22 22
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

Well, right now the Cooper World is certainly dysfunctional. That is a good word to describe it. What those bozos over at the Cooper Forum, headed by their Fearless Leader Eric, don't realize is that it is bad policy to have only one voice in Cooperland. A person who uses his minions over at the Cooper Forum to advance his own personal agenda. I'm surprised some of these minions haven't stood up to him yet, certainly knowing that Eric's only real agenda is Eric...and the promotion of Eric himself, both now and later. 

At the same time, they do another dumb thing. They try to shut out any other voices, or any other event regarding Cooper to the exclusion of their own. This is dumb because all events, all voices on the Cooper case should be promoted so that the public's attention, their charity, their INTEREST in the Cooper case continues. Otherwise, only Eric will benefit in the end. 

The way it really works for the latest convention proposal is more like this:  You all work for Eric. And you hope he will toss you a few crumbs later. I said that in my review because that's the way I see it. You will attend this convention. People will speak. Some will give their theories. There will be much mutual back-slapping, attaboy stuff going on. But in the background, Eric will be making sure that this event is not wasted, and serves as a springboard to something bigger...for him alone. And when he has succeeded in his purpose, or you are no longer needed, you will be forgotten. I know a hustler when I see one. (Unless it is proven to me that he isn't.) 

On the other hand, you have our event, one that all but a few people in Cooperland have ignored, and you see that as a threat. Which is really foolish for anyone to believe...except Eric. (So far, your general, no-name Cooper fans seem to be enthusiastic about the June event, though.) And I still say we *could* get a lot more people to show up in June than the number of people who will show to the Kiggins in November. We will see. Eric and his followers have the advantage here because they get to go second. We set the bar in June, so to speak. So whatever they do in November will naturally be compared to what happened at the June festival.

If Eric and his supporters were actually smart, they would realize that it's a pretty short path between the June Cooper Festival and the event they are trying to interest people in this coming November. Especially if they are going to ask the public to cough up $20 a ticket to attend. I tried to tell these ding-dongs that cooperation on BOTH events would benefit BOTH events...but they think they know everything already. In fact, our presence, and any possible success with the June festival would benefit Eric and the Gang's November gathering a lot more than the other way around. That is...if we chose to either support it at the Festival, or review it badly with both the public and the media at this same event. I would rather PROMOTE it, because like I said...it is better for everyone involved in the Cooper case. 

Maybe you're thinking, "so what?" if this is the case. "So what if more people show to that festival, Robert?"

The so-what means this:  It shows you shouldn't forget the public, the fans on Cooper. They are numerous throughout the NW and elsewhere. And it will prove that what I said above, as well as other things regarding CooperCon, were right all along. I guess it never occurred to these guys that AB of Seattle could encourage people at the Festival to attend and support the event in Vancouver later. We have nothing to lose here. We're not the ones going second and hoping for the best, but first. We're going to toss everything we have at the June event and just see what happens. So far, signs are very good, no matter what you might read from the Peanut Gallery (Cooper Forum users with anonymous identities) over at Bruce Smith's Mountain News. 

Edit: I have some public news regarding the June festival, in advance of the group emails, which go out in about a week. 

• The amount of the prizes for the Cooper Character Lookalike Contest have been decided. Sort of, that is. If less than 150 people show up, then the total prize package will be $480 in Amazon gift cards in ten different sliding-scale packages. In other words, the overall winner of the contest gets the most, and the winners in all three categories, i.e. dressing like Cooper himself, one of the stews, or one of the flight crew, get the most. Second and third place in all three categories receive lesser amounts. If attendance exceeds 150 people, we will boost the amounts accordingly by adding in smaller amounts in cash to the prize envelopes. 
  • Our official press release on this event goes out on Friday, April 30.
  • About 100 copies of a single-page map and information doc on the event will be delivered to the Greenwater General Store, the only store close to the turnoff for the event. This will be done about a week prior, and made available at the store on June 9th, two days beforehand. This is for people who might be trying to attend, but either can't reach us by phone or radio. We are also designing a 24x36 inch poster about the event for the store to display if they wish. It gives details on the festival, but not the exact location. 
  • The public PDF, the official program for the festival, will be available for download and printing on Wednesday, June 9 at several internet links, including Facebook, my personal Twitter account, AB of Seattle's main site, and Quora dot com/DB Cooper.
  • This same program will be sent by group email to anyone on our two email lists. The Planning Committee will receive theirs as soon as it is ready, probably by June 1. 

Kyle, myself, and Greg the Techie Guy will be onsite several days in advance at the festival location to do setup. And anyone else who chooses to show up early. But in order to show up early, and assist us in setup (there ARE benefits)...you would have to contact us in advance by email, or you won't know where to meet up, or where to go. 

In case you are one of the few people who hasn't heard about all this, just go HERE for details. 

The only two requirements for attendance is that you must present proof of vaccination against Covid-19, and you must be 21 years of age or over by June 11, 2021. There is no charge to attend, and it runs from 6AM Friday morning, June 11 until Sunday morning, June 13, 2021. At this time there are approximately 56 people (not counting AB staff or setup volunteers) who have certified they will be attending. When we run out of space at the designated location, anyone else showing up over the weekend will have to park and camp a short distance from the main site. A Google map picture of the main site is shown below. 

CooperCampsite23D.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

NO, Georger...

You are a wealth of misinformation or is that disinformation...

Tom Kaye first suggested the diatoms entered during the fanning of the bills.

I have NEVER prescribed to any plant theory, ever..

I noted that the holes in the bills resemble insect damage similar to termites or silverfish.

For somebody who claims to be scientific,, you sure get a lot of info wrong.

Why are you wrong so much?

(edited)

Ulis doesn't understand why people don't accept his money burial/retrieval theory...

1) The Western Flight Path is dead.

2) No evidence Cooper was on TBAR. Evidence supports Cooper jumping far away.

3) If Cooper somehow made it to TBAR.. why bury the money in an isolated area? why bury it next to the river when there is a vast number of better and safer places to bury it close by. Burying money risks damage, especially next to a River. 

4) It is wild speculation with no evidence and poor reasoning.

5) It sounds ridiculous that Cooper buried money in November then retrieved it in the Spring when it was underwater.

6) There are better theories.

7) There may be a scenario that hasn't even been explored. You don't know what you don't know.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

This destroys Ulis's theory that Cooper wanted to jump close to Seattle because he wanted airstairs opened on takeoff..

Eric has the facts wrong, not me.

This FBI doc and many others clearly state the Cooper's INITIAL demand was airstairs lowered or extended in flight...  he changed the demand later when landing in Reno was negotiated.

The premise is just false.

and.. How not having luggage proves Cooper flew from Seattle to Portland is beyond me.

Cooper's initial demand was lowered inflight, this is important as it was his initial intention and it changed,, that shows he adapted his plan and jumped where he did not initially intended.

How do people expect to solve this when they have the basic facts wrong..

stairinitdemand.jpeg.f635c8a7e60531879eb47a210d102050.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
40 minutes ago, DFS346 said:

Thanks for this clarification. Is this information from an FBI document, or from a JC Penney's catalog?

The FBI docs we have note the 1.50 price and the #3 on the label but don't make the connection.

It was in Gray's book SKYJACK, Gray had some FBI docs and we may not have the complete versions. I later confirmed the price code,, ties had #2, #3, #4, #5 etc...

1832148268_tie3.jpeg.53779c7b4e2db429130d360ac8127acc.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

It was really no big deal, but a long time back I pointed out that prior to the building of Highway 167 between Sumner, WA and Renton, WA...the only real road to the SeaTac Airport from Bonney Lake, WA was the East Valley Road. This road turned into 'A' street when it passed through Auburn. And shortly after that, people took a cutoff road called the Kent-Des Moines road to go west up to the airport. If you lived in either Bonney Lake or Sumner at that time, as both Kenny Christiansen and Bernie Geestman did in 1971, it was the shortest and most common way to reach the SeaTac Airport. And at certain times during this period, i.e. late 60's-early 70's, both of these men would have had to use this route to get to work. 

How do I know? I lived on a farm at that time between all these places. It was located right on the East Valley Road between Sumner and Auburn. Today it is the parking lot and HQ for a construction company named Petersen Brothers. 

Some of the time, both men worked at the airport. Geestman as a mechanic for NWA. KC as a purser for the same airline. Geestman also worked on the 727 program for Boeing at the Seattle plant...and it's the same route to that place as well. At the time of the hijacking however, he was working for Foss Tugs in Seattle...same route. But instead of going to the airport, you would still use that route to reach Interstate 5 to get to Foss in Seattle. 

As you passed down A street in Auburn using this route, you also passed the local JC Penneys there. That building is still there with the name painted on the side of the building, although it has been closed for many years now. And frankly, I don't know if it means anything evidentiary, but when Geestman worked as a mechanic for Foss Tugs, he also did work with titanium piping, which was used in certain systems on those same tugs. This would require some work in grinding and welding on them. Titanium, and its alloys were used starting in the 1960's, (about ten years after they started using it in aerospace) because it doesn't rust, it's strong, and tugs are mostly sea water vessels. Whether any of this has anything to do with particles on a tie, I haven't a clue. But I do know that was the situation with these two men at the time of the hijacking. 

One thing I've always wondered was why the hijacker seemed careful to retrieve (or dispose of) any evidence, and yet he just casually disposes of the tie over a seat. Almost as if he knew it couldn't be traced to him. The guy takes back a matchbook. He doesn't write his own notes. He gets rid of the briefcase and its contents, as well as the paper bag. But just tosses the tie where it can be found. 

On one of my trips up to Twisp, WA to visit witness Margie Geestman at her ranch, she mentioned that Geestman had kicked down her door shortly after they divorced. She was in town at the time. He stole several photo albums and a few personal items, she said. (At the time of their divorce, this burglary would require, for Mr Geestman, a trip of 250 miles EACH WAY over two mountain passes, so he must have wanted something very badly.)

We talked about WHERE EXACTLY had her ex-husband worked at the time of the hijacking. She said Foss Tugs, and that she had all his logbooks from that time. I asked to see them. She dragged out a big box of these blue books. All of them had the year written on the front in black magic marker. 1968, 1969, etc up to about 1974 I think. The logbook for 1971 was missing. She was very surprised by this and said Bernie must have stolen it when he broke into the house. The door he kicked down was still broken at the hinges and lock to an extent, but Mrs. Geestman had replaced it with a padlock to the inside. It was not the main door to the house, of course. 

It occurred to me that if anyone wanted to check if Bernie had actually worked over the week of the hijacking, that this information would be in the logbook. Which might be a good reason for taking JUST THAT one logbook when they divorced. Geestman claimed he was working the week of the hijacking, while several witnesses including his friend Helen Jones and others, said he was with Kenny over the week of the hijacking. A possible theory for Geestman to drive 500 miles total just to kick down a door and retrieve a logbook might be:  He no longer trusted his ex-wife to keep her trap shut regarding his involvement in the Cooper hijacking. During Mrs. Geestman's seventh and final interview with me, she admitted the two men were together and missing that entire week...and in several previous interviews she claimed her ex WAS a part of the hijacking. But up until then, she had also named other men who were actually Cooper. None of them came close to panning out. When I confronted her on the final interview, I told her that her own friend Helen Jones had testified that Kenny was the one who was with her husband the week of the hijacking, and it had been Kenny himself...at the Sumner Laundromat the January after the hijacking...who had admitted this to her, although he wouldn't tell Jones what they were doing. It was at that point in this final interview that Mrs. Geestman finally admitted it was Kenny who was with her husband that week. 

I looked at her and said this:  "You've already pointed to your husband several times as being involved in the hijacking. Now you are saying that it was Kenny who was actually Cooper. You understand this, right?" She just nodded at me. The two us understood by that time, over all these interviews, that Kenny and she were good friends for decades, and I knew that she wanted to tell me everything, but also wanted to try and protect Kenny. But when her own friend finally came forward with the truth, the game was over. 

kennykatycoloramaz

thetieandwhy.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I have been asked to speak at the June Cooper Festival. But I won't be talking about Kenny, Bernie, Margie, Helen Jones, or any of that. 

I've decided that I will call out the Seattle FBI regarding their release of the files, and discuss the parachute found in Amboy in 2008. 

First off, I think the FBI should skip ahead and start releasing the most recent files they have....FIRST. And then work their way backwards. This would enable researchers to have the NEWEST information, the LATEST information that was available on the case before they closed it in 2016. Who the hell cares wading through all the old, mostly-useless crap they've released up until now? Well, that's my opinion on it anyway. 

In those most recent files, I think you will find the most interesting information. Such as why they decided to close the case in the first place. 

I would also like to see what they have on the Amboy chute, an item they dismissed without giving an exact reason for the dismissal, and did not counter Earl Cossey's BS claim that the reason that chute could not be Cooper's was because it was made of silk...and the ones given to Cooper were ripstop nylon. That reason, such as it is, was a load of baloney bigger than the pile of processed meat put out on an average day by Oscar Meyer. 

*Question Everything*
*All The Time*

On a personal note, the reason why some folks in Cooperland hate me so much is simple. I follow this policy with everyone. To me, no one is special. No one is on some kind of 'protected list' in Cooperland. If you lie, I will call it out. If I think you are a scammer and a phony, I will call that out as well. If I think many of the people who inhabit Cooperland, the more well-known names, are full of it, or engage in suppression, duplicity, and think they are untouchable...I will call that out too. (I will exclude people like Tom Kaye and Mark M. aka '377' at Dropzone, since they are honest and solid men to a fault.) 

This policy tends to make you a few enemies. I also 'call it like I see it' in the general community of Cooper armchair investigators.

But for some other folks, the fans of Cooper and the people you never hear about publicly, it also means you can be trusted. At least to many of them it does. I have been told this. 

I get that a lot on the side, mostly privately through emails and phone calls. I don't play favorites. Everyone is on a level playing field with me and I don't suck up to people who believe they are Cooper Royalty, a term I invented a while ago. ¬¬ The idea of Cooper Royalty, a small protected group who can do no wrong is a myth, perpetuated and supported by a few select folks in Cooperland...who mostly have agendas going. For others, it is a primal fear that someone will actually solve the case, because then they would have nothing further to discuss, and their websites would soon become a bore. 

If I were a part of all that, I couldn't look myself in the mirror in the morning. I would rather be the renegade in Cooperland any day of the week (and twice on Sundays) than part of a group of phonies.

Yeah. I'm here all week. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
40 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

If you find a watch in the woods there is a good chance the owner dropped it..

but if you find "paper" money at the high water line of a River there is a good chance it came from the River.

Well, we agree on this. Years ago, I considered the idea the Tina Bar money was deliberately buried at the spot it was discovered. Then I started looking at the additional shards that were discovered, and since these shards were somewhat away from the main block of money, I realized that burial was unlikely. And besides...it was private property and just entering that property to bury money would be dangerous. 

Then...I thought "what are the chances that the money would be discovered in a place where dredge spoils and heavy equipment operated? Unless the money was dredged to the spot?" 

That is a likely possibility. Either that, or the money washed up there, and the dredge operations, the moving of the sand by heavy equipment around the beach...caused the shards and where they ended up some short distance from the main pile of money. 

Then...you have the folks saying ('dredging experts,' such as they are) that the money might not be able to get past the wiper bar on a dredge without being more heavily damaged. So...maybe the money WAS moved around by heavy equipment...but was not actually dredged from the Columbia to the spot it was found. 

This only leaves one remaining possibility. That the money washed up there from the Columbia River, and was pushed around a bit by the heavy equipment. This could have caused the shards that were found near the main bundle of money. They could have flaked off, or broken off, and being shoved around like that, ended up nearby. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Update on the June-scheduled DB Cooper Party:

Kyle D, the guy who was part of a group of young boys who accidentally discovered about $1,400 in twenty-dollar bills buried behind Cooper suspect Kenny Christiansen's house in Bonney Lake, WA has (finally) signed to be a speaker at the party. He's spreading the word locally and bringing some of his friends to boot. I had him convinced to show up a couple of months ago, but he was a bit reticent to actually get up on stage. I finally convinced him. This makes a total of four speakers for the event, plus anyone else who has enough nerve to get up on stage and do their Cooper Thing. 

It's a fairly loose event, as you can tell. 

LOL...I'm even telling people they can just play music if they wish, and if their instrument requires electrification, we can provide that for them. Ever since I dropped the 'you must register in advance' requirement, we've been getting much more interest in the party from the locals. I define 'locals' as people mostly living between Portland and Seattle. 

We will do video of this event over the three days it runs, and condense it all down into a 90-minute movie for YouTube. I'm going to shoot it (as best I can) in the style of one of my all-time favorite documentary heroes, the late, great D.A. Pennebaker. I absolutely loved this guy and just about everything he ever did. I have been studying his two-camera technique and how he did cuts, edits, and the like. I'm sure I can't hold a candle to a genius like Pennebaker...but I will try anyway. I'm even going to make the final version available on straight-to-video DVD. 

The resulting film will be dedicated to him. 

As far as CooperCon 2021 goes, we're not in competition with those guys. What I figure is that we will set the bar for them...and see what happens. I think they have chosen to ignore us, which is their right of course. Maybe not the smartest thing, but their choice alone. If they were actually smart, they might decide to work with us and allow us to send much promo their way. They can't really do anything for us, but it's possible we could do a LOT for them. It's not going to be an easy thing for Eric to pack the house at twenty bucks a seat, in case no one involved in all that hasn't figured it out. B)

We do have some advice for Eric that might help, though. Try making tickets available at the door. You didn't do that in 2019. You were only selling pre-admissions online. This way, you get the last-minute crowd, too. I assume there is a marquee above the ticket window? 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Generally, I always thought a Cooper conference was good idea for participants and attendees,,

but now Eric wants to expand to add Bigfoot and flying saucers..  he must be kidding.

That would discredit the Cooper case and make it a joke..

(edited)

3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Generally, I always thought a Cooper conference was good idea for participants and attendees,,

but now Eric wants to expand to add Bigfoot and flying saucers..  he must be kidding.

That would discredit the Cooper case and make it a joke..

Well...I don't want them to think I plan to rail against them or try to interfere. Any attention to the Cooper case in public is a good thing in my opinion. But going it alone as they plan to do, and trying to shut some folks out won't work. But you can't tell them anything. It's not easy to get people to fill a theater at twenty bucks a seat. It's not easy to do it even if the seats are FREE. After the last convention, I got a series of messages from people who saw the reports about it, and was asked why I didn't show. They were disappointed, mostly. No kidding. I could have said, 'Because I wasn't wanted,' but I just told people it was because I had to be in San Diego. Both things were true, but I'm not going down that subject road again. 

Both events should compliment each other. They actually have more to gain by cooperation with AB of Seattle than the other way around, because we have to go 'first' as they say. They cannot really help us, even if they wanted to. The events are completely different. They plan a convention. We're planning a party, to be frank about it. They are continuing the convention tradition started by Geoff Gray. We are trying to do the Ariel Store thing over a three-day weekend, with some Cooper stuff tossed in. It's like comparing apples to oranges. 

The only convention I ever went to was Norwescon in Seattle. (Northwest Science Fiction Convention) I did that when we were doing Escape Velocity Magazine. I was silly enough (for a while) to think that Eric and his friends, knowing we had a pretty good budget to work with this year, i.e. a few thousand bucks via Greg, might actually bury the hatchet and approach us for a combination event. Ha. I should have known better, as the Beatles once said. 

On the other hand, two events are better than one. I will probably have to promote them a bit at the Festival, otherwise they will say I am working against them again. God knows, they will need help if they are going to charge rates like that for attendance. I wouldn't call it hopeless, though. If I could give them a suggestion besides tickets at the door this time, I would advise them to cough up the money and get a 'headliner' on the program. Definition according to Connie at the Auburn Days Festival:  "A person with a well-known name that will bring in the crowd."  We're still working on that angle ourselves for the June event, but probably won't have anyone like that until after the news articles come out in May. 

EV3frontcoverweb.jpg.8f05d6d596fd59bd95e7b6ee6321770c.jpg

ABOVE: Front cover, Escape Velocity - Issue Three. I designed the cover myself. I think this was a 2007 issue, and although I wrote the '12 Things' article, only about three or four of them actually came true. :/

Edited by RobertMBlevins
smaller picture

Here's a question for Hominid and other experts on the "FBI map".

Does anyone know the significance of the handwritten letters “NC” (abeam Seattle), “NO” or “NB” (abeam Pigeon Springs, Washington), “NA” or “XA” (abeam Salem, Oregon), and “NQ” or “NO” (abeam Eugene, Oregon)?

(edited)
1 hour ago, DFS346 said:

Here's a question for Hominid and other experts on the "FBI map".

Does anyone know the significance of the handwritten letters “NC” (abeam Seattle), “NO” or “NB” (abeam Pigeon Springs, Washington), “NA” or “XA” (abeam Salem, Oregon), and “NQ” or “NO” (abeam Eugene, Oregon)?

I think it is a geo grid...  those 4 notations match the grid lines on this Sage map,,, these grids are not unique to Sage and were a few different systems.

I assume the potting data was plotted/transferred grid by grid.

and no I can't confirm the lettering.

SAGE%20AIR%20DEFENSE%20SYSTEM.3.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

Total guess out of the blue, but NO might stand for Northwest Orient, and NA for Northwest Airlines. It *could* be a reference that a particular position plot was also done with additional input from the jet crew, or certified on the ground with Paul Soderlind's team, who were working with the Seattle office of NWA, the FBI, and ATC on the afternoon/evening of the hijacking. Soderlind and his guys were in contact with Flight 305 here and there I have heard, at least after the takeoff from Seattle. I know they had a hand in creating the FBI map. 

Total guess though, like I said. 

• Like 1

(edited)

Oh, brother....Shutter over at the DB Cooper Forum going off again...whatever. I will address his *stuff*. (polite name for it)

Shutter:  It costs money to do anything. you can't expect everything to be free. Robert Blevins whined about the museum charging $10 for parking. Robert goes negative at the first thing he doesn't like. he couldn't even afford to do anything without Greg.

Robert says:  Yes, everything costs money. I said you'd have a better chance of filling the seats if those twenty dollar tickets to the convention were made available at the door, unlike last time, where they were only available online. It wasn't the parking fee on the museum that was the problem. There is street parking on Pacific Avenue. I refused to attend because they wanted me to give them Gayla's SSN in order to validate a purchase order to buy some copies of Into The Blast for their little store. They wouldn't relent, and I got pissed off. So I told them to buy copies at Amazon and stayed home. And yes...I can afford to do this or that on my own. Greg was asked to put up some of the money and became overly generous. And I financed all the other Cooper Campouts we've done prior to the June Festival thing, and I'm still putting up about $1,200 of my own money for it, in addition to Greg's money. I'm also doing most of the logistics, and dealing with the press and the public for it. As far as money goes, I was ready to borrow up to $100,000 from a trust fund held by my folks for me, in an effort to 'restore the Ariel Store' to its former glory. (My first idea was to suggest he go fifty-fifty with someone on the business, someone with money to do the repairs, but he rejected that idea.) But then Bryan went crazy on me for no good reason, after he pocketed $2,500 in cash we raised for him, and God knows how much through the credit/debit card donations. Probably another thousand at least. A more ungrateful person I have not met in my life. 

If you wish to speak about money and Roberts free event, this would only apply if you have a tent and supplies needed for several days in the woods. you can bet it will exceed any cost of any other Cooper event if you have to buy everything needed to go to the free event. is this bad, of course not but it's no different than whining about an entrance fee.

Robert says: No one is forcing anyone to attend the June party. Not that many are bringing tents I hear. Some. Most seem to be bringing vans, trucks with campers, small trailers. It's true they might spend more to come for a three day weekend, rather than just an afternoon at the theater in Vancouver. If I said the party was to benefit Childrens' Hospital in Seattle, you would find reasons to bitch and whine about that as well. Is this not true? 

Eric holds an event every year and you won't see all the 3rd grade schoolboy tactics Robert spews post after post. it's all hateful comments and redundant copy/paste drama. it's done in a professional manor.

Robert says: We do Cooper events as well. Just somewhat different, and more like the Ariel Store parties than conventions. I already said previously that I supported Eric's event, but that it won't be easy to pack the seats at twenty bucks USD a pop. That's a lot of moolah for a seat, my friend. Hopefully, Eric can make people feel good about spending that much on a ticket when the whole thing is done. He might be able to do that. I have confidence he will do just that. 

The $1400 found was on Christensen's property and wasn't part of the ransom money and wasn't all in 20 dollar bills. I know plenty of people including myself who have buried money. 

Robert says:  Wasn't part of the ransom money? No kidding? We said that was the case on the video for YouTube about it. I made that perfectly plain from the start. Money was dated 84-86. However, since Christiansen felt it necessary to create a hiding place both in his attic, and another one crafted from wood outside, which he buried with the money wrapped in heavy plastic...it was worth mentioning. If you ask me for a theory, I think it was probably bug-out money, just in case money, or like that. The one thing the money did tell us was that the rumors about it were true. Other than that, not a whole lot. 

If you guys over at the Cooper Forum don't cease your bitching, whining, and fault-finding with our June event...we may change our minds about supporting YOUR event coming up in November. I plan to urge people to attend the Vancouver event, as well as provide they and any press who might show up the information about it. But if I see just ONE MORE *non-constructive* criticism about the June party, I will withdraw that offer. I don't want to do that. I do think there is room for TWO Cooper events this year, Shutter. They aren't even close to the same dates or in the same locations, or even appeal to the same types of people. So back off, if you please. Thank you. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
some clarifications

(edited)
On 3/6/2021 at 9:06 AM, FLYJACK said:

This destroys Ulis's theory that Cooper wanted to jump close to Seattle because he wanted airstairs opened on takeoff..

Eric has the facts wrong, not me.

This FBI doc and many others clearly state the Cooper's INITIAL demand was airstairs lowered or extended in flight...  he changed the demand later when landing in Reno was negotiated.

The premise is just false.

and.. How not having luggage proves Cooper flew from Seattle to Portland is beyond me.

Cooper's initial demand was lowered inflight, this is important as it was his initial intention and it changed,, that shows he adapted his plan and jumped where he did not initially intended.

How do people expect to solve this when they have the basic facts wrong..

stairinitdemand.jpeg.f635c8a7e60531879eb47a210d102050.jpeg

Ouch, Eric has a real aggressive side when challenged... a bully.

The TBAR spot was well underwater from April thru June 1972... I guess Cooper was exceptionally talented in finding buried money under the sand under 6-15 ft of water. His burial/retrieval theory is not based on any evidence, it is absurd even for specualtion.

The above doc (and others) proves Eric is 100% wrong,, Cooper DID NOT INITIALLY demand airstairs down on takeoff. He claims to have studied the case for 12 years... his argument is bogus. He has built his entire narrative the same way.. Bad info, conjecture, speculation and goal seeking.

I have mentioned this for a while and Eric just won't man up and admit he is wrong...  

Quote from Ulis...

"DB Cooper initially requested that Flight 305 depart Seattle with its rear airstairs deployed. The pilots rejected this request stating that the jet could not take off in this configuration. Cooper relented and allowed the jet to depart with the airstairs in the “up” position but demanded that Flight Attendant Tina Mucklow help him deploy the airstairs immediately upon take-off.

The airstairs request coupled with the fact that Cooper didn’t board with any luggage and that he couldn’t be certain he could occupy the last row of the flight from Portland—therefore may have had to abort the skyjacking—suggests that Cooper planned to originally jump in the Seattle area—probably the exurbs of Seattle."

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Just an objective observation...

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

...twenty bucks USD a pop...

I believe Robert is neither Canadian nor Latin American, yet he just indicated a phrase similar  to one used by some to infer that Cooper might have been foreign. Anything is possible, but sometimes such a phrase is used just for emphasis.

Edited by dudeman17

(edited)
41 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Just an objective observation...

I believe Robert is neither Canadian nor Latin American, yet he just indicated a phrase similar  to one used by some to infer that Cooper might have been foreign. Anything is possible, but sometimes such a phrase is used just for emphasis.

It isn't quite the same context,,  

A better analogy is walking into a US bank withdrawing from your account and using "US/American" money...

How many times did Robert mention money without the "US" qualifier...  many many more times...

but it isn't conclusive, it is rare.. I have always said that.

It doesn't indicate Cooper was Canadian or "Latin American",,  it suggests a foreign connection/influence,, could be an American.. 

The other factors to consider are that Cooper demanded to fly to Mex, and was described as Latin American/Mexican in features and characteristics,,, those also suggest a foreign angle but are not conclusive.

The pilots said "American currency" and Tina said "US currency"....  you have two references.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
1 hour ago, dudeman17 said:

Just an objective observation... (regarding my using the term '20 USD a pop')

No big mystery. On AB of Seattle's monthly receipt-of-payment reports from Lightning Source that term is used on the reports to distinguish between payments made to us in American dollars, GB pounds, Euros, Australian dollars, etc. Then they convert the currencies for us automatically into USD and deposit them in our business bank account. LSI has print and ship facilities worldwide. But we get separate reports from each market every month, how many copies of which book(s) went out wholesale, like that, in the different currencies. 

Once in a while, I've had to adjust our trade rate discount to wholesalers and retailers, (generally it's 55% off the cover price) because of currency fluctuations. LOL one time I found out I had been selling one of our books at a loss of sixteen cents per copy in one overseas market or another and had to adjust. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I found this image of a North West Airlines  B-727,, It looks identical to the NORJAK plane comparing it to the sled test images.

It might be NORJAK but NWA ordered several so it could be a sister plane.

but this would be the view for the passengers looking back at Cooper.

I have been trying to get a measurement for the height below the storage rack and lights, I think Cooper would barely stand up between the light bars..

e56a76f84709f0e7ba7509922221d39a.jpg.5d45ede100434bffe0561be6e4cd9cfd.jpg

No big deal now, but people poked fun at my idea that it might be hard to tell someone's true height inside the confines of an aircraft cabin...as opposed to standing next to them at the bus stop, for example. 

I gave the example of when I was on a flight down to San Diego many years ago from Seattle. I saw Bret Boone, the former MLB player for Seattle, come out of First Class and do some interaction with a few of his fans in the front rows of coach. I would have sworn on a Bible he was over six feet tall. Not even a hesitation. 

When the plane landed, I accidentally bumped into him at the luggage carousel when we reached for adjoining bags. He was shorter than I was, and I am 5-11 1/2. He is 5-10. It was a big shock. 

But an even bigger shock was when I ran into him, literally. It was like walking into a brick wall. And at that very second, I was sure he was on steroids. No one gets THAT hard, that rock-solid all over, every inch, with weight training alone. It was downright weird. 

And as it turned out, I may have been right. He was named in the Canseco book. Doesn't mean it's true, of course. But at that moment, I was certain he was on steroids. 

(edited)
15 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I think it is a geo grid...  

Agreed. Each of those annotations is in the lower left corner of a quadrangle bounded by degrees of latitude and longitude.

The notations NC, NO/NB, NA/XA and NQ/NO don't correspond to any map reference in the Operational Navigation Charts or theTactical Pilotage Charts of the Defense Mapping Agency.

WSHS 21494 NC quadrangle.jpg

WSHS 18967 NB quadrangle.jpg

FBI map NA quadrangle.bmp FBI map NQ quadrangle.bmp

Edited by DFS346