We work through Lightning Source, their printer and distributor, who have these P and D outlets on every continent except Antarctica. You are wasting your time. The book is available worldwide at the trade rate, which is 50% off the cover price. Internet posts have zip to do with our sales, no matter how nasty some people get. Some of you out there in Cooperland with books available on the case should listen to us when I tell you that going with Ingram will bring you a lot more success and sales than just dumping your book at Amazon at full retail rate. The only person out there who actually listened to me on this point was Marty Andrade. He hasn't taken action on that, but I think he believed me. 

The book selling business is much like the car selling business. It isn't how much you make on each sale. It's how much of the iron you can move out the door. For example, is it better to sell ten copies of your book a month and make five or six bucks on each overpriced copy...or better to move fifty copies a month at wholesale and make the same amount? The answer is:  It is better to do MORE copies and make LESS on each sale. Because then you get MORE books into the hands of readers, which makes the whole thing worthwhile. And the more you get your book in front of readers, the more steady your sales each month will be. Because readers talk about what they read. As an added bonus, since your book is released at the trade rate, thousands of online outlets will list it and often compete on price, and bookstores and retailers will occasionally order copies because they can make a profit selling it. Why? Because you release at the trade rate, not retail. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I figured for my 9,000th post at Dropzone I would make a point showing we DO know what we are doing, and what we are talking about regarding the sales of Cooper-related books. This is a copy (with our account number at Ingram erased out) of ANOTHER case order from LSI that went out this month. There are other sales of course, individual copy sales on Blast and other titles, but this is a commercial order. They are listed separately at LSI. 52 copies at a time is a 'case' order. A 'case' in the publishing biz usually refers to the number of books that can be fit inside a certain size box. That number is determined by the size of the book itself. In the case of 'Blast' that is 52.

When you see this, I want those of you who supported and assisted the theft of Sheridan Peterson's book over at the Cooper forum, and fought our efforts to publish Sheridan legitimately to understand why we were so pissed you did that to him. Money like this, orders like this, could have gone to his surviving family. And I will never forgive the people who did that to him. He deserved better. And if you supported all of that over at the Cooper Forum, you should be ashamed. If not, there is something definitely wrong in your character. 

Case1.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

By the way...if any of you over at the Cooper Forum get some morals and decide to make things right by Sheridan and his family, you will do this:

• You will contact Snownman and ask him to remove that ridiculously-priced, twenty-five dollar paperback from both Amazon and Lulu.com...
  • Then you will ask him to send the manuscript to me instead by email....
  • Then you will provide me with at least ONE family contact of Sheridan's so that I can direct the royalties properly to him/her. 
  • I will then design a new cover and professionally edit the interior text one more time.
  • Then I will release this book in paperback at the trade rate worldwide, MY cost (yes, there are costs involved here, new ISBN, upload fees, etc) 
  • And from that point on, as long as the 12 dollars a year keeps on going at LSI to keep the book in the worldwide print databases....Sheridan's family will collect on that book for many years. 
  • The upside for you (besides clearing your consciences) is that you will be able to obtain copies, even at Amazon, for a lot less than that silly 25 bucks a copy. Probably half that or close. 

We will see if you actually have any morals over there, or not. Usually, I charge people hundreds of dollars for this type of book packaging service. Sheridan gets it for free. He deserves this. He wasn't Cooper. He was a stand-up guy who (for a while) simply enjoyed the notoriety of being a possible suspect. 

You can just blow me off and ignore this message, but I know most of you stop by here and read everything. And in that case I reserve the right to make the details of that infringement public. He was 90 plus years old and in a frickin assisted living facility when this all happened. I have his emails where he is very angry about what happened. He may have relented and done nothing after Snownman published that book without his permission, but that was only because he was old, half-blind, sick, and couldn't do anything to stop it.

Think about that for a while. You will not get any sympathy from anyone. Do the right thing.  

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
1 hour ago, ParrotheadVol said:

For those keeping score at home, that is 6 consecutive posts from the person who recently said:

"Basically, I am bailing from the Vortex, at least on the internet".

Never said anything about Dropzone. Go back and look. Said I would answer emails on the case, since I get a few of those a week from practically everywhere, and that DZ was okay. Said I would delete all Cooper stuff from the main AB site, freeze the WordPress at 57 Cooper-related articles, and delete my Facebook page on DB Cooper. I have done all those things. 

Now what about the theft of Sheridan's book. Or is your only purpose here to address me personally. (again) 

Why don't you do something positive for once, something you know to be morally right. Stand up for something. That would be a change. There are over sixty postings at the Cooper Forum on record showing that many of its members laughed off my concerns about copyright infringement against Sheridan...at the same time he was being lied about and pushed as a suspect in the Cooper case. And now...just the other day...EU admits he wasn't Cooper. Really? I said that two years ago in a WordPress article. And I also know some of you currently posting at the Cooper Forum have access to Snownman. So why don't those of you at the Cooper Forum who have a conscience do the right thing by Sheridan and his family? Fine and dandy that some of you just wanted bragging copies for the convention. But you didn't have to screw his entire family out of future royalties on a book that took Sheridan years to write, and was his life's work. You guys OWE him. You owe his FAMILY. And I am the only guy, no matter how much you like me or not...who can fix all this. I am the only one you know who is a registered US trade publisher with the resources to assist. 

Copy of SheridanCopyrightRecord.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The tie particle matrix resembles..

Best..

Dentistry,,  prosthetics

Electronics industry

Weaker..

Medical 

Maybe it is all three, maybe none.

I will buy all of this except for one thing. No one can establish a chain of evidence on the tie itself. In other words, how did this tie go from a JC Penneys to Flight 305. What stops did it make along the way? I have always wondered why...if Cooper was so careful to retrieve other evidence, or rid himself of it, (like the phony bomb and paper bag)...why he chose to simply discard the tie over a seat and leave a tie tack on it. It's almost as if he knew the tie could not be traced to him. Never could figure that out. 

It has occurred to me that both KC and Bernie Geestman had to go right past the JC Penneys in Auburn on their way to work at SeaTac Airport (Kenny) and south Seattle (Geestman). Same route to both places.

Back in those days, there was no Highway 167. If you lived in either Bonney Lake or Sumner, the main route to the airport was right past that store. If KC was the guy and the tie was actually Geestman's...we know at the time of the hijacking that Geestman worked for Foss Tugs in Seattle as a diesel mechanic, and that he worked with titanium piping on those boats occasionally. He also made his 1971 log book vanish, which I found suspicious. All the other logs were still in the box up at Margie's ranch in Twisp, WA. 

Of course, none of this proves a damn thing, but it's interesting. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I sent Bruce Smith an email, which he probably didn't read. He may not realize it, but the constant parade of anti-RMB comments now appearing on every Cooper article he writes are driving Google traffic my way. It has to be true. These comments, all negative of course, are piquing peoples' curiosity. So what happens is they end up at my door. 

And as a result, (despite their claims we don't) we are moving copies of AB titles like Pilot Down and Blast at a greater rate than ever in our history. That is absolutely NO KIDDING. So far this month alone, 141 copies of Into the Blast have sold and it's barely two weeks into the friggin month. We have NEVER done that good except in January 2011 when the Revised Edition of Into The Blast was first released.

Another two case orders have gone out to commercial buyers since July 1, (104 copies) plus another 37 to individual buyers. A smaller but substantial number of copies of Pilot Down, Presumed Dead have gone out, and a few from some of our other offerings. 

I should start paying Bruce a commission. No kidding. Thanks, Bruce! I told him this: Even negative publicity is good publicity. 

You know how it is on the internet. You start tossing someone's name around, and people hit Google. Then they come to us pretty quick. After 15 years on the internet as of next month, we are not hard to find. B)

Woo hoo baby. :handok:You guys can talk bad about us six days a week and twice on Sunday for all I care. Keep up the good work. July sales are paid (paperback/hardcover) by LSI at the end of October. Anything in Kindle is paid at the end of September. In my wildest sales report dreams, I never figured the guy who hates us the most would be the catalyst for so much success. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Regarding the tie...

Obviously it is not known, so this is speculative, but...

I have to lean towards a thrift store purchase. As careful as Cooper was with all the other evidence, it seems an unlikely mistake to leave something behind that could be traced back to him. Or to anyone who knew him.

2 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Regarding the tie...

I have to lean towards a thrift store purchase. As careful as Cooper was with all the other evidence, it seems an unlikely mistake to leave something behind that could be traced back to him. Or to anyone who knew him.

This is a fairly common theory, and to me it makes sense. And for the same reasons you stated. He was careful about everything, EXCEPT the tie. He even left the tie tack on it. 

2 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

Regarding the tie...

Disagree with the argument based on other things he left. He wasn't so careful. That keeps getting repeated but it isn't true.

Cooper left his drinking glass, magazines, handed money to the stews, left his cigarettes, cut up chute.. all potential print ID. He only really took the notes.

The matchbook he took had notes written on it. 

In 1971 forensics, there wasn't an expectation that they could link the tie to anyone like today.

Granted, we don't know where the tie came from but the fact that he left it doesn't support the argument it wasn't his.

Hahneman also left a tie behind on his plane..

Those are all good points. I only have one major problem with Hahneman being Cooper. This is it:

He was arrested and convicted for a hijacking only a short time after Cooper pulled off HIS hijacking. He was sent to Federal prison. His face appeared in newspapers and on TV news from coast to coast. He was IN JAIL for some years. 

So...in all that time...and with all that coverage...and sitting in Federal prison for another hijacking...why did no one in the public, or in the FBI, ever manage to link him to the Cooper crime. This seems inconceivable that the FBI would miss that. The investigation into Cooper was going full-bore, full-speed, when Hahneman did his thing. How could they possibly miss him as being Cooper, if he was indeed Cooper? 

5 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Those are all good points. I only have one major problem with Hahneman being Cooper. This is it:

He was arrested and convicted for a hijacking only a short time after Cooper pulled off HIS hijacking. He was sent to Federal prison. His face appeared in newspapers and on TV news from coast to coast. He was IN JAIL for some years. 

So...in all that time...and with all that coverage...and sitting in Federal prison for another hijacking...why did no one in the public, or in the FBI, ever manage to link him to the Cooper crime. This seems inconceivable that the FBI would miss that. The investigation into Cooper was going full-bore, full-speed, when Hahneman did his thing. How could they possibly miss him as being Cooper, if he was indeed Cooper? 

Seems really odd doesn't it... I have an answer for it but just not ready to make it public.