21 21
quade

DB Cooper

51 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

It's also been speculated that the reason he asked for multiple rigs might be so that they would not give him sabotaged gear for fear that he might make someone else jump. Getting the bailout rigs may have just been ignorance on the part of the FBI or NWA or whoever was getting them. A big mystery is how he ended up with the dummy reserve, because Emerick or whoever at Sky Sports grabbed them should have instantly recognized that.

Yeah...you are right. I wondered why Emerick did that too. His action could have resulted in disaster. Let's imagine for a moment that Cooper was a complete psycho and the bomb was real. Maybe he sets off the bomb in anger and everyone dies. It was NWA who mostly arranged for the chutes, and the FBI who handled the money I guess. The Geoff Gray book covers these details the best, I think. I haven't looked at it lately though. I've never claimed to be a world class expert on the finer details of the hijacking, that's for sure. 

And on a more serious note, people are starting to realize we're actually going to do the Skywatch/Cooper thing in July. Messages and RSVP's are starting to appear more frequently in my email. We have a couple of Cooper-related guests coming to that, although most are the UFO folks. If we know you from Cooperland, I've decided that any additional people who wish to attend on a Cooper basis...those people must contact us first so we know you are coming. Otherwise you will be turned away. We decided on this policy due to the ongoing attacks coming from Bruce Smith's Mountain News blog. Truth is, we didn't organize all this for the last six months to entertain people who post up the garbage and lies that they do. So...we're screening anyone from Cooperland in advance. If we know you...and you show up unannounced without contacting us first...you will be turned away without mercy. We don't need those negative people and we won't put up with them. It's our money for this event on the line here and that's that. At this point I don't even care how many people show up, but the ones that do should have a hell of a good time. And no one...I mean NO ONE...is going to spoil it for all the nice people who are already scheduled to attend and are looking forward to it. This will be our final Cooper public event in Washington state, although we may do one more smaller 'Cooper Campout' later this summer (or early fall) in the Olympics just for old times sake. But that's basically it. After that, Gayla and I have to start thinking about our move to California. Greg, Gayla, and I have put at least a couple of thousand bucks into this one, as a thank-you to all the people who HAVE supported us over the years. The nice people, the ones who buy the books, the ones who send the polite questions and messages occasionally. THOSE people. 

We've decided that as a result of these ongoing attacks by these fools at Mountain News that we will NOT stand in the way of Cooper Con this year, nor will we publish negative articles or send stuff to any of the organizers. But...we will neither mention Cooper Con at WordPress, or Quora Cooper, and officially we will not be supporting the event. We do hope they succeed, believe it or not, because every time there is a convention our book sales take a jump. We hope they pack the house, but we are distancing ourselves from it. We won't talk bad about it, and we won't try to interfere, but we're pretending the event does not exist. We're like Switzerland on this issue here. Totally neutral and non-involved. 

This could change, but this is solely up to the people involved in the Convention. If they had any brains at all, they would take that hatred they have and put it aside for the Common Cooper Good, but I doubt that will happen. My experience has been with Cooperland that they would rather fail than give up the hate-based junk. They live for it. They thrive on it. We will have nothing to do with it. 

(edited)

This isn’t complicated. The oscillations are different than the pressure bump. The oscillations occurred for some time and concluded with the pressure bump. The pressure bump occurred when Cooper jumped.

When did the pressure bump occur? Nobody knows for sure. Anyone who suggests they know when the pressure bump occurred is either mistaken or lying. 

We know it occurred after 8:12 based on the report to NWO and prior to passing over the Columbia based on crew statements (“lights of the Portland suburbs coming up”).

All we can conclude from the information we have is that Cooper jumped some time between 8:12 and 8:17. Any further claim of precision is baseless. 

Edited by Chaucer

On 6/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

Yeah...you are right. I wondered why Emerick did that too

Well you were the one who was supposed to try and find that out for us. Then you spent quite some time refusing to divulge what you had learned. More recently you inferred that you never actually talked to the (Sky Sports) guy. At this point it's hard to tell what to believe.

48 minutes ago, Chaucer said:

This isn’t complicated. The oscillations are different than the pressure bump. The oscillations occurred for some time and concluded with the pressure bump. The pressure bump occurred when Cooper jumped.

When did the pressure bump occur? Nobody knows for sure. Anyone who suggests they know when the pressure bump occurred is either mistaken or lying. 

We know it occurred after 8:12 based on the report to NWO and prior to passing over the Columbia based on crew statements (“lights of the Portland suburbs coming up”).

All we can conclude from the information we have is that Cooper jumped some time between 8:12 and 8:17. Any further claim of precision is baseless. 

Yes and no...

The pressure bump is a BIGGER oscillation... The crew used the term "pressure bump" in retrospect.

The crew identified when it occurred. About 8:11 and no later than 8:15.

That’s not accurate, FJ. There’s no evidence that the pressure bump was merely a “bigger oscillation”.

Second, the pressure bump was first reported at 8:12. The crew later said that when it occurred “the lights of Portland were visible” and “ they had not yet crossed the Columbia. They crossed the Columbia at 8:17.

So, the jump occurred between 8:12 and 8:17. Based on the money find, I speculate that it was closer to 8:17.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Chaucer said:

That’s not accurate, FJ. There’s no evidence that the pressure bump was merely a “bigger oscillation”.

Second, the pressure bump was first reported at 8:12. The crew later said that when it occurred “the lights of Portland were visible” and “ they had not yet crossed the Columbia. They crossed the Columbia at 8:17.

So, the jump occurred between 8:12 and 8:17. Based on the money find, I speculate that it was closer to 8:17.

It is accurate. The oscillations were "pressure bumps" measured on the Cabin rate of change pressure gauge.

This was replicated by the sled test,, the frequency and duration of fluctuations increased after the sled was dropped. "reacted violently"

sledtestaa.jpg.74ef8562d5bca5d9889d5d047a6fac21.jpg

1965947843_fluctuationsfeltFBI23113.jpeg.d4293d33d77a6de66917d0eae1c1e86f.jpeg

Anderson said, referring to the pressure bump..  the "largest bump by far"..  so more than one and the largest.

"but it wasn’t a one time event but a series of fluctuations which attracted our attention.  I saw it first then alerted Scott and Bill, ending in a single pressure event we felt in our ears, and nothing following, not even more fluctuations. We waited to see if something more would happen but it didn’t."

Crew believes bump occurred at 8:10 certain it was before 8:15.

crewcertain815.jpeg

Stairs stable with man on them and very little change noted on Pressure gauge.

sledt.jpeg.62233c7237f48e76eb7a8d41a00bb16b.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Chaucer is trying to make a name for himself by creating doubt. There is nothing original in his statements, posts, or podcast episode. Flyjack’s information clearly makes Chaucer look like an amateur. Apparently no one at the dbcooper forum thinks his theories are original either. Let people like Flyjack and Robert Blevins discuss the details of the case. You joined too late. 

Edited by Para-DZ

Hey, I remember reading somewhere (I think the D. B. Cooper forum) about an incident where someone saw someone carrying something walking along the side of a road on the night of the Cooper hijacking... anyone know what I am talking about or if it (or anything similar) is mentioned in the FBI files at all? I would really appreciate any insight.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Coopericane said:

Hey, I remember reading somewhere (I think the D. B. Cooper forum) about an incident where someone saw someone carrying something walking along the side of a road on the night of the Cooper hijacking... anyone know what I am talking about or if it (or anything similar) is mentioned in the FBI files at all? I would really appreciate any insight.

This is basically an urban legend. I used to hear this one at the Ariel Tavern parties when they were still going. Supposedly, a young woman in the Ariel area saw someone dressed in a suit walking along the road with a backpack not long after the hijacking. I have no idea whether it is true or not. One of the problems with these stories is that after fifty years, a lot of the witnesses are no longer among the living, as they say. 

Well...I just back into Seattle this evening from Phoenix. Good visit. Came home and saw I have a boatload of emails waiting for me about the July Skywatch Party. And a couple of more RSVP's from the SUFON folks I have to answer. Looks like we will get enough people now to make it at least minimally worth the expense. All the gear from Amazon has arrived, or will be arriving in the next day or two. Only thing left is the last minute stuff, the food, ice, and all that. And I still have a couple of weeks to get everything ready to transport up there to Greenwater. It should be okay I think. 

Edit: 'Crazy Marla' as I call her believes Cooper Con will be a big deal this year. Well, I certainly don't wish them failure. Frankly, when they do good....WE do good at Adventure Books. (I doubt this user at Bruce Smith's Mountain News is the 'real' Marla Cooper, but who's checking, right? Only Smith knows that since he has access to her email address and IP address in his Comments Log. 

Whatever...B) 

But when she and her friends keep posting up negative after negative, all they are really accomplishing is to turn people away from the event. They keep forgetting that attracting the same few faces as you did the last two conventions is not the point. That is a club meeting. If you want a public event that packs the seats, you have to come on to people like you are normal, not some crazy bunch of haters on an internet frenzy. Frankly, I'm surprised Bruce hasn't put a stop to it or done any editing, or that Eric hasn't told him privately to get his shit together before he ruins the whole thing and wastes both the sponsors' money as well as Eric's. 

'One thing we know for sure, CC21 is going to be HUGE. Eric Ulis is highly organized and Bruce Smith (now a movie star in his own right) are promoting this event in all the right places. Even Robert Blevins promotes CC21, just by saying he won’t be attending. That’s the best promotion yet!
LOL...'

Well, in a back-asswards way I guess that is sort of flattering. But if I were you, I would grow up a bit and start getting serious, and stop acting like a kid whose mother turned her down for a cookie out of the jar. I can tell you from experience in these post-pandemic days it ain't as easy as you think to attract a crowd, especially when you ask them to fork out over twenty bucks to get a seat. People want to see organized and fun, not bickering and bitching about each other.

That's the main reason why AB decided not to associate ourselves with CC21. It's not that we don't think the event is a good idea. We do. We even offered to support it heavily, perhaps even financially to an extent. It's because you guys attending and organizing CC21 spend way too much time worrying about me, when you should be removing your heads from your behinds and start putting together a real event. Get off the Hate Wagon, move on, and worry about no one actually buying many tickets past maybe a hundred. That's your problem...not me. I have nothing to do with CC21. And despite your best efforts and your multiple juvenile postings, I think it's better to just let you go on your merry, happy-happy way rather than trying to cause you trouble. Brother, (or sister) you got enough hurdles as it is and time is shorter than you think. Been there, done that. 

It took me six hard months just to get the people we have now to the Skywatch/Cooper Party, and that was not only free, but offers up a ton of prizes both in money and items I haven't even announced yet. People are reticent these days, and Cooper is no longer the hot attraction he once was. I found this out the hard way, and so will you...and AB of Seattle has the second-best selling book about Cooper on Planet Earth. We have a couple of thousand followers at Everything DB Cooper and good traffic to the Cooper WordPress column. But it wasn't enough. Previously, when we did the Cooper Campouts I had no trouble at all (except for the Mt Hood party) getting folks to happily show up.

But things are different now, and hate and discord just aren't selling this year. 

Acting non-professional won't do the job. Hate and discord will turn people off. You will find out yourself. On the other hand, maybe no one really reads Bruce's stuff except a few hardcore fans and your ongoing personal attacks will have no outcome on attendance at CC21. Who knows? On the other hand, why take a chance on alienating people? 

UPDATE: After staying up pretty late answering the emails that came in since last Thursday, my best guess is that about 40-50 people will show up for the July event (a conservative estimate, since some are bringing their friends) and there will be drop ins, mostly from people who frequent that area looking for camping spots. Sheesh...six months of hard work and I have to wait until practically the last two weeks before I realize we finally are over the top enough to make all of this work WORTH IT. Hardest thing I've ever organized, without a doubt. LOL...on the flight back from Phoenix I even talked a lady from Yakima into showing up. "Wow, that sounds like fun," she said. Then she friended me on Facebook when she got home. You take em where you can get em, I guess. ^_^

Edited by RobertMBlevins

10 hours ago, Para-DZ said:

Chaucer is trying to make a name for himself by creating doubt. There is nothing original in his statements, posts, or podcast episode. Flyjack’s information clearly makes Chaucer look like an amateur. Apparently no one at the dbcooper forum thinks his theories are original either. Let people like Flyjack and Robert Blevins discuss the details of the case. You joined too late. 

Nice boots, man. 

9 hours ago, Coopericane said:

There was...

walking1.jpeg.84928af0ad40cb632d4d3286213d2a9e.jpeg

walking2.jpeg.8cdf15097298454c3931182ca877362f.jpeg

FJ,

My point is this:  you had oscillations which concluded in one large “bump” or “pressure event”.

This large pressure bump happened the moment Cooper bailed as evidenced by the sled test. The oscillations occurred over a period of time - apparently from the point Cooper began down the aftstairs. This isn‘t a novel notion, but a commonly held one. 

The oscillations were reported at 8:11/8:12. The pressure bump - the final pressure event indicating Cooper had left the plane - was never reported during the flight.

We don’t know the exact time that occurred except that it occurred after 8:12 and before the plane crossed the Columbia at 8:17. 

I’m not being argumentative here, but these are general facts of the case. 

In a previous post I stated that there were minor oscillations prior, not felt...

Anderson said the oscillations stopped after the "bump",  IMO, he is referring to the bigger ones. The "violent" increase and the big one that was felt. 

There would still have been minor oscillations on the gauge, not felt just as before.

There is no disagreement with Anderson.

The problem is the vague use of the terms.. all oscillations are pressure bumps but the so called "pressure bump" was the last biggest one of a "violent" series.

8 minutes ago, Chaucer said:

FJ,

My point is this:  you had oscillations which concluded in one large “bump” or “pressure event”.

This large pressure bump happened the moment Cooper bailed as evidenced by the sled test. The oscillations occurred over a period of time - apparently from the point Cooper began down the aftstairs. This isn‘t a novel notion, but a commonly held one. 

The oscillations were reported at 8:11/8:12. The pressure bump - the final pressure event indicating Cooper had left the plane - was never reported during the flight.

We don’t know the exact time that occurred except that it occurred after 8:12 and before the plane crossed the Columbia at 8:17. 

The problem here is the vague and imprecise language. Oscillations/fluctuations are pressure bumps but the "pressure bump" referred to by the crew in retrospect was an attempt to ID the BIGGEST and last one felt by the crew when Cooper likely jumped. At the time time the crew wasn't sure what was happening.

Anderson claimed it was the largest "pressure bump" by far... so what were the other ones? smaller pressure bumps or oscillations or both..  pressure bumps are oscillations. However, they differ in magnitude and frequency. 

The sled test indicated that the Cooper jump was identical.

The oscillations occurred over time but were not equal, the ones prior to the jump were minor, gauge only. The crew did not report these minor oscillations. They reported the "bigger" ones.

The sled test indicated the fluctuations/oscillations increased violently (magnitude and frequency) when the sled left. Later labelled the "pressure bump". This "violent" increase was the 8:11 transmission of oscillations by the crew.

The crew used the term "pressure bump" in retrospect to identify the last big oscillation felt when they believed Cooper left. 

And the crew believed 8:10 but were certain it was before 8:15.

Also, when the crew claimed they could see the "glow" lights of Portland, IMO that would include Vancouver.. I don't think you could separate the light glow of Vancouver and Portland. In other words, you wouldn't see only the the glow of Portland while over the glow of Vancouver. The crew must have been North of Vancouver, not over the Columbia.

Conclusion,, the FBI got it right and Cooper jumped between about 8:10/11 and 8:15 latest, not over the Columbia. Tom's diatoms also indicate the money did not land in the Columbia.

I have been working on an entirely new TBAR theory that,,

maintains the FBI flightpath

maintains the FBI LZ

introduces the money into the Columbia R in Spring when the money find spot is underwater

(edited)
1 hour ago, Chaucer said:

Nice boots, man. 

No big deal, Chaucer. 'They' come after me all the time. B) But not at Dropzone, since that would require them to come out from the weeds to do so. My point of view is that all points of view from ALL people are welcome...as long as they don't start getting personal about it and attacking you and everyone you ever knew at every turn for no good reason except the personal issues they have going. Sometimes they go to extremes, but mostly it just backfires on them. :thumbup: They take themselves too seriously sometimes and forget there is some fun associated with the Cooper case. One definition of fun might be this video and Bowie's lead guitarist doing his thing on that Les Paul. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I agree that the terminology is imprecise. Still, I think it is fine to conclude that the so-called “oscillations” were created by Cooper making his way out on to the aftstairs, and the “pressure bump” was created by Cooper jumping from the aircraft.

I don’t think Cooper ended up in the Columbia that night. However, I think it is quite possible that Cooper and/or the money ended up near the Columbia - perhaps along the riverbank or one of the islands. Then the waters rose during the floods and transported the money to Tena Bar via debris. 

So, with the imprecise times and overall margin of error, Cooper could have jumped near the banks of the Columbia. 

35 minutes ago, Chaucer said:

I agree that the terminology is imprecise. Still, I think it is fine to conclude that the so-called “oscillations” were created by Cooper making his way out on to the aftstairs, and the “pressure bump” was created by Cooper jumping from the aircraft.

I don’t think Cooper ended up in the Columbia that night. However, I think it is quite possible that Cooper and/or the money ended up near the Columbia - perhaps along the riverbank or one of the islands. Then the waters rose during the floods and transported the money to Tena Bar via debris. 

So, with the imprecise times and overall margin of error, Cooper could have jumped near the banks of the Columbia. 

Of course it is imprecise... that isn't even debatable.

grayoscillations.jpeg.e87a229a42a849286775166bd6da3322.jpeg.da685353af91bf5199cbf79118581ee1.jpeg

The "identical" results of the sled test don't support your claim... 

The statements of the crew don't support your claim...

Your claim is conjecture. Nothing wrong with conjecture but that is what it is.

Is it possible the money landed on the banks of the Columbia, sure anything is "possible" but it is unlikely and requires a rejection of evidence that Cooper did. It is even possible dropped money could have fallen off the stairs after Cooper jumped,,, there is no evidence to support the claim that Cooper landed in the Columbia or on its banks.

35 minutes ago, Chaucer said:

Of course it is imprecise... that isn't even debatable.

grayoscillations.jpeg.e87a229a42a849286775166bd6da3322.jpeg.da685353af91bf5199cbf79118581ee1.jpeg

The "identical" results of the sled test don't support your claim... 

The statements of the crew don't support your claim...

Your claim is conjecture. Nothing wrong with conjecture but that is what it is.

Is it possible the money landed on the banks of the Columbia, sure anything is "possible" but it is unlikely and requires a rejection of evidence that Cooper did. It is even possible dropped money could have fallen off the stairs after Cooper jumped,,, there is no evidence to support the claim that Cooper landed in the Columbia or on its banks.

(edited)

Co-pilot Bill Rataczak has been fairly clear on the idea that although there were 'oscillations' and 'pressure bumps' on the gauge or whatever...that there was a definite difference between those and The One Big One they felt in the cabin that told them Cooper had actually jumped. They radioed this information out. He has said this to Skipp Porteous for the interview Skipp did with him, he's said it in the San Francisco newspaper article from 1996 (25th anniversary interview he did with them) and a number of other sources. How plain does it have to be? When Cooper jumped, the lights of Vancouver and Portland were still OUT IN FRONT of the aircraft. That has been well-established according to testimony. 

The only REAL problem is that Captain Scott has never really discussed the hijacking much with media, so we don't have a second viewpoint here. Rataczak was made point man by both Flight Engineer Harold Anderson and Scott. And that IS a problem. Imagine for a moment, if you will, had these three men gotten together and did interviews for TV or other media once or twice. We would hear corrections or clarifications by them to one of the others' observations about the hijacking. We would have a much clearer picture on what actually happened. 

This, my friends, is the basic problem. Three guys on the flight deck, and input 98% from just one of them. And it's the co-pilot. 

I see over at the Cooper Forum today that Eric Ulis has high hopes that Tina Mucklow will show up for the convention. That's pretty doubtful since Mucklow's family has read Bruce Smith's Mountain News column a few times, and although I don't plan to interfere...

We do have friends and supporters, (believe it or not) who think Bruce's foolishness in allowing one shit comment after another should be pointed out to the Dormuth family down in Shelton, WA. That's Tina's sister. She's married to the retired FBI agent. The family that Bruce tried to interview, and when he didn't get what he wanted from them on the first visit, (plus the family knew already that Bruce had pounded on Tina's door down in Springfield, OR and is viewed by the family as mean and possibly dangerous)...

Resulting in Bruce publishing a REALLY unflattering article about the Dormuth's at Mountain News....which the entire family saw...and made them swear never to talk about Cooper again to anyone...

(Complicated, ain't it?) B)

Resulting in...

Since some of our supporters do actually keep track of Bruce as well as the posts to THIS website....

That they feel empowered to warn the Dormuth family about Bruce, and tell them that he is a scheduled speaker at the convention...

And that this convention is trying to convince Tina (their sister) to appear at this convention...

(Are you getting all this? Welcome to the Reality Hotel if you are.)

And...that trying to get Mucklow to appear at an event where she and her family are fully aware of Bruce's crazy commenters and their current postings....

Is a big waste of Eric's time. Guess what, Eric. You don't get people like Tina Mucklow to appear when allowing your main speakers to engage in this type of behavior on their websites, especially when they already have a negative history with the family. B)

You want an actual headliner for your event? You better wake up and smell the coffee. No one's going to be happy with you if they spend all their money to travel to Vancouver and you can't get your act together and put on a professional event. I'm just one guy with two other people working on OUR Cooper-related (sort of) event and I'm doing better than you guys. And I don't have any financial supporters except Greg. I heard today you even shut out Colbert, not that I agree with his theory, and that your Facebook page is just the same old faces who mostly hang out at the Cooper Forum. You and your friends weren't even smart enough to drop your useless Hate Blevins baloney and cooperate enough to ensure support from AB of Seattle and OUR friends. Believe it or not, they exist. And I cannot control what THEY do, but I can assure you they are laughing at you, and they are not happy with Bruce. It would not surprise me if they contacted the Dormuth family and linked them to the filthy-ass comments at Mountain News, as well as the crazy ones, being made by a host of phony identities and strawmen.

On the same article where Bruce PROMOTES the convention...and YOU thank him for that. It's laughable. 

Tina will blow you off quicker than I blow off phone solicitors. 

I told you all the start that setting aside the hatred and cooperating on Cooper for the 50th anniversary was the best way for both events to have maximum success. But as usual...you all responded with hatred, and now you will have to live with the results of that. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, our approach is working. We simply disengaged from you and went out on our own, and as a result, I get more inquiries all the time about the July event. More than 25 people reached out to me today. This proves that positive works and negative does NOT. What you want is The Eric Show, but if you were actually smart you would make it the Cooper Headliners show instead, and simply benefit from that. That's how we made the July Party a success. It's not about ME. It's about everyone else, ensuring THEY have fun and attend something they will remember for a long time. I'm just the guy in the background setting it up for them and my main goal is to ensure THEY have fun, not me. I just do the work. But there are natural benefits from doing that and I don't have to chase them like Wile E. Coyote going after the Road Runner. It just happens naturally when you approach things this way. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 6/22/2021 at 9:25 AM, Chaucer said:

FJ,

Chaucer- but you are being argumentative. That’s what you do. Do you think people can’t figure that out by reading your posts on here and the DB Cooper Forum? 

(edited)

'The oscillations were reported at 8:11/8:12. The pressure bump - the final pressure event indicating Cooper had left the plane - was never reported during the flight...'

Yes, it WAS reported. By Bill Rataczak. He said something on the radio when this happened. It is in the files. I don't know the exact words he used, but it went something like this:  "I think our friend has taken leave of us..."

Someone will know the exact words and source, but this information has been available for quite a while. 

There is a second source, and that was Rataczak's interview with Skipp Porteous. The question from Porteous was whether the flight crew knew when Cooper jumped, and where he may have landed:

"I do know that our technical support people who were on the radio with us during the hijacking, especially Paul Soderlind, tried to determine the exact area where Cooper might have jumped. We relied heavily on him for technical information during the flight. He was head of Technical Operations in our Flight Training Department.

Paul and many others did a lot of work trying to determine the exact area in general, and then tried to narrow down where the hijacker could have landed after he jumped from the airplane. They finally determined the likely spot. Well, our crew on board was 99% sure they were correct because >>>>we felt a tremendous amount of pressure bump in our ears when the aft stairs rebounded when they closed..."<<<<

(My highlighting of the final sentence.)

Or as Rataczak said later in the interview:

"We know WHEN Cooper jumped. We just don't know where he landed."

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Was off work so I spent most of the day organizing the totes carrying much of the gear for the UFO Skywatch/DB Cooper Party thingie-thing. You would NOT believe what is involved. The printed check off list runs two full pages. If anyone in Cooperland decides at the last minute to try and attend, you MUST contact me first or you WILL be turned away. And I mean that. Everyone that is already coming, (so far about 15 SUFON members and their guests, unknown number, and a bit more than that who signed up when it was to be a Cooper-only event)...all of these people either RSVP'd us or arranged attendance by email. Now I'm making it a requirement except I may allow some drop ins who just happen to be passing by looking for a spot to camp. But they will be screened first and no one else from Cooperland will be allowed without prior arrangement. Also no one under 21. The cutoff date to contact us is Monday noon, July 5th. After that, the webpages come down, the Contact Form vanishes, and the informational PDF goes away. Further requests to attend will be ignored. 

I didn't want to do all this, but Bruce Smith sort of forced us into it. You may not know, but when we did the Cooper Campout down to Mount Hood, we made public where the meetup point was in Estacada, Oregon...and the same jerks who post at Bruce's place started making threats to show up at that mini mart in Estacada and cause trouble. So we changed the meetup point at the last minute. But this time there is no need for a meetup point. Everyone knows where they are going. Attendance is now by arrangement only. I figure now we will get about 50-70 people and 75 is our max anyway under Forest Service group camping rules. So everything will be fine, I'm sure. And yes...I will do non-phony video and pictures of the event for YouTube, cross posted to a few other websites. Plus an article for WordPress and Quora Cooper. You can put the video and still shots through analysis to make sure they aren't photoshopped. ^_^ Someone over at Mountain News said we would fake the whole thing. That was kind of funny. 

I attached a picture of the basic view from the site. I think it was the location that finally got people to sign up. All those other roads dead end near the border of Mt Rainier National Park to some stunning viewpoints. At ground level, Mt Rainier is much closer of course. This is going to be a lot of fun, but tell you one thing...I'm never doing this again. Just too much work. One time is enough.

ViewSite.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 6/21/2021 at 3:02 PM, dudeman17 said:

Well you were the one who was supposed to try and find that out for us. Then you spent quite some time refusing to divulge what you had learned. More recently you inferred that you never actually talked to the (Sky Sports) guy. At this point it's hard to tell what to believe.

You mean about Emerick, of course. Let me put it this way. I no longer put everything on the internet concerning our work on the case. Everything, if anything...goes to WordPress or Quora Cooper, or maybe to YouTube. In other words, I no longer make everything I work on public. Can you really blame me? Do I have to explain why? I don't think so. B) 

The Information Highway on Cooper is not a one-way street. And I've had my fill of phony identities, strawmen, and hatred. ¬¬