19 19
quade

DB Cooper

2 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Seems like a good suspect given that he worked for TWA and was possibly a pilot.  But does it match with Gunther's character at all? LeClair worked in industrial chemicals and the only aviation experience he had was as a paratrooper and I guess as a hijacker.

The fact this suspect was referred by the LA division is really the only connection. I'm interested in him only because he *might* be connected to Elsinore.

1 hour ago, Andrade1812 said:

The fact this suspect was referred by the LA division is really the only connection. I'm interested in him only because he *might* be connected to Elsinore.

The connection being that the LA office was interested in him, and they had jurisdiction over Elsinore? Do you think the FBI will ever release the jump cards from Elsinore?

20 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

The connection being that the LA office was interested in him, and they had jurisdiction over Elsinore? Do you think the FBI will ever release the jump cards from Elsinore?

LA did the Elsinore investigation...

As for those jump cards... Not for a long time... In fact, it might take another FOIA request to get unredacted files...

7 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Seems like a good suspect given that he worked for TWA and was possibly a pilot.  But does it match with Gunther's character at all? LeClair worked in industrial chemicals and the only aviation experience he had was as a paratrooper and I guess as a hijacker.

The Gunther story is pretty far fetched in the first place, and could have originated simply as a series of crank phone calls/letters from a guy who was pretty familiar, and kept up with, DB Cooper in the press and media. And at some point a woman was allegedly involved in these contacts. LeClair has not been established as even a real person. In other words, people like McCoy, KC, and others are known to be REAL people. Before you can establish any suspect as valid...you must at least prove they exist, or HAVE existed. In 'LeClair's' case, this cannot be established as fact. The whole Gunther story is sort of strange. Some alleged contacts in 1972, then more years later. I never gave much credence to it. Before you can start rolling up a background history on someone, you have to establish they are real. 

Otherwise, you might as well run the past history of Jack Sparrow, and add him to the historical list of pirates like Blackbeard and others...people who were actually a part of historical record. That would be pretty silly, of course. 

An important thing to remember is that Gunther, had he chose, could have written up, and set up EVERYTHING that appears in his book. There is not a single other confirmed witness to anything in his book, as far as I know. One person could have done it all (research, alleged contacts, alleged story) if they were smart enough and dedicated enough. 

EDIT: One thing I noticed about the FBI files is that they start out with 'Part 1 of 53' and go on like that for a while. But later, they switch to 'Part X of FIFTY-TWO' parts. Apparently they condensed some files along the way and ended up with only fifty-two sets of files. In any case, it looks as if there won't be any further releases. 'Part 52 of 52' indicates that Part 52 is the final set of files the FBI plans to release. 

REALLY? 

I will call into question that according to the dates on the files, that there ARE no files (allegedly) by the FBI past 2008 or so. The case wasn't closed until July 2016. So where are the rest of approximately eight years of further investigation? Or do you believe that around the time the Amboy chute was discovered, they suddenly stopped accepting, investigating, or storing additional files on the case? There was a literal FLOOD of new imput to the FBI after Larry Carr came forward. 

Common sense tells me the FBI did make progress after 2008....they just don't want to tell you anything about that. This conclusion is yes...common sense...since they undoubtedly received a boatload of tips and submissions after Larry Carr went public asking for assistance in solving the hijacking. What files? The work with the Citizen Sleuths, submissions of suspects, Marla perhaps, even the KC report. It's a damn big list.  

So where in the hell are eight years of files from the approximately eight further years the case was active? I'm surprised none of you have asked this question yet. It was one of my first thoughts. These 'non-existent' files could hold the key to the whole shebang. The FBI is holding things back, and is obviously continuing to do so. Any additional FOIA request should include a date AFTER the most recent date on the last file in Part 52....and go right up to the day before the FBI announced the Cooper case was closed.  Special Agent in Charge Frank Montoya told reporters it was HIS decision to close the case, something I find extremely hard to believe. My guess is that the decision to close actually came from FBI HQ, not a single FBI agent. Why Montoya would possibly be told to say HE made the final decision is hard to fathom. 

Unless...you believe the FBI is still withholding information, which I believe they are. Eight additional years of investigation on Cooper...and NOTHING is available on that? I didn't just drop off the apple cart last Tuesday. ^_^

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Gunther was quite the time traveler then, using the results from Tom Kaye's analysis on the tie to come up with a Cooper who worked in industrial chemicals.

'Worked in industrial chemicals' is a pretty broad category. And the Cooper tie has no chain of evidence attached to it yet. No one knows if Cooper borrowed it for the job, picked it up at a garage sale or a Goodwill, or anything. So far, the only person to put any ID on the tie at all (without knowing what it represented) was Dawn Androsko of Fox Island, WA. She ID'd the clip itself as one she was positive was worn at different times by KC. Not that this makes her testimony as fact, but at that point all she knew was that I was interviewing her for a biographical book on someone she knew. She didn't recognize the tie, though. 

You can try to link Cooper to the tie from the analysis, sure. But the problem is you can't establish that Cooper was the original owner of tie. I always thought it strange that Cooper was smart enough to avoid questions about his background, and to rid himself of some of the evidence, but didn't seem to give a darn about the tie itself, although if I were him, I would have removed the clip. Maybe it was his only mistake. 

Personally, I think there are only two possibilities with the Gunther book. Either he made the whole thing up, or he had his leg pulled by someone else. Maybe a combination of both. I have glanced at the book a long time ago, but I haven't read it. Does he provide the actual hard copies of the letters he allegedly received from Cooper?

And I would still like to know why the FBI seems to believe that Part 52 is going to be the last part released...when the investigation went on for approximately another eight years, and was fairly active during this time...with submissions...TV shows...proposed suspects, etc. 

Someone has to ask the hard questions. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

28 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

Fly, I scanned through the latest batch super fast and saw one document related to Elsinore, can you do your magic and find any others?

“Elsinore"

file 17 p 282, 283, 295, 286, 288, 299, 300, 301, 303, 304, 306, 315

file 19 p 79, 80

file 20 p 213

file 30 p 231

file 33 p 10, 304, 305, 308, 309

file 34 p 228, 290

file 40 p 416

file 48 p 69

file 51 p 245, 246, 249

file 52 p 34. 37

I don't know...I'm starting to wonder just how MANY files the FBI has on Cooper. I guess they just add a number to the list when they release another set of files. 

The last one mostly deals with stuff up until around 1977. Maybe they'll get around to the newer stuff in twenty years or so. 

The only really interesting thing I saw was someone found a pair of pants hung up in a tree and thought they might be Cooper's. I've also had visions of a small group of agents spending their days going through newspapers and cutting out clippings. Most of the time when I open the newest file, it seems like I'm reading one of those bait articles from an online news site. 

You know the ones. They bait you with a big revelation at the end of the article...and you have to wade through thirty or forty different pages to actually REACH the end of the article. I don't know about you, but I'd like to see files dated 2007 or newer. 

Someday.

EDIT: After a long discussion with Greg the Techie Guy today, he wanted to make changes to the Cooper Party page. So I did, and extensively. He suggested we consider a spot OTHER than the Olympics this time, and move the party closer to actual Cooper Country. He also wants us to make accommodation for anyone with special needs. I agree. We're working on that now. The page itself at AB has undergone some changes as a result. We are seeing about 3-4 emails a day from the Contact Form and the occasional message straight to the main email. It's obvious to us there is interest. Greg might be right. We should move the whole thing south of Seattle. 'We're working on it' as they say. I kind of knew once we established that page, it would be a fluid situation. Let's face it...none of us has ever tried to do something Cooper-related so extensive before. The 2016 Ariel party we helped host was way easier. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

13 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

'Worked in industrial chemicals' is a pretty broad category. And the Cooper tie has no chain of evidence attached to it yet. No one knows if Cooper borrowed it for the job, picked it up at a garage sale or a Goodwill, or anything. So far, the only person to put any ID on the tie at all (without knowing what it represented) was Dawn Androsko of Fox Island, WA. She ID'd the clip itself as one she was positive was worn at different times by KC. Not that this makes her testimony as fact, but at that point all she knew was that I was interviewing her for a biographical book on someone she knew. She didn't recognize the tie, though. 

You can try to link Cooper to the tie from the analysis, sure. But the problem is you can't establish that Cooper was the original owner of tie. I always thought it strange that Cooper was smart enough to avoid questions about his background, and to rid himself of some of the evidence, but didn't seem to give a darn about the tie itself, although if I were him, I would have removed the clip. Maybe it was his only mistake. 

Personally, I think there are only two possibilities with the Gunther book. Either he made the whole thing up, or he had his leg pulled by someone else. Maybe a combination of both. I have glanced at the book a long time ago, but I haven't read it. Does he provide the actual hard copies of the letters he allegedly received from Cooper?

And I would still like to know why the FBI seems to believe that Part 52 is going to be the last part released...when the investigation went on for approximately another eight years, and was fairly active during this time...with submissions...TV shows...proposed suspects, etc. 

Someone has to ask the hard questions. 

Robert. Have you actually read the book yet?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Gunther was quite the time traveler then, using the results from Tom Kaye's analysis on the tie to come up with a Cooper who worked in industrial chemicals.

Having read your book I bought a copy of the Gunther book - both great reads. I must re-read yours to check but was wondering if anyone has any support to indicate that Gunther's book was not just a work of fiction?

He refers to placing an add in a newspaper in around 1972 - is there a way to check that the ad was made as stated? He also references other people getting letters from 'DB Cooper', and the letter being passed to the FBI. Are these statement verifiable?

58 minutes ago, Jay Ritchie said:

Having read your book I bought a copy of the Gunther book - both great reads. I must re-read yours to check but was wondering if anyone has any support to indicate that Gunther's book was not just a work of fiction?

He refers to placing an add in a newspaper in around 1972 - is there a way to check that the ad was made as stated? He also references other people getting letters from 'DB Cooper', and the letter being passed to the FBI. Are these statement verifiable?

The ad was definitely placed in the Village Voice Newspaper. I have a copy of the microfiche.  He supposedly wrote letters to at least two other people, those have not been verified, although some have tried.  Ralph Himmelsbach definitely knows who Gunther was, and commented on him just before his death a few months ago.

• Like 1

I flat out don't believe Gunther's story, or else he was hoodwinked by someone and saw the opportunity to write a book about the whole thing and present it as truth. Himmelsbach has pointed out that some of the hijacking details presented by the so-called Cooper don't match the historical facts. 

Similar books have been done. And the most famous one was done by Clifford Irving, a guy who was caught at it but had a career similar to Max Gunther's. In other words, despite one possibly phony book, he had an otherwise pretty successful career...both before and after the hoax.  Once he got out of jail, he resumed his writing career and hardly missed a beat. 

If Gunther's book is a hoax, the reason he didn't get caught was because Cooper is not Howard Hughes, a real person who came forward and called the 'Autobiography of Howard Hughes' a phony. In Gunther's case, there was almost no chance he could be caught at it.

Irving, on the other hand, was betting that Hughes, since he had been completely reclusive for years, would not come forward, yet surprisingly, Hughes did. 

If you are asking me what the most likely explanation is for Gunther's book...a deliberate phony or a guy who was fooled...I think he was fooled. In Clifford Irving's case, he went for the Big Banana and got a $765,000 advance from the publisher. I don't think Gunther got an advance, or if he did, it probably wasn't much. And the book has never been a world-beater in sales. This leans more toward the idea that Gunther was simply fooled by some phone calls, etc and did not deliberately set out to hoodwink the public. He may have known his book was a load of horseshit, but it wasn't really HIS horseshit. It was someone ELSE'S horseshit. In other words, he went along because it was an interesting story. 

I go against the grain on damn near everything in the Cooper case, don't I? B) I don't follow the tide, the flow of the river, and don't try to 'go along to GET along'. The truth is, I don't give a shit enough to do that. Some folks might call it selling out, and I'm far and away from a sellout. Someone has to be the bad guy, the outcast, and I fit that role just fine. :thumbup: It's more interesting anyway. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

It would be interesting if Gunther was hoodwinked by someone who knew about the FBI investigation of a Cooper lookalike at Elsinore in Aug of 1971, considering no one in the Cooper world knew about that investigation until the FOIA documents started being released.

And there's still the time traveling Tom Kaye results to account for as well.

But I get it, there is a financial consideration here, as we both have books out there and being real investigators (i.e. open minded) of the case could endanger that income.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

It would be interesting if Gunther was hoodwinked by someone who knew about the FBI investigation of a Cooper lookalike at Elsinore in Aug of 1971, considering no one in the Cooper world knew about that investigation until the FOIA documents started being released.

And there's still the time traveling Tom Kaye results to account for as well.

But I get it, there is a financial consideration here, as we both have books out there and being real investigators (i.e. open minded) of the case could endanger that income.

Money? You think I see Gunther's book as a 'danger' to my income? That's almost funny. I turned down $2,500 from History Channel for my appearance on Decoded, another $1,000 for the Bethy Rossos DB Cooper episode from Adrenaline Hunter, a $25,000 offer for all rights to the movie version from Paradigm in New York, and just dumped another production company that was sending me a few grand a year because their script was shit. They had promised they were hiring a known screenwriter and that turned out to be untrue. You MUST be kidding. I'm not here for money, I can assure you. 

The only thing I've ever been interested in regarding Cooper is the truth.  And Greg, Gayla, and I wouldn't be blowing a few thousand bucks to toss the Cooper Party next year if we were looking to make or save a buckB) It's a give-back, a thank you to Cooper fans. Nothing I have ever done or said or agreed with (or not) has ever affected our book sales. With small up or down-ticks here and there, (usually after Cooper TV programs) the book has always sold roughly the same number of copies each month for the last ten years. I also avoid making negative reviews about other Cooper books. I don't review them at all...and unlike some other Cooper authors...I don't recruit my friends to give glowing reviews. Those are called 'shills' and are worthless. 

Nah....money isn't the main thing with me in life, although people do have to eat and pay bills. If it were, I would register as GOP. That's a joke. 

My criteria for judging Cooper evidence and material, whether it be a book, an article, or a TV show, is the content of that material. I just don't believe the real Cooper started calling up Gunther to give him his story. Mainly because it's unlikely he would do that, and because the facts presented by this faux Cooper don't match the historical record for the most part. The Elsinore connection...well, I don't know about all that. Maybe. 

And I try to give people their due. For example, I have said that BRUCE'S book was actually the best all-around book on the case as a whole. He does go off on some weird tangents further on, i.e. remote viewing, believing in Ramtha and all that...but it still remains the best coverage of the case in total. After all that has gone on between Bruce and I, that might surprise you, but that's how I feel about it. 

UPDATE: We now have 26 people on the Cooper Party email list who have said they are definitely committed to the event, some others who are a 'maybe,' and I'm going to approach Bradley Cooper to speak. (One other person is committed to speaking, and one other is still a maybe.) Mainly because it is still undecided on the location, (a few spots are being kicked around as possibles) and Bradley lives less than an hour from where we would be if we hold this event in the Olympics. All of this is very encouraging, considering the whole thing is still six months out. I emailed Doug Kenck-Crispin at Oregon KickAss History today and sent him to the AB party page and asked him for his opinion on what's planned. Maybe he will have some ideas if we decided to hold the event closer to actual Cooper Country, i.e. Ariel or the surrounding area. We figure it's either going to be there, or our original idea of doing it on the Hood Canal side of the Olympics. I dunno. It's a work in progress guys. When we sponsored the smaller, previous Cooper campouts, they were all done in the Olympics except the one down by Mt. Hood...and LOL that was a crash and burn all the way. No one wanted to drive all the way to Oregon and then forty miles SE of Portland. We got less than ten people. 9_9 The other events got at least decent attendance, although we didn't have some of the amenities we have now. 

Bruce Smith never answered my invite, but if he changes his mind, he has a lot of time to do so. I doubt he will, but you have to be fair about these things. I have a press release ready to go (it's going out late May) with a few blank spots in it we can fill in at the proper time. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Then the question becomes, what work are you doing on the case? It's apparent that you haven't even looked at the FBI documents released regarding KenC, let alone any of the other releases. 

Oh, I looked at the four pages on KC. Yes, yes...Lyle was writing letters to the FBI. They finally met him at a city park in Morris. Nothing ever came of it and no official investigation was done. Later, Lyle contacted Skipp Porteous, then Skipp contacted Geoff Gray and Lyle...or the other way around...I would have to look at the Gray article again from 2007. etc etc

I have read SOME of the FBI files being released. But many are redundant, contain little new information, or are redacted/blacked out to beat hell. Everybody and his brother sending in suspects to the FBI, no matter how remote the possibility that their co-worker, brother, sister, uncle, was Cooper. I find a lot of it downright boring, to be honest about it. 

You are right. I am no longer doing 'active' work on the Cooper case. I figure that after 16 months of doing interviews around the Great Northwest, a book, TV and radio shows, a 60-page report with pictures, names, email addresses, and hard text to the Seattle FBI...tossing several public events on Cooper with one last biggie coming up...I've done my part for sure. 

There are a few things I haven't released as far as KC goes, but that's about the end of it. After reviewing literally thousands of (mostly boring) pages from the FBI, I don't think anyone's going to find the answers they seek in those files...unless...

The FBI gets around to releasing the more CURRENT files...like the ones dated 2007-2016. There could be some interesting things in them. That's about the point the FBI re-opened the case via Larry Carr for real. So far, looks like there's nothing newer than sixteen years ago. 

Admit it. If you could have requested such a thing and the FBI would have done it for you guys...wouldn't you have liked them to upload the NEWEST files FIRST...and just work their way back to the beginning? I sure would have liked that approach better. If there ARE any 'big revelations' in the total files, it's likely they would be the newest ones. You guys like to write off the report we sent to them. I would like to see what they said ABOUT it. Even if KC wasn't Cooper, it would be good to see the final few files giving a reason why they decided to close the case. 

And we can't even be sure they CLOSED the case. You can never figure out the Seattle FBI. Montoya comes to the media and says HE made the decision to close. But that's not really his job. When there is a renewable arrest warrant for Cooper out there, someone further up the food chain has to make the call to dismiss further investigation. Like a Fed prosecutor, or someone at the DC headquarters. And believe it or not...the Seattle FBI still has a case agent for Cooper. I know, because I asked them two years after the closure date, and they admitted it to me. But now they don't give out his or her name. 

Go figure. I guess my main hope is that they will eventually release everything right up to the point they announced the closure in 2016. I dunno...maybe it IS better they saved the possibly juicy stuff for last. Not that it will magically point to KC as the reason the case was closed, but because it will undoubtedly make good reading. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Oh, brother....have seen some comments saying I was upset because I was banned from the Cooper Forum years ago. And another saying I hang out at Dropzone just to get views, attention, or to sell books. 

Really? You have got to be kidding. ^_^ Click on picture to view full size. And then consider you might want to come on board, after all. At least you would reach our current 2,000 followers there. Stats for each entry are not shown on the page itself, but appear in your personal profile when you post a contribution.  And if your entry gets shared by others, or by Quora staff, you wouldn't believe how many people you reach in a real short time. Not to brag, but we reach more people on a monthly basis with Cooper stuff than Shutter does, even in his wildest SEO dreams. This has nothing to do with Shutter's skills or intentions or hopes for his site. He does make contributions to the case. It's just the way things work at Quora is all. A single website cannot compete. And yes, you can promo your book, forward a suspect, or do a general article, as long as it is done tastefully. Easy instructions on how to join are on the right side of the page at the link provided above. The only things we don't allow are comments that contain personal attacks, or content that has little or nothing to do with Cooper, or hijackings in general. 

QuoraNov26-Dec3.jpg.d3caee5170e4f9b124af4bf3f5b9a7de.jpg

EDIT: I wanted to mention that the stats for this month are pretty typical for 2020. Sometimes they are more, but not generally less. 2020 is the year we finally got over the top at Quora Cooper, and the Quora site in general. At 60K views a week, that adds up to 3 million in 50 weeks. Maybe some folks should quit gulping the Kool Aid handed out about us in those big pitchers, and consider we might be on the right track. ^_^ What's the point of posting up your views, articles, or other info on the case if only the same few people see it? I figured this out a while ago. On Greg the Techie Guy's suggestion, I finally created an account at Instagram but I haven't posted anything to it yet. Saving that for later. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 11/26/2008 at 5:40 PM, Ckret said:

None of the prints lifted in the original sweep of the plane were of value. When it was discovered that none of the lifts could be used, agents were asked to go back on the plane and try again. The prints recovered that are of value came from a magazine found in the row of seats Cooper was sitting.

Fast forward to 37 years; I cannot find any reference to Cooper reading a magazine. Agents did the best they could with what they had at the time. Whether that effort recovered Cooper’s prints I don’t know, but (Buzzard) if you send me the originals instead of copies I’ll run the comparisons.

As far as “buddies” go on this thread, I can tell you this, no one gives me passage here. I think it may have more to do with you having just joined the conversation in October, having 6 post and taking me to task without provocation. But then again I suspect we go back a ways, don’t we.

Regardless, apology accepted; you seem to have much to say, I look forward to your contribution.

PS Orlando

CKRET aka FBI agent Carr..

"None of the prints lifted in the original sweep of the plane were of value. When it was discovered that none of the lifts could be used, agents were asked to go back on the plane and try again. The prints recovered that are of value came from a magazine found in the row of seats Cooper was sitting."

"I cannot find any reference to Cooper reading a magazine."

"According to Ann Dietrich of the FBI’s Seattle field office, the FBIis testing a partial fingerprint against one from the in-flight magazine agents found in front of Cooper’s seat. I’ve seen this magazine in the files, and there were partial prints located all over it — presumably from different passengers. The flight made four stops that day, before picking Cooper up in Portland. So how does the Bureau know which partial print is Cooper’s?"

The prints were sketchy.. The FBI does not know if they were Cooper's.

Here they describe finding part of magazine.. and getting prints..

Is this (part) another magazine? Not the in-flight one from the seat back.

partsofmagazine.jpeg.e349ac2d6d84da48f2d12313345d704d.jpeg

Meh. 

Even if the FBI had a good print or two from Cooper, it wouldn't do them much good today. The FBI keeps removing print records from their master files. Cooper would have to have a criminal record, and if he had, he probably would have been discovered already anyway. If Cooper was military, there would be a chance for a match there, since those guys don't throw away anything. They have records going back to the 19th century...but then they also had that massive fire at the Military Records Center in St Louis. 

Today in 2020 the chances of ID'ing Cooper through a print record are now slim to none. In other words, anyone's best chance to finally identify Cooper, or figure out something the FBI may have missed, will most likely come when they start releasing the most recent records on the case, i.e. 2007-2016. It's really the last hope, unless someone out in the public finally comes forward with irrefutable evidence on a suspect. (And doesn't try making Flight 305 go east for a hundred miles before turning south LOL.) 

I also see on that record FJ posted...that again...the witnesses were in dispute on the sketch.

I blame the Seattle FBI for their inability to either catch Cooper on the ground in Seattle, or to identify him somehow. No one was thinking very clearly that evening. Here are a few examples:

1) Someone should have told Alice Hancock to ask among the First Class passengers if anyone had a camera. If so, she could have parted the curtain maybe an inch or two and snapped shots of the rear cabin at moments when Cooper was not looking AT the forward area. She might have gotten a decent picture of him and we wouldn't even be here with this sketch stuff today. No one thought of it, and it's a sure bet SOMEONE up forward had a camera. Just turn off the flash, or remove it. 

2) There was a short window of about a minute or two while the passengers were being unloaded and none of the stews were actually WITH Cooper. According to Geoff Gray, stew Tina Mucklow was actually wishing them Happy Thanksgiving as they all deplaned. The Seattle FBI should have forced the flight crew in the cabin to abandon the aircraft using the rope ladder. (They could even have ditched their coats and shirts down to their t-shirts and sneaked off with the passengers.) Since the other two stews were allowed to get off, Tina could have rushed down the stairs with the other passengers, leaving the aircraft empty. The FBI would then have shot out the tires and waited for Cooper to give himself up. 

3) They could have placed tracking devices inside the parachutes. Didn't do that either. 

4) They could have given Cooper the money in a regular backpack as he wanted, and hidden a tracking device in that as well. 

5) They could have sneaked an FBI agent, or some other LEO person on board with his own chute, while the passengers were getting off. This LEO's job would be to stay hidden up forward with the flight crew and jump immediately after Cooper did. It would take someone pretty brave to do that, but it was a possibility. Meanwhile, this LEO could have cracked the First Class curtain just a hair and kept an eye on Cooper. Even if he doesn't jump, they could have narrowed down the drop zone a lot better. It's even possible he would know when Cooper was starting to go down the stairs, and just rush back there and help him off with a bullet to the chest. 

The truth is, no one was really on the ball that night, and they DID have time to prepare. 

ON ANOTHER SUBJECT:  Shutter asks, "Why should I promote any event Robert is working on?" (paraphrased, he means the Cooper Party next year.) "All he does is post negative stuff about people at DZ anyway." (also paraphrased)

Robert says:  You SHOULDN'T promote anything we do. Unlike Dropzone, no one would be able to see the link to the party page anyway from your site unless they are a registered member. The public is not allowed to see links or most pictures at your site. So the point is moot. We don't need you to advertise for us. But thanks for thinking about it, even if it was a negative. B) Being promoted at your place is like getting your morning paper with nothing but a bunch of blank pages on it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins