19 19
quade

DB Cooper

One of the frustrations in responding to you is so many things you say are easily refutable.  If you look at the scene with Tina in the history channel, they DID show her other suspects.  You can easily pick out a photo of LD Cooper.  Can't identify the other photos, but it's pretty clear it wasn't just Rackstraw she saw photos of.

37 minutes ago, MarkBennett said:

One of the frustrations in responding to you is so many things you say are easily refutable.  If you look at the scene with Tina in the history channel, they DID show her other suspects.  You can easily pick out a photo of LD Cooper.  Can't identify the other photos, but it's pretty clear it wasn't just Rackstraw she saw photos of.

I think they felt safe showing her LD. That story was pretty far fetched, and his picture didn't appear in national news articles as a possible suspect too much. Mainly because there were only a couple of small photos of him available. They skipped ALL the well-known suspects. The historical ones that have been around for a while. (McCoy and the Usual Suspects over at DB Cooper Wikipedia is a good example.) This was done purposely, plus they (like all the other documentaries) skipped the Big Question for Mucklow. And Bill Mitchell. 

They HAD to do it this way, Mark. Colbert's book was scheduled for release the next day at Amazon. Everyone knows that. What if they ask Mucklow the Big Question and she names someone OTHER than Rackstraw? Colbert would look like a fool for not holding off on finalizing his book before the show aired. They bet the farm on Mucklow. They lost. Colbert DID end up looking like a fool and everyone on the team ditched him. Billy Jensen was aware that we had been asked to submit everything but the kitchen sink about KC, yet he is barely mentioned on the show. LOL I bet when they saw what we sent to them, they started getting worried. Mucklow cannot be allowed to see HIM, or McCoy, or any other of the major suspects. "We can't take a chance on that...my book is hitting Amazon tomorrow..."  The whole production was a sad joke, and reminded me of the 'We're Opening Al Capone's Vault' thing that embarrassed Geraldo Rivera and damn near ruined his career. And look where Rivera is now, even thirty years later. He works for Faux News. 

And personally...I didn't like the part at the end where they insinuated that Mucklow was old, and possibly senile. Seeing her on the show premiering tomorrow, she looked fine to me. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Bruce puts up a partial list of what's been spent by different people investigating the hijacking, or hosting events on it:

1. Tom Colbert:   $250,000
2. Galen Cook:       50,000
3. Richard Tosaw:   50,000
4. Me: (Bruce)            2,000

And who knows how much Tom Kaye has invested. Remember, besides lab fees and equipment, he paid for all the motel rooms when the Citizen Sleuths went to the Columbia River back when.

Or Eric? Or 377? They even funded all the Cooper Cons. Geoffrey Gray? I asked him how he could afford to interview all the folks in SKYJACK, and he simply said I put it all on plastic, which may be one reason GG is in Mexico these days...

Then add in the BBC, the History Channel, Nat Geo, Josh Gates, etc.

Geoff Gray was probably working out of the money he got as an advance from Crown Books, based on future sales. He also was paid for the movie rights to Skyjack, although they didn't end up making the movie. Since his book was on the New York Times bestseller list, even if only for a short time, I would guess he received maybe $50,000 initially, perhaps a lot more, and then a share of the box if the movie is made. If they don't make the movie, the author still gets to keep the initial option payment. Last time I heard the film rights were still held by director Will Gluck's ('Friends With Benefits') production company. If so, then Gray would get a yearly payment to continue the option. If not, the rights have reverted back to Gray. You would have to ask him on this one. 

AB of Seattle spent approximately $13,000 in direct costs, and extra expenses incurred when I stopped accepting outside book edit/book packaging jobs for over a year, in order to do our initial investigation. We nearly went bankrupt, but made a comeback with our most popular book, Pilot Down, Presumed Dead - Special Illustrated Edition. (Blast is our SECOND largest seller.) Acquiring the rights to Pilot Down was the smartest move I ever made. I'm finishing up a script based on this book, and I plan to shop it around after we move to SoCal. 

Eric has spent a few thousand bucks hosting those two Cooper Cons, I'm sure. 

377 probably doesn't worry where his next meal is coming from. In my opinion, he is the most level-headed, and most generous people in the Cooperland community. I have met him. 

Nat Geo: They have big budgets there. Probably spent a lot. 

Josh Gates:  He's the host. The production company(s) pay the bills. 

Our budget for next year's Cooper Party is about $5,000. It would be higher, but I collected much of the gear we will be using a bit at a time, mostly from Amazon, over the last two years. And most of the money came from option payments when we were signed for the Cooper movie. 

As far as I can tell, the only two people who actually made decent profits from their work on the Cooper case were Geoff Gray, and as a distant second, myself. We earned back all the money we spent in less than five years, and then collected several generous checks for the movie option over a 3 1/2 year period before I refused to sign a further extension. The book itself continues to sell on a steady basis worldwide at the trade rate. Not earth shattering numbers, but steady enough. Since we release at the trade rate through Ingram/Lightning Source, very few sales actually come from Amazon, but from Lightning Source, because they have print/distribution centers all over the world, and wholesalers order from the nearest print base. 

UPDATE: I'm meeting with Greg the Techie Guy again pretty soon. I'm going to talk him into boosting the values on the prizes for the DB Cooper Character Lookalike Contest at the party next June. (Covid allowing) I say we go big or go home. I think by doing this we will not only attract more people, but many of them will be new fans of the Cooper case. I'm preparing a video to be shown at the party that gives the history of the case, because I think some of the people who show up won't know any more about Cooper than they read at Wikipedia. You would be surprised at how many Northwest residents under the age of 35 haven't even heard of him. Prior to Covid, I ran into them occasionally. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Now we're getting into guesswork and mind-reading here. The official FBI line for years was red sticks, wires, and a battery. Later, we find out the sticks themselves weren't necessarily red on their own, but were wrapped in 'red plastic' or red electrical tape. REAL dynamite is usually a tan color, not red. If you aren't using REAL dynamite, then you are using something else to pass off convincingly as REAL dynamite. Road flares won't work and they are too long unless you cut them in half. Coin rolls, like road flares, have printing on them. 

If you want me to guess why red tape was probably used to cover the sticks, I would say dramatic effect, and that the sticks were NOT actual dynamite. Real dynamite only has a shelf life of about a year, because nitroglycerin either starts forming on the outside of it in crystal form, or in liquid pooling in whatever it is stored in. Either situation is extremely dangerous. 

Another consideration, beyond the fact that most dynamite is tan, and not red like the movies (a few exceptions, but it's mostly tan-colored) is because even back in 1971 you had to (generally speaking) present ID and sign for purchases unless you were a known representative from companies that did a lot of business in explosives. Plus, if you make a real bomb, you have to dispose of it, and there's always the danger you will blow yourself up just carrying it around. The bomb, in my humble opinion, was 99% a fake. 

Robert, you are making some huge assumptions here. You assume that both Tina and the hijacker both knew that dynamite was not red. Fact is, that even today if you ask 100 people what color dynamite is, most would say red. I would not, but I used to work with dynamite so I would know that it isn't red. But Tina, could probably be easily fooled with road flares, and probably was. While the things you say here about dynamite may be correct, to assume that anyone on that plane knew these things is a huge leap. My point is, road flares could have easily been used without the need to wrap them from end to end with red electrical tape.

Also, if three road flares (or anything else) were bound together by a single strip of red tape in the middle of them, that could also constitute as "being wrapped in red plastic". I would think that if the sticks were wrapped from end to end with electrical tape, that would be common knowledge.

17 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Red Plastic Tape is mentioned in the files..

But, in 1971 red electrical tape was for pros. Black was the common generic one.

Where would red tape be used?

Red electrical tape signifies ‘low voltage, phase B’

Hahneman was an electrical engineer...

This was my 100% factual comment that Georger took as a threat. He doesn't like facts.  Goerger copied and pasted it and ADDED a bunch of nonsense and LIES.. to discredit those facts.

Shutter took the bait and was trolled by Georger,,

Ironic, as I have warned Shutter about this toxic tactic by Georger to discredit others whenever he feels threatened.

The facts.. slowly for Georger.

According to a witness, Cooper's bomb was wrapped with red plastic electrical tape.

Red electrical tape was rare 50 years ago. The common one was black. 

In the electrical field red electrical tape signifies "low voltage, phase B".

Hahneman was an electrical engineer.

Bonus facts for Georger..

Hahneman worked overseas and was rarely home, when he was was home, according to his family he would take apart the TV and reassemble it.

Hahneman was a manager for IEC in Korea for a few years. They produced electrical components like electron tubes, including CATHODE RAY TUBES.

Hahneman's father has a patent for an explosive device. A rod system to place dynamite in a hole.

If your going to make a bomb or a fake one, your going to use what you have available first. 50 years ago most people would have black electrical tape kicking around or if purchasing it, black would be widely available. The fact that Cooper used red electrical tape instead of black is a legitimate point. 

Georger just lies like he always does, I never said only pros could get red electrical tape. That is nonsense. No wonder, after 10 years he still can't figure out that a packet is 100 bills... Cooper was given packets rubber banded into random sized bundles.

Edited by FLYJACK

"WRAPPED" 

Why do people have so much trouble with facts... it isn't that hard folks..

Based on all information I read "wrapped" in a bundle here as strips around the sticks of "dynamite" NOT each stick was wrapped individually...

"SHE SAID THAT THESE STICKS WERE WRAPPED IN A BUNDLE WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE RED PLASTIC TAPE."

in the video Tina also stated "what looked like dynamite they were strapped together with electricians tape"

This is getting absurd, I posted it here and Georger still can't find it.. what a researcher..

wrappedredtape.jpeg.c7cef274ac02208dc3609008f4cbd9cc.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

On 11/23/2020 at 10:03 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

November 2013: Reporter Clyde Lewis shoots a video at the Ariel Store. One of the things presented was the Cowlitz County Sheriff's original notebook from the day of, and after, the hijacking, which is mostly full of notes on the search for Cooper. I take still shots from the video when the owner of the notebook starts showing pages for Lewis. I see pages like THIS: (added red lines are mine)

image.png.eb24434ce36da0c418c3548f2c25c04d.png

Another reference to red plastic..

Hilarious,, Georger now denies the FBI document and Tina's statement and it's all my fault.

What color was the tape? black is never mentioned anywhere,, red is the only color identified. TWICE

FBI DOC "SHE SAID THAT THESE STICKS WERE WRAPPED IN A BUNDLE WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE RED PLASTIC TAPE."

in the video Tina also stated "what looked like dynamite they were strapped together with electricians tape"

Analogy,, If was green FrogTape, it might be a painter..

Losers.. pack it guys you are writing checks you can't cash..

Edited by FLYJACK

20 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I think they felt safe showing her LD. That story was pretty far fetched, and his picture didn't appear in national news articles as a possible suspect too much. Mainly because there were only a couple of small photos of him available. They skipped ALL the well-known suspects. The historical ones that have been around for a while. (McCoy and the Usual Suspects over at DB Cooper Wikipedia is a good example.) This was done purposely, plus they (like all the other documentaries) skipped the Big Question for Mucklow. And Bill Mitchell. 

They HAD to do it this way, Mark. Colbert's book was scheduled for release the next day at Amazon. Everyone knows that. What if they ask Mucklow the Big Question and she names someone OTHER than Rackstraw? Colbert would look like a fool for not holding off on finalizing his book before the show aired. They bet the farm on Mucklow. They lost. Colbert DID end up looking like a fool and everyone on the team ditched him. Billy Jensen was aware that we had been asked to submit everything but the kitchen sink about KC, yet he is barely mentioned on the show. LOL I bet when they saw what we sent to them, they started getting worried. Mucklow cannot be allowed to see HIM, or McCoy, or any other of the major suspects. "We can't take a chance on that...my book is hitting Amazon tomorrow..."  The whole production was a sad joke, and reminded me of the 'We're Opening Al Capone's Vault' thing that embarrassed Geraldo Rivera and damn near ruined his career. And look where Rivera is now, even thirty years later. He works for Faux News. 

And personally...I didn't like the part at the end where they insinuated that Mucklow was old, and possibly senile. Seeing her on the show premiering tomorrow, she looked fine to me. 

I don't recall anyone insinuating Tina was senile on the History Channel show.  If someone did, her appearance refuted that.  She came off very well.

And, you do know that Colbert's team left no longer believing him ON THE SHOW.   Not later.  The consensus at the end of show of EVERYONE EXCEPT Colbert was that Rackstraw was not Cooper.   The History Channel show did not advocate for Rackstraw -- which is why I express my doubts that you watched it.

4 hours ago, MarkBennett said:

I don't recall anyone insinuating Tina was senile on the History Channel show.  If someone did, her appearance refuted that.  She came off very well.

And, you do know that Colbert's team left no longer believing him ON THE SHOW.   Not later.  The consensus at the end of show of EVERYONE EXCEPT Colbert was that Rackstraw was not Cooper.   The History Channel show did not advocate for Rackstraw -- which is why I express my doubts that you watched it.

Of course I watched it Mark...like everyone else did. It's still on my DVR. I watch all the documentaries, just like all of you guys do. How do you think I took stills from the show? On the six picture collage they showed Tina Mucklow, there was Rackstraw, four unknown people, and yes...there was one of LD Cooper. I missed that because they changed him from color to B/W and only did a head shot. The most common picture of LD has been a whole-body color shot of him holding a belt he made or something. And it hasn't been around the internet much, not say like McCoy, etc. 

The comments about Tina are right at the end of the show. Take a look for yourself. It's not a big deal part of the show, but it ticked me off they would say that about her just to try and cover their asses because she didn't ID Rackstraw. Colbert was absolutely counting on that, and foolishly arranged for release of his book (no I haven't read it) claiming FOR CERTAIN Rackstraw was Cooper...before he even heard from the best witness...one he was absolutely counting on to justify the entire book. Talk about foolish. I've done a lot of dumb things in my life, but I never spent a quarter of a million dollars doing something like that. The only redeeming factor is they put a question mark at the end of the title of the TV show. ^_^

Parrothead Vol says:

'Robert, you are making some huge assumptions here. You assume that both Tina and the hijacker both knew that dynamite was not red. Fact is, that even today if you ask 100 people what color dynamite is, most would say red. I would not, but I used to work with dynamite so I would know that it isn't red. But Tina, could probably be easily fooled with road flares, and probably was. While the things you say here about dynamite may be correct, to assume that anyone on that plane knew these things is a huge leap. My point is, road flares could have easily been used without the need to wrap them from end to end with red electrical tape.

Also, if three road flares (or anything else) were bound together by a single strip of red tape in the middle of them, that could also constitute as "being wrapped in red plastic". I would think that if the sticks were wrapped from end to end with electrical tape, that would be common knowledge...'

Even I didn't know dynamite is usually tan, not red. I looked it up after I saw the statement from Ralph Himmelsbach about it. 

Road flares have printing all over them. The instructions on use. Practically everybody has seen them, and are familiar with their appearance. Most say 'Emergency Road Flare' on them, or the like. They are also longer than the sticks described by Tina, who said they were about six inches long. 

Until the FBI released those files, the idea they were wrapped in red tape was NOT common knowledge. No one knew that, or SAID that....until Bernie Geestman's niece did it first. Followed by the information given by Agent Tom Manning in Longview, as a part of the notes in the Cowlitz County Sheriff's little notebook, the one he started writing on the evening of the hijacking. This is followed by notes recently revealed in the FBI files, as Flyjack just showed everyone. And finally....confirmed by Tina Mucklow on the recent TV show. What do you WANT? Obviously there is some substance to this story. 

Here's the problem:  Many of you over at the Cooper Forum have spent a LOT of time and effort trying to discredit our investigation into Kenny. (Not you specifically, this is a blanket statement as a result of posts and page creations over the years)  'They've' come at me from all sides, both anonymously and otherwise, often on websites where they knew I couldn't respond directly. The anonymous ones, especially until recently, mostly came from Bruce's site...where they come after everyone I know with the filthiest stuff imaginable. Bruce finally put a stop to it when he realized it was making HIM look bad, and that some people posting at his site also pointed this out. As a result, I screen all comments to my WordPress and YouTube videos for outright lies or nasty comments. So now that situation is pretty balanced. I've come to the conclusion there are two REAL reasons why some folks in Cooperland come after me on a personal level, while the general public has been very nice. First...these people in Cooperland have invested thousands of postings attacking, or attempting to discredit everything I presented. Even our public events, which actually benefit them as well by helping keep Cooper in the public eye. They are heavily invested in this effort. Second, that anyone who presents a suspect with any kind of real evidence is seen as a threat to Cooperland. Not just me. ANYONE. This is because if it really were discovered who Cooper was, most discussion on him would end pretty quickly. Plain and simple. 

Now you're faced with the idea that a very ordinary woman has possibly linked Kenny to the bomb, that she gained nothing by doing so, and wasn't looking for notoriety or money. She's a very simple person, with three sons and a daughter, and doesn't even own a computer. She definitely knew Kenny and was able to confirm that easily without even trying. So does her aunt, her uncle, and those peoples' friends, all of whom have spoken up at different times. Director John Dower believed her, but now we discover Dower wasn't interested in WHO Cooper was anyway. 

I have inquired on the cut footage from the show, which frankly was probably the best presentation about a suspect ever done so far. No answer as of yet. Probably long gone. We spent two full days with Dower and were paid a fair amount of money, and revealed to him evidence that STILL hasn't been made public yet. It's funny how things turn out, though. ¬¬

After the shoot, I started worrying that the movie companies would cancel my contract for violating the confidentiality agreement...revealing stuff being saved for the picture...right?

Then I hear it's all been cut anyway...(sigh of relief, now the movie companies won't get pissed off at me)

THEN, I decide to DUMP one of these companies (original one I signed with) because they send me a script so bad as to be ridiculous. Total fiction on the Cooper facts. And tried to tell me how good it was. 

Okay...NOW I can reveal everything we know. Right?

NO> Wait...I can't. Not just yet. After I rid myself of the original film company, I get an agreement with NIck R on the side that HE still wants to do the movie, and both HIS small company, and a larger one are involved....

So...I have to clam up on certain things again for this possible movie. I'm supposed to receive a new option offer around April 2021 or so... :blank: Ain't life weird sometimes in Cooperland? 

Now maybe people will understand why my biggest goal for next year is to ensure the 2021 Cooper Party goes off smoothly (Even if Greg and I have to offer a thousand bucks or more in prizes to convince people it's worth it to show up. We HAVE no shame.) and then move to California. LOL...I have had it for sure. The movie thing will work itself out later, but for now that's my number one priority. The party. The Northwest deserves this, and so do Cooper fans. And we are more than happy to provide. 

That...and getting the vaccine when it finally shows up. Slightly more important. 

I cannot sit here and tell you with 100% certainty that Kenny Christiansen was Cooper, but I will tell you this much. I did the best I could investigating all that with the limited help and resources I had available. And I still remain the only person who took the time to send a comprehensive report on a suspect directly to the Seattle FBI, and released it publicly. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.

Sometimes I don't even give a damn.

Edited by RobertMBlevins
some clarifications/spell check

15 minutes ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Well, that's good. Martin is a nice guy. Should be interesting. Is it true you no longer live in Idaho? Not asking where you went...just if you still live in Idaho. On a couple of the Cooper Campouts we did previously, we played all the episodes available up to that point using a USB flash drive and a big stereo. Other than music, it was the usual daily entertainment. Can't see TV or movie screens in the daytime out there, you know...bright sunlight and all. So we would do audio. I skipped the one where you interviewed me, though. You know how it is. I would get embarrassed having my own voice blasted out to the other campers. So I sort of skipped that episode, but we did the others. I will have to update the flash drive with all your newer episodes for the June event. B) I'm sure people will want to hear them. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Of course red electrical tape was rare in 1971.

Most people used black. It is the goto "insulation" tape for everybody.

Colored electrical tape is actually called "phase" tape..  it signifies a specific voltage and phase.

Red is low voltage, phase B... 

For Cooper to use red tape instead of black is significant.

The FBI files and notes state RED.. in two places. 

Nowhere does it say black tape.

The eight page FBI case summary dated NOV 25 1971 states..

"SHE SAID THAT THESE STICKS WERE WRAPPED IN A BUNDLE WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE RED PLASTIC TAPE."

Quickly scanning that eight page FBI summary there were no errors.

It may have been info the FBI wanted to hold back to ID the real hijacker vs people claiming to be Cooper.

Edited by FLYJACK

Flyjack says in part:

'It may have been info the FBI wanted to hold back to ID the real hijacker vs people claiming to be Cooper...'

I agree. One of the biggest things, IF the FBI were trying to eliminate someone, might be the nature and construction of the bomb, because only Tina Mucklow actually saw it during the hijacking. That is a VERY good point. A few quick questions to a possible confessor would have revealed the truth about that confessor real quick. 

I am completely undecided on whether the bomb was real or not..

The "red" color is irrelevant to rule out dynamite. I know dynamite is usually more of a tan color but I have found lots of red dynamite sticks.. There were many producers around the world.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rcmp-explosives-large-quantity-1.4932651

Here in Canada a box of vintage RED dynamite sticks was found,, CIL 1.25" x 8"..

The writing is not significant and doesn't show if sticks turned the right way. Many sticks show no writing here..

dynamite-sticks-1.jpg.1963357fad407e0a2ad70622a21c2157.jpg

ditching-dynamite.jpg.cfc574b4b56a5a198ecebe84b223e05d.jpg

Dynamite has a shelf life of about a year. After that, you take a chance on the liquid nitro or crystals from it gathering on the sticks. Hope those guys were careful. 

I would like to wish everyone in Cooperland a Happy Thanksgiving, such as it is this year, and if you've survived up to this point, you are better off than many other people. It breaks my heart continuing to see the videos from health care workers crying, or saying they are overworked, or pleading with everyone to wear a mask. Or they can barely go to their jobs each day.

After this pandemic is over, countries should erect monuments to them, name streets and schools after some of them. 

Gayla and I spend Thanksgiving alone this year, but we will think of you, and a few things to be thankful about. Unlike other years, you have to think about WHAT you are thankful for a bit more than other years, before you come to a conclusion. 

There are less choices. But you will come up with something. We did. 

10 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I am completely undecided on whether the bomb was real or not..

The "red" color is irrelevant to rule out dynamite. I know dynamite is usually more of a tan color but I have found lots of red dynamite sticks.. There were many producers around the world.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rcmp-explosives-large-quantity-1.4932651

Here in Canada a box of vintage RED dynamite sticks was found,, CIL 1.25" x 8"..

The writing is not significant and doesn't show if sticks turned the right way. Many sticks show no writing here..

dynamite-sticks-1.jpg.1963357fad407e0a2ad70622a21c2157.jpg

ditching-dynamite.jpg.cfc574b4b56a5a198ecebe84b223e05d.jpg

I found that the CIL Dynamite factory was in Manitoba Canada... near Winnipeg. About 400 miles North of Minneapolis.

They made red dynamite.

The plant closed production Nov 1970,, sold off inventory but continued production at local sites close to mines.

Dynamite was barged on the Red River which does flow S to the US.. (75 miles)

Though not sure if it was only available in Canada or also available in the US.

Not sure of the process to obtain dynamite in 1971 in Canada vs US. Did you need a license or ID??

A bunch of dynamite boxes were auctioned in the US including a CIL Dynamite box..

"Most of these Industrial signs or crates were purchased in Auction lots from Long Closed factories, mills, Etc. from PA and DE area."

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-wood-mining-dynamite-cil-1893932559

Blastol is the ICL trademark for dynamite..

antique-wood-mining-dynamite-cil_1_5959d20e98878a689b589e563e4ddd79.jpg.7307d375edad14f8552363f20b3614d0.jpg

CIL sold ammunition in the US... 1966 ad US Gun publication

cilammunitionsoldus.jpeg.93887567bd3018a4b4286fffd4a42bd5.jpeg

14 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Great interview guys...

I agree with most of it..

6' tall at 170-180 lbs is skinny.. early Cooper FBI release had him from 5' 9"...

I bet Cooper was about 5' 10" not 6'

I disagree vehemently on this though, Hahneman is the best matching Cooper suspect by a long shot,, it isn't even close. He is on another level.

The problem is the info and case for Hahenman being Cooper isn't public.. some info inaccurate.. whereas other's are public and vetted against Cooper.

That creates an informational bias.

I'd challenge any suspect to Hahneman in a "quality" matrix.. it is no contest.

I have run my own "matrix"..

Tina keeping the money she took from Cooper is good theory.. it is not proven.

She located upstream of TBAR 78/79.. matches the money arrival timeframe.

The only money we know of that was out of Cooper's possession was the money Tina took and handled.

There was a brief, oddly worded and timed statement planted in a local Pa newspaper March of 1972 which stated that Tina was offered money but refused.. not exactly accurate. She asked for it and took it.

That statement was placed in the paper a week before a massive military ground search. It may have been placed intentionally to front run the search if Cooper and the money were found with some money missing.

There was no legit reason to release that info publicly, she released no other info and that info was something that the FBI would hold back.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

Well, here come the messages...I knew this would happen. 

Facebook and email: People are asking me why in the hell didn't they put on the KC footage we shot for Dower's movie. I've run up a standard response to handle them all, and explained I was glad he cut us from that film anyway. B)

After I watched this documentary film a second time, I began to understand why it's getting such bad reviews. Not really because they cut the parts on KC, but because you shouldn't expect Brits to know what the hell they are doing trying to do the Cooper story. It's like an American filmmaker trying to do the Great Train Robbery story. Just doesn't come off very well. This situation makes me glad we charged that film company what we did, otherwise it was all a big waste of my time. It's the last time I will ever agree to appear on film for a Cooper production, unless it is one where people I already know and have worked with are involved. Here are a few pictures in case the people messaging me wonder what we DID do with those Brits. Some of them check in regularly at Dropzone. 

BELOW: Cameraman, Director, and Producer. We gave them everything they wanted, and more, but Dower was never looking for the truth on Cooper anyway. He just wanted a story on the Cooper Vortex. He did get that. 

TheInvaders.jpg.61875d3ecf9c73eed8d5988aeec857b7.jpg

BELOW: Crew asked me to make a short line of books I read. So I put up a few. 

BookDisplay.jpg.58c9edf0da237b94f29084b0db1b9cd1.jpg

BELOW:  Office shot with pictures. The yellow envelope on the table is a sealed DNA sample from Lyle Christiansen. It is still in storage, and unopened. 

Jarvis2.jpg.c96ab97d212607cc01a4a37d7429f2eb.jpg

BELOW:  The FBI agent who works in Behavioral Profiling at the Quantico facility for the FBI. He told his friends that the reason they finally dropped the Cooper case was because the FBI knew who Cooper was, that he was dead, and was none other than Kenny Christiansen. The Seattle FBI responded by saying maybe the agent was just giving his opinion, but they didn't dispute he made that statement. Since Jarvis had been with the FBI over fifteen years, was a former field agent who solved a few murders along the way, and was now in a senior position at Quantico, I tended to believe his story. After all, the announcement that the case was being closed was done by the Seattle FBI...but the decision to do so was NOT. It was made by higher-ups at FBI HQ in Washington, DC. Then this decision was transmitted to the Seattle office. Why would Jarvis blow the whistle, you ask? Because the three people he told all this to had security clearances, and worked in a civilian capacity for the US Government. The first one to come forward about Jarvis was Troy Bentz, a civilian engineer for the US Navy. He also provided the identities and histories of his two friends, who were also present at the time. 

JJarvis.jpg.0385c4daa67aa91dbd06591dbb19ad7b.jpg

BELOW: Some props used in filming. They are also used in public displays when I would show up at the Auburn Library to do discussion on the case. The picture on the wall, to the right, is the famous 'Twin Peaks' from the Mars Pathfinder Mission. 

OfficeShoot1.jpg.9d2536db710e1e04b19a6862716c0c27.jpg

BELOW: Cameraman, John Dower, and yours truly at the Kent shoot. 

PostShot1.jpg.9a9c8301e5427481194fc054c9a30bc2.jpg

BELOW: The lady who saw Kenny, or 'KP' as her family calls him, busy making a phony bomb in her uncle's garage. 

SimpleStory2.jpg.82811cf0d011fa5dfeae1e1be60ca7be.jpg

BELOW: Gayla and I show up for the first day of the shoot. Her rig is the black Pathfinder. 

TheGreenBlackRigs.jpg.4dfef2cf4eb9c8e35a2ec8f1199362d9.jpg

The GOOD side is that messages via the Contact Form for the Cooper Party are WAY up. Trust me...our part in that won't be cut. ^_^

I'd challenge any suspect to Hahneman in a "quality" matrix.. it is no contest.

I have run my own "matrix"..

All well and good. But you still haven't a single witness to anything linking Hahneman to the hijacking. Need a few. There are only three forms of basic evidence. Circumstantial, which you DO have now. Witness testimony, which you don't have. Last is physical evidence. Don't have. Need at least two of those three to really go further. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

About Hahneman:  I wanted to do a separate post on him so you don't have to quote over all those pictures and my comments about them. The John Dower picture has nothing to do with this issue. 

I'll admit Hahneman could fit a possible profile of Cooper. There is no getting around this fact. 

The problem is that you don't have, or can't obtain, what are probably large amounts of FBI files on him related to the hijacking for which he was later convicted. The one he certainly DID do...and this hurts your case. For all we know, Hahneman could have been heavily investigated after he was caught, to see if he was Cooper. Why wouldn't they do that? It was nearly a copycat of Cooper's jump and the Cooper case was still red hot in June 1972.

Hahneman was also in Federal prison for approximately 12 years, and that would give the FBI plenty of time to see if he was also Cooper. 

Or...for some reason not known to either you or I...the FBI was able to dismiss him right away as a suspect. Without seeing what the FBI had on Hahneman both before and after his arrest, it is hard to pin the Cooper case on him. 

You have said that perhaps some things were covered up by the FBI, or maybe the State Department. Okay...maybe. 

If so, why would the FBI continue to spend so many resources and manpower to continue chasing Cooper, if they knew Hahneman was Cooper? It is much more likely that somehow they found out he was NOT...and for that reason they kept up investigating the Cooper case. The most likely reason they would conclude he wasn't is if they were able to interview witnesses who place him far from Portland, Oregon on November 24. 1971. Or...that his picture was shown to the witnesses and they dismissed him as Cooper. Hahneman pulled off his little stunt only seven months after the Cooper hijacking. The witnesses' minds would still have been fresh, and people like Flo Schaffner, who was still frightened out of her wits, would have been happy to say Hahneman was Cooper. But nobody ever did as far as we know. 

There is also the matter of the Tina Bar money. Since Hahneman was caught shortly after June 1972, this means the money found at Tina Bar would have to be exposed to the elements for almost ten years, when Tom Kaye and his team estimated the time the bills would have been outside at far less than that time frame. You have countered that with a theory that stewardess Tina Mucklow may have pocketed some of the ransom, and later...in a fit of guilt perhaps...dumped the money at Tina Bar either through an intermediary, or on her own. But Mucklow was known to be heavily religious, even proselytizing her fellow crew members occasionally, and was known to carry a Bible around. She seems an unlikely candidate for dishonesty. Plus, she and her fellow crew must have been aware that once they reached Reno, they would be heavily debriefed by FBI agents. Had they caught her with some of the ransom money, she would have been fired immediately, and then arrested. 

Putting yourself in Mucklow's place, remember something else:  Almost every hijacker who tried it for money was either identified, or later arrested. Mucklow would have to depend on the idea that Cooper would not be caught, otherwise she would have been found out rather quickly. Especially if they had caught Cooper right after he landed, like some of the other hijackers. She would have to be insane to accept money from Cooper when every cop on the West Coast would be searching for him. She would have to KNOW that he would become the only unidentified hijacker, and one of the few not caught by police eventually. Or...that he would be killed. She would have to know these things, and there is no way she could have known any of that. 

As far as Mucklow possibly disposing of the ransom money at Tina Bar, if you believe that story...she didn't need to take that risk. She could have simply tossed the bills into a fireplace.  

In order to find out whether Hahneman was Cooper, the only thing you really need are the FBI's files on him. Since Hahneman pulled off his little caper only seven months after Cooper did, and the Cooper case was unsolved, there is undoubtedly mention of Cooper in those files as it relates to the Cooper case. You can take this almost as a 'given' that the FBI would have wondered if Hahneman and Cooper were one and the same. It was probably the first thing they wondered. He smoked, he demanded money and parachutes, he went out the back of a 727, etc. Only if you assume the FBI were complete fools would they not have checked to see if Cooper and Hahneman were the same guy. They probably wondered all this, even while Hahneman was in flight and making his demands. 

Almost certainly this will go one way or another, should the files on Hahneman be obtained. Either the FBI dismissed him for cause, or...who knows why he was never charged in the Cooper crime? Or even WHY...(as far as I know) he is NEVER mentioned in the Cooper files? However, it is almost a certainty that Cooper WOULD be mentioned in the Hahneman files. The idea that Hahneman might be Cooper (same M.O.) must have occurred to the FBI right away. 

There are two large differences between the Hahneman job and the Cooper job. Hahneman used a gun and was very aggressive. And he smoked a different brand of cigarettes. The FBI's files on Hahneman will reveal the truth on whether he is Cooper. That is nearly a certainty. Without any more available evidence, my best guess on what happened is that Hahneman got the idea to hijack a jet for money by reading about Cooper, and was encouraged by the fact that Cooper got away with it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Eric Ulis now wants to be a makeup and beauty expert? What in the heck is that all about? B)

If not...if Eric simply stopped paying for the domain address...all of you guys with the Cooper Con website linked might want to remove those links from your articles or your websites. 

Well, unless you want to know how to get better-looking eyelashes and lips. :/

'The main areas I work in are beauty, fashion, celebrity & music. After working on various makeup counters & for different brands I decided to take the plunge and move to Tucson to pursue my dream of becoming a freelance makeup artist...'

I'm pretty sure that site wasn't created by Eric. You have to watch it when you let domains lapse, though. If people see that the domain was previously getting good traffic, they will sometimes buy the domain name just to get the traffic. In any case, I know some of you have that domain address linked as the site Eric uses to organize Cooper conventions. It's no longer valid. You should probably rid yourselves of those links and wait for Eric to create a new website on Cooper Conventions. 

The only thing I can't figure out is WHY Eric would let that domain name lapse, if he were planning future conventions. It only costs me $20 a year to renew the AB domain, which is done two years at a time. And you get plenty of warnings on upcoming loss of your domain name. Sixty days out, a month out, days out, and you can still renew for a short period even if it expires. They give you a lot of chances. For some reason, Eric just let it expire. It's a mystery to me on why he would do that. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

About Hahneman:  I wanted to do a separate post on him so you don't have to quote over all those pictures and my comments about them. The John Dower picture has nothing to do with this issue. 

I'll admit Hahneman could fit a possible profile of Cooper. There is no getting around this fact. 

The problem is that you don't have, or can't obtain, what are probably large amounts of FBI files on him related to the hijacking for which he was later convicted. The one he certainly DID do...and this hurts your case. For all we know, Hahneman could have been heavily investigated after he was caught, to see if he was Cooper. Why wouldn't they do that? It was nearly a copycat of Cooper's jump and the Cooper case was still red hot in June 1972.

Hahneman was also in Federal prison for approximately 12 years, and that would give the FBI plenty of time to see if he was also Cooper. 

Or...for some reason not known to either you or I...the FBI was able to dismiss him right away as a suspect. Without seeing what the FBI had on Hahneman both before and after his arrest, it is hard to pin the Cooper case on him. 

You have said that perhaps some things were covered up by the FBI, or maybe the State Department. Okay...maybe. 

If so, why would the FBI continue to spend so many resources and manpower to continue chasing Cooper, if they knew Hahneman was Cooper? It is much more likely that somehow they found out he was NOT...and for that reason they kept up investigating the Cooper case. The most likely reason they would conclude he wasn't is if they were able to interview witnesses who place him far from Portland, Oregon on November 24. 1971. Or...that his picture was shown to the witnesses and they dismissed him as Cooper. Hahneman pulled off his little stunt only seven months after the Cooper hijacking. The witnesses' minds would still have been fresh, and people like Flo Schaffner, who was still frightened out of her wits, would have been happy to say Hahneman was Cooper. But nobody ever did as far as we know. 

There is also the matter of the Tina Bar money. Since Hahneman was caught shortly after June 1972, this means the money found at Tina Bar would have to be exposed to the elements for almost ten years, when Tom Kaye and his team estimated the time the bills would have been outside at far less than that time frame. You have countered that with a theory that stewardess Tina Mucklow may have pocketed some of the ransom, and later...in a fit of guilt perhaps...dumped the money at Tina Bar either through an intermediary, or on her own. But Mucklow was known to be heavily religious, even proselytizing her fellow crew members occasionally, and was known to carry a Bible around. She seems an unlikely candidate for dishonesty. Plus, she and her fellow crew must have been aware that once they reached Reno, they would be heavily debriefed by FBI agents. Had they caught her with some of the ransom money, she would have been fired immediately, and then arrested. 

Putting yourself in Mucklow's place, remember something else:  Almost every hijacker who tried it for money was either identified, or later arrested. Mucklow would have to depend on the idea that Cooper would not be caught, otherwise she would have been found out rather quickly. Especially if they had caught Cooper right after he landed, like some of the other hijackers. She would have to be insane to accept money from Cooper when every cop on the West Coast would be searching for him. She would have to KNOW that he would become the only unidentified hijacker, and one of the few not caught by police eventually. Or...that he would be killed. She would have to know these things, and there is no way she could have known any of that. 

As far as Mucklow possibly disposing of the ransom money at Tina Bar, if you believe that story...she didn't need to take that risk. She could have simply tossed the bills into a fireplace.  

In order to find out whether Hahneman was Cooper, the only thing you really need are the FBI's files on him. Since Hahneman pulled off his little caper only seven months after Cooper did, and the Cooper case was unsolved, there is undoubtedly mention of Hahneman in those files as it relates to the Cooper case. You can take this almost as a 'given' that the FBI would have wondered if Hahneman and Cooper were one and the same.

Almost certainly this will go one way or another, should the files on Hahneman be obtained. Either the FBI dismissed him for cause, or...well, who knows why he was never charged in the Cooper crime? Or even WHY...(as far as I know) he is NEVER mentioned in the Cooper files? However, it is almost a certainty that Cooper WOULD be mentioned in the Hahneman files. The idea that Hahneman might be Cooper (same M.O.) must have occurred to the FBI right away. 

You keep making the same errors..

I DO have files.. I have told you this several times, it doesn't hurt my case, it helps it. You make assumptions and claims that are not true because you only have a fraction of the info.

I have lots of info that isn't public. That was my point.

Hahneman was looked at..  you assume that because he was looked at he would have been charged if he was Cooper. This is false. 

KC was investigated in 2004, you didn't look at the recent file #52. Far more in the Cooper files on Rackstraw, McCoy, KC, Peterson and others...

It will take forensics to put a suspect on the plane and I don't think any of us can achieve that..

My point is comparing all the suspects Hahneman is the top one by far.. based on the info I have. Others don't have that info so they don't see it.

Create a quality suspect profile/matrix, Hahneman is at the top. He is the best match for Cooper vs the other suspects, that alone doesn't prove he is Cooper. Hahneman ticks more boxes..

KC wasn't 'investigated' in 2004. His brother, like many other people, was just sending in letters to the FBI because he thought Kenny was Cooper. The FBI did little to nothing about that. No investigation really began until 2007, when Skipp Porteous became involved, and later...when I did. When I was working with Skipp, we had access to unlimited use of background checking websites because Skipp was licensed as a private investigator and was able to access even OTHER databases generally restricted to the public, as long as he paid the monthly fees, or in some cases, because he had a valid PI license. This made it easier to know who I should visit and interview, as well as everything about them that was on record, including NCIC. 

Okay. You have files you haven't released. So do I. 

Do any of the ones you have include witness testimony, or hard facts regarding Hahneman's whereabouts in November 1971? 

All I've seen so far is an effort to match Hahneman to the hijacking based mostly on his work and appearance. And Hahneman is a guy who was identified, caught, arrested, and imprisoned for twelve long years in Federal prison for a hijacking he DID do. 

It should be easy as pie to link him to the Cooper hijacking, yet you haven't even got him traveling or living in the Great Northwest at the time of Cooper. Don't you think the FBI thought of the possibility he might be Cooper the second they realized he was pulling off virtually the SAME TYPE OF CRIME? Don't you think they were wondering if he was Cooper the moment he was taken into custody?

Of course they did...unless you believe they were unbelievably stupid. Hahneman is a known quantity. He was caught, tried, and jailed. Yet he's never even mentioned anywhere in the Cooper files as a suspect at all. 

Ask yourself WHY. 

You need to see the FBI files on Hahneman to find out WHY. There must be a reason why he was dismissed right away as Cooper, and that answer is in those files. The two most likely answers are either the FBI was easily able to place him elsewhere on 11/24/1971, or the witnesses wrote him off. Probably both. Come on...you must realize they CHECKED. Some information on all this might even be available in the court transcript of Hahneman's trial. You might be able to get that without an FOIA request. In those cases, sometimes it's just a small fee to the court clerk, or the Federal court where he was tried. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

In other news, I answered more than a dozen messages today about the latest Cooper documentary. 

I had to create a standard reply, just to save time. I put a link to a post I made in it, to easier explain the whole thing. 

If anyone ever asks me again to be in a Cooper documentary, unless I know them, or there are agreed-upon parameters on paper, I will say no. 

I did video conference with Greg the Techie Guy earlier this evening and laid out the shit for him regarding next year's Cooper Party. I reminded him we've been friends for 36 years, he's been with AB of Seattle since the start in 2003, and now it was time to step up to the job. You should have seen me working with him. Microsoft stock is selling for over $200 a share and he has TENS of thousands of shares. How about dropping a few on the final public event Adventure Books of Seattle will ever host in Washington state? What about it Greg? (*insert evil laugh here*) You can ask him all about it if you end up showing in June. 

My good friend for decades, the guy I've known since Windows Three Point Whatever told me today that my budget is unlimited and I can do whatever the hell I want...and he will back it up fully. Woo-hoo baby. All we need now is a vaccine. 

Don't give me a blank check. I have plenty of imagination. And the first thing I will do is offer up so much damn money on those Cooper Character Lookalike Contest prizes, that Cooper fans will be falling over each other to get on the attendance list. They will boonie-crash through the forest to get a chance at that money. 

You think I'm BS'ing you? You haven't seen Greg and I work together. I come up with the imaginative ideas. He's the brains with the money. Get on board with this idea, Cooperland....or you will find yourselves sucking hind teat next June. 

That's a 'kid farmer' and 'toilet scrubber' kind of comment. B)