21 21
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

It's too bad Tosaw didn't happen onto the scene a bit later, like say in 2005 or so, instead of the early 1980's. I think he would have gotten farther along with the case than he did. He would have had more tools, DNA possibilities, and the internet as a resource, for example. Perhaps he could have been an 'FBI file liaison' sort of like Geoff Gray managed to do, only more of those files. He simply came along a little too early in the game. That's an opinion only. I have read his book, but only once. Just one of many Cooper books I've collected (mostly via Amazon, although my copies of Ha Ha Ha came from Dona Elliot.) 

If you've seen the 'More FAQ's' page at Adventure Books about the Cooper Party, you may have noticed we finalized the party early and Greg has released the budget. So we are moving forward with that. One final update email will go out to the two groups we have on email lists. In order to get a more accurate picture of who is actually serious on attending, all recipients will be required to respond to the final update in order to be sent a copy of the PDF containing the maps, our phone numbers, the radio frequencies, and other information for the party. Anyone who does not respond will not receive one, although they are perfectly welcome to come up there to Greenwater and find us. Whoever shows up, shows up. Right now we expect a low of 50 people and maybe up to a hundred but not much more than that. Some people driving past over the weekend will undoubtedly be curious once they see the big banner and the gear setup, so we will probably get a few additional people just from that I suppose. 

We modified the ad we're running from now until the event, and cut out most of the 'fluff'. Responses have come in a few every week. It pretty much gets to to the point. A basic location is given, aka 'Snoqualmie National Forest - Road 7030,' and anyone who is familiar with Forest Service roads could find us just using that information alone. 

'D.B. Cooper' is the name of the unknown (and celebrated) guy who jumped from the rear air-stairs of a jetliner on November 24, 1971 and disappeared into Northwest legend. For decades, the annual celebration about him was held at the Ariel Tavern and General Store, but those ended in 2016 with the sale of the store building.

This year, the Festival (a three-day campout) is being organized in Auburn, WA and the actual event held nine miles south of Greenwater in the Snoqualmie National Forest. The sponsor is Adventure Books of Seattle, a small press in the Auburn area.

No charge to attend. Runs from Friday morning, July 9, 2021 until Sunday morning, July 11.

There is a Spaghetti Feed on Saturday, and a DB Cooper Character Lookalike Contest for prizes on Saturday night. (A 'DB Cooper Character' means you can dress up like one of the flight crew, one of the stewardesses, or Cooper himself.) Movies on the big screen, music, and a PA system provided. There will be speakers scheduled discussing the Cooper case, and attendees are welcome to make their own presentations using our media gear if they wish.

If interested, send your inquiry via the email link and we will be happy to provide full details. If you call the office phone, please do it during normal business hours and leave a return number. Thank you.'

I have received a couple of messages concerning our non-support (at least for the moment) of Cooper Con 2021. Greg has prepared a report with screenshots and other information about the garbage being allowed by one of the main speakers, Bruce Smith. Nothing will be done with this report at the present time. Some items in the report also cover issues we had with Sheridan Peterson's book, and how it came to be published in violation of copyright. Any actions we pursue will be based on the statement in the picture below:

IfUStopTelling.jpg.1da59a6f105855ba8643977f9125cefe.jpg

We're waiting on two things. First, if Bruce Smith decides to do the right thing. Second, to see if this garbage he allows continues. If it does, then in August/September we will take action. It is still not too late to get our support for Cooper Con, but for this to happen some folks need to step back and take a hard look at what is best for Cooper Con, and what the difference is between right and wrong. I said in a previous post it was not too late to fix this problem, but I wouldn't wait too long to do the fixing. Our patience is worn a bit thin after more than sixty negative comments, mostly full of lies regarding my relationship with the late, great Skipp Porteous and insults directed at AB staff personally. If you want a successful event, you must be professional, and not descend into lies and hatred along the way. Especially if you are asking people to fork over twenty bucks and change to get in the door. All you will do is put people off and end up looking out there on a bunch of empty seats in November. Not so much because of anything AB does, but because you couldn't stop the hatred and the lies. In case you haven't noticed lately, this kind of thing is no longer very popular and turns people OFF.

Trust me on something here. It isn't going to be easy to convince people to fork over for CC21 this year anyway, and for a number of reasons. It took us six months to get the people we managed to get so far for the Cooper Party, and we have far more reach on the internet than most of you reading this. But it was tough. Some of it has to do with the pandemic, yes. But there are other factors at work here. Previously, I could put out a simple announcement at WordPress, Facebook, and a Nissan group forum that we were doing another Cooper Campout, and 15-25 people would hop on board within a week or two. Now things are different. You have to give yourselves every chance for success these days, and it is much harder to sell these kinds of events now. People don't want to gather in groups, or you don't know if the guy next to you thinks vaccination is a Deep State Plot. You will figure it out... ¬¬ 

Trust me on something else. It is pointless and basically useless to attack us just because we plan to hold a party celebrating Cooper this coming July. It is going to happen no matter what you do, and you would be better off if we supported the event that comes later...the one you plan to do in November. You may not believe our support matters, but why alienate support when you could have it for free? 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 5/4/2021 at 3:54 PM, MartinBaker said:

Maybe I'll give him a call. 

In November 2020 I wrote to the Frank Mae Loesch who is listed in Galveston, Texas. Around January this year I wrote to Dr Ellen Keyt, daughter of the late Lt. Col. Roy Keyt. So far I did not receive a response. 

(edited)
21 hours ago, DFS346 said:

In November 2020 I wrote to the Frank Mae Loesch who is listed in Galveston, Texas. Around January this year I wrote to Dr Ellen Keyt, daughter of the late Lt. Col. Roy Keyt. So far I did not receive a response. 

Perhaps you should just call her on the phone. 

NOTE: Applications to attend the Cooper Party in July have now been closed. Due to the fact that if Covid-19 restrictions are re-instated to a higher phase in Washington, we decided that taking a chance that more than 75 people could show up...which would be prohibited under previous phase restrictions...we decided to just go with the applicants we have now. We're allowed to gather a maximum of 75 people, even without a permit from the Forest Service, and even under tougher Covid restrictions. But we cannot exceed that number. So we decided to just go 'with what we got' as they say. One of the BIG problems we faced was that if tougher restrictions go into place, the Forest Service could cancel our permit, and then we would be in violation if we showed up WITHOUT a permit....even if we stayed under the 75-person restriction limit. ("What catch?" said Yossarian. "Catcha-22," said the old woman.) Indeed.

I have made a notification to the Forest Service that we will not be coming in to the local office to actually sign the permit, because now we don't need it. The Catch-22 is that if we had gone in and presented this-or-that as they require at signing...then that permit would be valid...and if restrictions are made tougher...then they could cancel the whole damn event. In order to avoid that possibility, we operate under the rules for maximum Covid restriction. That means no permit required for 75 people or less. (I know this is complicated, but I hope you get my drift on why we had to do it this way.) As you all know, dealing with the Feds is always tricky. It goes fine...as long as you understand the rules and regs. 

So...we decided we couldn't take a chance on any of that, and possibly have to cancel the whole thing. If you are on one of the two email lists we have going for this event, we will update you with full details THIS COMING WEEKEND.  So watch your inbox for that. 

Bottom Line: No more than 75 total people will be allowed to attend, no matter what. Final decision, because by doing that we CAN hold this party even if tougher Covid restrictions are in place July 9-11. The way we figure it, considering what Covid has already done to this country, and continues to do, we're lucky to be able to do even THAT. The GOOD news is we still have a bit of wiggle room here, because frankly I don't expect more than sixty people to show up based on the current list of *approved* applications. (We denied quite a few that came in suddenly via Craigslist.) So...if we do a 'hold' on further public applications, then we still have a little room for any 'drop-ins'. The spot we selected is very popular on weekends with the camping and four-wheeling crowd because it is on the same road that leads to several popular Mount Rainier dead-end lookout spots. (Like the one in the picture below, which is approximately three miles west of the actual party location site.) However, if drop-ins cannot prove they have been fully vaccinated, they will be turned away. So we probably WON'T get a lot of drop-ins. On the other hand, many people are now packing that proof on their smart phones by keeping a picture of their vaccine card on it, so there is that. Personally, I keep mine in my wallet. ^_^

RainierViewpointNorth.jpg.25de3d37df7c85beb8e562055e751e87.jpg

Covid...the gift that keeps on giving, whether you want the gift or not. Recent news articles from mainstream sources are now claiming that studies have shown that people recovering from Covid-19 have a 39% higher risk of developing diabetes shortly after their recovery. (Due to pancreas damage from the virus.) Oh, brother. 

The two pages at AB of Seattle regarding this event, the articles at WordPress and Quora Cooper, and the Craigslist Event Ad have been removed. If you are still interested in attending and we know you here at Adventure Books personally, (or have heard of you) then you may contact me by email with questions. (adventurebooksofseattle AT Gmail) Otherwise, the attendance lists are CLOSED. Over the last two days, we received a great influx of applications and inquiries, which was unexpected. We finally had to make a decision and pull the plug on further apps, in order to lessen our risk of having no party at all this year. If you are known in the general Cooper community, we MAY make a spot for you from the slots we have reserved for drop-ins. But there aren't very many. Whatever happens, once the headcount at the party site reaches 75, that is it and no one else gets in. 

Frickin' Covid. I told Greg today that just getting 75 people on a year like this one was something to be proud of, not a cause of disappointment. Four months ago I thought we wouldn't have a chance in hell of even getting a dozen people. However...we are RE-INSTATING the requirement that anyone attending must provide proof they have received either the J and J vaccine, or the full two-shot series of the Moderna, Pfizer, whatever vaccines. Otherwise they will turned away no matter how far they drove to get there. We will re-iterate this requirement in the group emails this weekend. But that should be no problem. Virtually everyone who applied to attend using the Contact Form at the main AB website said 'yes' to the question of whether they will be getting the vaccine prior to July 9th. The people who applied through the ad, or directly by email, said the same thing after we asked them this question. Many of them have already submitted their proof in advance by email, or have said they will definitely have that proof for us when they show up. 

They'd better...it's a long drive back. We will send out reminders the week prior to the party, just in case. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Edited several times for clarity and accuracy. If you are reading this edit notice, this is the final version.

(edited)
8 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I sure will be glad when July is in the rear view....

Meh. You're just jealous we're managing to pull off something some folks in Cooperland tried to attack, disparage, lie about...and that sensible folks...even if they saw all that stuff, saw through for what it was. I did not create that situation. It was created by a few phony people who hid behind anonymous identities and sniped at us from behind rocks. These snipes consisted of telling lies for the most part, and the rest were insults. 

People are not only judged by the company they keep, but by their character. Some of the folks you support there Parrothead have very little of that. And even less in the common sense department. 

You will have to explain to me exactly HOW tossing a party with a Cooper theme, offering up hundreds of dollars in Amazon Gift Cards as prizes, feeding these folks, and hauling in two pickup trucks and a rented trailer-load of gear to ensure they have fun...all at our own expense...is such a bad thing. Call me stupid, but I just don't see the bad angle here for Cooper fans. 

If it weren't for the curve balls tossed at us by the Covid situation, I think we could have created a party more than twice the size of the one we finally had to restrict. All I had to do is let the Craigslist ad keep running, but I finally had to cut it off. It's too bad, really. But maybe it will turn out to be for the best all around. 

EDIT: I would like to point out the sheer volume of the work and effort that went into making the July Cooper Party a reality. Amazon shopping galore, with debates on what should be purchased under the budget, and what we didn't need. Not one, but TWO full-dress rehearsals in the Olympics to test the gear and whole damn system to see if it actually worked. First one I did alone, the second I did with Greg. And we're not finished yet. There will be a Costco stop just prior to the party, (food and utensils mostly) the arrangements with the three Cooper speakers we managed to get, (no thanks to you guys) and the sheer packing and hauling of everything to the party site, the set-up, the running of the party, the take-down, and the trip home. It is a LOT of work. It is a lot of expense. But it is a labor of love. 

And why did we decide to do these things? To sell books? To stand up there on our little stage and talk smack about the November convention? No. We are doing this to show our appreciation for the many fans of Cooper out here in the Great Northwest. There is no other agenda. There never was. You guys weren't even smart enough to hop on board and understand that we could have helped you fill the seats come November. I don't see any other Cooper events scheduled seriously for this year. We're going to do a 90-minute video on this whole thing, and I would have loved nothing better than to stand in front of that camera with a few other people and convince people that heading down to the Kiggins Theater in Vancouver later in the year was something not to be missed. And then back that up with special pages and articles at AB, Quora Cooper, and WordPress Cooper. 

It has been your choice to have no part of that. If you look out there on the theater audience and find a lot of empty seats, it won't be because of us. I have also decided that no matter how many more nasty comments pop up on Bruce Smith's site, we will not be actively standing against CC21. We just won't endorse it. I had Greg delete that report he made and we're moving on. Frankly, you guys aren't worth the effort. And I refuse to lay down in the same gutter where some of your friends have taken up residence. 

If any of you folks change your minds and decide to do the sensible thing, and back off the hatred, let me know. I still have an open mind on this issue. I swear...I must have the patience of Job. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Saw an interesting post by 'DBFan57' over at the DB Cooper Forum today. Said this:

'So I take it Tina is not one to want to talk about this case that likely ruined parts of her life?  Its too bad because she holds the biggest key to this whole thing since the cigarette butts are poof.  So no DNA, the next best try is Tina.  She is the one that got to interact with him and she is the only one, well maybe Flo, that could possibly get a jolt of memory if she heard his voice or something?  Its a stretch but this entire goose chase is  a stretch.  Sure it could break open if someone came out of the woodwork with evidence.  I would not give up on Tina, no way...'

You are right. Tina is by far the best witness. But for some reason, not even for Rolling Stone magazine, would she discuss suspects she may have seen on the internet or wherever over the years. Bruce Smith and his friend Galen Cook were involved in taking surreptitious photos of her without her knowledge a while back and she was not happy about it. (They posted them to the internet as well.) Also, Smith drove to Shelton, WA to do an interview with Tina's sister and the sister's husband, a retired FBI agent. When he didn't get what he wanted out of them...he published a rather nasty article about them at Mountain News. And...the family saw it. 

Believe it or not, I don't 'hate' Bruce Smith. I just think his interview technique needs work. Sometimes you have to take time to develop a relationship with a family to the point where they might trust you, and Bruce has a habit of demanding information, and full and complete cooperation, RIGHT NOW, or else. So most of his interviews are one-off with no possibility for a second one, at least with the more important witnesses. He did pretty good with the Norman Hayden interview though. I will give him that. 

At the same time this was all happening, I was preparing an evidentiary package for Tina's sister and the husband. Pictures, other stuff, some modest requests. But the family said (because they saw Bruce's article) that they would no longer discuss either Tina or the Cooper case with anyone. I sent the package anyway, but the damage was already done. They never answered. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Greg the Techie Guy is still a Doubting Thomas on whether enough people will be interested in the July Cooper Party to actually show up. In other words, some people may SAY they are coming, but in the end may not. On an event like this, it is hard for us to tell if people are serious. (Well, it's nine miles off the main highway, after all.) If we were holding it in some rented hall, things would be different. But this event is a little off the norm, as they say. For example, we have a group of four people who swear beyond heaven and earth they are definitely coming...and they are from Bend, Oregon. Others are coming from the Portland/Vancouver area. Long drive. 

Greg suggested that we upload a two-page PDF giving the general facts, including the exact location, and just see what happens. It has occurred to us that if we went 'overflow' with a few extra people, it probably wouldn't matter, and also...it is looking like Washington state will NOT be moving backwards on Covid restrictions by July, after all. Vaccination numbers are looking good here, and cases are not increasing, or if they are, not by much. Frankly, it's a situation we are having trouble predicting. We could finalize a permit with the Forest Service as late as June 20 if we had to...and we would...if we were convinced Covid restrictions were not returning in July...and if we were sure MORE than 75 people would be showing up. Anything over 75 and we need a permit. 

Should we finalize a permit with the Forest Service and take a chance they might cancel us if more restrictions go into place...or should we go WITHOUT a permit and be guaranteed we can do up to 75 people anyway...or should we sign the permit and be able to take MORE people? This is one of the toughest questions we've ever had to answer. Frickin' Covid. 

So...we have decided to 'punt' for the moment. We have released a two-page PDF publicly and we will see what happens over the next 2-4 weeks. There is no need to start spending from the budget yet, since almost everything still to be purchased are either Amazon gift cards for the Cooper Character Lookalike Contest, or supplies for the Free Spaghetti Feed on Saturday afternoon. Everything else is ready to go. 

NOTE: Bruce Smith, believe it or not, is NOT banned from this party. But since we know he reads Dropzone, we will tell him this:  If he wants to attend, he needs to contact us first by phone or email. He is more than welcome, but we don't like surprises. Besides, there is a limit to how many people we can actually take, whether it is 75 max (no permit), or up to 150 (permit). The main reason we need to know the approximate number of people is because we need to know how many people we will have to feed on Saturday afternoon. B) No worries, Bruce. Unlike what Bryan Woodruff did to you...we won't make you sit this one out on a guard rail down the street. Besides...there are no paved streets where we're going, so no guard rails. And we are not that mean, despite what you may have heard. But we don't want you showing up unannounced and us having to tell you we have reached max capacity. Or that you should have reserved a spot for yourself like most others are doing. 

Our public PDF, two pages, is HERE. Although it says we will cut off attendance at 75, there is still a chance we will do the permit and extend attendance accordingly. It all depends on the Covid situation over the next few weeks. Send it to anyone you wish. It is already available on several other sites and being shared like crazy.

We have punted. Now we wait and see what happens over the next 30 days or so. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

What most people thought about 2020, and what they did when New Years Day arrived...

No big deal, but it was the creator of that GIF who used the 'F-bomb' there, not me. B)

And despite the naysayers and liars over at Bruce Smith's Mountain News...we continue to move forward on a certain celebration scheduled just eight weeks from today. They are but a few. The public, as well as Cooper fans, are many.

And frankly, after five long years of NO MORE COOPER PARTIES down in Ariel, Cooper fans deserve a celebration. Nobody else picked up the torch, so we did. And if you hate us for doing it, that's YOUR problem. B) After seeing additional negative comments today from Mountain News on the same article promoting their upcoming Cooper Con 2021, we have declined to support that event. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Not to disparage your efforts, or the FBI's tightwad data releases...but these pages you posted, as well as the PDF attachment, are completely useless. Both the names and fingerprints related to the documents are completely blanked out. Just like everything else important that the FBI has released in this case. One blank space after another, and 98% nothing of substance. 

This is not your fault, I know. But if this is all the FBI intends to do is release wholesale thousands of useless documents, then studying them is mostly a waste of time. 

(edited)

I got two emails today from people I know from Facebook, which relates to this post. One of them is coming to the July Cooper Party. This post explains why I had to make all of that public, and what you should know:

Recent comment by Bruce Smith, an allegedly featured speaker at this November's Cooper Con:

'Ostensibly, the aliens known as "Grays" wanted to have sex with me for their hybridization program. Like most predators, when they were done with me they just threw me back in the pond.

But the bigger question is: Is any of this real? Sex with aliens? Hybridization? Etc.? Are the aliens themselves real? The short answer is: I don't know...'

Well, I know one thing. The people over at your Mountain News website who keep saying I have Alzheimer's are looking in the wrong place.

I've written three science fiction books and scores of sci-fi short stories, and even I don't swallow any of that crap you're selling. ¬¬ You actually attend an 'alien abduction support group?' And then claim you are a serious reporter at the same time, and a legit voice people should listen to? You must be kidding. 

I keep having visions of Eric Ulis groaning to himself and thinking he shouldn't have invited you to the convention as a speaker. Not only is your site full of hateful comments on the same article where you promote that convention, (which you freely allow) you could end up being responsible for crappy ticket sales and a lot of empty seats. I do poke fun at Eric sometimes at YouTube, but I'm starting to feel sympathy for the guy. I may try to help out on attendance, if he asks me to do that...to sort of counter the crazy crap you post, and the lies and hatred that your FRIENDS post that will probably drive serious people away from the convention.

Eric and I have had differences, but I do have some respect for the idea he's shelling out from his own pocket to present the convention at all. You are doing your best to trash all that. 

And it may not have mattered, but I know for a fact that Bill Rataczak was made aware of the hateful comments you allow at your website, and pointed out that you were one of the scheduled speakers. I know this happened exactly TWO DAYS before BR canceled his appearance at the convention. (Eric Ulis has said that BR bailed on the convention because of his wife's health, and that is probably true, but I'm sure him reading the filthy comments posted by Smith's friends certainly did not help.) And who knows how many others are disgusted by those comments? Well, I found out. A LOT of people. 

I also hear that several of the other proposed speakers, sponsors, or media (Mary Jean Fryar, Rob Bertrand, Doug at the Oregonian, etc etc) are going to be made aware of these posts as well. I probably can't stop this now even if I wanted to, although I may try. But all that hate and lying Bruce allowed pissed off a lot of people besides just yours truly. A few of our supporters (yes, we have some) apparently decided to teach you a lesson. I will tell you they are mostly Facebook friends. Don't be surprised if the list of speakers starts getting smaller as more people realize what's going on behind the scenes and decide not to be a part of all that, or the convention as well. Excuse me, but you guys have no self-policing in place to protect the convention. Who ever said I was AGAINST Cooper Con? Of course I'm not. If Eric can't sell any seats because of a few peoples' hatred and stupidity....he could end up canceling the whole damn thing. And don't even bother trying to blame that on me, because it won't work. My advice is that Eric either brings Bruce Smith into line, or separates himself, as well as the convention, FROM him in a quick, fast New York hurry. Bruce is going to end up trashing everything for you. 'Sex with aliens' my ass. 

You guys have a LOT of nerve going online with all that hatred and lies about me, when I'm the one who offered major support for your convention on several high-profile levels...while Bruce busies himself trying to bring the whole thing to a crashing halt. We know every single one of you posting those filthy comments is either registered at the Cooper Forum, supports the convention, or is participating IN it. You busied yourselves for the last couple of months coming after all of us personally. Now the shoe is on the other foot. and frankly....you deserve it. 

Another Cooper author (not me, and not Bruce) has said this to me, regarding the Cooper Forum in general, as well as some of the people who hang out there:

"They deserve each other over there..."

This is not always true, but sometimes it IS. Not lately. My guess is that Shutter is tired of people posting up crap at his Cooper website. I would say it more applies to Mountain News, which if the 2021 Cooper Con goes completely down the tubes or ends up attracting half the scheduled people and few attendees willing to shell out $21.50 each a seat....is completely the fault of one Bruce Smith. The alien abductee who can't stop the lying, or control his own pathetic website.

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Edited so people don't misquote the facts.

(edited)

What we emailed to the NON-haters and honest Cooper fans this morning:

'Hi Everyone,
The DB Cooper 50th Anniversary Party has been finalized. No more updates unless you need the informational PDF. Maps with details will be available at the Greenwater General Store in Greenwater, WA the week prior to the party. If you don't request the PDF, and plan to attend, you should stop in there and get a map. But the last email I sent had the GPS coordinates in it anyway, plus a Google Map link to the exact spot. 

There will be no more updates. If you have questions, contact Robert or Greg at [email protected] 
Remember, there are only TWO requirements. 1) You must be over 21 and you can bring along anyone you wish, or invite anyone you wish.  2) You must be able to provide proof, either prior to the party by email, or when you show up...that you have received the full series of any recognized Covid-19 vaccine. Do NOT forget this. We wouldn't want to have to turn you away, but we will if we have to. This is a Covid-free event. 

See you sometime between July 9-11, 2021. We open for business at 6AM Friday morning on the 9th. If you have an extra propane tank, fill it and bring it along and we will compensate you. And if you want to use the electric showers with the hot water, bring PLENTY of water to help us out. 
Sincerely, Robert, Greg, Gayla, Geoff, and the gang at Adventure Books of Seattle.' 

We're pretty much a harmless bunch, and have no hate agenda to feed. B) 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Well, I have requested that people we know back off a bit regarding the constant parade of nasty comments being posted at Mountain News, and ignore them. 

However...I am going to tell you something that just shows how PHONY some people are. 

Less than five minutes after I issued that report two posts back (timestamp Wednesday at 11:21 PM) 'Marla' over at Mountain News posted another really nasty comment, addressing my post DIRECTLY. This is the same Marla that Bruce has referred to in comments there as being 'the' Marla Cooper. My original post appeared at around 11:20 PM Seattle time, which would be close to 2:00 AM in Oklahoma, where Marla Cooper actually lives.

Marla is a listed participant in the November Cooper Con...

Are readers getting this? I know it's confusing. 

Less than five minutes after that...her post was REMOVED. This can only be done by Bruce Smith. You cannot remove your own comments from a WordPress blog. Only the owner of the blog can do that...

So unless you believe that Marla Cooper was actually up at two AM in the morning and monitoring Dropzone...and then ran to Mountain News to make her comment...and that Bruce was also up at midnight Seattle time to remove it...this only leads to ONE conclusion...

That Bruce Smith is using phony identities on his own blog. There is no other answer. In other words, he makes a post using the Marla Cooper identity, and then thinks it's a bit too much, and takes it down almost immediately. He also did this same thing about a week ago with another 'Marla Cooper' post, ALSO late at night, but I wasn't sure what was going on until he did it a second time. The question becomes how many people posting to Mountain News under phony identities such as 'Johnnie Greene,' 'Marla,' and others are actually just Bruce Smith using a series of strawmen. 

Bruce is one of the biggest phonies in Cooperland, I swear. B) Doesn't have enough nerve to vent his frustrations and hatred to me personally. Has to use invented identities on his own blog to do it, even answering their posts as if they are real people. That is frankly...pathetic. Maybe the aliens made him do it on some sort of 'we won't abduct you again if you do this for us' arrangement. You never know. Those aliens can be ruthless. 

EDIT: Now that everyone knows the truth on what's really going on over at Mountain News, at least with a portion of the phony identities being Bruce himself...we've decided to ignore any further comments on that site. It's credibility has been completely shattered, although expect that Bruce will make additional posts using both the identities he created, as well as support for all these lies by any 'legitimate' posters. 

Confusing, ain't it? But like a famous poet once said:

'Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...

Walter Scott, Marmion.

If you guys do a crash-and-burn this November at Cooper Con, you will have only yourselves to blame. Hate isn't selling very well this year. Lies are selling even more poorly. Trust me on this. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Since I have a few days off work this week, I have mostly been prepping gear for the July Party and completely stripping out the stereo and speaker wiring in my truck, installing a whole new system. Last owner sort of jury rigged everything and I had to start from scratch on a few things, but it is going well. Over at the Nissan support group site, they want pictures of the work, of course. ^_^

We're keeping rough track on how many people are downloading the two-page informational PDF on the Cooper Party from the homepage at AB. Seems slow, but steady. As far as I can tell right now, (from email responses etc) if nothing else changes we would get about 40-50 people to show up in July, plus whoever decides to drop in passing by (party site is off a very popular Forest Service road that gets heavily used in summer). So I think it's safe to say no more than 75 people at most will show up, which does not require a permit. 

I've come to the idea that this whole process will ensure that only serious people (for the most part) will show up for this one. Let's face it...if you were coming from the Seattle/Tacoma area it's a pretty good drive from there up the Crystal Mountain highway (410)...and then you have to drive an additional ten miles on a dirt road to get to the actual site. Any ideas I had about 150-200 people showing up were probably unrealistic. But it occurred to everyone here that this might be easier for us to manage, since we promised people quite a bit of stuff, including music, movies, presentations on a small stage with a PA system, hundreds of bucks in Amazon gift cards for the Cooper Character Lookalike Contest, and even a free spaghetti dinner. That's a lot of promises, and I doubt we would have been able to keep those promises very well if we actually had more than a hundred people show up. 

CooperCampsite3.jpg.df2c29e5b8f319880a2b9c8cee3dc15c.jpg

Of course, over at the Phony Blog That Uses Fake People to Make Their Points, they're saying no one will show. We know that isn't true, and is mostly just a couple of haters, including Bruce Smith himself, spouting off their hot air again. Why Smith has such a hateful agenda against us is beyond my understanding. Why he encourages this hatred on his own website is also a mystery. It is not my fault he was banned from the LAST Cooper party down in Ariel. He accomplished that by posting up crap regarding Bryan Woodruff, the fundraiser/party itself, etc. So Bryan showed him who was the actual owner of the property, and it wasn't Bruce. Meyer Louie was lied to by Bruce in order that Bruce could get a ride to Ariel, telling Meyer that he WASN'T banned when he knew perfectly well that he was. This is not my fault, either. Fortunately, Bruce now has his own car and no longer needs to lie to people to get rides to Cooper events.

butlerarticle1.jpg.3c73062dfa8db5fe9bf103b7745b9a42.jpg

Perhaps Bruce is still pissed off because the cops had his picture at the Auburn Ave Theater back years ago when I made my first presentation on Kenny Christiansen. Well...it's not my fault someone called in to City Hall the day prior and made a death threat against the oldest municipal festival (Auburn Good Ol' Days) on the west coast. (Since about 1916, nobody knows for sure when it started.) Someone from Cooperland did that, and the only person I knew in Cooperland who was local was Bruce. So when I was pressured by Connie, the Festival Director, to say if I had any idea who made a shitty phone call like that....threatening thousands of families who enjoy that festival each year...I told them Bruce was the only local Cooper guy I knew. (I had not met him up to that point.) As it turned out, the cops were only going to ask him if he made the call if he shows up to the theater. If he says no, (and he DIDN'T make the call we found out later) then he gets into the theater no problem. The one cop at the theater door was the son of the family who used to own the theater. 

But you can see where this is going if you have a brain at all, Cooper Folks. You guys bring your problems on yourselves with your backstabbing of others and your anonymous sniping of others in Cooperland. YOUR fault. Not MINE. 

By the way...if you are still wondering who made that phone call, saying 'people will be hurt if Blevins does that presentation,' we never found out for sure but we were able to obtain the area code. I believe they told us it was also done from a pay phone. Only one person we know who is famous in Cooperland has that area code, so we figured it was probably him. You know him. But I'm not saying who I think it is. That was ten years ago and doesn't matter now. If Bruce wanted to ask me privately who made that call that upset so many people, I would tell him privately, but he probably doesn't care. 

I've had people ask me why, even through all of the sniping, WHY we insist on holding this Cooper party in July even if only a dozen people show up. Or even a hundred. The reason is very simple. We have the second-biggest selling book out there worldwide on the Cooper case. We have collected a modest five figures on the media option payments. This has brought us in a fair amount of money, and although we canceled the media option because the script was shit, we still owe Cooper fans and it's time for a little payback to them. You guys are always thinking about how cool you all are, and how you can do no wrong even when you do. You forget that without the fans, the people NOT writing the books, and who do NOT have an agenda...you wouldn't even be able to plan anything except small gatherings of the same old faces. You forget the people who buy your books, which is why none of you except Geoff Gray and myself are selling a damn thing. You even stole Sheridan Peterson's book, or at least supported that effort at the Cooper Forum, when you knew it was wrong. And not for any great moral reason. 

You did it to obtain a few high-priced copies in paperback to show around at the 2019 Cooper Con. Now Peterson's book is ruined for worldwide distribution at wholesale and doesn't even have a Kindle version. You guys are morally bankrupt at best, many of you. Eric Ulis, Mark M. ('377'), and Tom Kaye are exempt from this list because they had nothing to do with this. Neither do they engage in hatred. But the remainder of you who supported this action are guilty as sin. That book should have been published at the trade rate wholesale with worldwide distribution (as I offered) with all of the royalties going to Sheridan Peterson's family. You cheated both Peterson and his family, and then laughed about it. And then you made noises of sympathy when he died.

MORALLY BANKRUPT, I said. 

If you waded through this post, now you understand how some of you...and some of us over at Adventure Books differ in our viewpoints. With some exceptions, (when people engage in hatred and lying about others) we support the idea that Cooperland is a community, and if you have a book out there on the case, it should be selling. Not just our book, or Geoff's book, but YOUR book as well. Or...if you hold an event that people should be fighting over the available tickets, instead of you looking out on a bunch of empty seats. What is good for Cooperland as a whole is also good for the case and the public. But you guys don't see it that way. You are more like a bunch of crabby old ladies instead. B)

I guess the bottom line here is until Cooperland figures out on which side the bread is actually buttered...learns to work together for the common good whether you like someone personally or not...and ceases the hatred and the lying about others...you will be spinning your wheels forever, and after the 50th anniversary of the case comes and goes...left with few fans who even remember who Cooper was. Frankly, I will be much happier once the July Cooper Party is finally held, and hopefully a success. Because after that I start making plans to extricate myself from this whole thing and move elsewhere. The books will continue to sell, and the occasional email question on the case will show up nevertheless. I can't stop that. But going out on a high note does appeal to me and 'giving back' to all those people who bought the book, or asked the questions, or supported us at Quora Cooper and elsewhere...well...they deserve a little payback from us for all of that. 

And this is our way of thanking them. We HAVE no other agenda. We never did. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Himmelsbach referred to the money as in straps of 100's given to Cooper..

at 6:35

Ralph Himmelsbach

“There were 10,000 twenty dollar bills assembled in straps of 100 bills to a strap and individual straps held together with rubber bands.”

A "strap" or a "packet" is 100 bills. Straps refers to bank banded. Packets can be rubber banded or bank banded.

Ulis now claims after talking to Brian that the money was discovered as three separate "straps" and not a single brick,, as far I know this was always believed.

Eric is disproving a claim that nobody ever had. Nobody ever claimed the money was found as 1 "brick".

What isn't known is if initially the money arrived on TBAR as one rubber banded "bundle" of straps/packets.

The FBI claimed the money was from one bundle and money was in the same order.

The money was given to Cooper in packets of 100 which were rubber banded into bundles.

If the money arrived as one bundle as it was given to Cooper, when the rubber bands deteriorated and broke the straps/packets would have separated appearing independent just as Brian described.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

The Unsolved Mysteries episode is one of my favorites, because both Himmelsbach and Schaffner appear in it. 

It's the usual line regarding Himmelsbach. He believes that Cooper's survival chances were zero, or close to it. I find this sort of funny. I guess he never watched any movies or documentaries showing hundreds of guys jumping at night with heavy loads in WW2. Most of them reached the ground just fine, and most of them had not the slightest idea where they would land. 

As usual with most of these TV shows on Cooper, they always claim there was a big storm on the evening of the hijacking. Even the more recent shows. It's like that lie has been told so many times that people are just expected to believe it. The historical record of course, shows no such storm activity either in Seattle or Portland. Within a degree or two, or a mile an hour or two on the wind, they are virtually the same result. No storm. The official records don't lie. You can click on any of the two pictures to view them larger. 

PDX112471.jpg

SeaTac112471.jpg

On a happy side note, I popped into LSI and got the latest 30-day report. Not a single copy of any of our sci fi books sold this month. Bummer. The good news is the slack was picked up by a couple of other titles. A good 30-day report all around. Not to rub it in Cooper authors, but this is why you release at the trade rate and not at retail using CreateSpace, Lulu, or any of that junk. Your book is offered up at 50% off the cover price worldwide, with the book being printed and shipped out locally from LSI's closest print/shipping database. Those are located on every continent except Antarctica. You make the same exact royalty on each sale no matter where the book is sold. Most sales are via other wholesalers (book jobbers), bookstores, or retailers. Maybe 2% (or far less) of our sales come through Amazon. With very rare exceptions, unless you are Stephen King or something, Amazon is NOT where the money is regarding books. The money for small presses like ours, or one-time authors is to get your book into the distribution channels at the trade rate, otherwise no one except the occasional retail buyer will touch it. Wholesalers don't go near any book not offered at trade. There is no money in it for them. 

*Click HERE to learn more.* <<<< That's a joke, but I do offer up free advice on how all this works, and how YOU can do the same thing to anyone who asks. 

Sales4_16_5_16.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Added as attachments instead of insertions, for full viewing.

(edited)

Five Biggest Myths You Hear About Adventure Books of Seattle and/or the Investigation into Kenny Christiansen:

(in no particular order)

1. We say Kenny Christiansen bought a house for cash shortly after the Cooper hijacking. 

The Truth: Due to some mix-ups early-on in the investigation, we did believe this was the case for a while. We found out later (after Dave Brown at the Cooper Forum did further research) that Kenny actually financed the main house through the same bank that financed the hijacker, SeaFirst Bank. However, an adjacent property was also purchased from Ann and Joe Grimes that has not been fully explained by paperwork claiming Christiansen bought that property for 'ten dollars and other considerations'. When we interviewed the Grimes' son, he told us that the property was not actually sold for ten dollars, but more, and that this was certainly a 'cash on the barrelhead' deal between Kenny and his parents. (Ann and Joe Grimes were deceased by the time Christiansen was named a suspect in the Cooper case.) We also discovered that the house and property purchase was arranged by *alleged* accomplice Bernie Geestman, who was the Best Man at the Grimes' wedding. Geestman told Ann and Joe Grimes that Christiansen did very well working for Northwest Airlines and could easily come up with the money in cash for the adjacent lot. This was not true of course, and since Geestman had also worked for NWA, he knew perfectly well that Kenny was paid a paltry $512 a month before taxes. In other words, Geestman lied to his friends to ensure Kenny could purchase the house. It is still unexplained how Christiansen managed to pay cash for the adjacent lot, which the Grimes' son in Rochester, WA claimed was the case. Or, how Christiansen was able to lend Geestman's sister Dawn Androsko (of Fox Island, WA) $5,000 in cash only five months after the hijacking. Androsko and other family members have corroborated this loan extensively in interviews. 

2. The Cast of the Decoded show that first aired in January 2011 agreed that Christiansen was probably the hijacker, but thought Bernie Geestman was completely innocent

The Truth:  This is true. On the show they say at the end they think Geestman was telling the truth, and was never involved in the Cooper hijacking. However, the cast was told in advance via the director of the show, as well as legal eagles for Go Go Luckey Productions, that unless Geestman confessed to being involved, the show could be sued for slander if they accuse Geestman without any proof. A few months later, Adventure Books staff provided all three cast members with a preliminary report on Christiansen and Geestman. In this report, we demonstrated how Geestman had repeatedly lied both prior to his appearance on the show, and on the show itself. For example, the cast asked Geestman if he thought Christiansen was the hijacker. Geestman said yes, he thought Christiansen was the hijacker. Yet a few months before his appearance, he had told AB staff that Christiansen was absolutely NOT the hijacker. Geestman also lied to the cast when he claimed he had been at Kenny's deathbed. He only called Kenny's house a few days before Christiansen's death, and when he did, two witnesses said that Christiansen asked for privacy on the call. It is believed that Geestman, who hadn't contacted Christiansen in fifteen years, was trying to discover if he planned to make a deathbed confession, and warned Kenny that he would get both he (Geestman) and his ex-wife Margie Geestman into serious trouble. And this entire scenario is why Kenny only told his brother, "There is something you should know, but I cannot tell you." After the cast of Decoded were provided with this report, cast members Scott Rolle (former district attorney for the state of Maryland) and Buddy Levy, (Professor of English at Washington State University) changed their minds and now believed that Geestman was involved in the Cooper hijacking. Cast member Christine McKinley was still not sure. Emails from both men attesting to them changing their minds about Geestman have been made public several times. 

3. Lyle Christiansen, Kenny's brother, came forward solely to make money on his brother's story, and later claimed he knew his brother was not the hijacker.

The Truth:  These stories are completely false. When AB of Seattle first began their investigation in cooperation with NYC private eye Skipp Porteous, one of the requirements was that Lyle Christiansen sign a release disallowing either he or his family any payments from either a book on his brother, or any movie created from that book. As the executor of Kenny's estate, Lyle also signed a release granting Adventure Books of Seattle sole rights to Kenny Christiansen's story. These documents are on file in our office today. As far as any claims that Lyle 'told a radio announcer' that he knew his brother was not Cooper, Lyle has repeatedly denied this claim. The truth is that Lyle didn't know whether his brother was Cooper or not, and had no opinion to give. He only suspected he may have been Cooper. Over the years and up to the present day, Lyle has contributed scores of personal items belonging to Kenny, as well as pictures, letters, and other materials in order to assist in the investigation. These are not the actions of someone who believed his brother was innocent. 

4. Adventure Books of Seattle's entire involvement in the Cooper case has been related to making money, and little else. 

The Truth: Our book on Christiansen, Into The Blast, has been a steady seller worldwide since its release in 2011, and remains the second-best selling book on the Cooper subject today. (As far as we can tell, the Geoff Gray book Skyjack is the number one seller.) And for about three years, we received substantial payments each year for the movie rights to the book. When a script was submitted at the end of that time, we found it seriously lacking and refused to sign an extension to the media contract, even though we would have made several thousand dollars by re-signing. In addition, we have turned down several other lucrative offers when we thought accepting money, especially for TV show appearances, would damage our credibility with the public. For example, we refused a $2,500 payment from History Channel for the Decoded show, and turned down a $1,000 payment for the Comcast Sports Net show Adrenaline Hunter with Bethy Rossos. Along the way, we also turned down a $25,000 cash offer from CBS Films for the movie rights to the Christiansen story, mainly because they wanted to present that story with full 'poetic license,' which means making up stuff for the script. While we were dealing with these things, our total costs for the investigation, and to produce the book came to about $13,000. We didn't reach the break-even point until five years after the book's initial release. The book continues to sell though, usually between 50-250 copies in any given month. As far as any possible movie on Christiansen today, if such a movie is ever done it would only be made once the pandemic has completely ended, and actor Nick Robinson will probably be involved, through his independent production company in the Los Angeles area. I have already met him personally in Seattle and discussed the project with him at length. Like most movie proposals, the road between an idea and an actual movie is, like the Beatles once said, a long and winding road. There are no guarantees in that business, mainly because someone, somewhere, has to put up millions of dollars to do it. Our 50th Anniversary D.B. Cooper Party, a free event for the public, is estimated to cost us at least $3,000 over a three-day period. Not only has this event been the subject of numerous (and anonymous) online attacks, it has received zero support from many in the general 'Cooper Community'. Nevertheless, many people outside of that small group have signed up to attend, although we have no idea how many will actually show up. As a result of the unfair attacks on this event, AB of Seattle has refused to support the upcoming Cooper Con 2021 being held in Vancouver. This is a real shame, because in our opinion, both events are beneficial to Cooper fans at large. 

5. Skipp Porteous, my co-author for Into The Blast, was unhappy with the final product, and said disparaging things about both myself and the book, including a refusal to meet with me in person. 

The Truth:  
    These statements are not only inaccurate, but one of the most common attacks on Adventure Books. The truth is that Skipp was very happy with the book, (we have dozens of emails from him to prove it) and invited me several times to meet with him when he was living in Morro Bay, California. It was my decision not to make the trip, which I have regretted because at that time I thought Skipp would live forever. Unfortunately, he began suffering from aphasia and ended up moving in with his son back in Florida, where he died not long afterward. It is a shame that jealous Cooper investigators have continued to lie about the relationship between Porteous and myself, even after his death. Today, the Porteous family and I are still friends and are on each others' lists at Facebook. 

Submitted by Robert Blevins, Adventure Books of Seattle
Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Bruce Smith, aka Cooper author and guy at Mountain News says in part today:

'Me, I'm not knocking on Tina's door any time soon. Rather, I perceive that Tina is more receptive to women. The folks who got her in front of a camera for the History Channel and the HBO docu were both women, as was the freelancer who penned the Rolling Stone article.

Vicki W. - wanna give it a try? Smokin'99? Lynn???'

Fat chance. A great many folks are already aware you allow hatred on your own website, and are a scheduled speaker at the upcoming November convention. You have NO idea what is being said about that behind the scenes. In the end, you may be the guy who sends the whole thing right down Failure Road because you couldn't stop the hate, and allowed lying by others on your own website. 

If Eric Ulis can't sell enough of those $21.50 a pop tickets at the Kiggins Theater to justify this event, it could be all your fault. If I were him, I would have distanced myself from you a long time ago. By the time November gets closer, there could be hundreds of anonymous, and hate-and-lie based comments on your website...which others will certainly be made aware do exist.

You are a fool in Cooperland, and little else. You would be willing to sacrifice Eric's entire event just to make a point. B) Your interviews have driven off every decent witness who was dumb enough to talk to you. Tina Mucklow isn't going to talk to you, and neither is Flo Schaffner. They know better. And so does everyone else you hounded and then published nasty articles about anyway. You are a One Stop Shopping interviewer, which is why you never get anywhere with any of the famous witnesses. You want it all and right now. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. You have to build trust, and you have no patience for that. 

I am glad you aren't gracing us with your presence in July at the Cooper Party. You are toxic wherever you go. 

Don't even think about showing up. You will not be welcome. I can't stop you, but you will not be welcome. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Got an email from someone in Cooperland who reads this thread regularly. He asked me what I meant by saying what I posted below, and if it 'was a threat'.

'Don't even think about showing up. You will not be welcome. I can't stop you, but you will not be welcome.'

No. Not a threat at all. The Cooper Party is being held in a public area, so if Bruce (doubtful) actually showed up, yes...we would have to let him attend like anyone else. But he would get the cold shoulder from practically everybody involved in the party, and no one would be speaking to him. He should expect that as our response, due to his actions. In our opinion, he is also endangering the upcoming Cooper Con 2021 coming in November because he allows hate-based posts and lies on the same Mountain News article where he promotes the Convention. This hurts us not at all, but could damage attendance to the event. It's not affecting our book sales, or attendance to the upcoming Cooper Party. Not a bit.

He is not listening to us, either. Unless he reads Dropzone, I suppose. We used Mailtrack for a while and found out he wasn't even opening our warning messages about this issue. So we quit sending them. It was a waste of time. The guy HAS A PERSONAL ISSUE here. And...he's more than willing to damage the convention in order to pursue his hate agenda. We also know he's made up at least ONE of the identities of the people who supposedly make the comments...and that sometimes he ANSWERS those comments using his OWN identity. That, my friends...is WEIRD. 

Greg the Techie Guy is much less tolerant of online hatred and lies that I am. So are a few of our supporters. Those folks want to start sending links to that article and those comments to practically everyone on Eric Ulis' speaker list. And...to post certain links to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. I have asked them not to do that, because a successful convention, as I have said repeatedly, benefits Adventure Books of Seattle as well as Cooper fans in general. 

I'm just glad the party happens in July, and then we are out of the public-involved Cooper business. My plan is to make sure everyone has fun in Greenwater in about six weeks, and then Bruce can do whatever he wishes, or allow whatever he wishes. What he doesn't realize, or doesn't care about...is that over the months between July, when the party is over, and November...his failure to clean up the hatred could cause a lot of folks to have second thoughts about dropping twenty-plus bucks on an event where at least some of the participants are demonstrated to support hatred. 

Forget about ME. My opinion is just that. An opinion. But if I were Eric Ulis, I would be supremely pissed off at Bruce for continuing to support these things in the months leading up to the convention. Especially since Ulis and a few sponsors are covering all the expenses FOR that convention. And here comes Bruce, freely handing out ammunition that could be used to discredit the entire event. Even using false identities on his own news blog to do so. This is going to backfire on him and damage the convention, whether he believes that or not. To a degree, it already has. 

It's not my job to self-police you guys (Cooperland and supporters/sponsors of the convention). But if you want a successful event, you might want to force Bruce to come to Jesus on a couple of issues before he causes even MORE damage. We already know that Bill Rataczak received at least one message with a link to those filthy comments Bruce has been sponsoring on his convention article. (We don't know if that's the reason Bill canceled, he said it was his wife's health, but it certainly didn't help his decision-making process, I'm sure.) You were asking him, at his age, to fork out for a hotel and round-trip plane tickets from Minnesota. For chrissakes, wake up boys. 

The whole thing is really juvenile and foolish, you know. I said months ago I couldn't participate in the convention even if I wanted to. I have to be in San Diego that week. Bruce is going around the room and shooting other convention supporters in the foot, crippling the event. If he can't be made to see common sense soon, and all this continues, by November everyone will take the convention as nothing but a bad joke. 

You have to be serious and professional if you expect to pack the house at more than twenty bucks a seat. That is obvious. On our side, we even offered to support that convention at several online locations that reach a LOT of people, and more personally, at the Cooper Party. That was rejected, so now you are on your own. You should at least be sensible about it and not allow Bruce Smith to damage the event everyone's been planning for over a year. He's making it ridiculously easy to do. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Just like I figured. You bring up critical issues related to an event many of you are involved in...and no one has a word to offer. 

The way I figure it, some folks are as dumb as a bag of hammers. And in the end, sometimes deserve what they get for their efforts. 

One Cooper news update. I've been approached by a teacher in South Carolina regarding Flo Schaffner. Apparently he has offered me a connection to her for a little talk. I checked him out. He's legit. I am exploring this option. He wants me to forward certain evidence regarding Kenny Christiansen, stuff we haven't released publicly, for presentation to Schaffner. I am working on this over the weekend. 

Update on the Cooper Party: As far as I'm concerned, we're still going through with it. I have reserved a small U-Haul trailer for the additional gear. We're pretty well ready to go, except for the food and the filling of all the propane tanks. Everything else is pretty much there. If we don't get any additional apps to attend by June 8, I still expect around 50 people would still show up. These folks don't realize it, but not only are they smart...they are lucky...and will have one hell of a good time. I'm still going to wait until June 8 or so to do the press release. 

It's possible we could still cancel, but this is looking less likely each day. As far as Bruce Smith and others failing to respond to my idea that sponsoring hate and lies about others involved in exploring the Cooper case is a bad idea prior to the convention...there has been no response on that. This is not really a surprise, although I keep wondering why Eric Ulis, the main guy forking out all the money to hold the whole thing...hasn't said something to Bruce by now. I can assure you that if someone involved in the Cooper Party was doing and allowing what Bruce is right now...I would have dumped him from the Planning Committee or any possible speaker slot by now. When you are trying to sell yourselves as a legitimate event, the LAST thing you need is a guy like Bruce trying to ensure you end up with a bunch of empty seats. 

Remember something about Bruce Smith, folks:  He doesn't care how many people show up, or if Eric Ulis manages to at least break even on the whole thing. He only cares about hanging out with a few other people involved in the convention, and couldn't care less about whether the convention is a success. He is selfish beyond belief. You can look at what HE'S doing out there at Mountain News, and then look at our offer to promote the hell out of your event for free. Then try to determine who is more sincere. Many people around here are angry with him, and they want a little payback for his phony-identity comments and lies, which is a very foolish thing for him to allow...and continue to build...months prior to the biggest Cooper event planned since the pandemic hit. You guys who are involved in all this, such as Darren, Mary Jean Fryar, Tom Kaye, and others...well, you folks need to start doing a little self-policing here and bring that boy into the Reality Hotel. Some of you are traveling great distances and spending a lot of money to attend and support that convention. 

Meanwhile, Bruce is doing his best to trash the whole thing. You may not like me personally, and I'm okay with that...but maybe you should take action here before you arrive in Vancouver and find out that few in the public domain were willing to shell out twenty-plus dollars to attend because they figured the whole thing was mostly a farce, with people involved who only support hatred and lies and brought down the whole damn thing. 

You heard it here first. 

(edited)

Materials and photos sent to the contact in South Carolina. I suppose Mrs Wheeler will be contacted at some point and asked to examine these things. There is no rush on all of this, and we're not moving to approach any of this until sometime later in the summer, after the Cooper Party. Some of these things have to do with the testimony of Bernie Geestman's niece, Denise, who has claimed to have seen Kenny Christiansen constructing something in her uncle's garage two weeks prior to the hijacking. She is also the person who mentioned that the item(s) she saw Kenny working with were covered in red electrical tape. Her use of this term to describe the possible phony bomb was later mentioned not only in the released FBI files, but appears in the notebook that was used during the search for the hijacker by the Cowlitz County Sheriff. I forget the Sheriff's name, but it is mentioned in the famous Clyde Lewis video. 

The Sheriff's notes mostly came from FBI agent Tom Manning. 

The Cooper case...complicated for sure and full of surprises. Before I allow this contact to approach Mrs Wheeler with additional evidence, I will have to work with him for a while and we have to get things straight on what will be offered to her, and how it will be offered. There is no real rush here, and I will not be approaching her myself. The contact I am working with has access to a close relative of Mrs Wheeler. The two of them will do that job, not me. I am just the provider of the images, the testimony, and certain other information that AB of Seattle has never made public. 

I will be discussing all of this in July at the Cooper Party. Since we only have two other Cooper folk signed up to speak at the party, I figured I might as well schedule up myself for a talk up there on stage. Even if I tried to dodge this, I think everyone would expect me to do so. 

No worries if you can't make it to the party. You can catch it afterward on a comprehensive video we're shooting about it over that weekend. Probably will be released around July 20th, after the usual editing, etc. I will post a link when it hits YouTube. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins