21 21
quade

DB Cooper

Robert, as Parrot pointed out several days ago, this all all very juvenile. my forum consists of 5 or 6 comments about your camping trip. they were posted because of getting caught up in a loop with you and were made over a week ago. nothing different from what was said here either. you have destroyed this thread to where no real conversation will exist. many have put you on ignore so they don't have to read all the nonsense. you are the single most male drama queen I've ever come across. yes, some question your stability since we seem to be all you talk about.

Nobody is jealous, Robert. you put yourself in the position you are in, not me. you flat out begged me to get involved and then turn around and personally attack me with politics when I refuse. then you whine when people talk about the event and start spewing crap of jealousy and hatred. you clog up this thread pages at a time ranting and get bent out of shape over a few comments. you start in on Eric the minute he announces an event even sending emails to several events, articles to boot. all negative. "jealousy and backbiting," really, Robert. have you read anything you post over the years? just more hypocrisy. 

I own my forum, and it has multiple threads. one is an off topic thread. this site doesn't have that ability with one Cooper.thread. I will also comment on what ever I desire, got it? what you will not see is a continuation as you do here. Flyjack is by himself and is the only one on this thread holding to it's reason and rules. he has also put you on ignore. a few others post here with actual questions about the case. 

You have become the "evil spammer" you often speak about. 

I research the case. I don't do events nor do I get upset when someone holds an event. that's a very childish schoolboy speaking point IMHO. it's like the third grade rhetoric "my daddy is better than your daddy". the ignore list is growing because someone doesn't put a sock in it..can you read that on the wall? Doubtful, or you wouldn't be whining. people have reasons for not wanting to get involved with you. it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, as Parrot pointed out several days ago, this all all very juvenile. my forum consists of 5 or 6 comments about your camping trip. they were posted because of getting caught up in a loop with you and were made over a week ago. nothing different from what was said here either. you have destroyed this thread to where no real conversation will exist. many have put you on ignore so they don't have to read all the nonsense. you are the single most male drama queen I've ever come across. yes, some question your stability since we seem to be all you talk about.

Nobody is jealous, Robert. you put yourself in the position you are in, not me. you flat out begged me to get involved and then turn around and personally attack me with politics when I refuse. then you whine when people talk about the event and start spewing crap of jealousy and hatred. you clog up this thread pages at a time ranting and get bent out of shape over a few comments. you start in on Eric the minute he announces an event even sending emails to several events, articles to boot. all negative. "jealousy and backbiting," really, Robert. have you read anything you post over the years? just more hypocrisy. 

I own my forum, and it has multiple threads. one is an off topic thread. this site doesn't have that ability with one Cooper.thread. I will also comment on what ever I desire, got it? what you will not see is a continuation as you do here. Flyjack is by himself and is the only one on this thread holding to it's reason and rules. he has also put you on ignore. a few others post here with actual questions about the case. 

You have become the "evil spammer" you often speak about. 

I research the case. I don't do events nor do I get upset when someone holds an event. that's a very childish schoolboy speaking point IMHO. it's like the third grade rhetoric "my daddy is better than your daddy". the ignore list is growing because someone doesn't put a sock in it..can you read that on the wall? Doubtful, or you wouldn't be whining. people have reasons for not wanting to get involved with you. it is what it is. 

What a load of baloney. If I weren't the basically nice guy I am, (plus the fact you would try to have me banned) I would allow people to see what you guys post both at YOUR site and at the Mountain News. All of it (with the possible exception of the person who claims to be Marla Cooper) done by your own members. You aren't fooling anyone. 

You guys wanted me to cease giving updates about the Cooper Festival, so I tried to do that because I thought you might be right about it. Maybe it was time to give it a break, since by now the links to the pages at AB of Seattle are all over the internet, as well as Dropzone. Sure...no use hitting people over the head with it. Everyone knows where the information resides now. Everyone knows what's being planned for June. 

And then what do I see the very next day....an unsupported, unfounded, blank-check accusation of dishonesty regarding that festival. You don't even have the courage to make a couple of points. You just call the whole thing a lie, and dishonest. If you're going to make accusations, you should back them up. You've been taking lessons from somebody who does that sort of thing even more professionally than you do. Fortunately, he will be gone soon. B)

By the way...announcing details on the biggest Cooper event ever conceived to date....is not spamming. Neither is defending yourself when necessary. I don't know where you got the idea I was a lay-down-and-take-it kind of guy, but you should dismiss that from your mind. I'm not one of your phony-baloney forum members, and I generally give it to people straight, whether on forums, or email, or in person. I don't snipe at people anonymously from behind a rock, as some of your friends do. (*laughs*) 

(edited)

Your linked document talks about stuff from between six to eight years ago, and is the biggest bunch of self-serving, one-sided drivel I have ever seen.  

If you have proof that the 50th Anniversary DB Cooper Festival is a lie, or that we are somehow being dishonest with people about it...(your quote below)

'As for Robert, he will never change. he continues to lie and it's become evident to a lot of people. I believe he's not being truthful about his event in many ways...' 

...then say what that dishonesty IS, or put a sock in it as I sugggested. 

As far as your claim that 'other people agree,' you are talking about your own forum members, and not that many. Why shouldn't they? They're the same people who comprise the Peanut Gallery over at Mountain News. And look...you are one of them as well. You go by your own username though. I'll give you that. But when you lie down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas every time. 

Do not speak to me of honesty. Trust me when I tell you that when you look up that word in the dictionary...your picture was deleted long ago. ¬¬ At least when it comes to your silly statements regarding the festival. The festival is more than honest, I assure you. If it weren't, I would be charging admission, instead of giving the whole schmeer away to everyone. You are simply pissed off that you can't stop it, so you lash out. You don't even consider your own members, especially the ones with books for sale out there, or podcasts they might want promoted. You are on a vendetta, and nothing else. But all you are doing with that is hurting your own membership, some of whom occasionally confide in me on the side. And I feel their pain, too. It hurts when you spend so much time writing a Cooper book and then you find out there is a lot of competition out there. Well, the answer to that is promotion. You should put your personal feelings aside and think about someone else on your forum for a change. 

The festival will happen whether you like it or not, or post false accusations about it or not. Few are listening to you except a small number of people on your own forum. Good thing for them, too. If any of them were to stand up against you for once, you would probably ban them anyway. ¬¬

On the other hand, each day that I see stuff like what's posted at Mountain News, or the Cooper Forum, the more I think we're better off without all of you. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

It's the nonstop posting is what I'm talking about. you have taken up pages for an event 6 months away. we get it. Parrot said the same. you also agreed and yet keep trying to defend something you agreed too? 

I think we're better off without all of you. 

You keep saying this and turn around asking for help. have the event, have fun. that's what it's purpose is, right. I never once said not to have it. you twist everything mentioned about you,  Robert. you said the exact same with the movie, podcasts, Ariel etc. I have no reason to stop anything. I don't want anything to do with you. why is this so hard to understand. I'm not alone with this either. this is so pointless..if you don't need us, what the hell are you complaining about? 

(edited)
34 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's the nonstop posting is what I'm talking about. you have taken up pages for an event 6 months away. we get it. Parrot said the same. you also agreed and yet keep trying to defend something you agreed too? 

You keep saying this and turn around asking for help. have the event, have fun. that's what it's purpose is, right. I never once said not to have it. you twist everything mentioned about you,  Robert. you said the exact same with the movie, podcasts, Ariel etc. I have no reason to stop anything. I don't want anything to do with you. why is this so hard to understand. I'm not alone with this either. this is so pointless..if you don't need us, what the hell are you complaining about? 

No one's asking for help. Most of you guys don't even live in the Northwest anyway. So any help you could offer would be minimal. We have volunteers already for the setup on Wed/Thurs and the take down on Sunday. If you and yours want no part of the biggest Cooper thing that will happen this year, or any other year for that matter (outside of a full-length feature film on Cooper, which would certainly be bigger than the festival) then that's your choice. I'll admit it's a mystery on why people in Cooperland would ignore the idea of getting to present their book, their argument on the case, whatever they wish...even remotely through a video...and try to reach a bigger audience as well as the media. It does tend to boost your book sales and your internet traffic. You guys are a hard bunch for sure. B) Well, your loss and others' gains. Some people have taken us up on those offers. 

You still haven't qualified your accusation, the one you just made the other day. I would like an answer or forever hold your peace:

'As for Robert, he will never change. he continues to lie and it's become evident to a lot of people. I believe he's not being truthful about his event in many ways...' 

Not truthful about the event? What part? When? What 'many ways'? Are you speaking of more than one dishonest thing here? 

How about you stick to what you do best, and we will stick to ours. In the meantime, try to avoid tossing out baseless claims of dishonesty regarding the festival without a shred of evidence to back it up. That's not 'giving your opinion'. It's slander, and a lie. Wonder where you learned THAT tactic? Hmm... ^_^

Edited by RobertMBlevins

6 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Not truthful about the event? What part? When? What 'many ways'? Are you speaking of more than one dishonest thing here? 

Hmmm, I guess I can take the route you did by failing to provide the quote from Jim you claim I have and who the members are from my forum sending nasty emails to supporters of the event that never happened. 

Here is where you demand I speak lol. 

(edited)

I don't publish other peoples' emails. Not generally. And if I ever did, I don't do it anymore. However, I may have made a mistake on all that. The messages that came to me about your members and the trashy lies they told to some of the sponsors were not sent to you. I was wrong about that. These messages came to me alone about two months after EU accepted the hosting job and then ignored all input and messages after he did. I finally made some inquiries, and that is what I was told. Naming names now on which Cooper Forum members did this is pointless now. You don't need me to figure this out. Just ask your biggest members privately. I'm sure they will be more than happy to tell you. 

The lesson was learned, though. I figured out that if we wanted to throw a big Cooper festival, an event, whatever you wish to call it....it was better not to put some people into a position of trust. It was better for us to do it on our own, and only trust a select group of people for certain responsibilities. This worked out much better. And even after all the trouble you guys caused, and having to settle for a boring program down in Vancouver at twenty bucks a ticket...we still didn't try to cut you from the participation loop for the upcoming festival. 

My guess is that over the next couple of months, as the festival gets closer and people realize what it's really all about...they will either decide it couldn't hurt to promote 'what they got,' or they will regret they didn't. But that is up to them. The only requirement is they have to deal with us like adults, and not like the kiddies spouting their drivel at the Mountain News. This event is for grown-ups. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I told you several times I would unblock you so you can forward the incriminating emails. especially one you claim I got from Jim. doesn't just saying things make them baseless like you just wrote? isn't that exactly what you did not long ago? what's the harm in sending one you claim I already have. nothing to hide there, right or is it only baseless coming from me? these are things you love to announce but fail to backup...

It's extremely important when you accuse multiple people..very important.

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)
44 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I told you several times I would unblock you so you can forward the incriminating emails. especially one you claim I got from Jim. doesn't just saying things make them baseless like you just wrote? isn't that exactly what you did not long ago? what's the harm in sending one you claim I already have. nothing to hide there, right or is it only baseless coming from me? these are things you love to announce but fail to backup...

It's not baseless. It's POINTLESS. Even if you saw who did that, you didn't support our Portland effort anyway. And you don't support the one coming to Greenwater in June. And would you ban these people from your website? Of course not. So what is the point? Not like I named names you know. But the names told me who could not be trusted, and because of the actions of these people, you all got stuck with EU's version of a Cooper Party, which I thought was not only unfair (20 dollars a ticket and you couldn't purchase at the door) but BORING. We've been around about this issue several times now. Water under the bridge, and brother we learned not only how to deal with some folks, but how NOT to deal with them. Or to trust them. But all that really happened was you all shot yourselves in the foot. I am way past all that. One reason is that at least this happened prior to me actually plunking down cash to support the Portland event. So other than some time and work setting up the guest and speaker list, I lost nothing. 

On a more Cooper related note, here is a picture of some of the stuff found in KC's house after he died. It was taken back to Minnesota by Lyle. One interesting thing Lyle told me was that Kenny owned a gun, but he kept it in a storage locker that Lyle, and KC's other brother Oliver, emptied out. Some stuff they tossed, the obvious junk. Most of it they loaded up and drove back to Minnesota with. I asked Lyle what kind of gun. He said he didn't know, but it was an automatic. I've wondered occasionally 'IF' KC was Cooper, whether he was packing that gun on the airliner. I kind of doubt it. At that time, he couldn't have afforded a damn gun LOL. He probably bought it later after he bought the house. 

No big deal, but one of the speakers coming to the festival is the guy who (with some friends) discovered all that money buried right out back of KC's house after he died. Maybe you've seen that picture, I don't know. I'll post it anyway. It is NOT money from the hijacking, but bills from 82-84. You wanted Cooper stuff here, well there you go. None of it proves a thing. But I call it 'interesting stuff'.

Kenny and items2.jpg

1998MoneyPicture.jpg

Kyle D told me that the money was sealed carefully in a heavy plastic bag, and that the bag was inside a small, homemade wooden box. After the logging company stripped the hill of logs after KC died, a small corner of the wooden box was sticking up maybe a quarter inch above the ground. Didn't look like much, but when the boys were playing up there, one of them tripped over it and most of the box came to the surface. They turned in the money to the Bonney Lake Police Department, and the Bonney Lake PD sent it either to a bank or maybe straight to BEP in DC. Either way, they eventually got a check for about $1,300, which was split evenly between the boys. My theory is that it was bug-out money that KC buried up there for some reason or other. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Robert, you made a serious accusation about multiple people and refuse to give any information asking me to find out what you claim to know. that's ridiculous. you go directly  to the source. that's how it's done. it's not pointless or baseless. you don't make claims like that about other people Robert unless you are prepared to expose them, again, that's something you enjoy doing without hesitation. 

Take your problems up with Eric. I don't do events. if someone asks me about you, I will tell them my thoughts. I explained my position clearly in multiple emails to Jim. it's all pointless..you put so much drama into all of this nonsense. it's all pointless and does nobody any good. this is why people put you on ignore. it's all baseless crap. 

How can I see what people wrote in emails I never seen? you claim this was months later. 

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

you all got stuck with EU's version of a Cooper Party, which I thought was not only unfair (20 dollars a ticket and you couldn't purchase at the door)

I didn't get stuck with anything. I had nothing to do with the event. you are asking for way more. if people have to purchase a tent and camping supplies that goes into the hundreds. it's up to the people who go that decides what is right, isn't it? you whined about $10 WSHS charged. not everyone has money given to them on a silver platter pal. things cost money, you know? even Jim's deal would of cost you nothing since he offered the theater for free. someone is still paying for your free events, Robert. Greg instead of Jim this time. basing everything on money is another falsehood you need to stop.I'm sure it would of been different if Eric was given things too, no? 

I don't recall his events even being parties? they are conferences and get together's before or after the event surrounding those involved? 

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)
1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

I didn't get stuck with anything. I had nothing to do with the event. you are asking for way more. if people have to purchase a tent and camping supplies that goes into the hundreds. it's up to the people who go that decides what is right, isn't it? you whined about $10 WSHS charged. not everyone has money given to them on a silver platter pal. things cost money, you know? even Jim's deal would of cost you nothing since he offered the theater for free. someone is still paying for your free events, Robert. Greg instead of Jim this time. basing everything on money is another falsehood you need to stop.I'm sure it would of been different if Eric was given things too, no? 

I don't recall his events even being parties? they are conferences and get together's before or after the event surrounding those involved? 

Actually, I was covering Scott Rolle's plane ticket from Maryland, and about a thousand bucks for the Lookalike Contest. 

Greg and I have been tight friends for over 35 years, and he's been on the staff at Adventure Books since we started. He was more than happy to finance much of the festival. My total costs, on my own, run about $2,000 additional. You want to throw a two-day festival on Cooper? You want to do big media presentations, generous Amazon gift card prizes for Cooper dress-up? Well, you have to pay for that. A great deal goes to the free BBQ and the prizes for the expanded Lookalike Contest we're running. More goes to some of the gear. The only problem we see is that we may have to cut off max attendance at some point. But knowing where that point is can be difficult. Someone linked us at the Motley Fool website and a dozen more apps showed up in my inbox today. And it's going to get heavier as time goes by. Some of the people on the public notification list have asked me, "Robert, can I link out your festival page here or there?" Well, sure. We're also enlisting the support of a couple of businesses along Highway 410 who will undoubtably benefit as a result of the festival. They want to do posters, so I am looking at that over at Cafe Press. 

This entire package is a lot more than anything you and your buddies have done lately. Except go negative on everything as you usually do, or post Peanut Gallery junk that I am more than happy to send to others. All you guys do is post up negative stuff and lie to your members about our motivations, or lie about how they could benefit with their participation. When none of that slows us down a bit, you go with calling us dishonest. And what about your members who have books out there and are tired of only selling a few copies a month? Ever thought about them? Of course not. You are too busy picking on us and couldn't care less about them. Meanwhile, Into the Blast has moved more than 400 copies in wholesale Nov 30-Dec 31. I am not sure why, either. Lightning Source/Ingram doesn't tell you that. They just ship the books out and send you the money each month. But it's continued right into January. 

I didn't whine about the ten bucks the WA ST History Museum charges. I've paid that fee several times, which is how I got the picture below. I got pissed at them for wanting Gayla's SSN just to buy a few copies of Blast on a purchase order. We have a TI number, and I told them that. They insisted on the SSN. So screw them, I said. Only a fool gives up their SSN's to some organization that doesn't need to know that information. I told them if they needed copies, they could go get them at retail at Amazon. B)

As far as people buying camping gear just to attend, I think that's doubtful. This is Washington state. Everybody has camping stuff and the outdoors is a second home for people. In any case, that would be their choice, not mine. The most pathetic thing about this whole scenario is that most of you would rather miss your biggest chance to (*finally*) promote your stuff properly...simply because of personal and emotional issues. It's childlike at best, and you will probably regret it later. However, you can always change your mind at some point prior to June 4, but I wouldn't hesitate too long. Slots are filling up fast. And there are only so many hours allocated to video and personal presentations. We have three solid presentations going already, and a maybe on a fourth. The event is still five months out. No one will be excluded, and no one will be making negative comments about those presentations. Our job is just to show them on the big screen and let people judge for themselves. The moment I venture opinions on those presentations, that's the moment I become slanted. And I refuse to slant one way or another on anyone's book pitch, or anyone's video-presented theories. That's the job of the audience, not mine. This is also why I never review Cooper books at Amazon. It doesn't seem kosher for me to do that, since I have one of my own out there. 

cooperchutetacoma.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, it's not a competition or the ability to out do anyone. we research the case. we don't strive on pulling crowds for events. it costs money for everything done. this has zip to do with researching the case. exposure is always good but it's not my cup of tea nor is writing a book. 

What happens in Ariel this year is anyone's guess. I'm sure a lot will go to that as well. same for what ever Eric has in mind. it's the peoples choice and not yours.when they are announced I'm sure you will be right there shouting them down. it seems two of the three people you talk about most get more media coverage than you do. both Eric and Bruce have been on multiple documentaries with more to come from my understanding. nether one brags about it on any forum. they just do it. you are like a dictator telling everyone what is right and what is wrong, where to go to and where not to go, even speaking for us.

I don't have much more to say. you have the whole night ahead of you to respond and whine. I actually sleep at night and go to my job early in the morning unlike some folks (smiles) about 5 hours left to patrol and post while we all sleep. do you and Greg take shifts. should I leave a light on for ya? be careful, some even attack you with politics. it's a jungle out there. happy hunting.

(edited)
32 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, it's not a competition or the ability to out do anyone. we research the case. we don't strive on pulling crowds for events. it costs money for everything done. this has zip to do with researching the case. exposure is always good but it's not my cup of tea nor is writing a book. 

What happens in Ariel this year is anyone's guess. I'm sure a lot will go to that as well. same for what ever Eric has in mind. it's the peoples choice and not yours.when they are announced I'm sure you will be right there shouting them down. it seems two of the three people you talk about most get more media coverage than you do. both Eric and Bruce have been on multiple documentaries with more to come from my understanding. nether one brags about it on any forum. they just do it. you are like a dictator telling everyone what is right and what is wrong, where to go to and where not to go, even speaking for us.

I don't have much more to say. you have the whole night ahead of you to respond and whine. I actually sleep at night and go to my job early in the morning unlike some folks (smiles) about 5 hours left to patrol and post while we all sleep. do you and Greg take shifts. should I leave a light on for ya? be careful, some even attack you with politics. it's a jungle out there. happy hunting.

What will happen in Ariel this year I can predict for you already. It will cost more than the property is worth to bring it to a state where it can do business again as it once did. Unless the owners have deep pockets, they will probably go with the museum idea. I have heard this is what they may do. No beer will be served. No party. It might be a good place for a straight convention, though. 

Eric can do what he wishes. I have nothing against the guy these days. I voluntarily removed two videos I did about him at YouTube, as well as two articles from Cooper WordPress. And like everyone else in Cooperland, he is free to make a presentation or to attend the June event if he wishes. (He would have to meet the same attendance criteria as anyone else, though.)

Where do I tell you to go? No one is telling you to go anywhere or do anything. When you have a Cooper event, it's traditional to put out the word to Cooperland. I have done that. You did the same, only you called it dishonest without giving a reason, or any evidence on that. So why should people in Cooperland listen to you? 

If Eric and Bruce get media coverage, that's fine with me. I'm looking for a different kind of media coverage, one that examines what's being presented by people other than myself. I don't actively seek it out, and the coverage I have received over the years seems better than some of the shows I've watched lately. John Dower, the guy who did the Cooper documentary a short time ago admitted in Vanity Fair he had hoped for better, and was never going near the Cooper case again. Neither was his wife, he said. After I saw that documentary, I was glad they cut our part. If I had known Dower was just looking for the weird side of Cooperland, I wouldn't have bothered with him. 

At least with Eric, he was working on a theory and they did some boots-to-the-ground stuff for the show. You had to like that. 

It's not a jungle out there. You just have to know what you're doing and work with a good team. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

The jungle was a joke, Robert. 

Ariel could still have a party outside and serve alcohol as a special event. I don't know who they are or what they are really doing. If they contact anyone we will find out. 

When did you get the permit from the forestry you state on the website? 

(edited)

The jungle was a joke, Robert. 

Ariel could still have a party outside and serve alcohol as a special event. I don't know who they are or what they are really doing. If they contact anyone we will find out. 

When did you get the permit from the forestry you state on the website? 

Yes, they could do a banquet permit and serve alcohol using that. Better have shelter, though. Rains a lot in November. 

The other question is none of your business. Information like that is for the planning committee only. 

While I'm here, I would point out that you have no interest in the event anyway, and in no way support it...

And you have blocked me from your email and your Cooper site. 

So what makes you think I would privy you with information ABOUT the event that is not already available to the public?  Plus you asked me to stop bringing up details about it anyway. I am trying to do that. 

The truth is that any private information I would provide to you would only be used in efforts AGAINST the event. If not by you, then by some of your members. You guys don't ask for information because you are interested in the information, or support the festival. You ask so you can try to trash it. We're not stupid here, you know.

No more announcements about the festival will be made at Dropzone for at least two months. Probably longer. We're already approaching 150 requests for attendance, or at least the updates while people weigh their options. I don't think any more promo is going to be necessary, although I will allow those two local papers to do articles in April. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

The other question is none of your business. Information like that is for the planning committee only. 

When you make public announcements it becomes everyone 's business.I can answer it for you..I took 5 minutes this morning and sent an email to the forestry service in reference to permits and group settings..It's about honesty. 

" Large gathering are currently not allowed.

The National Forest is following the guidance put in place by the State of Washington for COVID-19"

Need a number? 

(edited)
6 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

When you make public announcements it becomes everyone 's business.I can answer it for you..I took 5 minutes this morning and sent an email to the forestry service in reference to permits and group settings..It's about honesty. 

" Large gathering are currently not allowed.

The National Forest is following the guidance put in place by the State of Washington for COVID-19"

Need a number? 

Hey Ding Dong...event isn't until JUNE. (*laughs*) Had I applied for the permit for a date in February, probably would have turned us down. You are talking to the guy who helps out the USFS rangers almost every year on Earth Day, sometimes the Olympics, sometimes the Cascades. Many of them I know personally. 

I saw those things you saw as well. It was an auto approval all the way, nonetheless. 

You see...I was right about you again. You were only looking to cause more trouble, not trying to show any possible interest in the event. Why don't you go back to showing no interest, not supporting anything positive we do in Cooperland, and leave things to the experts. ^b^ We know exactly what we're doing. We're also keeping track of Governor Jay Inslee's two-phase plan for reopening. (There is no Phase 3, because that would be complete reopening here.) Phase 2 should come fairly soon. When it does, the USFS will relax their restrictions a bit, and it won't be long after that until complete reopening. The first weekend of June is 90+ percent a go, no problem. That's five months down the road and a lot of vaccinations. We are not worried about the validity of the permit at this time. However, if you would like to be kept abreast of updates on the festival, use the Contact Form.

(Video removed. Figured you got the message.)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

That's wrong. he's in charge of permits. do you know his name? actually, several emails. first he said 300 was too large for the camp sites (different person). I sent another explaining that the event will take place possibly, May or June and wasn't a camp site. I also inquired about Covid and the restrictions they have in place. I can see them saying it's possible by June. but I was specific giving two months.(May, June) I will call in the morning for absolute confirmation. what if spikes occur, why would they approve not knowing when to drop the guard?

This is what I read all the time with you narrating everything Eric does. you had a whole story that was completely wrong about his video's. he was asked to take them down. you were told that but actually took the time to make a video about it and write articles. do you see how this gets out of hand? you have been doing things like this for years..

(edited)
5 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

That's wrong. he's in charge of permits. do you know his name? actually, several emails. first he said 300 was too large for the camp sites (different person). I sent another explaining that the event will take place possibly, May or June and wasn't a camp site. I also inquired about Covid and the restrictions they have in place. I can see them saying it's possible by June. but I was specific giving two months.(May, June) I will call in the morning for absolute confirmation. what if spikes occur, why would they approve not knowing when to drop the guard?

This is what I read all the time with you narrating everything Eric does. you had a whole story that was completely wrong about his video's. he was asked to take them down. you were told that but actually took the time to make a video about it and write articles. do you see how this gets out of hand? you have been doing things like this for years..

If you actually decide to positively promote the festival, I'm sure you will let me know. Make all the calls you want. Or email whomever you wish. I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding the two videos I did in the Olympics on Eric U. No one asked me to take them down. As far as Eric's 'Daily DB Cooper Bites,' it seemed strange that he removed them all the day after I informed him that I planned to do a review of all 60 videos soon. He pulled them the next day, but I already had the list of all 60, plus their titles, so I went ahead and reviewed them. Most of it was parody, and meant to be funny. The other one where I explain to people how he accepted the hosting job for the Portland event simply to make sure the Portland event never happened...was serious. 

I finally took them down because I thought the guy deserved a fair shot to explore his theory on TV, even though I didn't necessarily believe that theory. I didn't want to put any negative out there that might hurt the TV show. Who knows? Maybe they would find something. (As it turned out, they didn't find out a thing.) The video where I lay out the truth about his role in trashing the Portland event...well...I just figured that issue was over and there was no use in going on about it further. But I did decide not to offer him, you, or (*almost*) anyone else at the Cooper Forum a position of responsibility (or access to inside information) regarding the planning of the Cooper Festival. (If people like Tom K, etc wanted on board the Planning Committee, sure I would say to yes to them but no one else from that forum.) Sorry guys, but I figured you could not be trusted with that. I recruited people I already knew, and one guy who I had previously interviewed for those jobs. Things have worked out fine ever since. However...neither I did I try to cut anyone out of the loop who wanted to participate in the festival, either in person or remotely by submitting a video or something. I thought that was more than fair, considering the situation. 

In other words, you could be on stage (literally or by video) and party all you wished...no matter what had gone before...but I wasn't handing you the key to the theater either.  I even offered Bruce Smith the paid hosting job, if you can believe that. (Considering what some of your members post to his Cooper articles about us, I must have the patience of Job.) This approach wasn't/isn't just fair...it's WAY more than fair. I would be within my rights to simply cut all of you out of the program, but that didn't seem like the right thing to do either. So I just took the happy middle ground on everything. Whether any of you choose to support the event or participate is strictly up to you. But no one can say I tried to cut all of you out. And they never will. 

Yes, restrictions will probably be dropped by June. If there is a problem, or spikes prevent that, etc...we will make the necessary adjustments. We have confidence the date we selected will work, but this is one reason why we started planning everything back in November. Just in case. I've dealt with USFS Alerts and Notices plenty of times. 

Quit worrying so much. We will happily do the worrying FOR you. B) Together, Greg and I have put up a total of $8,000 for this festival, so yes...we wonder about the Covid situation as well. But we also have confidence that by June everything will go smooth as a baby's bottom. If Costco and Amazon don't love us already, they will by the time of the festival. That's a joke. 

EDIT: I have re-scheduled the shoot for the promotional video on the festival. (Was scheduled for this upcoming weekend near Crystal Mountain.) We're going to do the shoot over the weekend of January 23-24, and release it to YouTube shortly afterward. It will be embedded directly into the main festival page at AB. I am going to do a short introduction, and then try to answer all the questions that have been coming in to us from different people over the last six weeks. If anyone reading this now has a question they would like added to this video, email it to me and I will add it to the script. REAL questions...not smart-ass ones. They will be ignored. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I never said two video's. haven't a clue where that came from or asking for you to take anything down..I stated that you were wrong about why he took the video's down. you thought he did it because of you. I told you during your rants last year that he was asked to remove them publicly. you continued on and made the video and articles ignoring what was said. The producers made the request..I think I made that statement as well. you assumed (as usual) and was wrong. You didn't burn any bridges, you used C4 on them..

Eric is working on the event just as you are. different times and dates. toss in Ariel and we have more for the 50th. nobody has any real idea what they have in store. They did say a party will be held. when, who, how is anyone's guess. it will probably be in November. a member stopped in Ariel  not long ago. I'll ask him to get in touch with them again..

I will find the rest out tomorrow. I don't a thing to be worried about. 

(edited)

I never said two video's. haven't a clue where that came from or asking for you to take anything down..I stated that you were wrong about why he took the video's down. you thought he did it because of you. I told you during your rants last year that he was asked to remove them publicly. you continued on and made the video and articles ignoring what was said. The producers made the request..I think I made that statement as well. you assumed (as usual) and was wrong. You didn't burn any bridges, you used C4 on them..

Eric is working on the event just as you are. different times and dates. toss in Ariel and we have more for the 50th. nobody has any real idea what they have in store. They did say a party will be held. when, who, how is anyone's guess. it will probably be in November. a member stopped in Ariel  not long ago. I'll ask him to get in touch with them again..

I will find the rest out tomorrow. I don't a thing to be worried about. 

Okay, it was a complete coincidence that Eric dropped sixty videos from YouTube the day after I messaged him with a courtesy note telling him AB planned to review all of the videos at once. I will accept that. The probable reason was the TV production company asking him to do it, as you say. And I can see that as a reason. I did not know that. No one said anything about it here at DZ, and Eric never said to me that was the reason. And believe it not...I was not going to your forum that much, and haven't been there much for a while now. Maybe once or twice a month using VPN. I dropped my VPN a while back. I have a lot of other things going, like answering email requests for the June event, planning and making gear lists, doing virtual meetings with a few nice folks, stuff like that. It is no big deal to me what you guys discuss there. Not anymore. 

As far as burning bridges, I have no opinion on whether anyone at the Cooper Forum wants to participate in the June festival. That is strictly up to your members on an individual basis, and their decision entirely. Either they will, or they won't. I don't lose sleep over it. They are welcome to do so, and will be happily accepted. The only thing required is they have to apply officially like everyone else has. No one will be turned away. No one will be excluded if they are serious. But in the end, it is their choice. 

We already have three good presentations scheduled, and a possible fourth. I'm sure others will come in over the next few months. One thing I discovered was that Cooper forum members aren't the ONLY people in the Northwest interested in the Cooper case, or have theories on it. Speaking and/or remote video submissions will undoubtably be full no later than April. 

If Ariel has a party, I'm happy for that. Something should happen down there this November, yes. I am in full agreement. I don't see it as competition or anything. That would be in November, and our event is scheduled for June so there is no conflict. If both events were on the same weekend...well, that would be different, although if they were on the same weekend I don't think it would matter one way or another. (80-85% of the people who went to the Ariel parties were locals from Ariel, Amboy, Woodland, Portland, Vancouver, etc. Most of the people signed for the festival are from farther north, or the Puget Sound area, with a few out-of-area folks.)

I can't attend any Ariel event this year, especially if the Covid threat is mostly gone. I had to skip last year's (November 2020) visit to San Diego because of Covid and certain family expects us to show up for sure THIS year if possible. So I will probably be in San Diego this Thanksgiving. And even if I wasn't going to San Diego, I wouldn't attend anyway. Hey...I did three Ariel parties and that was enough. But I do hope they succeed. I'm sure they will, too. The locals love that party. But for me it meant driving 130 miles each way, and having to drive home at midnight or later. After the third time, I figured that was enough. It was just too much for me.

EDIT: It's kind of funny, but unlike the locals, I couldn't even have much fun or take a couple of belts like everyone else. I had to consider getting pulled over for DUI on that long drive home. So I had to remain stone cold sober while everyone was partying their asses off and mostly living a few miles away. ^b^ Tell you the truth, this is the reason we decided to run the June event from Friday morning through Sunday morning...so no one would have to do that. 

One last thing: Should solid details on re-opening the Cooper Day Party at Ariel be released, I will be more than happy to do an article about it both at WordPress and another one at Cooper Quora...urging people to attend. If these details are released by the date of the June festival, we will also make an announcement about it over the weekend to the crowd. As far as Cooper goes, the more coverage he gets, the more people are interested in him, or newly introduced to him...the better it is for everyone involved in the case itself. I mean it is one thing to discuss the case among a few select people, and entirely another to draw the attention of the public. They are the ones who watch the TV shows, and buy the books. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Re-worded to explain AB's position better on festival attendance or participation

(edited)
1 hour ago, Andrade1812 said:

Fly,

how good is your word search on the FBI files, do those newspaper articles register as searchable?

I can answer some of this for you. You can copy/paste the entire file into a Word doc, save it, and do word search that way. Just start from the beginning of the document, select Search Word from the MS Word menu, and then hit NEXT. It will stop at every instance of that particular word or phrase in the document so you can examine it for relevancy. 

That's how I would do it, anyway...no...I haven't tried it yet. If that doesn't work maybe Adobe Acrobat might. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins