21 21
quade

DB Cooper

49 minutes ago, Coopericane said:

Hey does anyone here know anything about any suspect(s) from Alaska? Specifically there is a guy mentioned in this podcast episode: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-missing-in-alaska-62503099/episode/dont-knock-arizona-83091216/ at about 45 minutes in. Interview with the relevant guy starts at about 25 minutes in for more context, but it's really just a fleeting mention, very interesting nonetheless.

I think there was one suspect from Alaska. Heck...you could name just about any state and the FBI probably investigated SOMEONE from that state. They checked out over a thousand people. 

(edited)

I think it's okay to post screenshots of your own emails that came to your own email address...so I decided to take some time and finally put the lie to people over at Bruce Smith's Mountain News who keep claiming that:

• Skipp Porteous rejected our book Into The Blast after it was published and wanted nothing to do with me afterward. 
  • That Skipp told both Galen Cook and Geoff Gray basically the same thing. 
  • Addressing other assorted lies being supported and hosted at Bruce Smith's Mountain News website. Most of these same people are also members of Shutter's DB Cooper Forum, although over at Mountain News the chicken-sheets use phony identities...all supported and hosted by your happy-happy featured speaker at the next Cooper Con, (you guessed it) Bruce Smith. AB staff, mostly based on evidence collected by Greg the Techie Guy, believe one of the phony identities at Mountain News is actually Bruce Smith himself, supporting strawman posts he creates himself. 

As that guy said in the movie, Dark City:

"And now you know the truth..."

BookEndorsement.jpg

GrayAndGalenComments.jpg

LastMessageFromSkipp.jpg

NotHealed.jpg

RatchetUpThePressure.jpg

Invitation.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

What you have just read above is only a small sample of the HUNDREDS of emails Skipp Porteous and I exchanged over the years, from between 2008 and 2017. It was some trouble to search some of them out, paste them into a format that shows everyone they are legitimate emails, and present them to Cooperland. 

If you are reading this now, and are either a fan of the Cooper case, or an armchair investigator, or perhaps a supporter of the upcoming Cooper convention in November, then you have a choice. 

You can either choose to believe lies and hatred, or consider the idea that sometimes people ARE actually telling you the truth. Your job, should you decide to accept it, is to determine where the truth actually is. Anything else is baloney. 

Supporting hatred and lies gets you nowhere, but as I found out...sometimes presenting the truth can make you a few enemies. But in my opinion, those people don't count because they have personal issues going and don't enjoy being called out on their baloney.

It really comes down to the meme below:

JealousThreePoints.jpg.17c11d6d8897be10034cfefef4f190c5.jpg

See you in July. B)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Oh, brother....if I didn't already have enough problems going trying to do this UFO Skywatch/Cooper Party thing...now comes ANOTHER roadblock. Because of the exceptionally heavy snow this year in the Cascades, some of which came very late in the spring...it is doubtful that the secondary route to the site will even be accessible. 

To add insult to injury....the Forest Service has decided to close the MAIN route into the whole area out of Greenwater, the one following the river. Repairs this year to the road or something. Wonderful. 

The GOOD news is that MUFON and SUFON are now supporting the event, and the SUFON group made me an event organizer just today. Maybe it's better to just do a list on the situation as a whole:

• Except for a few people, there has been little or no interest from the general Cooperland community for this event. We're actually getting much more support from the UFO folks. The SUFON group is over a thousand people and they like the idea of a UFO Skywatch event going two nights with full services and power, and frankly....music and party capability with a free lunch. Some of them want to speak at the event. 
  • I don't think that many people really care about attending a party that is mostly about DB Cooper anyway, whether they are in the public domain, or in the known folks of Cooperland. I think it's time to give up on the idea that Cooper will draw enough people on his own to make the whole thing worth the money and trouble to hold the event. Greg the Techie Guy and I are into this one a few thousand bucks already, and we don't want to waste our money. 
  • Combine all that with the idea that because of the heavy snows, chances are we would have to cancel our original planned location....and this tells me I have to re-do my thinking on this. I would have to ask people to take the secondary route, even if the snows melt in time...and that route is more complicated. People could get lost. We cannot do this. 

This is what I have decided, and for better or worse, it is FINAL:

• I am removing all references to the Cooper Party everywhere they exist...and shifting this to a strictly UFO Skywatch event to be held instead in the Olympics, not the Cascades. Most roads there are better than the Cascades, easier to reach from the Seattle/Portland/Tacoma/Olympia area, better for cell phone service, and just generally easier for everyone all around. The entry point for the event will be along the Hood Canal section of Highway 101, an area well known to me. I haven't decided on an exact site yet for the Olympics, but it won't take me long to do it. I'm favoring a place I call the 'High Lake,' which I know can be reached without much trouble, is a dead end site, and has plenty of room for people. 
  • It will not be a DB Cooper event. I am canceling that idea. It will be strictly a UFO event, with participants from SUFON, some from MUFON. And anyone from the general public who wishes to show up. 
  • Anyone on the current attendance list will be informed of the changes. They are still welcome to show up if they wish. I don't even care if they want to get up there on stage and discuss Cooper, but that will be voluntary. Most of the speakers will be people with an interest in UFO's, or who have a book out there on UFO's. 

Friggin' snow. Friggin' US Forest Service road closures for the summer. They just announced these things a short time ago. I have to get to work on a few things now, and I will get back with more information, probably by later this evening. 

Ulis keeps claiming the SeaFirst bank bag was size H... making stuff up again..

This is a vintage SeaFirst large bag..  29.5 x 19.5,, bigger than H.

There is no evidence that the bank bag was too small to tie.

s-l1600-10.thumb.jpg.7db221435948f10cc44ea407661ba1c6.jpg

(edited)
6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Ulis keeps claiming the SeaFirst bank bag was size H... making stuff up again..

This is a vintage SeaFirst large bag..  29.5 x 19.5,, bigger than H.

There is no evidence that the bank bag was too small to tie.

s-l1600-10.thumb.jpg.7db221435948f10cc44ea407661ba1c6.jpg

I don't understand where Eric Ulis is coming from with this claim. (Haven't seen his claim myself, but I will take your word for it.) Are we talking about the bag the money was actually delivered to Cooper in? More than one witness saw the bag come on board and Rataczak gave a description of it to Skipp Porteous:

He gave his description of the bag after Porteous asked him if there was ever a time during the hijacking when everyone got pretty frightened that Cooper might set off the bomb. The first time was when the crew had to tell him about the delays obtaining the money and the fuel. The other time was when the money arrived NOT in a backpack as Cooper had requested, but instead...THIS...

"Another time (we were worried) was when the money that was to be brought in by Tina was brought in a hap sack, a bag. I’m not quite sure how to describe the bag other than it was a very coarse hap sack with a leather shoulder strap across it and a leather handle and the $200,000 was in that. He wanted a hiking-type knapsack, but knapsacks weren’t as popular then as they are nowadays, where every kid in the street has one. But obviously someone in the bank had the bag..."

My guess, based on this description, is that the bag was the same as the type of bag you see armored car guards carry in and out of banks. 

(UPDATE: Much Ado About Nothing, as Shakespeare wrote once. Found out there are actually THREE routes to the site we selected for the July event, so I am going to make some minor changes and restore everything I took down yesterday. Probably do this later today. I found out the 74 road along the river, the route I was going to direct people to, has not been washed out recently...but has been since 2007 and everyone goes to the Haller Pass area on the other route anyway. Much of it is already snow-free. I was also able to view pictures that recent visitors to the area posted, showing the route is good and most of the snow is gone. By the second weekend of July, it should ALL be gone. So I guess we are okay.)

Anytime anyone thinks they can arrange all this stuff for so many people, get it up there, set it up, throw the party, and pack it all up at the end and get it home...feel free to take over. (*laughs*) It ain't easy. You can trust me on this one. 

BELOW: A couple of examples of the probable type of bag that was delivered to Cooper. Except that besides the leather handles, Rataczak also said it had shoulder straps on it as well. The 'If Found' reference on one of them is a joke I added. 

2027956421_BankBag.jpg.223be9b778c1fdd2dd7812dd156a0a4c.jpg

bankbag.jpg.1fecc1d7c83f267b4536abb175599c17.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Hate to say it boys, but we've determined that Cooper is either dead or dying this year, (as in few people care about him anymore) and that's a hard thing to admit. 

Although anyone on our current email list will get the update, and are free to show up and talk about Cooper, most of the attendees in July are coming for the Skywatch Party instead. Cooper takes not just the back seat...but that third seat you have to install in the very back for grandma. It's too bad, but after five months trying to get the public interested in a Cooper Party, I only got 'so many' to commit, and got half that many by email (or the Contact Form) the first day I made the switch to Skywatch. That, my friends, was a real eye-opener. UFO's seem to be hot right now...and Cooper is NOT. When I proposed to people that a Skywatch party from 5,000 feet and miles away from city lights was a REAL good place to do something like that...well, it didn't take much convincing. UFO authors, local researchers, witnesses, etc...are much more plentiful than Cooper fans these days. The Congressional report that is either already released (I haven't checked yet) or soon to be released will be a big bonus for discussions. 

I only have two thoughts on UFO's. I did see one from the 6,000 foot level, east side of Mt. Rainier in 1982. Two of us saw it. And I don't think Lonnie Zamora was lying. That's about it. Some people ask why they don't just get it over with and contact us directly, maybe land in front of the White House, for example. 

Easy answer:  They're probably not stupid. And they probably don't like the idea of being locked up and given really weird tests. Or as I said in a short story once:

If Earth was in some big galactic reference book of planets, and aliens looked up our entry, they might see this:

WARNING! This planet is Class Z. 
Inhabitants are xenophobic and warlike. 
Do NOT attempt landing.

You just KNOW how it would go with the Earth people. You would land, and the next thing you know you are being prodded and dissected, and then made into cat food. B)

I already took Greg's money and spent a lot of it today at Amazon. So we are committed. No turning back now, and no more references to this event at Dropzone. I don't figure many of you in Cooperland would show up, and the only one who is really local to the event isn't invited anyway. ¬¬ He would have to ask and there would be requirements. But no worries. He will never do that. 

EDIT: I have done cartoons occasionally on other subjects besides Marla Cooper or the Cooper case in general. Even UFO's...

alienarticle2.jpg

alienarticle3.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Sent out one final message to everyone on the VIP and public 'Cooper Party' email lists. Told them the theme of the party has been changed, that we have aligned with SUFON and MUFON to instead host the UFO Skywatch in July...and that the email lists will now be deleted. (Not the contacts themselves, just the two groups and the names for them we assigned. Everyone is still in our address book.)

Looks like interest in this change of event is going well. Requests are coming in faster than when we tried Cooper. This is good I suppose, but I was still a little sad about it. We did try for more than five months, but got little to no support from the general Cooper community. UFO folks are easier to work with, I found out. 

Or maybe it's like Greg told me a few days ago. 

"Face it Bob. UFO's are hot. Cooper is NOT."

Well, okay. I can see that, especially this year. Cute line, Greg. 

Due to ongoing attacks showing up on a website hosted by one of the main speakers at this November's Cooper Con, we have officially taken a position of non-support on it, and if asked...that is what we will say. And then we will link those inquiries to a string of crap comments at Bruce Smith's Mountain News. We won't publish articles or do videos directly attacking Cooper Con...but we are ignoring it. We just want nothing to do with it. Too much baloney, too many lies, too much online hatred involved in the whole thing. There is enough hate going right now in America, and we will have no part of it. 

I'm sure some people will show up to Cooper Con. That's fine and we hope you have fun. But a dollar to a doughnut says we show people a much more fun event in July. No more links to anything about it. I said I wouldn't do that anymore at Dropzone, and besides....we're not hard to find. ¬¬ Anyone in Cooperland is still welcome to show up, with the exception of Bruce Smith at Mountain News. He's still allowing shit comments one after another, and strings of lies, also one after another. That boy will never learn.

Our advice to Eric Ulis if he reads this post is to get a handle on Smith before he drives more people away from Cooper Con. If Cooper Con does a crash and burn, you won't be able to blame that on me this time. No way, baby. 

EDIT: Things are finally looking up. After I sent out that group email notifying people about the changes to the July event, the responses started coming in. Every one of them was positive, such as the one from 'Brenna,' who is bringing two carloads of friends and all their camping gear. She mentions that they've all been vaccinated. (We were requiring that for a while.) She was also curious for more details on why we dumped the Cooper theme. This is what I said to her in my reply:

'Hi Brenna,
We're not requiring people to 'prove' they've been vaccinated. We dropped that. By July 9th, most people will already have received the shot(s) anyway. Here in WA state, they say a majority of residents have received at least one shot now. And it's still a month to the event. What we found out after five months of just trying to do strictly Cooper was that there just wasn't enough interest from people. Plus, because of jealousy issues from other Cooper investigators, we got little to no support from the general Cooperland community. (Our name for the most involved investigators and fans of the case.) They saw us as a threat or something, which was ridiculous. 

I also found out that UFO folks are much more numerous, and easier to deal with. (laughs) They have less personal issues. You know...at 5,000 feet with a great view of the sky and Mount Rainier, it was always the perfect spot for a UFO Skywatch party. Greg at Adventure Books is the one who finally faced facts and gave me the suggestion. Or like he said a few days ago:
"Face it, Bob. UFO's are hot. Cooper is NOT."
He's right. At least this year. Maybe the Congressional report will come out before July 9th. The one on UFO's. Feel free to post the PDF or link the party page anywhere you wish, or send out the PDF to anyone. See you and your friends when you show up. It should be a lot of fun. 
Sincerely, Robert'

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Cooper News of the Week: (not a lot, I'll admit)

• The hate comments continue to pile up at Cooper investigator and author Bruce Smith's Mountain News website. On the same article where he promotes November's 2021 DB Cooper Convention. Yeah...that's REALLY going to convince people to cough up $21.50 a seat to attend. At least one of the people making the hate-based posts is actually Bruce himself, using a phony ID on his own WordPress blog to support this hatred. He thinks people are dumb, I guess. 

• A new Cooper author (Mark Himrich) has emerged and his 2014 book, Cascade Caper, sounds interesting. It's fiction based on the Cooper hijacking with a good twist. He merges the hijacking with the famous Escape From Alcatraz story. Unfortunately, his publishing company, which sounds like a vanity press, is no longer listing the book and there are no copies available at Amazon, or on the Ingram database at wholesale. MESSAGE FOR MARK:  Don't listen to the bozos at Mountain News, who will lie to you even after they get their covers pulled on their lies. Get the rights back to your book from the vanity and contact me by email. I will show you how to put your book into worldwide distribution at the trade rate and make a good profit on each sale. ('Trade rate' means releasing at 50% off the price on the cover.) And me showing you how this is done costs you not a single red cent. You should also release for the Kindle. E-book sales are rapidly catching up to paper versions, and on many books, have exceeded the paper versions in sales. When you release at the trade rate like the big boys do, the only difference is they have a bigger marketing budget than you do. But you do like the idea of regular deposits appearing in your PayPal or bank account each month, (Ingram) or straight to the bank account. (Amazon) Don't do like Bruce Smith did and release a paperback at $25 a copy strictly at Amazon. No wholesalers will pick it up, and your sales will always be abysmal. Trust me on this one. I've been in the small press business for more than 15 years now. 

• The July 9-11 combination Cooper and UFO Party (mostly UFO, I'll admit) is going well. I think we will get at least modest attendance now, with some drop-ins over that weekend. These folks have no idea how much fun they are going to have, but I can assure you it is 'a lot'. Unlike the folks you find in Cooperland, I discovered working with the UFO people is a lot easier, and if they exaggerate maybe it's only about seeing a certain UFO, and they are generally much more friendly. I can hardly wait. If nothing else, the view from the party site is unbelievable. The PDF about this event at AB has been downloaded more than 200 times in the last few days. How many of the people who did that will actually show up in July, I haven't a clue. It's a long drive and a two-day commitment. But it's encouraging. 

• I've decided to take down the two videos at YouTube where I sort of poke fun at Eric Ulis. With Bruce Smith trying his best to trash the convention that Ulis is trying to organize, I figure Eric needs all the help he can get. I actually feel sorry for him these days. If I were Eric, I would have told Bruce weeks ago to either remove the phony and hateful comments from the Convention article...or find yourself sitting in the audience instead of speaking to the crowd. That is the difference between Eric and myself. I wouldn't put up with it if it was MY money being used to rent the theater and meet other expenses. If few show up due to Bruce's actions...Eric's sponsors like Northwest Escape's Rob Bertrand will be disappointed. Wake-up call, Cooper fans. No one cares whether a few people like me or not, or tell lies about AB of Seattle or not. We're a wholesale trade publisher. We don't sell books ourselves, and your comments don't affect our business in the slightest. We release through Ingram at the trade rate. You can't even buy a book from us directly. Despite your best efforts and continual lying, Into The Blast still sells between (on average) 50-200 copies or so worldwide through Ingram each month. Month in, month out. Year in, year out. This has been going since January 2011. Maybe you should just admit defeat. :handok:Sales are so steady each month on our best three titles that I made arrangements in my will years ago to pass the royalties on to my oldest daughter. That was easily arranged. But I did tell her that she might have to wait for a long while before she takes over AB of Seattle. I don't plan on checking out anytime soon. I have a theory that people (in general) should hang around as long as possible....just to see what happens next. Good or bad, it will probably be interesting. 

• The person claiming to be Marla Cooper over at Mountain News is quoted as saying that if I showed up to the Convention in November, she might show up herself. PROBLEM: She's already ON the speaker's list for the Convention. What's up with that? If she is a phony identity that Bruce Smith supports, she kind of slipped there. Bruce answers her posts as if he knows she's the real Marla Cooper. Really? Whatever is going on, it's best if you keep a notebook on what you post, to make it easier for you to remember when you are lying and when you are not. B)

• And that's all the news that's fit to print. 
Edited by RobertMBlevins

Circling back...

The fluctuations/oscillations increased AFTER the test sled/weight left the stairs. This indicates that Cooper left right before the crew reported increased oscillations at 8:11/10. Rataczak said: 'That's just the way It was 8:10 p.m. Nov 24.' The confusion is the post event rationalization by the crew to distinguish the increase in frequency and magnitude of the oscillations by using the term "pressure bump". Minor oscillations/fluctuations were there for some time prior to the crew message, they just increased in frequency and magnitude. The crew did not comprehend what was going on at the time but reported the "pressure bump" in retrospect. The sled test showed that the oscillations/fluctuations INCREASED AFTER the weight left the stairs NOT BEFORE.

Also, the stairs retracted to within eight inches of closed.

and

Three subsequent 727 bailouts also exhibited the same rapid fluctuations.

This means Cooper did not jump over/near the Columbia River and the FBI got the LZ correct as far south as Battle Ground.

576086394_fluctuationsfeltFBI23113.jpeg.087210c18ab02b3812ca8a704c5521d5.jpeg

FBI p# 23113

..dropped off while a chase plane photographed its trajectory as it parachuted to the ground.

“As the load left the stairway it re-tracted to within eight Inches of closing, then dropped back down. The result was a marked fluctuation In the cabin air pressure which caused the crews ears to pop and registered a rapid change In the rate of on instruments In the cockpit.

"Rataczak said: 'That's just the way It was 8:10 p.m. Nov 24.' Only the crew dtdn't know what it meant then. They didn't know be had bailed out until they landed at Reno and found the plane empty.”

The same rapid fluctuations in air pressure were noted in three bailouts from 727 airliners in the next few months, before the FAA ordered all rear doors rigged so they could not be opened in flight. 

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Coopericane said:

New release of FBI files, it's a big one.

https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper /d.b.-cooper-part-59-of-59/view

Yes. The old Seattle Flag story. The two guys who tried that one ended up in jail. The Flag no longer exists. 

Rataczak may have said what he did later, but at the time of the pressure bump stuff he also said he thought Cooper had just jumped. Turned out he was right. 

These file releases would probably be more interesting if the FBI started with the most RECENT files and worked their way backward. 

UPDATE ON July 9-11 (Mostly UFO Skywatch and SOME DB Cooper Party). Apps are coming in as people are starting to hear about it. We have two Cooper speakers. Everyone else will be talking about UFO's. Their sightings, their beliefs mostly. I made another Amazon order today from the gear list I had going there. This is pretty exciting stuff, I will admit. The PDF has now been downloaded nearly 300 times now, as far as we can tell from Greg's monitoring of that. I meet with him on Sunday to discuss some logistical questions on hauling all that gear up there for the event. Kyle D, the guy who found all that money behind KC's house (with his friends) back in 1998, is one of the speakers. But it's 20% Cooper, and 80% UFO's, to be frank about it. 

Our thanks go out to Greg the Techie Guy for helping finance the whole thing. In the end, because I already had so much of necessary gear going for this event, he only had to contribute about $3,000 to make it all work. I will always be grateful to him. 

Picture below is of the money Kyle and his friends discovered on the property just above KC's house. NO...these bills are not from the ransom. But someone sure went to a lot of trouble on it. The money was stored in a handmade wooden box, sort of like the wood you would find on an old apple box, and the money was sealed in heavy plastic. Whoever did it was a bit of a craftsman. Our theory on it? We already know KC built a hiding spot in his attic made from the old countertops he pulled from his kitchen after he remodeled that kitchen. We think the money on the hill, which was on HIS property was simply bug-out money he buried there later. Just in case. Serial numbers on the bills are from 1984-86 series. KC was still living there then, and for years afterward. We figure it almost to a certainty that KC was the guy who buried it there. Would YOU bury YOUR money on someone else's property in full view of the property owner's house? That would be foolish beyond belief. Yes, it was probably KC who buried it. And in a spot easily seen from the back of the house. 

1998MoneyPicture.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Georger is trolling Shutter's site again,

He has distorted, twisted and outright lied about my post here, as usual.

All the members of Shutter's site need to know that Georger is intentionally misinforming them regarding the Cooper case to advance his own views.

He is toxic and continues to waste everyone's time.

45 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Georger is trolling Shutter's site again,

He has distorted, twisted and outright lied about my post here, as usual.

All the members of Shutter's site need to know that Georger is intentionally misinforming them regarding the Cooper case to advance his own views.

He is toxic and continues to waste everyone's time.

Greg the Techie Guy strongly believes that Georger is also posting lies about Skipp Porteous, Geoff Gray, AB of Seattle in general...LOL...about everyone or anyone I have ever met in the Cooper case...under a false identity at Bruce Smith's Mountain News. He sent me a document comparing phrases and syntax done by the phony at Mountain News, and ones done legitimately by Georger over at the Cooper Forum. For one thing, Greg says...some of the insults posted at MN are the same as ones Georger was using years ago when Shutter was allowing that sort of thing at HIS website. 

Confusing, ain't it? B)

I wouldn't call Georger toxic exactly. He just thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He may be smarter than a LOT of people, maybe even me...but Greg the Techie Guy is hard to fool. Eric Ulis is probably ripping his hair out wondering when Bruce Smith will start acting like a man, and STOP openly supporting hatred and lies on the same article at MN where he promotes Cooper Con. At first I was angry about it. Now I just let everyone know what's going on, and (mostly) laugh about it. It will definitely come back to bite them when November gets closer. We just stored away some screenshots from MN, to protect ourselves later. After seeing the first 60 or so posts to the article, I figured that was enough and moved on. Had to quit going there. Having sex with aliens? Letting people rack up the hate-based posts by the score? Bruce Smith was a pretty good reporter once, at least part of the time. Now he's descended into the gutter and doesn't seem to care if he hurts the Convention where he intends to speak. 

If ticket sales tank, partly because of Bruce's actions...Eric and his friends, especially concerning his money and his sponsors...will not like Bruce one bit. Can't say I blame them. I tried to be reasonable with Bruce and send him a couple of emails trying to talk some sense into him. Mailtrack, which I used for a while doing this...said he never even opened the emails. So I quit trying to work with him on this issue. Sometimes it's best to just pay out the rope to people and let them learn for themselves. I've been pretty patient on this issue for a while now, but even MY patience has limits. If it continues through the summer, at some point I am going to email blast all that crap, those screenshots, (with a cover message) to everyone involved in the Convention, including the Kiggins Theater staff, the Oregonian, and the online version of that paper. Plus a WordPress article and a notice out to the 2,000 followers of the DB Cooper Space at Quora. 

I have not reached this point YET. There is a little soul-searching here. For one thing, I like Mark M ('377') and I know he plans to attend the Convention. And I have to respect Eric Ulis for simply putting up the money to rent the theater, because it isn't cheap. I checked. But someone involved in this convention needs to have a talk with Bruce and make him remove his head from his behind before he drags down everyone involved in that convention with him, and possibly disappoints a lot of people. My solution to this problem was pretty simple, and directed at Eric Ulis. Eric should bring the hammer down on Bruce Smith and tell him that if he doesn't remove those comments, he will be banned from the convention. Personally, I would have done this weeks ago if I were Eric. I can't imagine he likes the situation. 

Now you know why I screen all comments to my YouTube videos, Cooper WordPress, and why the Quora Cooper site is restricted to legitimate, identifiable users only. But that last part is pretty common at Quora. It's famous for being a site where almost everybody answers questions under their real name and real background. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Geoffrey Gray's book claimed Cooper had Benzedrine,, 

https://books.google.ca/books?id=01dWQTJamLkC&pg=PA60&lpg=PA60&dq=d+b+cooper+benzedrine&source=bl&ots=6LwP5pqTjw&sig=ACfU3U2RWJulFeDoWIswfgPmsAI37g8gpg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiyj7DvnY7xAhWE754KHZlNBvAQ6AEwEXoECBgQAw#v=onepage&q=d b cooper benzedrine&f=false

Tosaw claimed Cooper "had pills for the crew.."

Here an article in the FBI files claims Cooper had Benzedrine for the crew.

113071oregonianbenzedrenefood.jpeg.dab44c41eaa002ca3b2addde41c30837.jpeg.156b899d7f87a5ff9fc15b80fbe6d1e2.jpeg

Safe to conclude Cooper had Benzedrine for the crew... no evidence they took it.

So what does this suggest...  

Why have Benzedrine for the crew for a 5.5 hour event if his plan was to jump in the PNW. It doesn't make sense. It does make sense if Cooper's initial plan was to jump much later and South of the US border.

I have alone argued that evidence suggests Cooper's initial plan was to jump much later but changed his LZ when Reno came into play. 

Cooper initially demanded airstairs lowered in flight then during negotiations with the crew he changed it. 

The pilot transmissions of his initial demand was airstairs lowered after takeoff. FACT

stairsloweredafttakeoffaa.jpg.1d50e127d1c3ab0241c97b3f8253dacb.jpg

The FBI files also confirm by stating that Cooper demanded airstairs extended after take-off then later changed the demand to before take off. FACT

stairinitdemand.jpeg.f635c8a7e60531879eb47a210d102050.jpeg.93b44eacdff5157b37f14ae58c19f60e.jpeg

Back to Benzedrine...  

Why would Cooper need to have Benzedrine available and offer it to the crew for an event from 2:50 in the afternoon to 8:11 in the evening unless Cooper initially had a much longer trip planned. 

There is probably a larger discussion about Benzedrine and the military connection.

Any other swarthy 727 hijackers have Benzedrine for the crew???

Benzedrine was used by Hahneman for himself and the crew for the long journey to Southern Mexico.

Daily News from New York, New York (Hahneman)

May 6, 1972

the plane circled in a 100-mile holding pattern over northern Virginia and Washington. Then, shortly after 7 p.m., the plane landed for a second time at Dulles, this time to remain for about an hour for 10 minutes. During his second stop, the first bundle of money was swapped for a second bundle and the hijacker also demanded and got five Benzedrine tablets, or "Bennies," probably to keep him awake, and several evening newspapers. 

I DO NOT give Georger permission to copy this post in full or in part.

FLYJACK

7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Geoffrey Gray's book claimed Cooper had Benzedrine,, 

https://books.google.ca/books?id=01dWQTJamLkC&pg=PA60&lpg=PA60&dq=d+b+cooper+benzedrine&source=bl&ots=6LwP5pqTjw&sig=ACfU3U2RWJulFeDoWIswfgPmsAI37g8gpg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiyj7DvnY7xAhWE754KHZlNBvAQ6AEwEXoECBgQAw#v=onepage&q=d b cooper benzedrine&f=false

Tosaw claimed Cooper "had pills for the crew.."

Here an article in the FBI files claims Cooper had Benzedrine for the crew.

335147650_CooperbenzadrineFBIp23008.jpeg.a809f79349dad01f94b05c0cd2bce2a0.jpeg

Safe to conclude Cooper had Benzedrine for the crew... no evidence they took it.

So what does this suggest...  

Why have Benzedrine for the crew for a 5.5 hour event if his plan was to jump in the PNW. It doesn't make sense. It does make sense if Cooper's initial plan was to jump much later and South of the US border.

I have alone argued that evidence suggests Cooper's initial plan was to jump much later but changed his LZ when Reno came into play. 

Cooper initially demanded airstairs lowered in flight then during negotiations with the crew he changed it. 

The pilot transmissions of his initial demand was airstairs lowered after takeoff. FACT

stairsloweredafttakeoffaa.jpg.1d50e127d1c3ab0241c97b3f8253dacb.jpg

The FBI files also confirm by stating that Cooper demanded airstairs extended after take-off then later changed the demand to before take off. FACT

stairinitdemand.jpeg.f635c8a7e60531879eb47a210d102050.jpeg.93b44eacdff5157b37f14ae58c19f60e.jpeg

Back to Benzedrine...  

Why would Cooper need to have Benzedrine available and offer it to the crew for an event from 2:50 in the afternoon to 8:11 in the evening unless Cooper initially had a much longer trip planned. 

There is probably a larger discussion about Benzedrine and the military connection.

Any other swarthy 727 hijackers have Benzedrine for the crew???

Benzedrine was used by Hahneman for himself and the crew for the long journey to Southern Mexico.

Daily News from New York, New York (Hahneman)

May 6, 1972

the plane circled in a 100-mile holding pattern over northern Virginia and Washington. Then, shortly after 7 p.m., the plane landed for a second time at Dulles, this time to remain for about an hour for 10 minutes. During his second stop, the first bundle of money was swapped for a second bundle and the hijacker also demanded and got five Benzedrine tablets, or "Bennies," probably to keep him awake, and several evening newspapers. 

I DO NOT give Georger permission to copy this post in full or in part.

FLYJACK

One of the pics didn't show up,,  added it in again.

You know, it's a funny thing but Cooper uses terminology in this note message that sounds to me like he'd worked around passenger aircraft, and was familiar with them. Especially his use of the word 'aft' and referring to the First Class Aisle curtain by its proper name. I think your usual Joe would have said, "No one back of that curtain." Or "No crew back here," perhaps. Maybe even, "Everybody stays in the cockpit." The term "Flaps 15" is how a pilot would call out an order like that. Someone unfamiliar with flight deck procedure, or a total novice to the air might say, "Set the flaps at 15 degrees." instead. 

It's hard to say for sure. But he just rolls that stuff out for the crew like he's been there before, as they say. 

The Benzedrine is a different story. The use of amphetamines in the early 70s was damn near an epidemic. Teens, truckers, overworked housewives and husbands, their use was prevalent. Here in the Northwest you had two ways to go. You could get an easy prescription from a doctor. They were still doing diet pill prescriptions by the boatload back then. Or you could get a dime bag of the little white pills easily. They cut off the corner of a baggie and dropped like fifty in there for you. These were black market produced amphetamines, not from the drug companies. The phrase Speed Kills went from being a traffic warning to a statement on the use of amphetamines. I was living in the Seattle area back in 1971 and I saw all these things. It went on for several years until the Feds starting cracking down on the illegal manufacturers and the diet pill doctors. 

There are a number of reasons why Cooper might carry Benzedrine and even offer them to the crew. Just pulling off the hijacking without getting killed was a stressful job in itself. The crew had already flown for hours all the way from Minneapolis, with a couple of stops along the way, and only when they finally reached Portland did the party start. Maybe Cooper wasn't sure how long it would take to raise $200,000 and four parachutes and didn't want to get caught sleeping on the job. Perhaps he wanted something to keep him going once he reached the ground. It is hard to say. If he offers to the crew, then he knows they must be close to exhaustion themselves. He ordered meals for them as well, which tells me he wasn't totally psychotic anyway. 

Flying down to Phoenix pretty soon to visit the folks. When I return, all focus goes into the final arrangements for the Greenwater party. I think people will have a lot of fun. I always like to make it a bit hard on people to show up to these things, even when we were doing the Cooper Campouts. For all except one, we asked them to drive into the Olympic Mountains for a few days. We would always get 25-30 really hardcore people who would show up somehow. I'm sure they never regretted it. 

This time, we're pulling out all the stops and no amount of hatred spewed at Adventure Books of Seattle about this particular party will change a thing. Whether only 7 or 75 show up, they will all have a lot of fun. And that's the main thing, folks. 

I made our last Amazon order this morning for the final gear we need, and after that it's just a last-minute stop at Costco a day or so before we head up there to toss one heck of an event. The lucky ones will find us. The haters will wish they HAD found us. B)

We don't deal in hate. There's enough of that going around already. The truth is that this is a special event, and the biggest we've ever done, and probably will do. And after we are done, we will be mostly extricating ourselves from the petty hatred and lies that seem to be a part of the Cooper case. 

Eric Ulis made a recent post at the Cooper Forum saying he thinks they will sell out and get 400-500 people to show this November. My experience on this is simple. Don't count on it. The last two times you got less than a hundred people to pay that entrance fee. And this time, you don't even have a headliner. You don't have any of the good witnesses, neither of the available stews, or either of the two top best-selling authors out there with Cooper books. On top of that, you have a renegade speaker living in a little trailer out in the middle of nowhere who keeps allowing hate based posts about other Cooper investigators.

People will see through that like glass after Windex, my friend. The site mainly supporting this event even plagiarized a fine book written by the same guy who you believe is Cooper. An anti-war book running over 600 pages that was used simply as bragging copies at your 2018 convention. In the meantime, you keep making up baloney stories about him, and even his (Sheridan Peterson) family will no longer speak to you. 

After your 2019 convention, a lady from Portland came forward and claimed that you were sending her invites and pictures of yourself for months afterward, trying to establish an unwanted relationship with her. We still have the emails. She asked us for our help, our advice. We did not know what to do. You blamed this on your ex-wife in Scottsdale...the same woman you were convicted of domestic violence with, according to the Phoenix PD. That is well-known. I can provide the link to the court record if you like. 

Greg at Adventure Books determined that the emails we received from this woman did not come from Scottsdale as you claimed, but from Portland.

Which means you lied. This does not surprise us. You have been doing that for a while now. All the anniversary TV shows this year aren't going to draw a crowd for you. What you need is to bring some honesty into your life. Except for a very small group, most of whom are invested, I think people will see through you fairly easily. 

On 6/11/2021 at 8:52 AM, FLYJACK said:

Circling back...

The fluctuations/oscillations increased AFTER the test sled/weight left the stairs. This indicates that Cooper left right before the crew reported increased oscillations at 8:11/10. Rataczak said: 'That's just the way It was 8:10 p.m. Nov 24.' The confusion is the post event rationalization by the crew to distinguish the increase in frequency and magnitude of the oscillations by using the term "pressure bump". Minor oscillations/fluctuations were there for some time prior to the crew message, they just increased in frequency and magnitude. The crew did not comprehend what was going on at the time but reported the "pressure bump" in retrospect. The sled test showed that the oscillations/fluctuations INCREASED AFTER the weight left the stairs NOT BEFORE.

Also, the stairs retracted to within eight inches of closed.

and

Three subsequent 727 bailouts also exhibited the same rapid fluctuations.

This means Cooper did not jump over/near the Columbia River and the FBI got the LZ correct as far south as Battle Ground.

576086394_fluctuationsfeltFBI23113.jpeg.087210c18ab02b3812ca8a704c5521d5.jpeg

FBI p# 23113

..dropped off while a chase plane photographed its trajectory as it parachuted to the ground.

“As the load left the stairway it re-tracted to within eight Inches of closing, then dropped back down. The result was a marked fluctuation In the cabin air pressure which caused the crews ears to pop and registered a rapid change In the rate of on instruments In the cockpit.

"Rataczak said: 'That's just the way It was 8:10 p.m. Nov 24.' Only the crew dtdn't know what it meant then. They didn't know be had bailed out until they landed at Reno and found the plane empty.”

The same rapid fluctuations in air pressure were noted in three bailouts from 727 airliners in the next few months, before the FAA ordered all rear doors rigged so they could not be opened in flight. 

No Georger, you revised your comment slightly but are still engaged in misinformation..

I stated the results of the sled test. The oscillations/fluctuations increased after the sled was dropped. It isn't my theory or opinion. I just stated the reported results of the sled test.

I also stated that there were fluctuations/oscillations before Cooper's believed jump time. You lied and claimed I stated there were none. The crew referred to them as "minor".

The point I was making was that based on the sled test the fluctuations/oscillations INCREASED in frequency and magnitude AFTER the weight left the stairs. For Cooper, that was later in retrospect referred to as the "pressure bump".. by the crew who did not fully realize what was happening in real time.

minor oscillations/fluctuations > Cooper jumps > dramatic increase in frequency/magnitude of oscillations/fluctuations aka "pressure bump"

You also lied by claiming I said Cooper jumped at Orchards.. I never claimed Cooper jumped at Orchards.

I said "as far South as Battle Ground" to emphasize the most southern point for the FBI LZ zone. The crew also stated that that they thought the (jump) time was no later than 8:15. Battle Ground is only the southern point for the LZ...  Cooper may have jumped further North.

Basically, the FBI got it right. There is no evidence to support the theory Cooper jumped over the Columbia, even the diatoms reject it.

hjlandingzone-map1.jpg.661621431f94d17b4774a49a68ef3379.jpg

The clipping is consistent with the sled test...

The "violent" change occurred after the weight left the stairs.

Anderson claimed it was identical with the hijacking.

sledtestaa.jpg.922bb2f7e3bfafdad353254cf4a1b81b.jpg

The so-called "pressure bump" is an oscillation.. it is one of increased magnitude.

grayoscillations.jpeg.e87a229a42a849286775166bd6da3322.jpeg

A:    I monitored the gauges and reported to Captain Scott.  We all agreed that the gauges were detecting a disruption of airflow, most likely caused by Cooper testing out the aft stairs.   But we all felt one physically distinguishable "bump" with our ears which came abruptly after we had been monitoring the gauges. We all felt it almost in unison, surprised, "there he goes!"  It was the largest bump by far, an abrupt pressure change.  We all thought he had exited the aircraft at that point, because the gauges never detected any further major airflow disruptions after that ‘thud’. The re-test duplicated the oscillations and the pressure bump exactly. 

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Flyjack says in part, quoting a report on the sled tests and the actual hijacked flight:

'A:    I monitored the gauges and reported to Captain Scott.  We all agreed that the gauges were detecting a disruption of airflow, most likely caused by Cooper testing out the aft stairs.   But we all felt one physically distinguishable "bump" with our ears which came abruptly after we had been monitoring the gauges. We all felt it almost in unison, surprised, "there he goes!"  It was the largest bump by far, an abrupt pressure change.  We all thought he had exited the aircraft at that point, because the gauges never detected any further major airflow disruptions after that ‘thud’. The re-test duplicated the oscillations and the pressure bump exactly. ..'

I would venture that this says it ALL, FJ. They're talking smack about you over at Shutter's DB Cooper Forum again. But they're just the same cowards who won't address you directly here at Dropzone DB Cooper...yes, DROPZONE, the Cooper Hangout that averages about a thousand views a day. Over at those other places you just find the same folks who invent phony identities and talk their smack about me as well...or Gayla...or Greg...or other Cooper authors like Geoff Gray, or just about anyone I've met on Cooper Road. So I know how it goes with them. 

Their latest thing is that they believe no one will show to the Cooper/UFO Skywatch Party, that Gayla won't attend, and that I will cancel at the last minute anyway. Right on one, wrong on the other two.

It's actually kind of funny all around. A quote below from the Bruce Smith Hate-Mongers Page:

'This isn’t hard to predict. Blevins will get three people to attend his party, himself, Greg, and Gaylah. Greg and Gaylah will both bail out the day before. Then, Blevins will comment at DZ that he had to postpone his camping trip because his mom got sick. Or, Blevins will photoshop some pictures of a bunch of people enjoying themselves around a campfire from a different event by different people. He’s not known as the biggest liar in the Cooper world for nuthin. LOL. Blevins outed himself a decade ago.
Of course, he’s totally banned for life from posting anything at the Mountain News and the Cooper Forum. Smith and Dave won’t have him, ever. His ONLY access to the Cooper World is at the DZ, and that site is now regarded as the garbage dump where hucksters and outcasts hang out. It’s the dustbin of the Cooper world, and a place for Blevins to bitch and moan. A pathetic place...'

The reason they say these things are twofold. They are afraid of us, and they are jealous. Simple as that. If neither of those things were true, they wouldn't bother laying all that attention on me. B) I guess I should bring them to the Reality Hotel. First thing you should know is that I wouldn't WANT to post to either MN or the Shutter Cooper Forum. I don't hang out with haters, (Mountain News) and posting to a place where the public can't even see links or pictures you post is useless. If you want to discuss banning....none of YOU are allowed to post at the Quora Space on DB Cooper...and that place has 2,000 followers who all get the latest post directly in their email box. The truth is, you are a very small, very closed group engaging in hatred, exclusion, and back-stabbing under false identities...and I will have nothing to do with you. As far as Dropzone, this is where the public hangs out, not the places YOU inhabit. That's why it gets (on average) about a thousand views a day, seven days a week, 365 a year. Your comments to our Cooper WordPress or our YouTube videos on Cooper are screened for content before being allowed to appear....because of your negative behavior. 

Here is the REAL situation, for the 'regular' folks in Cooperland:

• I've already spent a ton of Greg the Techie Guy's money. More than two grand. Shower tents, Amazon gift cards, a PA system, a portable gas BBQ, two portable flush toilets, power station gear, extension cords...blah, blah, blah. The list is endless. I couldn't back out if I wanted to....and yes...my mother is just fine. You guys are nothing but funny sometimes. But thank you for thinking about my mom. That was nice of you. 

• Gayla will NOT be attending. I see you wondered about that. We work together almost every day. She wants to relax at the house, and we have no one there except her to answer the phones and emails that may come on the weekend of the party. People could get lost, or they might have last minute questions. And we have a couple of cats she will be caring for. She wants to catch up on her recorded programs and relax. Besides....it was MY idea to do this event in the first place. So I am responsible for following through on it. 

• I expect we will get some drop ins over the weekend. It's starting to look like there will be a core group from SUFON (and their friends and family) in attendance, but many others will just be curious and come from the general public. And some Cooper folks who signed up to go months ago. Our email box has received SO many inquiries now about the party that I am considering removing all references online to the party, as well as the PDF download. We are limited to a maximum of 75 people, according to Forest Service rules, and frankly...I don't think we can handle any more than that. And on the way to the party site, we have to drop off a bundle of one-page maps with details about the party for the Greenwater General Store, last stop for anything out there. They look nice, I think, and are printed on card stock. 

• I actually DO hope you guys are successful at Cooper Con this November. But the way you are going, all you will accomplish is to drive people away. Your online behavior is worse than what you did before the LAST convention, and you got less than a hundred people to show up. What makes you think that by being WORSE you will increase attendance five fold? You guys are living in dreamland for sure. ¬¬

• The hard truth is...if you hadn't alienated everyone at Adventure Books of Seattle by your hate-based comments by the score, and all those lies...and accepted the fact that AB could have actually HELPED you fill those 400-500 seats that Eric Ulis wants to accomplish...maybe you would have had a chance to meet that goal. And we would have been more than happy to assist you. But you've lied about practically everyone in the Cooper case who isn't involved in your little group. This includes author Geoff Gray, the late Skipp Porteous, yours truly, and a bunch of other people. You are BLINDED by hatred and couldn't care less if that hatred causes Cooper Con 2021 to do a crash and burn. So, okay. Live with that.

Now we just do OUR thing...you can do YOURS, and you are on your own. We want nothing to do with any of you. We don't want to join your websites, hang out with you, or even be associated with you. 
Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

My conclusion is simple,, the FBI got the LZ right and Cooper jumped about 8:11. That is well short of the Columbia R.

So, Georger needs to prove the FBI's LZ is wrong. He can't.

The four stages of Georger

1 Ridicule, smear, lie and discredit

2 Obfuscate, distract and distort

3 Double down on stages 1 and 2

4 Spend years stuck in the Vortex pushing failed arguments

boeingtestpressure.jpeg.49b5ea6d08b797690c7006ecc775f06b.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK